Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,712 members, 7,882,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:58 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4698609 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (6241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 9:52pm On May 03, 2015
I fought to start this new page gringringrin

Okay, UCL breeze has started blowing oh! before we know what's happening, it will be Wednesday night (7:45pm)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 9:58pm On May 03, 2015
Messi's maturity

Leo Messi showed what generosity and team spirit are all about in Córdoba.

He proved that he is on great terms with Neymar when he let the Brazilian take a penalty kick with six minutes to go.

It was a significant gesture and one that exemplifies his maturity for several reasons. First and foremost, because he is vying for the Pichichi and the European Golden Shoe with Cristiano Ronaldo.

This was Messi's way of expressing his gratitude to Neymar, after the 23-year-old let him tap in the sixth goal of the game instead of prodding it home himself, despite being first to the ball. In addition, the Brazilian had missed several goalscoring chances and this was an opportunity to give him a confidence boost.

Many people contrasted Messi's gesture with Real Madrid's third goal against Almería. With the same number of minutes on the clock (84), Álvaro Arbeloa arrived ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, leaving the star unable to add to his tally, and the Portuguese made his disappointment clear. Smh... tongue

Nevertheless, this is not the first time that Messi has let Neymar take a spot-kick this season. It happened before in the Copa del Rey semi-final against Villarreal (3-1). On that occasion, the Brazilian missed. Messi has taken nine penalties so far this term, of which he has missed three - although he did score from the rebound after one of them.

The 'Azulgranas' squad praised Messi's selflessness. "It shows his team spirit and humility. In addition to being the best player in the world, he proves what a great teammate he is; that he is humble and thinks about the group. It's a way of saying thanks to Neymar", remarked Luis Suárez.

Javier Mascherano agreed with the Uruguayan: "These gestures show what a great guy Leo is."

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/03/en/football/barcelona/1430639767.html

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by fredoooooo: 10:03pm On May 03, 2015
usbcable:

happy for Chelsea and The special one.
congrats Fredoooooo and Tval and FBS and Chelseabmw
hala Madrid cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by fredoooooo: 10:04pm On May 03, 2015
coded01:
Tval & Fredoooooo, congrats... cool

Chelsea finally wins EPL... tongue grin
visa el barca cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 10:07pm On May 03, 2015
Ain't nothing new to say about god-Messi? The gods smile on us and bless us with their presence every once in a while.. Enjoy this moment's mates!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 10:09pm On May 03, 2015
fredoooooo:

visa el barca cool

no tiene sentido... grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by fredoooooo: 10:17pm On May 03, 2015
coded01:

no tiene sentido... grin
shayo na bastard grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 10:25pm On May 03, 2015
fredoooooo:

grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 11:14pm On May 03, 2015
fredoooooo:

Smh... grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by eyoniggar(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2015
I foresee a great season. Lucho already looking smiles on that his bony face. grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by logica(m): 11:37pm On May 03, 2015
If not for his foolishness, our minds would already be off the league; and on the Champions League. Imagine those 6 points dropped at home (loses).
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 5:20am On May 04, 2015
coded01:
Messi's maturity

He proved that he is on great terms with Neymar when he let the Brazilian take a penalty kick with six minutes to go.

It was a significant gesture and one that exemplifies his maturity for several reasons. First and foremost, because he is vying for the Pichichi and the European Golden Shoe with Cristiano Ronaldo.

This was Messi's way of expressing his gratitude to Neymar, after the 23-year-old let him tap in the sixth goal of the game instead of prodding it home himself, despite being first to the ball. In addition, the Brazilian had missed several goalscoring chances and this was an opportunity to give him a confidence boost.

Many people contrasted Messi's gesture with Real Madrid's third goal against Almería. With the same number of minutes on the clock (84), Álvaro Arbeloa arrived ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, leaving the star unable to add to his tally, and the Portuguese made his disappointment clear. Smh... tongue

Nevertheless, this is not the first time that Messi has let Neymar take a spot-kick this season. It happened before in the Copa del Rey semi-final against Villarreal (3-1). On that occasion, the Brazilian missed. Messi has taken nine penalties so far this term, of which he has missed three - although he did score from the rebound after one of them.

The 'Azulgranas' squad praised Messi's selflessness. "It shows his team spirit and humility. In addition to being the best player in the world, he proves what a great teammate he is; that he is humble and thinks about the group. It's a way of saying thanks to Neymar", remarked Luis Suárez.

Javier Mascherano agreed with the Uruguayan: "These gestures show what a great guy Leo is."

and the obsession continues.
Article about Meshits "maturity" and all your brain could see and deem necessary to bolden has to be the paragraph on CR.
CRISTIANOPHOBIA working through their veins.
Well as they always say....HATERS GONNA HATE undecided
imagine 8 paragraphs and he didnt see anypart worthy to quote.
later some olodo's and hate-filled souls will complain that Krasid is spaming the thread with talks about Cris.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 5:57am On May 04, 2015
21 Barcelona goals from headers this season: Pique Messi 5 - Neymar 3 - Mathieu Rakitic 2 - Pedro Adriano Bartra Suarez 1
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:42am On May 04, 2015
coded01:
Messi's maturity

I wasn't pleased when he handed the ball to neymar. For goodness sake he is fighting for the pichichi. Neymar isn't fighting for anything, neymar musnt score in every game must he? Person go die if he nor score? Trust me, football and the world nowadays lack respect for morality. Fast forward 2 months from now everybody remembers who won the pichichi, none remembers who was generous on the pitch, or had team spirit. Messi should have taken the penalty, infact neymar should have rejected it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:23am On May 04, 2015
usbcable:

and the obsession continues.
Article about Meshits "maturity" and all your brain could see and deem necessary to bolden has to be the paragraph on CR.
CRISTIANOPHOBIA working through their veins.
Well as they always say....HATERS GONNA HATE undecided
imagine 8 paragraphs and he didnt see anypart worthy to quote.
later some olodo's and hate-filled souls will complain that Krasid is spaming the thread with talks about Cris.
Make we hear word! Na him write the article? Since when him no dey allowed to quote or bold any part wey him like? Afterall, Marca na Madrid site. Take your frustrations to the Editor of the article.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:24am On May 04, 2015
ddippset:
I wasn't pleased when he handed the ball to neymar. For goodness sake he is fighting for the pichichi. Neymar isn't fighting for anything, neymar musnt score in every game must he? Person go die if he nor score? Trust me, football and the world nowadays lack respect for morality. Fast forward 2 months from now everybody remembers who won the pichichi, none remembers who was generous on the pitch, or had team spirit. Messi should have taken the penalty, infact neymar should have rejected it.
I disagree. Simple!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 7:35am On May 04, 2015
ddippset:
Bro, I beg to disagree. There is nothing wrong in Messi allowing Ney take the PK. It goes a long way in telling the whole world how unselfish, united and team spirited they are. And what if Neymar had not left the second goal for Messi, and Messi losing the PK? Then he's stuck to the lone goal. If he's destined for the pichichi, he'll surely get it. But trust him never to get it through selfishness and obsession, he's not known for it really.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:38am On May 04, 2015
dmcdad:

I disagree. Simple!
lol. Of course I knew 99% would disagree. It's OK. I don't need the praises for Messi, we all already know that Messi is humble and a nice buddie. I want him to to win the pichichi.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 7:43am On May 04, 2015
sebod:

Bro, I beg to disagree. There is nothing wrong in Messi allowing Ney take the PK. It goes a long way in telling the whole world how unselfish, united and team spirited they are. And what if Neymar had not left the second goal for Messi, and Messi losing the PK? Then he's stuck to the lone goal. If he's destined for the pichichi, he'll surely get it. But trust him never to get it through selfishness and obsession, he's not known for it really.
I understand. But you guys misunderstand me.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:33am On May 04, 2015
ddippset:
lol. Of course I knew 99% would disagree. It's OK. I don't need the praises for Messi, we all already know that Messi is humble and a nice buddie. I want him to to win the pichichi.
Mmm... Anything that would make your teammate more confident is what I subscribe for. I guess he plays for the team now more than ever. And that is good and healthy for us. He showed his selflessness with that gesture, and that's what I need in this team so we could win lots of trophies in the nearest future. Personally, I don't care much any longer about his personal race with Ronaldo. All I want is trophy, trophy and trophy. Trophies!

Remember the goal that made him the all-time La Liga top scorer? Ney gave him that pass albeit he could have scored it himself.

Of course you would wanna say Messi has done far more than that for Ney and the team in general. That is true, and can never be overemphasized. Even if he didn't give Ney the penalty, it wouldn't mean he didn't care for the team as is custom. But, that gesture, to give your teammate a morale boost, after a rather disappointing display, is one of those little things you do today, and will make for a richer harvest tomorrow, because of what it signifies.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:41am On May 04, 2015
ddippset:
I understand. But you guys misunderstand me.
I get your point. But then, that is what I don't like about Ronaldo. "The Obsession".

You and I know very well that Ronaldo would rather lose a game 4-3, with him scoring a hatrick. Messi would rather win the game without scoring. We have seen it times without number.

Besides, Messi is reinventing himself to a hybrid of Xavi+Messi. Sure, it would mean he doesn't score as much as he does in the past. But it would be for the good of the team. Moreso now that we have better goal scorers than in previous years. Which is something we lacked for some years before the arrivals of Ney and Suarez.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 8:54am On May 04, 2015
I don't want any gaddemn pichichi or whatever they call it... I just want the LA Liga trophy. SIMPLE.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by sebod(m): 9:46am On May 04, 2015
dmcdad:

Mmm... Anything that would make your teammate more confident is what I subscribe for. I guess he plays for the team now more than ever. And that is good and healthy for us. He showed his selflessness with that gesture, and that's what I need in this team so we could win lots of trophies in the nearest future. Personally, I don't care much any longer about his personal race with Ronaldo. All I want is trophy, trophy and trophy. Trophies!

Remember the goal that made him the all-time La Liga top scorer? Ney gave him that pass albeit he could have scored it himself.

Of course you would wanna say Messi has done far more than that for Ney and the team in general. Thats is true, and can never be overemphasized. Even if he didn't give Ney the penalty, it wouldn't mean he didn't care for the team as is custom. But, that gesture, to give your teammate a morale boost, after a rather disappointing display, is one of those little things you do today, and will make for a richer harvest tomorrow, because of what it signifies.
Thanks for this bro, good morning.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:47am On May 04, 2015
ddippset:
At this point in time,its funny how only u think Messi needs the pichichi to be relevant!!
That act he did tells you that he is not bothered about winning a pichichi but wants everyone in the team to be happy and carried along..Mind you,Messi is the reason Neymar came to Barca!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 9:54am On May 04, 2015
dmcdad:

I get your point. But then, that is what I don't like about Ronaldo. "The Obsession".

You and I know very well that Ronaldo would rather lose a game 4-3, with him scoring a hatrick. Messi would rather win the game without scoring. We have seen it times without number.

Besides, Messi is reinventing himself to a hybrid of Xavi+Messi. Sure, it would mean he doesn't score as much as he does in the past. But it would be for the good of the team. Moreso now that we have better goal scorers than in previous years. Which is something we lacked for some years before the arrivals of Ney and Suarez.
Exactly...
Messi knows that his burden has been lifted a bit by players who can score.....especially, Suarez!!
Come next season, Suarez might win the pichichi...
If not for C.Ronaldo,the three FIFA Balon d'or finalists for this year would have been our front three..No competition!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:55am On May 04, 2015
sebod:
Thanks for this bro, good morning.
A very good morning to you too. Do have a blissful day.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 9:56am On May 04, 2015
philfearon:

Exactly...
Messi knows that his burden has been lifted a bit by players who can score.....especially, Suarez!!
Come next season, Suarez might win the pichichi...
If not for C.Ronaldo,the three FIFA Balon d'or finalists for this year would have been our front three..No competition!!
Q.E.D
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 10:14am On May 04, 2015
philfearon:

At this point in time,its funny how only u think Messi needs the pichichi to be relevant!!
That act he did tells you that he is not bothered about winning a pichichi but wants everyone in the team to be happy and carried along..Mind you,Messi is the reason Neymar came to Barca!!
Exactly! He wanted to play with Messi! I bet you. if he had gone to Madrid, he wouldn't have been this loyal to Ronaldo the same way he has been to Messi.

When Neymar was pledging his loyalty to Messi at several points in time last season, some thought it was just a gimmick to somehow dethrone Messi. Now we are seeing that all he said then were said outta sincerity of heart. He loves Messi and is entirely loyal to Messi. Why would Messi not take him close then? It's only normal that Messi help him grow to become the star that he is poised to be.

And sometimes, we easily forget who was the pace-setter for Messi. The mighty Ronaldinho! One of the most selfless players I have ever seen. It is only right that he did same to Ney. Obviously Barça bought Neymar to take the mantle from Messi when the right time comes. And who else will show him the way to go if not the same Messi?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 12:29pm On May 04, 2015
Lol, I knew I'd be politically very very very incorrect. I just had to post it anyway. Good opinions from everyone.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by philfearon(m): 1:46pm On May 04, 2015
dmcdad:

Exactly! He wanted to play with Messi! I bet you. if he had gone to Madrid, he wouldn't have been this loyal to Ronaldo the same way he has been to Messi.

When Neymar was pledging his loyalty to Messi at several points in time last season, some thought it was just a gimmick to somehow dethrone Messi. Now we are seeing that all he said then were said outta sincerity of heart. He loves Messi and is entirely loyal to Messi. Why would Messi not take him close then? It's only normal that Messi help him grow to become the star that he is poised to be.

And sometimes, we easily forget who was the pace-setter for Messi. The mighty Ronaldinho! One of the most selfless players I have ever seen. It is only right that he did same to Ney. Obviously Barça bought Neymar to take the mantle from Messi when the right time comes. And who else will show him the way to go if not the same Messi?
Word!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Tval(m): 2:28pm On May 04, 2015
smiley

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On May 04, 2015
See two good natured clubs with mutual respect for each other before a crucial CL game

Like they say you can go to school but you cant buy class

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2375457_tr_jpegeda513fc18c480d6b3c8e99b87af895b

FCB vs FCB.

Hoping for a good game tomorrow which Bayern ends up winning

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (6241) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.