Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,657 members, 7,945,010 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 09:44 AM

DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ (490 Views)

Buhari’s Death: Africa Leaders Observe A Minute Silence At AU Summit / Buhari@76: See The ThrowBack Advert By Fayose & PDP Wishing Buhari Death In 2015 / Fake Buhari Death Certificate Bishop Eze Orieke Posted (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ by JEWELofHELL666: 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
The Department of State Security Services, DSS invited a former governor of Adamawa State, Jibrilla Bindow over a controversial audiotape where some APC executives were criticising the President.

One of the executives was even heard wishing for the President’s death.

Bindow alongside five others namely Kabiru Mijinyawa, Abubakar Umar Sirimbai, a former commissioner, Yusha’u Adamu, former speaker Adamawa house of assembly; Sulaiman Adamu, the acting APC chairman Yola south and Mustapha Barkindo, former adviser to Bindow.

DSS operatives grilled them for hours.

Speaking on the situation, Bindow’s media aide, Sadiq Abdullateef, who also confirmed the DSS invitation, disclosed on Wednesday afternoon that his principal has since condemned the statements against the President.

The statement read in part: ”Former Adamawa State Governor, Senator Muhammad Umar Jibrilla Bindow was invited to a party meeting because some members of the party were aggrieved about the just concluded primaries, which he attended as an elder of the party,”

”It’s worthy of note that, there was no program in the said meeting, he went there and sat and listened to the aggrieved members’ complains, and there was an unwarranted outburst from some members which he cautioned, it’s sad that some people are using that outburst with a recording to malign the former governor.”

“The said recording was doctored and if you listened to it very well, there are some conversations that were skipped, Senator Bindow cautioned the members making those unwarranted utterances thrice in the meeting and even threatened to walk out.”

“His words were, ‘please this is not right, you don’t wish anybody death because of political reasons, talk less of our leader and father, the president. Let’s make progress please, or I am leaving’.”

https://politicsnigeria.com/dss-invites-ex-governor-apc-chairman-over-audiotape-wishing-buhari-death/

Re: DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ by Danjikanbauchi: 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
They should have killed him, so that we know Buhari is god

1 Like

Re: DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ by GardenOfGod(m): 7:18pm On Aug 11, 2021
"The said recording was doctored and if you listened to it very well, there are some conversations that were skipped..."

If the recording was doctored or nursed or whatever, the Police will make it known after a thorough investigation.
Let me for once have faith in our Police Force' professionalism to do justice to the case.
Re: DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ by AntonVince: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
Aversion to criticism is one of the hallmarks of failed, irresponsible governments.
Re: DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ by mountmoriah(m): 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
Ok
Re: DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ by hawbuh: 8:02pm On Aug 11, 2021
Noted
Re: DSS Invites Ex-Governor, APC Chairman Over Audiotape Wishing Buhari ‘Death’ by Datsme: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2021
Everyone has freedom of speech which must be carefully used because freedom after speech is not guaranteed.

I wonder how he would have felt or react hearing someone wishing him death.

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: I Wish My Daughter Graduated From School Before Getting Married To Bu / Photo News: Peter Obi, Bukola Saraki Attend Ibb,’s In-house 80th Birthday Party / Zulum: I’ve Survived Over 50 Boko Haram Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.