Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,485 members, 7,937,418 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 01:58 AM

The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past - Culture (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past (32059 Views)

Music, Dance: What Gave Fulani Youths Joy In The Past (Video, Pictures) / Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 11:49pm On May 08
Benin artefact depiction of Igala messager and example of Igala depiction of themselves.

Yoruba took advantage of their early Western education and try to rewrite Benin history in their favour.

First image is a Benin artefact of Igala messenger.

Second and third images are Igala artefacts.

Until 1897, Benin had no connection with Ife in Osun state. Benin/Ife connection is a fairytale with no evidence.

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 12:02am On May 09
In 1824 when Europeans first visited yoruba land they meant the Alaafin of Oyo as the king and head of yoruba people. The Ooni was just a chief priest of Ifa as shown below. The two most powerful Kings in southern Nigeria in 1824 were the Oba of Benin and Alaafin of Oyo. The Ooni was not in the picture. It was Awolowo that elevated the Ooni above the Alaafin.

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 12:08am On May 09
jellea:
how old are you please? ogane means the great one. im not here for banter stop bringing these yoruba corrupted histories.
and if so, how is the ooni not the great one when the benin call him oghene as you see in their dictionaries?

see file-1 for edo dictionary by agheyisi (1986) & file-2 for bini dictionary by melzian (1937).

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 12:10am On May 09
Below is the summary of an extensive work done on Benin history by Ryder. What Ryder is saying is that the current Benin/Ife connection doesn't agree with what the Europeans recorded about Benin history from the 1400s or 15th century.

No material evidences in Benin recorded eyewitness historical accounts between 1400s to 1897 supports Benin/Ife connection.

Benin had no relationship with the Ooni, Ife until the fairytale was invented and introduced after the fall of Benin to Britain in 1897.

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 12:15am On May 09
Attah of Igala is far, far greater than the Oba of Benin.

Says who??

Says the desperate Bini revisionists who aren’t actually noticeable even in this corner called nairaland.

But isn’t that a self-defeating position to hold on to?

To them, it is self defeating but better than the truth.

🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 12:25am On May 09
As can been seen from the treaty, the Alaafin has always been the king and head of the yoruba people. The Ooni was politically elevated in the 1900s.

It was the Alaafin as the king of the yoruba people that signed treaty with Britain in 1888. Ooni was not in the picture. Ooni was elevated from a chief priest of Ifa to Oba in the 1900s.

Ooni as a common chief priest of Ifa in the western direction of Benin was definitely not the eastern Ogane that was referred to by the Portuguese in the 1400s.

The Ooni was not even the most powerful king in yoruba land until he was elevated in the 1900s. The Ooni was not even a king until the 1900s, how could he have been the Ogane referred to in Benin history in the 1400s. Ooni was only elevated to the status of a king in the 1900s, about 500 years after the event.

1. The Ooni was not the head of the Yoruba people
2. The Ooni was not the king of the yoruba people
3. The Ooni is located in the west of Benin, not east as recorded.
4. How could anyone who is not intellectually deficient and mischievous argue that Ooni was the Ogane referred to in Benin history of 1400s.
5. The Ooni was not even the most powerful and respected person/ruler in yoruba land.
6. If anyone argues that Ogane was that powerful, how could him have been the Ooni who was only elevated to an oba in 1900s.

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 12:42am On May 09
FACTS ABOUT PA IDU

1. Pa Idu was born at Ogbe N’Alaka a place that eventually became the homestead of later Ogiso’s and Oba’s of Benin.
2. Pa Idu father was known as Ere (not to be mistaken as Ogiso Ere) he was the founder of Uhunmwundumwun (premier town), a place hundreds of years later Ogiso Ere moved the palace to from Ugbekun. Pa Idu father Ere, is where the ancient word Otamere (evening tide favored Ere) was created from.
3. Pa Idu is generally accepted as the Progenitor of the Benin race and all its descendants because the chroniclers of our remembered history, Ughoron; popularize his name above other native indigenes of which Idu came out from.
4. Pa Idu had three sons: Akka, Efa and Emehi. Efa and Emehi are the fathers of the modern day Benin population,
5. Through legitimacy of ancient ownership the Efa and Emehi families are the owners of Edo land as every other families came from them.
6[b]. Pa Idu died at Uhe(not to be mistaken as Ile-Ife) present day Igala areas of Kogi State and was referred to as Oghene N’Uhe by the earliest Benin natives, he was deified as a Priest King. The Chief priest and scepter bearer of the Oghene N’ Uhe shrine, Azama; followed Akka, Efa and Emehi back to Benin land and a replica of the shrine was built here in Benin land, the descendants of the Azama N’Uhe are the Oloton family of Benin and they are the custodian of the scepter of authority of Pa Idu carried by Azama and bequeathed to the descendants of Efa and Emehi.
7. Earliest Portuguese referred to Oghene N’Uhe(Pa Idu) as “Ogane” the great potentate of the interior.[/b]
8. All Ogisos starting from Ere to Oba Ewuare I all went on pilgrimage visit to pay respect to their progenitor at Uhe, a sort of confirmation and spiritual renewal ritual. A ritual also conducted by Ikaladerhan before he became a ruler in Ile-Ife.
9. When the later Oba’s of Benin discovered the complexity of the pilgrimage visit and the decline of the Uhe town they created “Erinmwidu” a replica of Oghene N’ Uhe Shrine and made it Royalty. Hence Erinmwidu is the royal deity of the Benin people.
10. Idusere, Idusogie, Idugbowa etc. reaffirm the Benin native ownership of Idu ideology hence Idu is Benin, Benin is Idu.

Let the legacies of Pa Idu be remembered by us all his children.
Pa Idu gha to kpere. Ise
Oba gha to kpere. Ise

Written by
Imasuen Amowie Izoduwa
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by DKMansa: 5:50pm On May 09
[quote author=TAO11 post=129858212]Attah of Igala is far, far greater than the Oba of Benin.

Says who??

Says the desperate Bini revisionists who aren’t actually noticeable even in this corner called nairaland.

But isn’t that a self-defeating position to hold on to?

To them, it is self defeating but better than the truth.

🤣🤣🤣
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by Balogunodua(m): 5:57pm On May 09
samuk:
Benin artefact depiction of Igala messager and example of Igala depiction of themselves.

Yoruba took advantage of their early Western education and try to rewrite Benin history in their favour.

First image is a Benin artefact of Igala messenger.

Second and third images are Igala artefacts.

Until 1897, Benin had no connection with Ife in Osun state. Benin/Ife connection is a fairytale with no evidence.

Samuel my guy....do want me around grin grin
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 7:22am On May 10
Balogunodua:

Samuel my guy....do want me around grin grin

You and anyone else who are interested in real history are always welcome.

Mind you what was written as Benin history starting from 1897 was heavily corrupted to accommodate Ife for the political unification of old Western Region.

Today the Ooni is selected in the Nigeria political arrangement as the head of the yoruba people, but historians know that it was the Alaafin that the British met on ground in 1824 as the king and head of Yoruba Land.

It was the Alaafin as king and head of the Yoruba people that signed treaty with the British on 3rd July, 1888.

The Alaafin was relegated by politicians to bring all Yoruba people under the Ife umbrella.

Ife have no independent eyewitnesses verifiable historical records to rely on, this is why Benin history was brought in and corrupted to accommodate Ife.

All early Europeans eyewitnesses accounts of Benin/Nupe-Igala relationship were corrupted and replaced with Ife in Osun state.

Most of the so called history book written starting from 1897 were written to deceive future generations.

Uhe which was east/North-East of Benin was changed to Ife which was Western direction of Benin.

Benin artefact depiction of Nupe-Igala people are being interpreted as yoruba people.

Oghene N’Uhe was referenced as Ooni of Ife, but historians know Ooni was not the most powerful person in Yoruba land. Even the Alaafin who was the most powerful king and head of the Yoruba people told the British in 1824 that he was relying on the Oba of Benin military strength to assist him to deal with uprising amongst his neighbours.

As it stands today Benin have two historical accounts.

1. Real historical accounts that were documented by Europeans explorers who were eyewitnesses to the events and Benin they visited starting from around 1485 to 1897.

2. Political history of Benin. History that is heavily corrupted to accommodate the Benin/Ife fairytale.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 6:28pm On May 19
TAO11:

and if so, how is the ooni not the great one when the benin call him oghene as you see in their dictionaries?

see file-1 for edo dictionary by agheyisi (1986) & file-2 for bini dictionary by melzian (1937).

All these you are bringing here is a revision done in later centuries. Do you think you I have time for these local games you are playing. Grow up
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 6:35pm On May 19
jellea:
All these you are bringing here is a revision done in later centuries. Do you think you I have time for these local games you are playing. Grow up
the 2 dictionaries are edo dictionaries. (wait, process that for a moment before you continue reading).

also, the map is from the 1500s. what is earlier? 😂

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 6:16pm On Jun 10
TAO11:

the 2 dictionaries are edo dictionaries. (wait, process that for a moment before you continue reading).

also, the map is from the 1500s. what is earlier? 😂

yoruba the batrayals. i am ashamed of you guys. i dont have any issue with any individual, but you guys are one of the biggest problem in africa for the roles you played in aiding british and portuguese.

you conquered igodomidogo, an igbo civilization and imposed your own son to the throne. now you are using that same bloodline to write edo dictionary. like wtf do you take me for? do you think im a kid? what is a edo? what is edo language? you guys are very shameless .,
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by samuk: 8:07pm On Jun 10
Igala Chief depicted in Benin artefact. There are no verifiable historical evidence of Benin/Ife relationship before 1897.

Igala Chief

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 12:32am On Jun 11
jellea:

yoruba the batrayals. i am ashamed of you guys. i dont have any issue with any individual, but you guys are one of the biggest problem in africa for the roles you played in aiding british and portuguese.

you conquered igodomidogo, an igbo civilization and imposed your own son to the throne. now you are using that same bloodline to write edo dictionary. like wtf do you take me for? do you think im a kid? what is a edo? what is edo language? you guys are very shameless .,

I understand your point of view.

I didn’t conquer Benin kingdom, it was my Yoruba ancestors who conquered Benin kingdom & the igbos near there.

So stop blaming me for what my ancestors did.

3 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 9:39pm On Jun 11
TAO11:

I understand your point of view.

I didn’t conquer Benin kingdom, it was my Yoruba ancestors who conquered Benin kingdom & the igbos near there.

So stop blaming me for what my ancestors did.

Incase you misunderstood me. I'm only referring to the rewriting off historic information in the late 19th century by Yoruba historians.

And you saying I should not blame you, while all you do is propagating the lies. I'm very sure that you are being sponsored to do this.

You know I'm an igbo, and I'm much more smart than you think. I know what you guys can do.

There is a reason Igbos call you betrayals and Hausa calls you Y.A.R.I.B.A, meaning the same thing. It's left for everyone to dig your history properly all the way from Mali.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 3:52am On Jun 12
jellea:
Incase you misunderstood me. I'm only referring to the rewriting off historic information in the late 19th century by Yoruba historians.

And you saying I should not blame you, while all you do is propagating the lies. I'm very sure that you are being sponsored to do this.

You know I'm an igbo, and I'm much more smart than you think. I know what you guys can do.

There is a reason Igbos call you betrayals and Hausa calls you Y.A.R.I.B.A, meaning the same thing. It's left for everyone to dig your history properly all the way from Mali.
My ancestors from Ife conquered Benin around 12th century — you already said you know this.

So what did they re-write? Did they say they didn’t conquer Benin? They didn’t deny it nau. They admit it.

Edo dictionaries admits it. The map drawn in the 16th century also show it. So what are you really saying?

None of these was written/drawn by Yorubas. So leave Yorubas out of this.

Igbo call us betrayals? lmao 😂 Why? We agreed that we will let you destroy our land.

Then we later stopped you at Ore, dealt with you and didn’t allow you destroy our land. We’re betrayals. 😂

Y.A.R.I.B.A?? 😅 Hausas say that word does not exist in their language.

Check a Hausa dictionary, or if you are illiterate, then ask any Hausa around you.

✌🏾

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 2:03pm On Jun 14
TAO11:

My ancestors from Ife conquered Benin around 12th century — you already said you know this.

So what did they re-write? Did they say they didn’t conquer Benin? They didn’t deny it nau. They admit it.

Edo dictionaries admits it. The map drawn in the 16th century also show it. So what are you really saying?

Igbo call us betrayals? lmao 😂 Why? We agreed that we will let you destroy our land.

Then we later stopped you at Ore, dealt with you and didn’t allow you destroy our land. We’re betrayals. 😂

Check a Hausa dictionary, or if you are illiterate, then ask any Hausa around you.

✌🏾

yoruba is from Mali

you did not conquer Edo but IDU. and the name of the kingdom is igodomigodo. and the way you conquered it is not really through war per say but through deceit. you impreganted igbo girl who was the child of the ogiso.. thats was the pretense. your whole extistence lies in decet.

yes yorubas rewrote history from 19th century. thats our topic here. Portuguese docs made mention of spiritual leader EAST of benin and in the later versions of the book, this is was rewritten by Yoruba to mean ife. even ife was an igbo town as well. ododuwa himself said he met them there. why do you have igbo house in ile ife?
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 2:10pm On Jun 14
im really laughing at you. ogane is what the call spiritual leader east of benin. stop bringing stupid reference from remmants of oromiyon conquest from benin. they are the ruling house now and you expect them to tell the truth.no, because they will be kicked out. i know fully well that people will wisen up someday and kick you out back to mali.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 11:14pm On Jun 14
jellea:
yoruba is from Mali
Your Yoruba is from Hausa LIE expired VERY fast. 🤣

Anyway, there is no language called Mali.😂 Lemme help you. The term ‘Yoruba’ is from Yoruba language.

you did not conquer Edo but IDU. and the name of the kingdom is igodomigodo. and the way you conquered it is not really through war per say but through deceit. you impreganted igbo girl who was the child of the ogiso.. thats was the pretense. your whole extistence lies in decet.
If you like call yourself IDUN (bedbug), na your stress be that. Your ancestors must be really dull and slow if a stranger marched with troops into your land, had a son by one of your women & then he commanded on leaving that the child should rule over your fathers.😂

If that’s not conquest, tell me what conquest is. Your ancestors were terrible weaklings. 🤣🤣

yes yorubas rewrote history from 19th century. thats our topic here. Portuguese docs made mention of spiritual leader EAST of benin and in the later versions of the book, this is was rewritten by Yoruba to mean ife. even ife was an igbo town as well. ododuwa himself said he met them there. why do you have igbo house in ile ife?
19th century? lol 😂 That map I attached is from the 16th century. You said you’ve confirmed the map.

Now guess what!? 16th century comes before 19th.😋

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 10:14pm On Jun 20
Mali here is just pointing to the map. That's the direction you came from before mixing with Igala, Igbo and iduu people in Southern Nigeria.

In the map, the ogane n uhe is either eze Nri or attah igala. Stop wasting your time. Why dont you call oni of ife ogane?

You can take more money from your sponsors to spread your fake history! Saboteurs
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 10:19pm On Jun 20
TAO11:

✌🏾

Y.A.R.I.B.A means deceiver in Hausa. That's what they call. Even nairaland banned the word here . That's why I'm writing it in initials. Yorubas you guys are terrible. 😂
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 8:04pm On Jun 21
jellea:
Y.A.R.I.B.A means deceiver in Hausa. That's what they call. Even nairaland banned the word here . That's why I'm writing it in initials. Yorubas you guys are terrible. 😂
Wait, you said it’s from Hausa language, & I debunked that & you ran to Mali & said it’s from Mali language. I debunked that too & you’ve ran back again to Hausa.

Do me a favour: Please make up your mind. 🤣

Also, bring here the Hausa dictionary where you get it from. If it’s too heavy, tow it. Just help yourself. 😂

By the way.👇🏾😭

2 Likes

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 12:18pm On Jun 28
TAO11:

Wait, you said it’s from Hausa language, & I debunked that & you ran to Mali & said it’s from Mali language. I debunked that too & you’ve ran back again to Hausa.

Do me a favour: Please make up your mind. 🤣

Also, bring here the Hausa dictionary where you get it from. If it’s too heavy, tow it. Just help yourself. 😂

By the way.👇🏾😭

One thing I noticed is that you are acting like we are debating. I'm just telling you facts. You are actually the one jumping from one goal post to another.

I said Yoruba are mainly migrants from Mali and western Africa, via Muslim raids. However the name YA.RI.BA was given by the Hausas.

Benin people enslaved lots of Igbos during Atlantic slave trade, after Portuguese gave them ammunition. Even today there word for slave is IGBON. But that's not the meaning of the name.

Igbo is similar to saying Bushmen as you have in southern Africa. It's referring to ancient group of Africans that have resided in this tropical area for long. Even you Yoruba inherited this world from the inhabitants of western Nigeria when you conquered them. That's why you call bushy areas as Igbo.
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 5:40pm On Jun 28
jellea:

One thing I noticed is that you are acting like we are debating. I'm just telling you facts. You are actually the one jumping from one goal post to another.

I said Yoruba are mainly migrants from Mali and western Africa, via Muslim raids. However the name YA.RI.BA was given by the Hausas.

Benin people enslaved lots of Igbos during Atlantic slave trade, after Portuguese gave them ammunition. Even today there word for slave is IGBON. But that's not the meaning of the name.

Igbo is similar to saying Bushmen as you have in southern Africa. It's referring to ancient group of Africans that have resided in this tropical area for long. Even you Yoruba inherited this world from the inhabitants of western Nigeria when you conquered them. That's why you call bushy areas as Igbo.
What about when you type, you also put evidence? 🤣
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 1:43am On Jun 29
TAO11:

What about when you type, you also put evidence? 🤣

The equipments used for ife bronze in 1500s was imported through Gao. Alot of Yorubas are Muslims. How did half of you became Muslim if not through western migration and series of conquering. This is long time ago before Fulani migration.

The problem with some of us is that we always try to claim seniority over others, and Europeans know this. They use it to keep Africa divided for long. If you pay close attention, Europeans will never tell the story of your Yoruba civilization without first starting from those area of Mali (linking it with Arab era). Because they don't want to attribute any invention to the so called sub Saharan Africa, nor do they want to agree that West Africa had trade routes eastwards to the Nile Valley (Igbo ukwu glass beads).

And in the beginning I told you that I don't really believe that Igbo language is related to Yoruba. This is mainly because both languages is spoken with different tones etc. there are similar words between them because most territory occupied by modern day Yoruba were conquered territory. They mixed up with the local igboid groups and adopted some of there words.

I'm not saying this to claim superior or whatever, because as I said earlier,Igbos are not from one ancestry. Infact it's just a word like Bushmen of south Africa. Even Igbos call themselves from another clan, onye Igbo.

You may not see this in history books ofcourse because westerners don't want the idea that sub Saharan Africa either developed independently or that they are related to the Nile Valley civilization. This is the main reason.

I'm very sure that they assisted most Yoruba graduates in 19th century in revising lots of history of West Africa. Maybe placing Yoruba at top, but the end game was to make it look like West Africa never invented anything by themselves. It's a long run game. Most Yorubas will understand it later.

Even Eastern Africans are now waking up, and rejecting all the 19th century British history given to them. They have started connecting there oral history. This is not just west Africa thing. This was at the height of slavery. They have to justify the reason for enslaving Africans
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 4:44am On Jun 29
jellea:
The equipments used for ife bronze in 1500s was imported through Gao. Alot of Yorubas are Muslims. How did half of you became Muslim if not through western migration and series of conquering. This is long time ago before Fulani migration.

The problem with some of us is that we always try to claim seniority over others, and Europeans know this. They use it to keep Africa divided for long. If you pay close attention, Europeans will never tell the story of your Yoruba civilization without first starting from those area of Mali (linking it with Arab era). Because they don't want to attribute any invention to the so called sub Saharan Africa, nor do they want to agree that West Africa had trade routes eastwards to the Nile Valley (Igbo ukwu glass beads).

And in the beginning I told you that I don't really believe that Igbo language is related to Yoruba. This is mainly because both languages is spoken with different tones etc. there are similar words between them because most territory occupied by modern day Yoruba were conquered territory. They mixed up with the local igboid groups and adopted some of there words.

I'm not saying this to claim superior or whatever, because as I said earlier,Igbos are not from one ancestry. Infact it's just a word like Bushmen of south Africa. Even Igbos call themselves from another clan, onye Igbo.

You may not see this in history books ofcourse because westerners don't want the idea that sub Saharan Africa either developed independently or that they are related to the Nile Valley civilization. This is the main reason.

I'm very sure that they assisted most Yoruba graduates in 19th century in revising lots of history of West Africa. Maybe placing Yoruba at top, but the end game was to make it look like West Africa never invented anything by themselves. It's a long run game. Most Yorubas will understand it later.

Even Eastern Africans are now waking up, and rejecting all the 19th century British history given to them. They have started connecting there oral history. This is not just west Africa thing. This was at the height of slavery. They have to justify the reason for enslaving Africans
what a heap of rubbbbish?🤣

ife bronzes were made in the 1500s? lmao 😂 is it this same brain you use to run your daily activities? 🤦🏾‍♂️

ibos import goods from china, therefore ibos are chinese. you’re almost too stupid to be alive.😂

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by haffaze777(m): 4:50am On Jun 29
TAO11:

ife bronzes were made in the 1500s? lmao 😂 is it this same brain you use to run your daily activities? 🤦🏾‍♂️

ibos import goods from china, therefore ibos are chinese. you’re almost too stupid to be alive.😂

Temper mercy with judgement judgement with mercy
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 8:08am On Jun 29
TAO11:

Isn't ife bronze that of 14th century? What did I get wrong?
How many years has the Igbos traded with Chinese and do they practice their religion or speak their language? Yet we have considerate number of mixed Chinese kids of Igbo ancestry.

In the case of Yorubas, it's been more than 600 years, you practice their religion, and untop of that, they were alot of conquering kingdoms from there. I don't know why you think this is false

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/04/where-are-descendants-of-malians-in.html?m=1
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by TAO11(f): 11:58pm On Jun 29
jellea:

Isn't ife bronze that of 14th century? What did I get wrong?
How many years has the Igbos traded with Chinese and do they practice their religion or speak their language? Yet we have considerate number of mixed Chinese kids of Igbo ancestry.

In the case of Yorubas, it's been more than 600 years, you practice their religion, and untop of that, they were alot of conquering kingdoms from there. I don't know why you think this is false

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2022/04/where-are-descendants-of-malians-in.html?m=1
now make up your plastic mind: 1500s or 14th century? (those are 200 years apart dummy 😅).

oh okay, if we allow enough trading time between igboland & china, it would eventually magically prove that igbos are chinese. shebi i said, you’re too stupid to be alive. 😂

1 Like

Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 9:42pm On Jul 02
TAO11:
now make up your plastic mind: 1500s or 14th century? (those are 200 years apart dummy 😅).

oh okay, if we allow enough trading time between igboland & china, it would eventually magically prove that igbos are chinese. shebi i said, you’re too stupid to be alive. 😂

It's a mistake, ife bronze are 15th century... From 1400 to 1500s. I don't know what you are smoking.

Keep diverting discussion. Prove me wrong with facts
Re: The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past by jellea(m): 9:43pm On Jul 02
jellea:

It's a mistake, ife bronze are 15th century... From 1400 to 1500s. I don't know what you are smoking.

Even with your Chinese anology, if you had more Chinese mixed kids than native, what does that make you?? Keep diverting discussion. Prove me wrong with facts

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

The Insanely Colourful, Elaborate, Custom Coffins From Ghana (photos) / Maryland, USA Adds Yoruba as Language for Driver Learner’s Permit Test / Red-head African People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.