Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,448 members, 7,917,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:18 AM

Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance (11985 Views)

Wike Pledges ‘Logistics Support’ For Peter Obi’s Campaign / Where Are The Fire Trucks Donated By Peter Obi In Anambra? (Photos) / Umahi Pledges N5m Support To Sonni Ogbuoji, APC Governorship Candidate In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Nuelito: 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2021
Noted
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by RZArecta(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2021
uchelouis45:
Really not necessary for that amount. There are critical sectors that would require such funds to drive growth in the state. Unless maybe we don't know
not necessary until your building is on fire with your loved ones and vital documents trapped inside and the fire service tells you their motor no good or water no dey. I hope you'll be happy on that day ?

1 Like

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Brainbox2020(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
All fake
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by kingandamy4life(m): 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Please I need a good lawyer to fight my case . My sister is been moved to pkanti in Lagos because of injustice. Please you have a link to any human right lawyer plz call me. 08068731914
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by naptu2: 12:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Does that include snorkels?

I remember that the FFS got new fire equipment some time ago and they were being deployed across the country. I am trying to track the snorkels.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by thatmsiguy: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2021
AquaBekee:
Wike pledges N5m monthly FFS for fire trucks maintenance

Port Harcourt, Aug. 12, 2021 (NAN) Gov. Nyesom Wike of Rivers has pledged N5 million monthly to the Federal Fire Service for the maintenance of firefighting trucks in the state.
He made the promise during the commissioning of one modern firefighting truck, Basic Life Support Ambulance (BLS) and one water tanker on Thursday in Port Harcourt.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola had approved the deployment of newly acquired firefighting trucks to Federal Fire Services (FFS) in states to complement efforts of states firemen.
The Governor said that the monthly donation was also to buy consumables to ensure the sustenance and smooth running of the newly commissioned trucks.

“ We will give N5m monthly and it is not to be shared among yourselves.
“It is for use to make sure the vehicles are maintained.
“Our money is not to service other states but to service the people of this state.
“Whatever we give for the service of the vehicles, use it here.
“Once there is a fire outbreak and we hear there are no consumables, we will stop the funding and return the vehicles to where it came from,” he said.

He expressed concerns over the safety of lives and property as he pleaded for the trucks to be judiciously utilised for the interest of residents in the state.
Wike also stated that the state government was ready to equip the state fire service with two utility vehicles but he was unable to comment on the inclusion of the fire service in the state security council.

He however, said that he was concerned about the maintenance of the vehicles by those in charge of ensuring it’s proper utilisation.
“ The problem we have now is that will those who ought to manage this trucks and vehicles carry it out for the benefit of the people.
“ There might be situations of outbreaks and the equipment might not be around because it might have been hired rather than used for the interest of members of the public,” he said.
He commended Dr Ibrahim Liman, Controller General, FFS for the equal distribution of the modern trucks to states in the country.
Wike said “Thank you for not playing politics but doing the right thing and not relying on belonging to the same party before carrying out what’s right.”

The FFS boss assured the state government of his commitment to monitor the federal and state fire services in the state and make sure the promised monthly funds were utilised.
“ The consumables which includes: chemicals, diesel and auxiliary equipments are very expensive so we appreciate the gesture of the Governor.
Liman said the Minister of Interior has promised to deploy more fire trucks on or before the end of 2021.

He said that the deployment of the trucks was to improve firefighting and enhance service delivery in the state and country at large.
The CG on behalf of the state fire service had earlier requested for the allocation of two utility vehicles, recruitment, sponsorship of personnel on trainings and inclusion of the service in the state security council.

https://www.statepress.ng/2021/08/wike-pledges-n5m-monthly-ffs-for-fire.html?m=1

iPhone 13 Pro Max & AirPods 3 Price , Specification and Colours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29wOv9hOMvA
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by danilmo: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
RZArecta:
Some demons will be angry with this gesture from Wike

Commissioning 1 Fire truck and one tank, 1 ambulance is what is sweatening u.. ndi Mr project.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Bombolistic: 12:53pm On Aug 13, 2021
These people can Lie. Chai! Nigerian Politicians!!!
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by axeman10(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
5m every month? To maintain what exactly?

Thief!

That is an Mecerdes Benz (Rosanbuar)
Fire Tender. Price tag depends on the capacity and capability of the Fire Tender.
N60m - N112m

Maintenance cost

1. Servicing every 6 months -
Engine oil - 35 litres = 30k
Oil filter/ Water separator/ Fuel Filter = N20k
ATF - 6k

Total - 56k

2. Other Technical faults that can gulp up N1.7m at a go is the FR- Module, however FR-module can last for 6 - 15years without issues.

I can confidently tell you that the maintenance cost of this new brand Vehicles will not go beyond 500k within the first 1 - 2 years of proper usage.

The N5m every month is for what?
5m × 12months = N60m.
In 24 months = N120m enough to buy extra 2 or 1 more fire tender.
Lol.... Corruption will eventually kill this country.

Note - If this vehicle is not a refurbished vehicle, then with proper operation by competent people this vehicle is expected to go 2 - 4 years without any major fault.

Because a new Mecerdes Actros vehicle is not beans.

Also Note: it is an emergency Vehicle it does not ply on the road everyday only when the need arise.

I do constructive criticism, counter me with facts, don't quote mean without facts else thunder will fire you idiot in advance!

If you are docile and have no brain to think avoid my post.

Based on your analysis above.. Your calculated estimate for 1 truck is 56k, the report doesn't say 5m per vehicle monthly. I don't expect they have only 1 vehicle either.

For the whole state, it is reasonable they have up to 50-100 trucks across fire service stations.. Just saying. Not justifying they are corrupt or not.

Then you don't put into consideration, the fees from the mechanics.

We know the corrupt people are not only the politicians, but the ministry staff, who will not service one single vehicle but on record will have these vehicles serviced, while they share the allocation amongst themselves and their cronies.

We need to look beyond the politians at times, before we cry foul.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Jollynuel: 1:07pm On Aug 13, 2021
We need more of your type man!, I love the clean analysis...

Fuckyoumod:

Thief!

Fire Tender. Price tag depends on the capacity and capability of the Fire Tender.
N60m - N112m

Maintenance cost

ATF - 6k

Total - 56k

2. Other Technical faults that can gulp up N1.7m at a go is the FR- Module, however FR-module can last for 6 - 15years without issues.

I can confidently tell you that the maintenance cost of this new brand Vehicles will not go beyond 500k within the first 1 - 2 years of proper usage.

5m × 12months = N60m.

Note - If this vehicle is not a refurbished vehicle, then with proper operation by competent people this vehicle is expected to go 2 - 4 years without any major fault.

Also Note: it is an emergency Vehicle it does not ply on the road everyday only when the need arise.

I do constructive criticism, counter me with facts, don't quote mean without facts else thunder will fire you idiot in advance!

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Awise09(m): 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2021
Money must be spent, but to circulate it is the issue
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by rhythyson: 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

Thief!

N60m - N112m

Maintenance cost

ATF - 6k

Total - 56k

5m × 12months = N60m.

Nice explanation but i strongly feel that the 5m is for the entire fleet they have there and not for only the new one..just my take anyway

Hope thunder will not fire me? grin grin grin
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by RZArecta(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2021
danilmo:

[s]Commissioning 1 Fire truck and one tank, 1 ambulance is what is sweatening u.. ndi Mr project[/s].

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Fuckyoumod: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2021
rhythyson:

Nice explanation but i strongly feel that the 5m is for the entire fleet they have there and not for only the new one..just my take anyway

Hope thunder will not fire me? grin grin grin
you are definitely a politician.
Thunder no fit fire you na, God forbid.

Entire fleet of how many? I wrote based on the info they gave us, I won't assume.

I don't know how many is in the fleet.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by mechanics(m): 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Fuckyoumod: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
Jollynuel:
We need more of your type man!, I love the clean analysis...

thank you bro.... I'm only trying to expose the corruption in all of this.
Ordinary its a good venture but there is an underling huge corruption going on.

1 Like

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Temptee101(m): 1:35pm On Aug 13, 2021
These stupid politicians wasting and looting money anyhow they like.

In a normal country, such money wouldn't be doled out without proper assessment, legislation and deliberation.

But in a zoo anything goes.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by DaddyGoo: 1:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

Thief!

That is a Mecerdes Benz (Rosanbuar)
N60m - N112m

Maintenance cost

ATF - 6k

Total - 56k

5m × 12months = N60m.

You're correct on all but one thing sir, na MAN TGM dem use as the base vehicle not Mercedes Benz Actros.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by rhythyson: 1:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
you are definitely a politician.
Thunder no fit fire you na, God forbid.

Entire fleet of how many? I wrote based on the info they gave us, I won't assume.

I don't know how many is in the fleet.

My man i hope you still remember that Baba Fela song? Government Magic. grin grin grin
Make God just help us

Great weekend ahead cheers.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by SmilingImabong: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
grin
Evaromantik:
So Wike commissioned only One Fire Fighter Truck, one Water Tanker and an Ambulance and took all these pishurs.

Oya continue....

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Kholar211: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

Thief!

That is a Mecerdes Benz (Rosanbuar)
N60m - N112m

Maintenance cost

ATF - 6k

Total - 56k

5m × 12months = N60m.

I'm a firefighter. Bro, just accept it when I say you know-less about fire fighting job
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Fuckyoumod: 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2021
axeman10:

Based on your analysis above.. Your calculated estimate for 1 truck is 56k, the report doesn't say 5m per vehicle monthly. I don't expect they have only 1 vehicle either.

For the whole state, it is reasonable they have up to 50-100 trucks across fire service stations.. Just saying. Not justifying they are corrupt or not.

Then you don't put into consideration, the fees from the mechanics.

We know the corrupt people are not only the politicians, but the ministry staff, who will not service one single vehicle but on record will have these vehicles serviced, while they share the allocation amongst themselves and their cronies.

We need to look beyond the politians at times, before we cry foul.
OK bro thanks for your analysis as well,

But by saying this

"For the whole state, it is reasonable they have up to 50-100 trucks across fire service stations"

You are only assuming, assumptions are not facts, i did my analysis based on facts and the info provided by O.P, not based on (50 - 100) trucks that is not in existence.
And it was not said that the Gov. Is spending the 5m across all state fire vehicles.

As for mechanics, I might not say because services defers.
But they don't need a mechanic, all they need is a contractor that would be Servicing the vehicle every six month at 200k - 500k every six months.
5m every month is still very large. Hope I made sense?
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Fuckyoumod: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Kholar211:
I'm a firefighter. Bro, just accept it when I say you know-less about fire fighting job
Oga did you read the story at all?

Operational cost is different from maintenance cost.

Is English your problem?
Are we talking about fire fighting jobs or responsibilities of a fire fighter?

I'm interested in the Equipment, Not your job.

Na wa for some people ohhh
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Fuckyoumod: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2021
rhythyson:

My man i hope you still remember that Baba Fela song? Government Magic. grin grin grin
Make God just help us

Great weekend ahead cheers.
lol.......
You too bro! Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like

Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Fuckyoumod: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2021
DaddyGoo:

You're correct on all but one thing sir, na MAN TGM dem use as the base vehicle not Mercedes Benz Actros.
ok
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by axeman10(m): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2021
Fuckyoumod:

OK bro thanks for your analysis as well,

But by saying this

"For the whole state, it is reasonable they have up to 50-100 trucks across fire service stations"

You are only assuming, assumptions are not facts, i did my analysis based on facts and the info provided by O.P, not based on (50 - 100) trucks that is not in existence.
And it was not said that the Gov. Is spending the 5m across all state fire vehicles.

As for mechanics, I might not say because services defers.
But they don't need a mechanic, all they need is a contractor that would be Servicing the vehicle every six month at 200k - 500k every six months.
5m every month is still very large. Hope I made sense?

Of course not debunking whatever you said. But we can't jump on a poor report from the Op who made no mention of the number of fire fighting vehicles in the state, neither can we say they have only 1 or 20 or 50.

What can helpless Nigerians do, than to wish for a government that values accountability at all levels. People will still be corrupt if they want to, that is why you have laws.. But loopholes should be blocked as much as possible.
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by Fuckyoumod: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
axeman10:

Of course not debunking whatever you said. But we can't jump on a poor report from the Op who made no mention of the number of fire fighting vehicles in the state, neither can we say they have only 1 or 20 or 50.

What can helpless Nigerians do, than to wish for a government that values accountability at all levels. People will still be corrupt if they want to, that is why you have laws.. But loopholes should be blocked as much as possible.
OK bro, it seems we are on the same page
Re: Wike Pledges N5m Monthly FFS For Fire Trucks Maintenance by bizzibodi(m): 4:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
Wike should have use the money to buy additional firetruck na...any way d head of d fire service don hammer.truck that dnt run everyday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Corruption Of Econet In Nigeria,The Bombshell! By ECONET Ceo-Strive Masiyiwa / Abia 2023: We Either Go Forward Or Continue In Darkness — Abaribe / COVID-19, Ukranian War Might Stop Nigeria From Reaching SDGs In 2030 – UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.