Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,257 members, 7,880,980 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:22 AM

Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat (834 Views)

Ejeviome Eloho Otobo: Missing Nigerian Diplomat Found Dead In The US / Eyo Charles: Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Incident With Daily Trust Journalist / Assassination Of The Nigerian Diplomat To Sudan - A New Twist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by Naijao: 6:01am On Aug 14, 2021
Indonesia's Foreign Ministry apologized Thursday for what it called a misunderstanding with of a Nigerian diplomat, and announced it had launched a formal investigation of the incident.

Nigeria earlier this week recalled its ambassador to Indonesia and summoned Indonesia's envoy in Abuja for talks after a leaked video of the Saturday incident went viral on social media and prompted outrage.

The video shows three Indonesian immigration officials pinning the diplomat, whose name has not been released, into the back seat of a moving vehicle, one holding his arm and another pushing on his head as the man screams "I can't breathe" and "my neck, my neck."

Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesperson Teuku Faizasyah told reporters that there had been multiple meetings with Nigerian officials since the incident, including discussions with the ambassador in Jakarta on Wednesday.

The diplomat was uncooperative and refused to turn over his documents when confronted in the lobby of an apartment building, so was taken into custody, according to Ibnu Chuldun, the head of the Jakarta branch of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, which handles immigration issues.

In the car, the man was held down after he attacked immigration officials, Chuldun alleged in a statement following the incident.

Only after being questioned at the local immigration office did the man say he was a diplomat and produce his identity documents, he said.

It was not clear who videotaped the scene nor how it leaked, but according to local Nigerian media reports, the government had confirmed the man in the video was one of its diplomats.

Chuldun said the incident was settled "amicably" the same day after the Nigerian ambassador personally came to the immigration office to intervene.

The diplomatic moves from Nigeria that followed, however, suggest that the matter was not entirely resolved.

Original News Source: News.Africa.com https://news.africa.com/indonesia-regrets-incident-with-nigerian-diplomat-1804.html
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by Lawlab249: 6:02am On Aug 14, 2021
ok
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by donbachi(m): 6:28am On Aug 14, 2021
Foreigners(white folks) does not regret their actions on blacks.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by DatIgalaDude: 6:35am On Aug 14, 2021
Leaked Video

Who filmed it?

Who leaked it?

Why wasn't the part where he refused to present his documents filmed?

Is there a written apology admitting the misunderstanding from the Indonesian government or just the media reaction from the Nigerian government trying to save face?

Yeye de smell!
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by RevolverOcelot(m): 6:39am On Aug 14, 2021
Make them no regret am. We would do worse to them in Naija. To sound Indonesian come dey hungry me.

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by tony0806: 7:29am On Aug 14, 2021
Okay
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by Monogamy: 7:30am On Aug 14, 2021
Better... We would no longer tolerate all those shit again
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by Freelancer2020(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2021
I beg make our government try fix this country small nha, make we citizens too dey bleep the ass of some of this foreigners

abi shame no dey catch them ni
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by NoFucksToGive: 7:32am On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:
Better... We would no longer tolerate all those shit again

Jeeezzzzzz

Broo!!! It's just after 7 in the morning and already you have made 17 posts ?!!!!!

What is wrong with you bro?!!!!!!! Don't you have a wife or girlfriend or a life?

Why do you talk so much ?? Yuck !!! It is so disgusting when a man talks so much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by Monogamy: 7:35am On Aug 14, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

Jeeezzzzzz

Broo!!! It's just after 7 in the morning and already you have made 17 posts ?!!!!!

What is wrong with you bro?!!!!!!! Don't you have a wife or girlfriend or a life?

Why do you talk so much ?? Yuck !!! It is so disgusting when a man talks so much

So what you could do with your time is counting how many comments others have made even though you claimed you give no Bleep.

Anyways, I give no spoon about your opinion.

Thrash belonging bunkum

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by Monogamy: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2021
NoFucksToGive:

I am following your profile so it shows number of comments I woke up and saw 17 comments I thought it was cumulative of seun mynd44 and other intellectuals I follow I didn't know it was just 17 nonsense comment but one talkative

Jesus is lord

Guy are you okay ? At this time ? Now you made 2 more so it's 19 comments ?!!!

At this hour ? Oga is everything alright with you ?

See contradiction....See confusion

Well, when one's chakra is fully opened, hypnotizing others shouldn't be add.

We are the master in the game
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by NoFucksToGive: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:

So what you could do with your time is counting how many comments others have made even though you claimed you give no Bleep.

Anyways, I give no spoon about your opinion.

Thrash belonging bunkum

Bros you have my sincere sympathy if this is how you an adult use your time?!! A grown arse man for that matter ?

Tomorrow you will be blaming village people or Buhari?!!!

Why nor go to school or learn a trade ? You can waste money but never waste time. Time wasted is a resource you can never recover

1 Like

Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by NoFucksToGive: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2021
Monogamy:

See contradiction....See confusion

Well, when one's chakra is fully opened, hypnotizing others shouldn't be add.

We are the master in the game

Oga time wasted can never be recovered !! Use your time properly so tomorrow you don't blame Buhari or village people ooo.

Use your time. How can a normal man wake up and just be typing comment after comment on various threads that no one has even commented on ? Just talking to himself at 7am in the morning and you tell me.that person is not al .. you have made 25 comments just this morning?
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by aribisala0(m): 5:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
"I Regret" is diplomatic language for
"It is terrible what happened but we don not accept liability and will not say sorry".
"I regret" is NOT an apology
Re: Indonesia Regrets Violent Arresting Incident With Nigerian Diplomat by Lifestone(m): 5:18pm On Aug 14, 2021
donbachi:
Foreigners(white folks) does not regret their actions on blacks.
Are Indonesians white folks? Geeze

(1) (Reply)

How Does Sitting At Home Solve Any Problem? / Breaking News: Andy Uba Disqualified, Not APC Candidate / JUST IN:Scores Killed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Militia Invade Southern Kadun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.