Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,986 members, 7,942,538 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:57 AM

'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' (1816 Views)

Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory / Gary Lineker Said C Ronaldo Refused To Talk To Him Cos He Says Messi Is The GOAT / Berbatov: Even Messi And Ronaldo Would Struggle At Man Utd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
The Argentina international who has played alongside two all-time greats is delighted to have his fellow countryman with him in France
Paris Saint-Germain winger Angel Di Maria claims "Cristiano Ronaldo would be dying to be here", with the Portuguese superstar among those watching from afar as the Ligue 1 giants pulled off the considerable coup of signing Lionel Messi.

One all-time great has arrived in the French capital, with six-time Ballon d'Or winner Messi committing to a two-year deal at Parc des Princes after seeing Barcelona fail to agree a new contract amid serious financial difficulties at Camp Nou.

PSG had previously been linked with Ronaldo as he enters the final year of his terms at Juventus, but the iconic 36-year-old has, for now, missed out on the chance to join forces with his on-field rival.

What has been said?
Argentina forward Di Maria, who has played alongside both legendary performers on domestic and international stages, told TyC Sports: "Cristiano Ronaldo would be dying to be here. The quality and quantity of players at PSG is something unique.

"It doesn’t happen often in clubs and the greats always want to be with the best. Cristiano would certainly like to be here, but they signed Messi and luckily, it’s better this way."

Di Maria, who worked with Ronaldo at Real Madrid, added on his fellow countryman who has joined him in France: "Messi is of another category. You throw a stone at him and he stops it, he does it as if it was nothing. He thinks before the others.

"I have never seen anything like it. I have played with Cristiano, Neymar, [Kylian] Mbappe, [Wayne] Rooney, [Robin] van Persie, [Zlatan] Ibrahimovic, [Karim] Benzema, [Gareth] Bale and honestly, I have never seen anything like it.

"Leo is something unique. For me, it’s very easy to play with him. If you run, he gives you the ball at your feet. There are no excuses. I have a very good relationship with him, even off the pitch.

"I think Messi will feel better here than in Catalunya. With the welcome he has had in Paris, I think he already understands what he represents."

What of those left behind at Barcelona?
Few could have predicted that Messi would sever ties with the only club side that he represented at senior level.

One man that expected him to remain at Camp Nou was Sergio Aguero, with the Argentina international striker leaving Manchester City as a free agent to head for Spain.

He has now seen Messi depart, while also picking up an untimely injury, and Di Maria admits the 33-year-old will be kicking himself.

He added: "Kun wants to kill himself, what can you do? Apart from all that [Messi leaving], the worst thing is that he got injured again and will be out for several weeks. That's the saddest thing."

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/ronaldo-di-maria-messi-deal-much-better-for-psg/oll5a0sjp3xg1qo3g5e6b0k2y

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by SpruceMedia: 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2021
The envy is strong. Ronaldo never comments on other footballers and isn't in france, yet Di Maria won't let him be. Bitterness everywhere. Tueh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by insidelife22(m): 10:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
Di maria,Di Maria,so na this man dey marry Maria for Bbn. ah I see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by ThierryJay: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
Lol, Pendu go block this one from his SM accounts now. Baba no like to hear the truth say anyone better pass am. Soon e go block all his footballer friends cos they know the truth and will soon spill it out. Only his sycophantic fans like the nairaland transgender go remain for his SM grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by espn(m): 10:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
2 years...werey wait...imagine the idiot bringing cr7 and kun to the issue...
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 10:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
ThierryJay:
Lol, Pendu go block this one from his SM accounts now. Baba no like to hear the truth say anyone better pass am. Soon e go block all his footballer friends cos they know the truth and will soon spill it out. Only his sycophantic fans like the nairaland transgender go remain for his SM grin grin
grin grin grin.......where you go hide wey your transgender friend wan tear me this morning say i create thread about Ronaldo for the first time.

2 Likes

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2021
espn:
2 years...werey wait...imagine the idiot bringing cr7 and kun to the issue...
calm down.....na him brother ooh

1 Like

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by ThierryJay: 10:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin grin grin.......where you go hide wey your transgender friend wan tear me this morning say i create thread about Ronaldo for the first time.

grin grin Sorry bro, I was a bit under the weather this morning jare. You could have just mentioned me make I come help support your case. But I trust you did a great job of putting them in their miserable place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
ThierryJay:

grin grin Sorry bro, I was a bit under the weather this morning jare. You could have just mentioned me make I come help support your case. But I trust you did a great job of putting them in their miserable place.
No need to mention you bro.....him own na play. You good right?
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by paulolee(m): 10:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
know PSG would sell mbappe n get for free next season...
they are trying so hard to get cr7 n messi on d same team and Juve dont plan of giving him a new contract..
a team with Ramos, messi, neyma n cr7 go loud o, cr7 would be Down d pecking order wen it comes to freekick n p.k duties n DTS where I worry abt dt deal bcoz cr7 no fit gree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by paulolee(m): 10:16pm On Aug 14, 2021
SpruceMedia:
The envy is strong. Ronaldo never comments on other footballers and isn't in france, yet Di Maria won't let him be. Bitterness everywhere. Tueh
bitterness about Wetin?
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2021
what did you say mr Maria? Say it again.

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
paulolee:
know PSG would sell mbappe n get for free next season...
they are trying so hard to get cr7 n messi on d same team and Juve dont plan of giving him a new contract..
a team with Ramos, messi, neyma n cr7 go loud o, cr7 would be Down d pecking order wen it comes to freekick n p.k duties n DTS where I worry abt dt deal bcoz cr7 no fit gree
Ramos no go fit drag PK and free kick with them ooh.

Messi takes right sided free kick. Ronaldo & Neymar go drag from the left since 2 of them dey use right.

Wahala go dey for PK....even if Messi agree to bone PK for Ronaldo, you sure say Neymar go gree?
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by paulolee(m): 10:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Messi takes right sided free kick. Ronaldo & Neymar go drag from the left since 2 of them dey use right.

Wahala go dey for PK....even if Messi agree to bone PK for Ronaldo, you sure say Neymar go gree?
na neyma go b first choice before cr7 but if messi need am, d rest go back off
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2021
paulolee:

na neyma go b first choice before cr7 but if messi need am, d rest go back off
grin grin
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by ThierryJay: 10:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
OJEEMAH:
No need to mention you bro.....him own na play. You good right?

Sure I'm fine now.

1 Like

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by babakb: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
Messi has always been fortunate to play with world best players around him, while Ronaldo would always manage average players angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by Lamasta(m): 11:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
De Maria don start mind games even before season start...
PSG without Messi got to the final 2 seasons ago and semi final last season, now they have Messi let's see how it goes...
I just hope it won't end this way sha

2 Likes

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 12:13am On Aug 15, 2021
babakb:
Messi has always been fortunate to play with world best players around him, while Ronaldo would always manage average players angry angry angry
Average guys like Modric, Di Maria, Bale, Kroos, Rooney, Scholes, Tevez, Ferdinand, Vandarsar, Ramos, Benzema, Alonso, Vidic, Evra, Van Nistelrooy, Raul, Kaka, & Marcelo.......pls who else is average?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 12:18am On Aug 15, 2021
Lamasta:
De Maria don start mind games even before season start...
PSG without Messi got to the final 2 seasons ago and semi final last season, now they have Messi let's see how it goes...
I just hope it won't end this way sha
They've got proven winners in Ramos & Messi.........I see them winning UCL in the next 2 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by Numerouno94(m): 12:35am On Aug 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Pendu won't smell psg, kole work. I guess he wants to come to psg so Messi nd Neymar will b doin the dirty works around d pitch while he will b doin tap-in in the 18yard box.

While him go dey sleep ontop bed wit the opponent keeper Messi go dey suffa kun give am tap-in ?? Na kole work. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by Numerouno94(m): 12:37am On Aug 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Average guys like Modric, Di Maria, Bale, Kroos, Rooney, Scholes, Tevez, Ferdinand, Vandarsar, Ramos, Benzema, Alonso, Vidic, Evra, Van Nistelrooy, Raul, Kaka, & Marcelo.......pls who else is average?

Pendulum fans can lie for Africa. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by Numerouno94(m): 12:39am On Aug 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:

The guy is jux pained. His a frustrated fellow. By their comments u shall knw them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2021
Numerouno94:

That's a clear sign of hypocrisy...... If you see the epistle S/he wrote to back Salah claim about Messi but couldn't stand a light criticism from an ex Juve player about Ronaldo? Isn't that a sign of Schizophrenia??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 6:22am On Aug 15, 2021
Numerouno94:

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 6:23am On Aug 15, 2021
Numerouno94:

Pendu won't smell psg, kole work. I guess he wants to come to psg so Messi nd Neymar will b doin the dirty works around d pitch while he will b doin tap-in in the 18yard box.

While him go dey sleep ontop bed wit the opponent keeper Messi go dey suffa kun give am tap-in ?? Na kole work. grin grin grin
Hahahahahahahahaha........His lying machine & dick sucker will come for your head soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 15, 2021
babakb:
This is the reason I stopped arguing with Ronaldo fans, there's no single sense in the above statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by ojaysam25(m): 7:30am On Aug 15, 2021
Same d maria that said ronaldo is the best player and can converts even the most terrible pass to goals in 2013...
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2021
ojaysam25:
Same d maria that said ronaldo is the best player and can converts even the most terrible pass to goals in 2013...
any link to back up your claim cos to the best of my knowledge this is more like the second or third time he has said it. https://www.goal.com/en-qa/news/di-maria-ive-played-with-messi-ronaldo-ibra-rooney-leo-is/17khd2tq21g9b14efxfczuz7vk
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by SpruceMedia: 7:59am On Aug 15, 2021
Numerouno94:

LMFAO. YOU NO WELL ATALL

2 Likes

Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Ronaldo go take pk jare
If Neymar no gree, make Dem ship am commot
Re: 'Ronaldo would be dying to be here' - Di Maria says Messi deal is 'much better' by OJEEMAH(m): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2021
grin grin........You no say that guy get pride. You remember him and Cavani clash few years back?
Bigiyo:
Ronaldo go take pk jare
If Neymar no gree, make Dem ship am commot

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi Wins 2nd International Trophy In Less Than A Year / What Do You Know Abt Cricket? / Watch Champions League, Premiership and All Sports Channels Live On Your Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.