Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,506 members, 7,898,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:31 AM

Should Restitution Be Preached? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Restitution Be Preached? (6724 Views)

Should Keeping Virginity Still Be Preached Concerning Christian Marriages? / Are There Countries, Places In The World Where The Gospel Has Not Been Preached? / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Ladylawyer(f): 6:34am On Aug 16, 2021
Vision101:
@Ladylawyer
Restitution is very good but please know that certain things are better left in secret. If it will break hearts and cause more trouble, please pray to God and change your ways without having to voice out your offences especially to the offended. I have warned you.

@me
Very correct. The ordinary meaning of restitution is to bring back to the original position. Zacheaus' statement was the clearest in the new testament.

Scripturally you don't have proceeds of sin, enjoying them and you say that you have repented. If you forsake sin you must forsake it's proceeds.

In demonology (study of demons), you can't cast out demons and you still retain what they gave you. Those things will attract them back. In fact the vocal demons will challenge you openly.

Caveat: some restitutions are either impossible, unnecessary and/or should be handled with care. Counseling by an experience pastor will be required.

Example: someone was a cultist before. Killed the only child of a couple that cannot have another one. Upon repentance and being a born again, you then go to the couple to restitute.
If you say so

1 Like

Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Teymanhenry(f): 6:36am On Aug 16, 2021
God gave us brains to think. He gave us His word to read. All I know is restitution is very important and if I offend you, I'll always go back to apologize and console you beyond measures. If my conscience is clear and I didn't hurt anyone, I move on
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by IMASTEX: 7:53am On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Indeed, Jesus instead preached that all those who will be worthy of Him should loose everything for His sake. He even told us parables go tell us of how we buy the treasure treasure Heaven when we sell everything we have and give it away for His sake.

Those who belong to Jesus Christ are those who do as Jesus Christ commands - John 15 vs 14 undecided
Then act accordingly, my sermon is simple; whatever you see your father do & say do it because Christ alone should be our example not pastors or priests.
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by BetterChurch: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2021
Restitution seems to be the closest one can do to undo a karma. Karma and Reincarnation are immutable laws of God.
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by DeMonk: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What Jesus Christ taught is that we seek forgiveness from those we have offended and not that we give back that which we have taken as a way of obtaining favor from God. undecided

Bros, you sure? Can you back it with scriptures. Then I guess having cheated on your wife is to tell her about it and ask forgiveness?
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
DeMonk:

Bros, you sure? Can you back it with scriptures. Then I guess having cheated on your wife is to tell her about it and ask forgiveness?
I am not sure I follow at all. undecided

23 “So, what if you are offering your gift at the altar and remember that someone has something against you ? 24 Leave your gift there and go make peace with that person. Then come and offer your gift.

25 “If anyone wants to take you to court, make friends with them quickly. Try to do that before you get to the court. If you don’t, they might hand you over to the judge. And the judge will hand you over to a guard, who will throw you into jail. 26 I assure you that you will not leave there until you have paid everything you owe. - Matthew 5 vs 23 - 26
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Pumpumking: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lovalovaphunmz:

If truly dir will be a judgement day, all these so called men of God and deacons go get case gan sha....if na sin i talk, make God forgive me.

Hello. Please describe yor sef and type of yansh shape please. I need a knew babe please. Thanks smiley
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=Pumpumking post=105246773]

Hello. Please describe yor sef and type of yansh shape please. I need a knew babe please. Thanks smiley[/quote

Y nt type ur number here
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Pumpumking: 11:56am On Sep 02, 2021
[quote author=Lovalovaphunmz post=105413605][/quote]

hanggon sweeery. nobody ask u for story. I simply ask u for nomba.why r u chicks all ways stress person up when they ask u for nomba? Was yor nomba please hurrrrry? angry
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Lovalovaphunmz(f): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Should Restitution Be Preached? by Pumpumking: 4:50pm On Sep 02, 2021
Lovalovaphunmz:

Zero eight one zero two nine two seven six six seven. Really mean to stress you�

angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Today Devotional - Open Heaven By Pastor E.a Adeboye / Falling Under The Anointing / A Sincere Letter To All Atheists On Nairaland

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.