Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,659 members, 7,979,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 02:06 AM

Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You (426 Views)

Jesus Has Given You An Assignment / Pastor Odumeje Shows Off N4m To Be Given To Victims Of Ochanja Market Fire / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by Kei144(m): 10:46am On Aug 15, 2021
Jn. 15:7 (KJV) If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Every promise of God has some conditions attached to it. The promise we want to look at here is that we may ask whatever we wish and it will be given to us. Doesn’t it sound too good to be true? Some people will quickly say, ‘You religious nuts!’ Others will say, ‘If this promise is true, how often do Christians receive what they ask for in their prayers?’ Well, the reality is that there are conditions attached to the promise and many Christians haven’t clearly understood what the conditions really mean. What does it mean to abide in Christ? What does it mean for his words to abide in a person? Then there is this other condition in Ja. 4:3:

Ja. 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
Re: Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by Kei144(m): 10:48am On Aug 15, 2021
Abide in Christ

To abide in Christ means that you are already baptized into Jesus Christ in water and in the Spirit (Jn. 3:5), so that the issue now is whether you are persisting in that baptism.

Mk. 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptised will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Water baptism is a public testimony that you believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ. It initiates you into the Church of Jesus Christ.

Lk. 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Ac. 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples
Ac. 19:2 and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when [Or after] you believed?” They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
Ac. 19:3 So Paul asked, “Then what baptism did you receive?” “John’s baptism,” they replied.
Ac. 19:4 Paul said, “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.”
Ac. 19:5 On hearing this, they were baptised into [Or in] the name of the Lord Jesus.
Ac. 19:6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues [Or other languages] and prophesied.
Ac. 19:7 There were about twelve men in all.

Having been initiated into the Church through water baptism, there is need to pray to God for the release of the Holy Spirit into the new believer. The right thing is for the prayer for the Holy Spirit to be done right after the water baptism.

Jn. 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

When a person receives the Holy Spirit, Christ (the Anointing) abides in the person. To abide in Christ simply means to believe in Christ. We are not talking about shallow belief here, we are rather talking about Christ (the Anointing) being the basis of one’s life—depending on the anointing for everything.

Ro. 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Col. 3:2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Col. 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
Re: Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by Kei144(m): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2021
His words abide in you

Jn. 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jn. 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.

Do you want God (or divine essence) to dwell in you? Fill your mind with words of God and God is dwelling in you, for the Word is God. If the divine essence is in you, then you are a son of God.

Jn. 10:36 Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, `I am God’s Son’?
Jn. 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.
Jn. 10:38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

The only way to prove that you are a son of God is if you can do miracles. You will be able to do miracles if the Father (His words, and hence His Spirit) is in you and you are in him (you hold Him by His words).

God’s words are composed of His commandments and His promises. A son of God must obey all the commandments of God and trust in His promises for his wellbeing.

Jo. 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

A son of God should always fill his mind with both the commandments and promises of God. He should also speak them with his mouth. Jo. 1:8 says that this enables a son of God to obey the commandments of God.

Jn. 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

As a son of God speaks God’s words, the measure of the Holy Spirit in him grows. Through the Spirit, the son of God easily obeys the commandments of God and also does miracles.
Re: Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by Kei144(m): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2021
This mountain, `Move from here to there’

Mt. 17:20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, `Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Zec. 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.
Zec. 4:7 “What are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’”

Mt. 17:20 says that even if the measure of the Holy Spirit in you is as small as a mustard seed, you can do a miracle. However, Mt. 17:21 says that it will require persistence; which means commanding the mountain to move, several times, until it moves. The “several times” could mean commanding the mountain for a couple of days. How long to endure in persistence depends on the measure of the Holy Spirit in you. For some measures of the Holy Spirit, just one command to the mountain moves it. That is the reason why every son of God needs to build up the measure of the Spirit in him by continually speaking God’s commandments and promises.

What is that mountain that is confronting the son of God? Is it terminal sickness in a man or a woman? Is it dangerous addiction in one person or the other? Is it one sin or the other in the life of a Christian? Is it lack (poverty)? The son of God should wash his heart with the blood of Jesus and then hold on to God’s promises and command the mountain to go away.
Re: Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by Kei144(m): 10:53am On Aug 15, 2021
The two trees in the middle of the Garden of God

Ge. 2:8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
Ge. 2:9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground — trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

The two trees in the middle of the Garden of God were God Himself and Satan (the serpent). The fruits that they produce are words. The words of God give life (Jn. 1:4, 6:63). The words of Satan kill. Adam and Eve made the mistake of feeding on the words of Satan and sin entered into them. The measure of the Holy Spirit in their souls decreased drastically so that their souls could no longer inhabit the glorious (spiritual) bodies with which God had clothed them, so the bodies dissolved. Their souls became bodiless or naked. By reason of the measure of the Spirit still in them, Adam and Eve were able to clothe their souls with plant matter (Ge. 3:8—their souls hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden).

Ge. 3:7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized that they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Ge. 3:8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden.

Ge. 3:21 The LORD God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.

God later clothed the souls of mankind with animal bodies, which is what we still have today.
Re: Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by Kei144(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2021
Towards the Rapture

2Co. 5:1 Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands.
2Co. 5:2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling,
2Co. 5:3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked.
2Co. 5:4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.

With this new knowledge about how to increase the measure of the Holy Spirit through speaking God’s commandments and promises, I think that Jesus Christ may have opened the first seal of Revelation 6. As the seals are being opened, secrets of the kingdom of God will be released to the sons of God. As the sons of God apply the revealed secrets to their lives, the measure of the Holy Spirit in them grows. By the time the seventh seal is opened, the sons of God will be able to rise to a measure of the Spirit that transforms their mortal bodies to glorious spiritual bodies. Resurrection! This will be followed by the rapture.
Re: Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by BirtherOfKings(f): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2021
grin cool cool cool wink wink wink plenty epistle
It is well...the Lord is my shepherd I shall not want, if u don't want to want for anything..make our Lord Jesus Christ your Shepard..watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAqO5liQ2Hc
Re: Ask Whatever You Wish And It Will Be Given You by Kei144(m): 5:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
Surely, I need 1000 euro to pay off my taxes and not lose what i have ,praying for a long time but seems God is ZZZ

Surely, your tax payment is a mountain or Goliath that is confronting you. In order to kill the Goliath confronting him, David went down to the stream and selected five smooth pieces of rock. Incidentally, only one of the pieces of rock did the work of felling Goliath. In the same way, you should go down to the stream (Bible) and select some promises of God that can slay the tax payment problem. For example:

Ps. 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Ps. 34:9 Fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.
Ps. 34:10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

2Pe. 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

Zec. 4:6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the LORD Almighty.
Zec. 4:7 “What [Or Who] are you, O mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’”

I give you praise, the Most High God, for you are good. Father God, those who seek you lack no good thing. By your grace O God, I seek you earnestly. I shall not lack money to pay off my taxes. Thank you glorious Father, for your divine power is able to give me the money that I need to pay off my taxes. In the name of Jesus Christ, let the Holy Spirit connect me with opportunity to receive money and pay off my taxes, before I lose what I have. Thank you holy Father for I know that you have heard me. Thank you for saving me from tax payment problem. In the name of Jesus Christ.

https://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message4880680/pg1#89148488

(1) (Reply)

What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) / The Greatest Sin / God Is Still Performing Wonders....adegoke Got His Sense Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.