Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:43 PM

Interfaith Marraige - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interfaith Marraige (1019 Views)

Interfaith Cooperation: A Call For Peace / Interfaith And Peaceful Coexistence From An Islamic Point Of View / Interfaith Marriages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interfaith Marraige by ameenah(f): 5:36pm On May 18, 2011
I need to ask a question, I recently heard that if a Muslim girl marries a Christain man, they cannot have a Nikkah ceremony, how true is this? What kind of religious marraige can they have then because every union surely needs to be blessed by God.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by tpia5: 10:10pm On May 18, 2011
Look, yall cant eat your cake and have it.

If you're bent on marrying outside your faith, then please stop hounding people for not doing this or that.

If you feel your religion is important to you, then date and marry people who share your faith.

This is a general post not directed at the op alone.

Someone calling himself jesus was also making noise in the muslim section, wanting people to pat him on the back for his attempts to pounce on a muslim lady.

You people shouldnt start running mouths anyhow just because osama is gone.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by tpia5: 10:12pm On May 18, 2011
At the very least, there's a religion called chrislam where everybody is both christian and muslim.

Join them.

@ all idle enquirers.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by Sweetnecta: 11:04pm On May 18, 2011
@ameenah; ma daa anti tpia@ lowun.

however, she is right. Allah says in the Quran that the parents should not give their daughters in marriage to mushrikuun.

christianity is a form of mushrik.

there is Islam and there are others. these are the two camps.

what do you want with a husband who is not a muslim, anyway?

imagine at night you see him with his cross dangling on his neck. is that what will lead you to sirat mustaquiim?

even me a male will not wat to wake up to a wife with cross on her neck staring at me.

there are muslim men abound, depending on where you are. there is no reason for a muslim woman to marry non muslim man.

it is more noble that she marries a muslim man even if she has to be wife number 4, because the greatest reason to marry is religion, wile beauty, fame and family are distant in requisites to deen.

a christian is an enemy of Muhammad [as] the messenger of Allah. a christian is an enemy of Allah Who they say he is one of three in their trinity.

a christian is an enemy to muslim because his intention in your case is to turn you away from Islam. he will prefer that he leads you by the noose
to disbelief, raising disbelieving children. i told a christian woman last year that a muslim woman has right over me to be my wife than she will ever be as long as she is not a muslim.

waa oko tie si ibi ti o ye. location please? maybe i may have a nupe in california for you.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by tpia5: 11:08pm On May 18, 2011
The point is these people should stop harassing others unnecessarily.

Do what you want to do and find others of like mind instead of disturbing everybody.

Its not like someone is forcing you into the union?

Imagine someone now worrying there wont be nikkah.

If nikkah is important to you then either convert the fellow or marry within your faith.
Or convert to his own.

Once again, my post is general and not meant to be taken personally.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by ameenah(f): 9:41am On May 19, 2011
@Sweetnecta Thanks for your insightful comment, I was just curious to know because it was something I recently heard smiley
Re: Interfaith Marraige by GODSON2009(m): 7:26pm On May 19, 2011
so your allah says christians are not worth getting married to?im sorry but that allah must be ashamed of himself for religious discrimination,if the couple really want to get married and like each other enough then the religion the wedding which is just a single day should not be an impediment.
a friend of mine her dad is an alhaji and her mum is a born again deeper life right from before they got married and both have given their children the freedom to choose.
the true practise of religion is a wa of life,not a label
Re: Interfaith Marraige by Sweetnecta: 11:59pm On May 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ but you forgot that your biblical say in many verses, both old and new testaments that the believes [christians in this case] should not marry or even be as simple as 'being unyoked' with disbeliever [disbeliever in this case are people like muslims, non christians] who in the book of titus is called 'infidel'.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by divinereal: 1:16am On May 20, 2011
Another reason to trash these middle eastern religious doctrines. We are all human beings first before we are xtians, muslims, hindu, atheists or pagans. See how divisive they are? Please marry who you want to marry, thank goodness for secular courts.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by tpia5: 2:25am On May 20, 2011
Divinereal

kindly reread the original post properly before talking anyhow.

The poster is worried about the marriage not being blessed by God if nikkah isnt performed.

Try to digest that instead of being quick to trot out worn comments which have been posted millions of times.

No need for a crusade, thanks.
Re: Interfaith Marraige by tpia5: 2:28am On May 20, 2011
@ godson2009

i find it very hard to believe a deeper lifer knowingly married an alhaji or even  an outright muslim when strict deeper lifers have problems even marrying other denominations.

At least back in the day.

Did the lady involved join deeper after marriage?
Re: Interfaith Marraige by MyJoe: 10:21am On May 20, 2011
tpia@:

Look, yall cant eat your cake and have it.

If you're bent on marrying outside your faith, then please stop hounding people for not doing this or that.

If you feel your religion is important to you, then date and marry people who share your faith.

This is a general post not directed at the op alone.

Someone calling himself jesus was also making noise in the muslim section, wanting people to pat him on the back for his attempts to pounce on a muslim lady.

You people shouldnt start running mouths anyhow just because osama is gone.

grin grin grin

tpia@:

Divinereal

kindly reread the original post properly before talking anyhow.

The poster is worried about the marriage not being blessed by God if nikkah isnt performed.

Try to digest that instead of being quick to trot out worn comments which have been posted millions of times.

No need for a crusade, thanks.
You know, this lady is fast becoming one of my fav posters on this forum!
Re: Interfaith Marraige by GODSON2009(m): 9:12pm On May 20, 2011
tpia@:

@ godson2009

i find it very hard to believe a deeper lifer knowingly married an alhaji or even an outright muslim when strict deeper lifers have problems even marrying other denominations.

At least back in the day.

Did the lady involved join deeper after marriage?
while i wholeheartedly agree with you,cause i found it hard to believe when she told me at first aswell but one thing that was obvious between them is that they loved each other even till now the essence of my preamble real undalterated love will always triumph over any obstacle and deeper life isnt like it used to be o,i know some deeper life churches here in uk that their fashion sense is a slight departure from the trad deeper life dressing
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ but you forgot that your biblical say in many verses, both old and new testaments that the believes [christians in this case] should not marry or even be as simple as 'being unyoked' with disbeliever [disbeliever in this case are people like muslims, non christians] who in the book of titus is called 'infidel'.
the bible was making reference to unbelievers strictly as sinners,there is nowhere the bible said dont marry muslims or hindus etc
your mohammad on the other hand enjoins you not to have anything to do with jews christians either they are holy or not the idea of infidel in the book of titus you have quoted is sinners people who are evil which has nothing to do with their religious persuations unlike islam

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Moves To Ban, Criminalize G.ay ( H.omosex.ual ) Marriage - Hurrah / The Legacy Of Evil / Are Atheists Cowards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.