Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,405 members, 7,911,005 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:34 PM

Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. (676 Views)

How To Maintain Clean Shoes On The Go: A Guide For Travellers / Jos Residents Lament As Weather Drops To 9°C (Photos) / A Moving Bus Goes Up In Flames In Jos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. by Kdon2: 8:18pm On Aug 15, 2021
The President Muhammadu Buhari administration has suggested that Saturday’s attack on Muslim travellers who were returning from a religious event in Bauchi, was likely carried out by Christians in what could be a retaliation for clashes in parts of the Plateau State.

Speaking in a statement by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, on Saturday in Abuja, Buhari who expressed regret for the reported deaths of at least 22 persons with several others injured as a result of the attacks, said the attack was provocative and unwarranted no matter the justification.

Shehu said: “It is widely known that Plateau State has been one of the states affected by herder-farmer clashes, which have, in a significant way, been curtailed following the intense peace-building efforts of the administration of Governor Simon Lalong.

“However, to be clear, this is not an agriculturalist-on-pastoralist confrontation – but rather a direct, brazen and wickedly motivated attack on members of a community exercising their rights to travel freely and to follow the faith of their choosing.

“With the evident preparedness of their attackers, it is clear this was a well-conceived and prearranged assault on a known target, location and religious persuasion of the travellers not an opportunist ambush.

“These kinds of attacks on our country’s citizens are unacceptable, heinous, and stand in complete contradiction to the teachings of the great religions of our nation.

“The Presidency stands steadfast with both Christians and Muslims at this time in condemnation of this latest attack and expects and insists that justice is swiftly but fairly delivered to the perpetrators.’’

Shehu also quoted President Buhari as saying: “Make no mistake about it: in line with my commitment to protect all Nigerians, I have ordered our security agencies to fish out the perpetrators of this gruesome massacre of innocent travellers and bring them to justice.

Culled from TheParadise.ng
Re: Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. by illicit(m): 8:29pm On Aug 15, 2021
grin
Re: Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. by Afamsi: 8:36pm On Aug 15, 2021
Plateau people have learnt to speak 'fulfulde' and sure the fulanis are understanding.

1 Like

Re: Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. by doctorexcel: 8:44pm On Aug 15, 2021
"Aja mo omo ti e fun lomu sugbon o mo ti odo oya d'ehin mo"
Re: Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. by nairalander2020(m): 8:45pm On Aug 15, 2021
Afamsi:
Plateau people have learnt to speak 'fulfulde' and sure the fulanis are understanding.
i guess it should be a national language nw grin
Re: Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. by Afamsi: 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2021
nairalander2020:
i guess it should be a national language nw grin
sure
Re: Christians Responsible For Travellers Killing In Jos. by Machinegun91(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2021
I wish them deaths in millions

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Is A Product Of Injustice–ohanaeze Ndigbo / Speedaf Express Delivery Rates / Can U Plz Help Me Coz I'm New Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.