Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,775 members, 7,938,348 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:52 PM

Nigerian House New York - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian House New York (1344 Views)

Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / The Nigerian House In The Uk Is Despicable ! / Congratulations To Arik Air On Completing First Lagos To New York (jfk) Flight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian House New York by pslm23(f): 7:35pm On May 18, 2011
Here's my experience.

Got there by 9am, was checked in (security guys in the lobby don't smile or return greetings,  na wa oh). I was asked to go wait in the waiting room till 10 am. What a shock. The waiting room needs to be aired out and the walls re-painted. They had exposed wiring everywhere (fire hazard in the making).

Anyway, by 10.10 or 10.15 am, the 2 female employees walk in and start settling down for work. One of them made an announcement asking everybody there to make sure they arrange their documents in proper order with the proof of payment as the first page.
I noticed that a lot of Nigerian in this country are not entirely helpful to other Nigerians.  We all had to take a number as soon as we walked into the waiting room but there were other people that came in and sat down without knowing that they had to pick a number. i found myself telling a few of them to go get a number and noticed that no other person was volunteering this information. We all should be helpful to each other especially in foreign countries like this.

Bottom-line, I was in and out of the Embassy in about 2 and a half hours.
I was told that I needed to bring a self addressed envelope that would be used to mail my passport back to me. That didn't happen. the Embassy personnel told me they don't mail passports to New Jersey and if I had a friend, living in NY, i could send them to pick it up. I don't have any family or friends in NY so i have to make another 2 hour trip back to NY. It is annoying.
Re: Nigerian House New York by oyewolejos(m): 9:30pm On May 18, 2011
pslm23:

Here's my experience.

Got there by 9am, was checked in (security guys in the lobby don't smile or return greetings,  na wa oh). I was asked to go wait in the waiting room till 10 am. What a shock. T[b]he waiting room needs to be aired out and the walls re-painted. They had exposed wiring everywhere (fire hazard in the making).[/b]

Anyway, by 10.10 or 10.15 am, the 2 female employees walk in and start settling down for work. One of them made an announcement asking everybody there to make sure they arrange their documents in proper order with the proof of payment as the first page.
I noticed that a lot of Nigerian in this country are not entirely helpful to other Nigerians.  We all had to take a number as soon as we walked into the waiting room but there were other people that came in and sat down without knowing that they had to pick a number. i found myself telling a few of them to go get a number and noticed that no other person was volunteering this information. We all should be helpful to each other especially in foreign countries like this.

Bottom-line, I was in and out of the Embassy in about 2 and a half hours.
I was told that I needed to bring a self addressed envelope that would be used to mail my passport back to me. That didn't happen. the Embassy personnel told me they don't mail passports to New Jersey and if I had a friend, living in NY, i could send them to pick it up. I don't have any family or friends in NY so i have to make another 2 hour trip back to NY. It is annoying.

Welcome to the Federal Republic of Nigeria grin grin grin grin
Good People, Bad Leaders

1 Like

Re: Nigerian House New York by iice(f): 5:10am On May 19, 2011
oyewolejos:

Welcome to the Federal Republic of Nigeria grin grin grin grin
Good People, Bad Leaders

Are the bad leaders a breed apart? Born already as leaders? They come from the so called good people.

@Topic
No be today. The unhelpful attitude or whatever attitude doesn't change when they get the position in higher places. Only to worsen with more power/authority.

(1) (Reply)

Us Visiting Visa - Summer School / URGENT- Processing Norway Group Visa / Photos: Scene from an armed robbery induced crash along Akure-Ilesa road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.