Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,831 members, 7,918,668 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:47 PM

Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking (517 Views)

Does My Female Neighbor Has The Rights To Be Angry Cos I Brought A Girl Home? / Share Your Poverty Story- Grass To Grace / Why Are Men Always complaining About women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by omgvoices: 8:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nigerian pastor, David Ibiyeomie has sparked controversy on social media after saying: “When you hear a man say that my wife does not know how to cook, he is yet to understand love.

“Let me be very raw with you; hire somebody to teach her and it is not even compulsory that she cooks for you, can’t you get a chef? It is your poverty that is disturbing you.”

“I told my wife to stop cooking. I told her that God has blessed me to a point that you will never enter the kitchen.

“Where did you hear that a woman must cook till she dies. Just be angry with your poverty. You employ a chef. If you can’t afford that yet, work around teaching her and stop spreading her weakness all around. No one is perfect.”

Check his face out; https://esiama.com/be-angry-with-your-poverty-instead-of-complaining-about-your-wifes-poor-cooking-skills-pastor/
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by Aammee77: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2021
This MOG can talk carelessly at times
"Pastor Quality offering"

2 Likes

Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by Spicylate(f): 9:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
Toh...to each his own.
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by aycapri(m): 9:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
Hmm,
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by goodmorning40: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Making sense
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2021
Aammee77:

What he said is on point... I don't buy the idea of men making some condescending comments about their wife simply because she can't cook..
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by immortalcrown(m): 1:24am On Aug 17, 2021
Hiring a chef because you are rich is different from hiring a chef because you and your wife are bad cooks. And the two do not have same consequences.

I pity men and women that will be deceived by this pastor. How many teachers do husbands employ to teach wives new hairstyles, tying Gele and making Tiktok videos? How many teachers taught them feminism and giving head? Majority of women just have misplaced priorities. Why can't they learn how to cook from videos? Were they not the ones that first discovered Chioma's kitchen show and the one by Mercy Johnson? What then is the value they get from fanning and hyping celebrities that do kitchen shows?

The time they invest in Zeeworld and discovering bonestraight, let them use the time to learn how to cook. My only duty to my wife, regarding her being a good cook, is to honestly let her know whether she is a good cook or not. And I will do it in a respectful or romantic manner. But getting her a teacher? No. I will only get her a teacher for some dishes that are not commonly made in average homes. As for normal meals commonly prepared in homes, she doesn't need a paid teacher. Her mother or sister or my own mother or sister should assist her. I myself can as well teach her. Employing a teacher is purely a promotion of moral decadence.

Okay nah. Girls, do not learn how to cook. Wait for loving and romantic men to marry you and employ teachers to teach you how to cook. You think all men are products of Ibiyeomie.

3 Likes

Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 17, 2021
The Pastor didn't say your wife shouldn't cook at all. He only said you shouldn't allow her to cook till she dies. So, she can continue to cook till you're able to afford paying a cook or maid. wink

Besides, only a wicked man would be happy seeing the wife (his best half) going through unnecessary stress.

1 Like

Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by Michelle55: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
Thank you pastor cry at least those of us that can't cook will have the opportunity of employing a cook to help us out smiley

Me likeey! kiss
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by blinking001(m): 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Follow Nigerian men of God (god of men) at your own peril
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by prophetfire: 3:18pm On Aug 17, 2021
Aammee77:
. The man is just childish.
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by Godada(m): 4:52pm On Aug 17, 2021
embarassed

The first time I heard these words was from Mike Murdock, some twenty odd years back, you naysayers can well check him out. A wise man at that.

Loving a woman and marrying her in the African context is unfair to the womanfolk. Yeah. She is mainly an unsung hero in the house.

She is first and foremost, one that nurtures the foetus from the womb, straight to the cradle down to the kitchen....

She is a super hero. Her job description is rather too much in the African context. She must be a good cook, she must be a working class lady, a class teacher, a motivator, friend, sister, plays the role of the absentee father, a diplomat, a lover and to top it all, she must be a slut to her husband or the husband get his piece of action elsewhere.

But the primary reason for falling in love in its most unadulterated form is simply companionship. Nothing more nothing else. She is supposed to look sweet for you alone. That's why you wanted her in the first place not to transform her to an old woman

If you need to do laundry get a wash man, so also when you need food, get a cook. I knew a family where the woman never entered kitchen. Believe me, today she is 90+.

Rather than insult, the messenger, critically study the message.

Our body is actually like a car. If you drive it roughly, you ain't getting another. So don't abuse it. Don't abuse your wife with excess child bearing looking for male child, don't put her through undue stress doing so many chores.

Help her to last.

My dear male folks. While taking care of your families, find time to pamper yourself......e get why and this life too short

To the so called redpillers............I laugh in derision

1 Like

Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 18, 2021
A woman that cannot cook is just another bobrisky... total waste. Marriage is not all fun and games. We have our parts to play. Same way a man must provide it's same way she must be able to handle the cooking. There are other chores a house help can handle to ease her workload when necessary. Woman when nor sabi cook na disgrace. All these pastors encouraging bs
Re: Be Angry With Your Poverty Instead Of Complaining About Your Wife’s Poor Cooking by uthlaw: 7:11am On Aug 18, 2021
when you hired a maid that can Cook more than your wife, believe me,you go de Bleep her pass ur wife!

(1) (Reply)

The Notion of a Lady proposing to a Guy / I Need Help Sex Drive! Self Control! / Pls What Can Cute This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.