Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:32 AM

I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President (878 Views)

Russian & U.S Troops Are Now Sharing The Same Base In Niger (Photos) / Russia's "Dead Hand" Nuclear Trigger Can Wipe Out U.S, Europe In A Strike (Pix) / Russia Is Not Withdrawing From Ukraine But Building Up Troops - US, NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by abc115: 9:30pm On Aug 16, 2021
President Biden addressed the nation on the U.S. pullout of Afghanistan and said he “stands squarely” behind his decision to pull out U.S. troops.

Said Biden: “Our mission in Afghanistan was never supposed to be nation-building. Our mission was preventing a terrorist attack on the United States.”

He added: “The truth is that this did unfold more quickly than we anticipated. So what happened? Afghan political leaders gave up and fled the country.”

Biden also said that after 20 years of war, he learned there was never a good time to withdraw forces.

https://politicalwire.com/2021/08/16/biden-addresses-the-nation-on-afghanistan/

1 Like

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by Teadavid23(m): 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2021
Eweeh
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by BigRocky: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2021
80% of Afghanistan's are terrorist sympathyzers ..

I only pity for the woman and girls over there.

2 Likes

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by Kandeed: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2021
I still can't understand why lotta folks on here are calling America loosers cuz they decide to pull out and stopped helping the Afghans. I mean Afghanistan is a sovereign country and should be able to cater for themselves having a troop of over 300k without American interference. I remembered when some Afghan top politicians were accusing the US of illegally staying in Afghanistan and telling them to respect Afghanistan sovereignty and leave. Now they're leaving and suddenly mouth is changing??

Well another issue here is, since most people are saying US are not strong militarily to contain Talibans, can we have Russia or China take over from where the US stooped?? atleast this is the best time to show the world how powerful they've portrayed themselves to be with regular military features and might shows as seen weeks ago

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by Karlman: 9:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Why even bother with these Muslims nations?

They should be left to live in whatever stone age they choose.

Just watch them destroy themselves from a distance.

And if they tryna bomb your city then just nuke them out of the map...so the rest of humanity can live in permanent peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by ojun50(m): 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2021
Biden just sell him second re election
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by FreeStuffsNG: 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2021
ojun50:
America spent $1 Trillion of taxpayers money to fight an endless war that transited to building another country and you don't think Americans will love the idea of putting a stoppage on such drain on them?
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by festacman(m): 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
Of course
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by abc115: 9:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

America spent $1 Trillion of taxpayers money to build another country and you don't think Americans will love the idea of putting a stoppage on such drain on them?
Plus 2000+ lives were lost

1 Like

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by mountmoriah(m): 9:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
ojun50:
he is right, they went their because of Osama Bin Laden, if Osama bin laden was not hiding in Afghanistan their is nothing americans troops are going there to do, and they got Osama, they need to back out of Afghanistan, if can't Afghans take care of themselves after 20 years of accountable billions of loses in dollars, plus humans and properties looses, then their nothing anyone can do to help them.

1 Like

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by FarahAideed: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
I was surprised to hear that Afghanistan had a 300 thousand strong military ..they didn't even put up any resistance..

1 Like

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by Throwback: 9:50pm On Aug 16, 2021
The people of Afghanistan are certainly worse than Nigerians when it come to running when being chased. Rather than turn back at the wall and stand their ground, they would rather break through the wall and continue the escape.

The President fled, the people want to flee, so who then was populating the ranks of Islamits whose religious dictatorship is so terrifying?

1 Like

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by Kandeed: 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2021
FarahAideed:
I was surprised to hear that Afghanistan had a 300 thousand strong military ..they didn't even put up any resistance..

Exactly. but US should be the ones to continue staying, loosing more innocent men and billions of dollars for a country not even in their continent or bordering States. like who wouldn't get tired of a student that ur trying to make better but isn't putting his best into getting better?? left to me the US should be saluted for keeping the country together the best they could for the past 2 decades

1 Like

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by abc115: 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2021
A child born twenty years ago, is a graduate feeding himself...Talibans and Afghanistan people are the same. That was the reason Afghan army refused to fight their brothers.

Biden took the right decision....it may not be popular...it doesn't need to be popular because that is the Hallmark of a great Leader.
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by rayvelez(m): 10:12pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nice one Mr Biden let the musilm nation continue killing themselves atleast thr prophet Mohammed support jihad.

1 Like

Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:19pm On Aug 16, 2021
last last name the women go suffer pass ENJOY YOUR ALLAH AKBAR
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by Aboks(m): 10:25pm On Aug 16, 2021
rayvelez:
Nice one Mr Biden let the musilm nation continue killing themselves atleast thr prophet Mohammed support jihad.

na so
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by criuze(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Oga make Biden made solid sense here

Afterall american is trying to protect herself against terrorism not colonialism

But my sincere question is whats the assurance of of terror importations inside the States
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by b3llo(m): 12:58am On Aug 17, 2021
Always be delibrate in your actions and damn the consequences.
Re: I “Stand Squarely” Behind My Decision To Pull Out U.S. Troops- US President by obonujoker(m): 1:23am On Aug 17, 2021
Great Sir.... America helped the country a lot, and now its time to back out... 1 trillion is not beans

(1) (Reply)

Russian FM Lavrov Says Time For US To Remove Nuclear Weapons From Europe / Celebrations As Ukraine Retakes Kherson After ‘chaotic’ Mass Russian Retreat / Vladimir Solovyov Proposes Firing Nuclear Weapons At France, England & Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.