Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,104 members, 7,890,666 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:55 PM

Between"how Was Your Day" And "How Is The Day" Which Is Correct - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Between"how Was Your Day" And "How Is The Day" Which Is Correct (416 Views)

I Lost My Mum Xmas Day And My Dad Yesterday / 6 Things You Can Do To Ensure Your Day Is Productive / Golden Opportunity !work Online For 10 Minutes A Day And Earn More Than 50k N ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between"how Was Your Day" And "How Is The Day" Which Is Correct by UBAHA(m): 11:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
The great people of Nairaland I greet you all

There is one possible major grammar abnormality that I've contemplating about of late. It's about the difference between "How was your day," and "How is the day".

According to the dictionary: Day is a period of 24 hours beginning at midnight : one of the seven time periods that make up a week;

or

The part of the day when people are usuallly most active and when most businesses are open.

These two definition defines that the word "Day" is not possessive. Yet how come that almost all the professors (including the ones in English), Students (Including the first class sets), and others beyond the scope of the examples I gave like attributing the word "my" to a day rather than the day. Are we the creator of the day, is it buyable, do we own it because I don't just understand.

Am I overthinking or correct, let's hear your contributions on the topic

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Your Authentic Trade Test Certificate. / I Need Advice On Getting A Good POS Machine For Agent Banking / Need Urgent Job ? Apply Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.