Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,409 members, 7,911,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:52 PM

No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! (27098 Views)

Houses Built On Drainage Channel In Lekki (Video) / Is It Right For My Landlord To Break Into My Room And Throw Out My Belongings? / How Do I Approach My Landlord To Withdraw The Increment In Rent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by tellwisdom: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
Bros, try de back your grievance with picture so we go follow vex for am too.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by dasauce(m): 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2021
cheesy
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by EndBuhariNow(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
You can't win case against ur landlord, you people should do compound general meeting , to dig new soakaway is not up to 120k... since he can't do it make unah do it and minus it from house rent... or better still park out... no say I no tell you

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Disckboy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Go to the appropriate authority

Meanwhile

Be that Machine man. Make her SCREAM at the top of her voice and SQUEEZE the bed POWERFULLY. Make it Bigger, Thicker and Longer within 2 weeks assurance. You are just a PHONE Call away to your permanent solution.
(Quote) (Share)
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by chloride6: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Does the house not belong to him?

How can he be destroying his house?
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by ccffwx: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2021
Save your life first. Move out that house and tell the others to move out too. You can always contact the government while still alive.

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
I know the landlord must be an "Accomodator"...

They are very wicked! grin
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by ignis: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2021
Tenant dey report landlord... imagine.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by UDUJ(m): 2:56pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:
Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Pls how can I report him to the Lagos State government? To avoid building collapse. To compel him to do it because of the safety of my life.

Pls help. Thanks. 

Please this is Nigeria. I am concerned about your safety. Nigerians can be very deadly once it comes to property issues.

If you know you can safely make the complaint without anyone finding out it was you then go ahead and make the complaint. Otherwise if you have some extra money just look for a safer accommodation elsewhere.

P.S - Unless you can make the complaint anonymously because I have heard of cases where the state agency actually revealed the identity of the complainant after money exchanged hands. Please be careful.

2 Likes

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Tgrey(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:
Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Location is Ikotun.

I'm just tired of wicked Lagos landlords.

I paid close to N200,000 for the house, but later discovered that all the water used in bathing in the bathroom does not flow out, no drainage. The water is being soaked by the wall. The walls are soaked. My properties are spoiling already because of the too much dampness of the walls and floor. 

He promised to do it but he will never do it, because I discovered that's his usual style, to collect money and disappear. All the tenants are tired of his wickedness. 

The dangerous thing here is that the whole house is a duplex and it's upstairs (decking) with many flats upstairs but I stay downstairs, so it's very very dangerous for me because of the walls in my room soaking water continuously, which can collapse anytime. All the bath water and washing water goes to the foundation of the building. No draining. It's a very risky place I'm staying and with likelihood of collapse any moment. 

Not only that, the outstanding NEPA bill I later discovered for the whole house is currently over N200,000. He refused to sort it out and we have been paying for the old bill which we never used, yet our light would trip off within 3 days even after paying a lot of money, up to 15k or 20k at times, because of the outstanding bill. 

For the drainage, which is my major concern, he kept delaying and giving excuses and promises for the past four months I packed in, but when he ran out of lies, he just told me yesterday on the phone that he will never do the drainage. And during inspection, this kind of thing is not possible to detect it because it's not possible for you to bath and see whether water is flowing through the drainage during house inspection. 

He even boasted that he will never do it and that I should do my worst. Very wicked and irresponsible old man. 

Pls how can I report him to the Lagos State government? To avoid building collapse. To compel him to do it because of the safety of my life.

Pls help. Thanks. 

Start from ikotun/igando local government.

So many demonic landlord in that area.

Bro just find money and relocate
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by smartasuen(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

I paid close to N200,000 for the house, but later discovered that all the water used in bathing in the bathroom does not flow out, no drainage. The water is being soaked by the wall. The walls are soaked. My properties are spoiling already because of the too much dampness of the walls and floor. 

He promised to do it but he will never do it, because I discovered that's his usual style, to collect money and disappear. All the tenants are tired of his wickedness. 

The dangerous thing here is that the whole house is a duplex and it's upstairs (decking) with many flats upstairs but I stay downstairs, so it's very very dangerous for me because of the walls in my room soaking water continuously, which can collapse anytime. All the bath water and washing water goes to the foundation of the building. No draining. It's a very risky place I'm staying and with likelihood of collapse any moment. 

Not only that, the outstanding NEPA bill I later discovered for the whole house is currently over N200,000. He refused to sort it out and we have been paying for the old bill which we never used, yet our light would trip off within 3 days even after paying a lot of money, up to 15k or 20k at times, because of the outstanding bill. 

For the drainage, which is my major concern, he kept delaying and giving excuses and promises for the past four months I packed in, but when he ran out of lies, he just told me yesterday on the phone that he will never do the drainage. And during inspection, this kind of thing is not possible to detect it because it's not possible for you to bath and see whether water is flowing through the drainage during house inspection. 

He even boasted that he will never do it and that I should do my worst. Very wicked and irresponsible old man. 

Pls help. Thanks. 

*Singing*

Prayer is the key, prayer is the key, prayer is the master key, Jesus started with prayer and continues in praying, Prayer..............

Take it to the Lord in prayer, it's the ultimate thing to do!
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by alizma: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
This Landlord don use style enter wahala, anything that enter nairaland dey get attention. This I have seen

4 Likes

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Authoreety: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
Save yourself the headache, look for another accommodation
And allow another suffer the same fate?
Guy how u Wan take make heaven?

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:58pm On Aug 17, 2021
A sorry situation...
Landlord think say em dey do you but na em sef.. em dey do.. when the house collapses .. then I go see where em go dey get rent money from..
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Nastydroid(m): 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
This is crazy
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Paulviktor: 3:00pm On Aug 17, 2021
Disckboy:
which one be this again cheesy cheesy

NA Sunday igboho food..lol

1 Like

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by aikyg(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2021
Why not just pack out? It's a better option for you. Your rent is just two hundred thousand naira. I once paid 1.1 million naira and had the same problem. I had to leave. It's a painful option, but you'll have peace and avoid unnecessary bad blood.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Gwizatasie: 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....

With the two comments above I can say your problem is solved...especially that of the first comment

But that doesn't mean you should not be careful when contacting the details of that first comment
Because if you loose guard again those people fit still maga you just like the landlord
G.boy wey legit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by AmazingELixir: 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
grin grin grin

As you're reporting make sure you're looking for new accommodation...because it is either your landlord kee you with juju or make your life Afghanistanic.

Afonja wey like juju like another man wife puna...Op even get luck say nobi Alahaja be him landlady those ones worse pass.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Pumpumking: 3:05pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks. 

bro juss find him babe.... half cast or lightskin and truss me....he will fix it tommorrow!!!

Beebah2000 is free sir...u want??
smiley
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by fowlyansh181(m): 3:06pm On Aug 17, 2021
aikyg:
Why not just pack out? It's a better option for you. Your rent is just two hundred thousand naira. I once paid 1.1 million naira and had the same problem. I had to leave. It's a painful option, but you'll have peace and avoid unnecessary bad blood.
avoid unnecessary bad blood, make peace, na why nigeria Dey as e still Dey.. avoiding troubles means another victim will get into that trouble.. this isn’t a solution but just a procrastination.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by weighanchor: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Lagos landlord are selfish
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by ipobarethieves: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
angry U nor checked the house/surrounding b4 u pay sad? The soaking is probably from underground/foundation (Any bricklayer here sad?).Well,u can write/ go to Ministry of Environment.But be ready to move out from the house sha especially if it landlord is a diabolical/spiritual sad.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Hushmoni: 3:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Go and buy a land with that your money and pack out. I trust my landlords. You go even beg to carry only your cloths when the time comes grin
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by McOluOmo: 3:08pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks. 
leave the house

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by asapants: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
You can fix it, call your co-tenants together and fix it together contributing money make sure you collect receipt and remove it from your rent on next payment, if he threaten you take him to court, YORUBA LANDLORDS FEAR ANYTHING COURT.
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks.
You must be a comedian...where do you think you are.........London?

This is Nigeria where you report to police and govt and they end up taxing you and streessing you more only to achieve nothing. My advice to you is put it down to experience, do due dilligence before you rent your next flat. There is no consumer protection in Nigeria, any consumer protection agency that exists is on paper alone to provide jobs for party faithful and to siphon funds
Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by ENEMYOFGOD6: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: No Drainage: How Can I Report My Landlord To Lagos State Government? Pls Help! by Ernestforyou: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2021
What business can you invest 2m in Lagos Nigeria and make a profit of at least 20k per day ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With A Landlord In Ibadan / My Hostile Neighbor / How Much Was In Your Account When You Started Your Building Project?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.