Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,480 members, 7,901,346 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 08:49 AM

Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. (1937 Views)

Should I Report A Cheating Husband To His Wife? / I Want To Report My Mum To Human Rights For Child Abuse / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Sill001(m): 8:28am On Aug 17, 2021
Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Location is Ikotun.

I'm just tired of wicked Lagos landlords.

I paid close to N200,000 for the house, but later discovered that all the water used in bathing in the bathroom does not flow out, no drainage. The water is being soaked by the wall. The walls are soaked. My properties are spoiling already because of the too much dampness of the walls and floor. 

He promised to do it but he will never do it, because I discovered that's his usual style, to collect money and disappear. All the tenants are tired of his wickedness. 

The dangerous thing here is that the whole house is a duplex and it's upstairs (decking) with many flats upstairs but I stay downstairs, so it's very very dangerous for me because of the walls in my room soaking water continuously, which can collapse anytime. All the bath water and washing water goes to the foundation of the building. No draining. It's a very risky place I'm staying and with likelihood of collapse any moment. 

Not only that, the outstanding NEPA bill I later discovered for the whole house is currently over N200,000. He refused to sort it out and we have been paying for the old bill which we never used, yet our light would trip off within 3 days even after paying a lot of money, up to 15k or 20k at times, because of the outstanding bill. 

For the drainage, which is my major concern, he kept delaying and giving excuses and promises for the past four months I packed in, but when he ran out of lies, he just told me yesterday on the phone that he will never do the drainage. And during inspection, this kind of thing is not possible to detect it because it's not possible for you to bath and see whether water is flowing through the drainage during house inspection. 

He even boasted that he will never do it and that I should do my worst. Very wicked and irresponsible old man. 

Pls how can I report him to the Lagos State government? To avoid building collapse. To compel him to do it because of the safety of my life.

Pls help. Thanks.  .

CC
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Seun

RoyalRoy
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Baawaa(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2021
Firstly,you need to pack out that house ,your life and family is more than 200k.
Ask for government mediation center in your area and lodge your complaints there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Adezworld(m): 8:34am On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:
Pls help, how can I report my landlord to the Lagos State government as soon as possible?

Location is Ikotun.

I paid close to N200,000 for the house, but later discovered that all the water used in bathing in the bathroom does not flow out, no drainage. The water is being soaked by the wall. The walls are soaked. My properties are spoiling already because of the too much dampness of the walls and floor. 

He promised to do it but he will never do it, because I discovered that's his usual style, to collect money and disappear. All the tenants are tired of his wickedness. 

The dangerous thing here is that the whole house is a duplex and it's upstairs (decking) with many flats upstairs but I stay downstairs, so it's very very dangerous for me because of the walls in my room soaking water continuously, which can collapse anytime. All the bath water and washing water goes to the foundation of the building. No draining. It's a very risky place I'm staying and with likelihood of collapse any moment. 

Not only that, the outstanding NEPA bill I later discovered for the whole house is currently over N200,000. He refused to sort it out and we have been paying for the old bill which we never used, yet our light would trip off within 3 days even after paying a lot of money, up to 15k or 20k at times, because of the outstanding bill. 

For the drainage, which is my major concern, he kept delaying and giving excuses and promises for the past four months I packed in, but when he ran out of lies, he just told me yesterday on the phone that he will never do the drainage. And during inspection, this kind of thing is not possible to detect it because it's not possible for you to bath and see whether water is flowing through the drainage during house inspection. 

He even boasted that he will never do it and that I should do my worst. Very wicked and irresponsible old man. 

Pls how can I report him to the Lagos State government? To avoid building collapse. To compel him to do it because of the safety of my life.

Pls help. Thanks.  .

CC
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Seun

RoyalRoy
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks.  .

CC
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Seun

RoyalRoy
You can report him to Lagos State Building Control Agency, but be prepared to move out of the building because it will either be marked for immediate demolition or will give him stipulated time to fix it.

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by GenAbacha(m): 8:37am On Aug 17, 2021
Didn’t you inspect the house before moving in?

Oh well, once bitten, twice shy.
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by mariahAngel(f): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2021
However you choose to handle the situation (based on people’s suggestions), I’d advise you to be very very careful first and foremost.
You don’t want to make enemies for yourself.
People hate and harm for no reason, how much more when they have reasons to.
If you feel you can’t cope with the situation, just move out and take it as a loss.
The loss (plus stress) is not worth your peace.
Not all battles are meant to be fought, as not all battles are yours to fight (alone).

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by LordJoffrey(m): 9:00am On Aug 17, 2021
Sue the man for damages for your property and for specific performance for him to do the needed repairs

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Nonexisting1: 9:07am On Aug 17, 2021
Baawaa:
You better pack out
Pack out when he has just paid 200k rent, are you normal?

2 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Baawaa(m): 9:16am On Aug 17, 2021
Nonexisting1:
200k or his life and family
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Mikester: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2021
The whole thing is messed up right from the time you moved in. You for some reason didn't realize or perhaps accept that sooner. Sorry but I'll just advise you try litigating this issue to get some refunds and then move out as soon as possible for your peace of mind.

There is far too much work to be done in that house which I presume will take a lot of time and resources to fulfill and with the kind of landlord/co-tenants you have, it might take forever.
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Richy4(m): 11:25am On Aug 17, 2021
GenAbacha:
Didn’t you inspect the house before moving in?

Oh well, once bitten, twice shy.

Haba!!! so what you are implying was that u inspected the drainage system where you were currently staying before u moved in?

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by GenAbacha(m): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2021
Richy4:

Haba!!! so what you are implying was that u inspected the drainage system where you were currently staying before u moved in?

So you plan to rent a house and you don’t see a drainage hole in the bathroom you’d be using and you’ll be fine?

Oh well. Na why una dey always fall for ponzi schemes.

No sense at all

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Richy4(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2021
GenAbacha:

So you plan to rent a house and you don’t see a drainage hole in the bathroom you’d be using and you’ll be fine?

Oh well. Na why una dey always fall for ponzi schemes.

No sense at all

You are just being unreasonable.... U are the type that act as if you have sense online but very far from it in reality... If someone has a bathroom, it is safe to conclude that there must be a channel for the water to go out... If the op did not see it, That was not his fault... no one can inspect every detail of a home in a day... especially if time is involved..
Stop that all tough and almighty Wiseman u were trying to portray about yourself because I'm not buying it ...

3 Likes

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by GenAbacha(m): 12:07pm On Aug 17, 2021
Richy4:

You are just being unreasonable.... U are the type that act as if you have sense online but very far from it in reality... If someone has a bathroom, it is safe to conclude that there must be a channel for the water to go out... If the op did not see it, That was not his fault... no one can inspect every detail of a home in a day... especially if time is involved..
Stop that all tough and almighty Wiseman u were trying to portray about yourself because I'm not buying it ...

Your mumu dey smell.

Stay there and be talking rubbish. Don’t inspect your house na
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Richy4(m): 12:15pm On Aug 17, 2021
GenAbacha:

Your mumu dey smell.

Stay there and be talking rubbish. Don’t inspect your house na

E-warrior... I have given you enough attention already...I can't afford that kind of luxury to waste on a scum anymore ... Have a good day.. sad

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by faithfull18(f): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Nonexisting1:
Reasons why most Nigerians do anyhow, after all they would continue like nothing happened.
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by frozen70(f): 1:13pm On Aug 17, 2021
Sill001:

Location is Ikotun.

Pls help. Thanks.  .

CC
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

Seun

RoyalRoy

You just have to pack out at the end of your rent
You need peace of mind since he feeds on wickedness
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by BecomeALandLord(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2021
Write a formal petition to the police and copy Alausa.
You have used 4months already.
Also be on the look out for another apartment, immediately your rent expires, pack out.

The wise invest in real estate and not luxuries.
We are your surest real estate plug.... Contact us for genuine lands and houses at various locations in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by esthel(f): 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2021
Option available to you: Write the Attorney General of Lagos State,

Attention the Director, Directorate of Citizens Right.

Attention the Director, Citizens Mediation Centre

Those are two different directorates for issues like these.

Start from here.
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Monogamy: 6:14pm On Aug 17, 2021
Hope you have found a new house before doing this
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by NoFucksToGive: 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2021
Monogamy:
Hope you have found a new house before doing this

For the first time in history your comment made me laugh and made some sense grin
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Sill001(m): 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2021
Adezworld:

You can report him to Lagos State Building Control Agency, but be prepared to move out of the building because it will either be marked for immediate demolition or will give him stipulated time to fix it.

Thanks.
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Sill001(m): 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
LordJoffrey:
Sue the man for damages for your property and for specific performance for him to do the needed repairs

Thanks bro.
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Sill001(m): 11:10pm On Aug 17, 2021
esthel:
Option available to you: Write the Attorney General of Lagos State,

Attention the Director, Directorate of Citizens Right.

Attention the Director, Citizens Mediation Centre

Those are two different directorates for issues like these.

Start from here.

Noted. Thanks.
Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Eketem: 3:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Depending on where you live in Lagos State these are the addresses of the citizen mediation centers.

You can report him there for settlement.

Re: Pls How Can I Report My Landlord To The Lagos State Government? Pls Help!. by Eketem: 3:38am On Aug 18, 2021
Other centers

(1) (Reply)

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya / Is Your Partner Cheap / 52 Year Old Delivers Baby After 25years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.