Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,704 members, 7,918,184 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 02:45 AM

What Is Taking You Away From God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Taking You Away From God (1462 Views)

Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months? / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2011
Okay.
Martian:

Oohhhh, here comes the conspiracy theorist!!!!! Where did you get your information this time, David Icke's reptillian overlords?

If not pulling stuff out of my a$$ and calling it factual means I'm shallow then I definitely don't want to be as "Deep" as you and "DEEP sight". lol

Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by kris2glo: 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
Am always with God, and in Him will i remain.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 02, 2011
Deep Sight:

Your knee-jerk approach to analyzing issues rears its head again. I hope you recognize that you have not said anything that addresses the core issue in the slightest. That issue is simply the existence of a source. As far as science is concerned, there is indeed a source of all things in this universe. That source in scientific materialist terms is called the pre-big-bang singularity. Now the nature of that singularity is still wildly debated in scientific circles. As such, science itself evinces a source, and this renders it ridiculous that you could begin to condemn a man for simply asserting himself to proceed from a source.

Your comments are all the more comical given that things are only known to have no source in voodoo and black magic. Perhaps that is the world view you subscribe to?

Stop trying to justify your spiritual convictions with science ( the singularity before the big bang). Astronomy is what gave us the big bang theory but it sure doesn't make it sound like a "source" that cares about some humans on some tiny planet.
His assertion is not based on science but in his spiritual yearning to have an immortal part of himself. Hell, he calls himself "the awareness, the immortal me that never dies"; how is that science? Spirituality/ religion are the only human concepts that deal with souls as reality. Science doesn't, so that "source" has no spiritual connotation attached to it.

Besides, what's so special or so profound about his assertions. It sounds like he just ripped off the buddhist concept of souls and reincarnation. I'll even conjure up my own "source.

"THE ESSENCE"
The essence is that eternal entity that exists outside our universe. We all come from this essence in other to learn and purify ourselves in this realm. When a new life is conceived, the essence randomly selects a soul and sends it to inhabit the newly formed and developing clump of human cells. We don't get to choose where we are born and the randomness of the essence makes it possible for us to experience life in different bodies, in different places, different cultures and even different centuries.

After we die, we return to the essence and review the memories and occurences in the life we just lived. We learn the lessons and get back in the queue to return to this realm. We are not supposed to remember our past lives though while we are here because it will ruin the mission ( courtesy of Jenwitemi).
After learning what we need to learn we return to the essence and become a part of the whole and that's when our souls stop reincarnating.

I just made the crap up in seconds and it sounds just about as possible as Jenwitemi's source, your oneness of infinity, yahweh, ogun, shango, thor, odin or any other divine entity man has ever made up. I at least can say that its utter bulls_hit but someone with a spiritually inclined mind like yours would think that it's some "deep" spiritual idea.

Voodoo and black magic?  grin  They don't have a source? Really??!! Where do they get their supposed "power" from then?

All these spiritual mumbo jumbo helps you give meaning to life but that doesn't mean they are not nonsensical and unfounded.  The source, the essence and the oneness of infinity can be our trinity. They are just as real as the christians' trinity, we'll keep it our little secret. cool
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 7:23am On Jun 02, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Okay.

Okkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!  cool *in lil' jon's voice*

kris2glo:

Am always with God, and in Him will i remain.

Great, make sure you never come out.

When the society is too damned superstitious, spiritual and ignorant, we get people buying babies for rituals. Lovely.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110601/wl_africa_afp/nigeriacrimechildtrafficking_20110601143218

Its like 1546. lol
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by DeepSight(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2011
Martian:

Stop trying to justify your spiritual convictions with science ( the singularity before the big bang). Astronomy is what gave us the big bang theory but it sure doesn't make it sound like a "source" that cares about some humans on some tiny planet.
His assertion is not based on science but in his spiritual yearning to have an immortal part of himself. Hell, he calls himself "the awareness, the immortal me that never dies"; how is that science? Spirituality/ religion are the only human concepts that deal with souls as reality. Science doesn't, so that "source" has no spiritual connotation attached to it.

Besides, what's so special or so profound about his assertions. It sounds like he just ripped off the buddhist concept of souls and reincarnation. I'll even conjure up my own "source.

"THE ESSENCE"
The essence is that eternal entity that exists outside our universe. We all come from this essence in other to learn and purify ourselves in this realm. When a new life is conceived, the essence randomly selects a soul and sends it to inhabit the newly formed and developing clump of human cells. We don't get to choose where we are born and the randomness of the essence makes it possible for us to experience life in different bodies, in different places, different cultures and even different centuries.

After we die, we return to the essence and review the memories and occurences in the life we just lived. We learn the lessons and get back in the queue to return to this realm. We are not supposed to remember our past lives though while we are here because it will ruin the mission ( courtesy of Jenwitemi).
After learning what we need to learn we return to the essence and become a part of the whole and that's when our souls stop reincarnating.

I just made the crap up in seconds and it sounds just about as possible as Jenwitemi's source, your oneness of infinity, yahweh, ogun, shango, thor, odin or any other divine entity man has ever made up. I at least can say that its utter bulls_hit but someone with a spiritually inclined mind like yours would think that it's some "deep" spiritual idea.

Voodoo and black magic?  grin  They don't have a source? Really??!! Where do they get their supposed "power" from then?

All these spiritual mumbo jumbo helps you give meaning to life but that doesn't mean they are not nonsensical and unfounded.  The source, the essence and the oneness of infinity can be our trinity. They are just as real as the christians' trinity, we'll keep it our little secret. cool

You haven't said a darn thing that's relevant or sensible son. Jenwitemi did not say anything about a "source that cares about him". . . he simply stated that he proceeds from a source. So its comical that you could begin to condemn that. Fact is, in terms of known science, this universe also proceeded from a source - a singularity.

It's as simple as that. Science thus proceeds from the point of view of a source. So your needless ranting frankly appears adolescent. You have NO point whatsoever, son.

Even sadder is that you contradicted yourself by alluding to voodoo and black magic having sources. That statement of ours is an explicit acknowledgement that all finite things have sources. If you state that, what grounds on earth do you have to pick a quarrel with a man who simply states that he proceeds from a source. Abi, do things proceed from nothing?

Boy, I'm convinced you are 13 years old. Just looking for an argument where there is obviously none. There is no scientist that will tow the puerile path that you have taken. You need to grow up and recognise the difference between pure scientific atheism and puerile anti-spirituality. The latter is what you seem to be suffering from.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2011
Well young'n, he didn't have to say that the so called source cares about him to see that is what he is insinuating. He ssaid he goes back to this source when he dies and then reincarnates. Science doesn't say we came from a source, all it says is that the universe expanded from that singularity so stop making it sound like it some spiritual source.  The big bang led to the expansion of the universe and subsquently the human race and that is explained in an objective way but jenwitemi's source and your oneness are just subjective and anthropocentric.

Needless ranting grin  What? You don't like The Essence? Well you know how your cooncept of  oneness, the source and other religious "first causes" sound to me  now.

I never contradicted myself about the voodoo/black magic. I put powers in quotes to show that I put their spiritual beliefs in the same category as the others ie their so called source is just as valid as yours (if they do claim to have one).

Looking for an argument when there is obviously none? Well, you are the superhero who came to the defence of the guy's source. Maybe because you have similar unfounded spiritual ideas?

Call it puerile, call me 13, it doesn't matter.  Your spiritual idea will remain wishful thinking and no matter how many philosophical ideas you try to justify your bullsh_t with, it will still be based on fantasy.

I'm surprised you haven't pulled out the cosmological argument in support of his source. (I can use it to prove the existence of the essence too)
Again the singularity that resulted in the universe is not spiritual or concerned with something humans made up called a soul and no scientist has ever tried to say the singularity was sentient which is what you spiritual people are trying to do e.g Intelligent design and creationism and the christians insistentce on teaching their deluision in american public schools.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2011
Deep Sight and Jenwitemi are confused people, it's patently obvious. I have no issues with blasting other people's beliefs but to hold equally absurd beliefs is beyond comprehension. Where is the evidence that there is life after death as Jenwitemi stated, yet he is critical of a religion who holds that same belief as it's conerstone. There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" instead of claiming knowledge where you have none
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2011
You, sir, are confused about jenwitemi and what he is about. I have never condemned any religion for their beliefs in afterlife. But rather, i have condemned their idea of what God is, their earthly structures and doctrines, and the adverse effects they have on the human psyche. You get the difference? Only atheists have problem with the possibility of the existence of the afterlife, and i am no atheist. Hope that is clear.

Now, on the issue of proof of afterlife, i can't prove that, obviously, but i know that there is one. Now, the real mccoy is that i don't have to prove it to you or anybody else 'cos it isn't tat important.
And moreover, before you can declare the concept of afterlife to be absurd(which is actually akin to making a bold claim), you, yourself, must first of all prove that there is NO afterlife, and convincingly too. And since you will not be able to do that, you should desist from making claims that the belief in afterlife is "absurd" when you don't have a clue yourself whether it does exist or not. It would be much wiser for you to declare yourself an agnostic and say that you don't know. wink
phxc:

Deep Sight and Jenwitemi are confused people, it's patently obvious. I have no issues with blasting other people's beliefs but to hold equally absurd beliefs is beyond comprehension. Where is the evidence that there is life after death as Jenwitemi stated, yet he is critical of a religion who holds that same belief as it's conerstone.  There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" instead of claiming knowledge where you have none
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2011
Where is inedi, btw? No more questions for me? grin wink
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by DeepSight(m): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2011
Martian. You gat no case. No need to digress. Logic presupposes a cause or source in regard to all finite things? And that is what has been asserted. So long as you accede a source, of whatever description, you have no case, and no reason for your skewed and impulsive comments. Science itself accedes a source. The entire gamut of scientific inquiry is about determining the causes and sources of things. It's your business if you are troubled about anything spiritual. No one is bothering you with that. There is a source. Finite things are caused,  and not uncaused. The laws of motion indisputably prove this. So quit the chit chat son.

@ phxc, it's sad if you consider a mere statement that one proceeds from a source to be condemnable. Are there things within the universe that pop out of nothingness? Please let's not be absurd.

Fact is, Martians comments are borne out of teenage excitement, and nothing more. No considered mind could condemn a simple assertion that one proceeds from a source, however defined. It's like saying a river pops out of thin air. That is worse than any claims made by religious bodies. And most unscientific, too.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2011
The CERN facility in Switzerland was constructed to find the . . . wait for it . . . THE GOD PARTICLE. That singularity from which the entire universe emerges. And, it is as scientific a project as any science project can be. I wonder what martian thinks of that. He will probably be disturbed, if not traumatized. grin cheesy
Deep Sight:

Martian. You gat no case. No need to digress. Logic presupposes a cause or source in regard to all finite things? And that is what has been asserted. So long as you accede a source, of whatever description, you have no case, and no reason for your skewed and impulsive comments. Science itself accedes a source. The entire gamut of scientific inquiry is about determining the causes and sources of things. It's your business if you are troubled about anything spiritual. No one is bothering you with that. There is a source. Finite things are caused,  and not uncaused. The laws of motion indisputably prove this. So quit the chit chat son.

@ phxc, it's sad if you consider a mere statement that one proceeds from a source to be condemnable. Are there things within the universe that pop out of nothingness? Please let's not be absurd.

Fact is, Martians comments are borne out of teenage excitement, and nothing more. No considered mind could condemn a simple assertion that one proceeds from a source, however defined. It's like saying a river pops out of thin air. That is worse than any claims made by religious bodies. And most unscientific, too.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by DeepSight(m): 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
The guy is just stabbing at straws. You always recognize amateur atheists from that clueless trait.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2011
phxc:

Deep Sight and Jenwitemi are confused people, it's patently obvious. I have no issues with blasting other people's beliefs but to hold equally absurd beliefs is beyond comprehension. Where is the evidence that there is life after death as Jenwitemi stated, yet he is critical of a religion who holds that same belief as it's conerstone. There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know" instead of claiming knowledge where you have none

Lol, I know! But they think that they don't to the older absurd beliefs they can just create their with even more ambiguity.
Deep Sight:

grin all these "gat" and "son", did you just see a movie about New York thats influencing you like Avatar did?
But, I digress.

Enough with this already, Jenwitemi's source had or has nothing to do with the big bang. the singularity you're trying to use is just the primordial atom and there is nothing in scientific circles that you can cite to make it relate to anything spiritually. This guy made a claim that this source of his is the one that caused the big bang and he also claimed this source is the cause of the "multiverse". He put his source outside the physical universe just like most spiritual beliefs, if others are ridiculed, his will be ridiculed too no matter how impressive it sounds to a spiritually minded Nigerian like yourself.

Jenwitemi:

The CERN facility in Switzerland was constructed to find the . . . wait for it . . . THE GOD PARTICLE. That singularity from which the entire universe emerges. And, it is as scientific a project as any science project can be. I wonder what martian thinks of that. He will probably be disturbed, if not traumatized. grin cheesy

Ohhhhhh, the GOD PARTICLE. Calm down, they are just referring to the primordial atom and what happened right after the big bang. Did you just hear of it?? Aaaawwww, how cute. You saw the word "god" and creamed yourself. Symptom of the spiritually minded individual. They are not accelerating particles at near the speed of light for anything spiritual, the have left that search for "god" to you people.

When Einstein said "God doesn't play dice", some spiritual people thought he was referring to their version of god. He had to make it clear that he it was just a metaphor for the universe. The same thing you're trying to the with the particle accelerator.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2011
Primordial atom, eh? Doesn't that represent the search for the source of all things, then? If science is so atheistic as you cllaim it to be, why have such a gigantic machine been built to find the primordial atom, then? How come the scientists don't just say, "screw it all! Everything came from nothing, so why bother?"

And knowing the nature of scientists, even if they manage to find this particle, the next thing on their agenda would be to want to know where the primordial atom came from. If that is not the search for the SOURCE of all things, i don't know what is. grin wink
Martian:

Ohhhhhh, the GOD PARTICLE. Calm down, they are just referring to the primordial atom and what happened right after the big bang. Did you just hear of it?? Aaaawwww, how cute. You saw the word "god" and creamed yourself. Symptom of the spiritually minded individual. They are not accelerating particles at near the speed of light for anything spiritual, the have left that search for "god" to you people.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2011
Yes, the primordial atom as the source of all we see and cant see in d universe.
It has nothing to do with the human "soul" which is what your source is supposed to be.
You didnt say anything that could have equated your source as the primordial atom until deep sight came and said it.
All of a sudden you post about CERN thinking it wasnt old news to me.

Scientists go about learning about this "source" by doing research and building multi million dollar research complexes while you daydream about souls and the "source" that sends souls to this realm to learn.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
Martan, go to bed. Go and tuck yourself in. Night, night!
Martian:

Yes, the primordial atom as the source of all we see and cant see in d universe.
It has nothing to do with the human "soul" which is what your source is supposed to be.
You didnt say anything that could have equated your source as the primordial atom until deep sight came and said it.
All of a sudden you post about CERN thinking it wasnt old news to me.

Scientists go about learning about this "source" by doing research and building multi million dollar research complexes while you daydream about souls and the "source" that sends souls to this realm to learn.
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by thehomer: 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Actually, what is called the god particle refers to the Higgs boson. It was called the "god particle" in a tongue in cheek manner because it is said to be what gives atoms their "mass" (a sly reference to why Catholics have mass - it is due to their belief in God".
Re: What Is Taking You Away From God by Jenwitemi(m): 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2011
I know that the term was meant as a metaphor meant to take digs at the religious folks. But all the same, that does not negate the fact that the CERN scientists are looking for the source or the starting point of the universe which has a certain spirituality to it. It is quite a curious undertaking if scientists do believe that everything came from nothing as most atheists like to believe. And yes, it is a BELIEF. Of course, there are other sources saying that the CERN machine is much more than just limited to that experiment. But that is another issue, entirely.
thehomer:

Actually, what is called the god particle refers to the Higgs boson. It was called the "god particle" in a tongue in cheek manner because it is said to be what gives atoms their "mass" (a sly reference to why Catholics have mass - it is due to their belief in God".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest Census Figures Show Atheism On The Rise In Britain! Christianity Dying!!! / Is It Wrong For A Born Again Chritain To Attend Any Muslim Ocassion? / The Queen Of Heaven Is A Devil!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.