Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,495 members, 7,908,377 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 03:24 AM

Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment (487 Views)

Five Remarkable Moments From BBNaija S6 Reunion Opening Night (Photos) / BBNaija S6: Liquorose Becomes First To Hit 1m Followers On Instagram (Picture) / BBNaija S6: Sammy, Angel Cuddle In Bed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by lalajnr(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2021
Father to Big Brother Naija season six housemate, Angel, has fired back at Maria’s “boys will be boys” comment which she made during a Diary Session on Wednesday.

Speaking on Angel’s relationship with the male contestants in the house, Big Brother asked Maria on her opinion as regards the men not respecting their relationship with their partners and rejecting Angel’s advances.

Maria responded saying, “I totally agree with what you’re saying but I think at the end of the day men, or rather should I say boys will be boys. If anything easy comes their way, they run with it.”

Cutting her short and concluding the session, Big Brother said, “If as you say, ‘boys will be boys’, then maybe Angel will be Angel.”

Reacting to the Diary Session, Angel’s father who also handles her Instagram account, @theangeljbsmith, made a post hours later to address the comments made by Maria.

“We live in a patriarchal society where men are not held accountable for their actions in the name of ‘men will be men’. Who made the rules?” He questioned.

He further stated that society should be allow women to be “liberal with their bodies without making them feel easy or cheap.”

“A woman isn’t easily accessible because she chooses to be liberal with her body. It is important we hold men accountable for their actions the way we hold women also, isn’t that what equality stands for? To excuse grave mistakes with the phrase ‘boys will be boys’ has to stop,” he continued.

He also pointed out that in the fight for equality, “when a fellow woman keeps making excuses for the men it takes us a 100 steps back.”

“That being said, Angel will be Angel in Big Brother’s voice,” he concluded.

Angel’s father has been one of her fiercest supporter since she got into the show. Earlier in the competition when she faced backlash for wearing a mini see-through dress during a fashion challenge, her father hailed her for being body positive.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://punchng.com/bbnaija-s6-angels-father-fires-back-at-marias-boys-will-be-boys-comment/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwibjNqvp7vyAhWkxoUKHZyXCXQQlO8DMAV6BAgEEAM&usg=AOvVaw3Y94UUQY8rk0hHCB20DMnP

Re: Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by lalajnr(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2021
Lalatiscala please to the promise land
Re: Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by tillaman(m): 8:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by Romanoff(f): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by TarOrfeeek: 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2021
I cannot understand what OP wrote.

Boys will be boys
Turning down Angel
Having their partners
Run with something cheap

Is there a broken screw inside someone's brain.

Or am I getting old already.

1 Like

Re: Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by kestolove95(m): 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2021
so this girl have a father? God forbid
Re: Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by Promiseibritam: 12:25am On Aug 19, 2021
Wen we get to the PL, I will say somethng.
Re: Bbnaija S6: Angel’s Father Fires Back At Maria’s “boys Will Be Boys” Comment by Emeka71(m): 6:45am On Aug 19, 2021
Even this story too might even enter homepage; BTW; I just heard on radio that Maria shall have the power to evict 2 housemates next week; if that is true then Pere is in safe hands; because Maria won't evict him; instead she might evict JMK and another babe.

(1) (Reply)

African Movie Channel Nollywood Movie: As White As Black / Bbnaija: Saga Has Been Given A Prank To Play On Nini By Biggie / My Dreams For Nollywood, Nigeria: Actress Oluchi Nwabuzor Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.