Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,742 members, 7,885,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:36 PM

Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television (42040 Views)

OPEC Bars Bloomberg, Reuters, WSJ Reporters From Vienna Conference / Afghanistan: Taliban Ban Women From Working In National & International NGOs / The Moment A Guard Collapsed At The Lying In State Of Queen Elizabeth II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by WoundedLamb: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2021
SenecaTheYonger:

Why is no one talking about Afghan’s economy and making it on par with first world’s?

Everyone is so fixated on women working, LGBT rights, etc.

The media brainwashing is quite strong.

You see how easy it is for you to focus on things you consider more relevant than human rights simply cause you're not on the receiving end? That is the problem of Africa. So we should drop the discussion about human rights, liberty and human capital development and jump to economy? Are you even reading what you're typing? Why do you people gladly look the other when others are oppressed?

What do you think development/civilization is? Tall buildings and men in suits? If you were the women who are suddenly being denied the life they were enjoying just a couple of weeks ago, would you be thinking about national economy? Economy for who? For the men or the women who can't freely walk down the streets unaccompanied? Since when has the economy become more important than liberty?

Why are Biafrans and Oduduwa people agitating for thier respective countries instead focusing on the Nigerian economy? Do you really need western media to get your priorities right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by neyoohhh: 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You see how easy it is for you to focus on things you consider more relevant than human rights simply cause you're not on the receiving end? That is the problem of Africa. So we should drop the discussion about human rights, liberty and human capital development and jump to economy? Are you even reading what you're typing? Why do you people gladly look the other when others are oppressed?

What do you think development/civilization is? Tall buildings and men in suits? If you were the women who are suddenly being denied the life they were enjoying just a couple of weeks ago, would you be thinking about national economy? Economy for who? For the men or the women who can't freely walk down the streets unaccompanied? Since when has the economy become more important than liberty?

Why are Biafrans and Oduduwa people agitating for thier respective countries instead focusing on the Nigerian economy? Do you really need western media to get your priorities right?

The medieval Arab historian Ibn Khaldun explains the dynamic in his 14th-century masterwork, Al Muqaddima. History, he shows, is a repetition of the same pattern seen throughout the ages—a group of nomadic tribesmen overturn an existing sedentary culture, a civilization that has become weak and luxurious. What drives the success of the rising tribe is its group solidarity, or assabiya. Its awareness of itself as a coherent people with a drive for primacy is frequently augmented by religious ideology. The stronger the tribe’s assabiya, the stronger the group. Assimilating the conquered by imposing its will and worldview on them, the victor lays the foundations of a new civilization. But since, as Ibn Khaldun writes, “the goal of civilization is sedentary culture and luxury,” all groups carry the seeds of their own demise.

And so the struggle begins anew.
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by blahc007: 4:33pm On Aug 20, 2021
DropsMic:

Same religion, different practitioners. One is obsessed with conservatism, the other liberalism

An atheist kwo..?
Stop quoting Bible verses you read like a literature...no spiritual understanding....
Because you want to sound smart, you go and lift what you don't know and understand...Cary am come paste for Nairaland page...
Christianity is never anything like Islam...
And you will never know this because you are far from both...very far
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Bornboy4: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2021
Christianity has gone beyond this, man. Go with the times and remain humane...That's the reality.
DropsMic:

Same religion, different practitioners. One is obsessed with conservatism, the other liberalism

Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by DropsMic(m): 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2021
Bornboy4:
Christianity has gone beyond this, man. Go with the times and remain human.

And what do you think my post ia about??

Smh
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by SEYIOKE: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
DropsMic:

Christians have left this level since. Move on, if you are still there
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by omojeesu(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
DropsMic:

Ignorance is your problem.

1) Christians don't keep such old Testament rule.
2) "Women keeping quiet in church" was in the cultural context of the time. It was expediency. Is that the mainstream Christian practice today even here in Nigeria where we have female pastors??

Please stop comparing Christianity with Islam.

You're just being mischievous and sarcastic since you hate Jesus and everything His.
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Kingcalls: 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2021
Alexaonfleek:
Your gender has been in charge of spreading evil in the world faster that wildfire...from killings,adultery,kidnapping,raping etc.
But its women you choose to concern yourself with

Thats cos a woman brought evil into the world thru eve... u women are a disaster to humanity....
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Kingcalls: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2021
Parisian:
I guess it's women that are going about raping and killing all the girls you see on the news everyday... Women are relegating men really? Men have taken over women's sports in the west and you dare talk about relegation. You deserve Buhari. Mumu.

U deserve the Talibans ...na dem fit una .... make una go do una women rights against them na...go and protest ...whr are the feminists all over tge world...are they not listening to the news....they hv suddenly gone cold as usual...confused gender....go to war like men ...organise urselves as rebels just like men do and fight the Talibans
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Minjim: 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2021
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by cocoduck: 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
neyoohhh:

Ok understood i wasn't knocking your Christian faith, however you can make the same arguments for Islam. Eg Islam is good, extremists are bad.

Regarding atheism, I'm not certain those power broker's you mentioned were atheist though, so many conflicting reports everywhere, will have to check.
No. The real Islam encourages bad behavior. So Mao, Lenin, Pol Pot are not Atheists abi? hahahahahahaha
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by generalwo(m): 5:54pm On Aug 20, 2021
darediamond:

And Catholics that breeds Islam will always remain catholics. They are both Idol Worshiper!!
..... How many catholics have u seen strapp a vest of c4 and detonate blow themselves to hell and kill people along with them?
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Yankee101: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2021
Islamic scholars, is this Islam?

Let's know now
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Oracleforce: 6:13pm On Aug 20, 2021
AntiChristian:

When last did you Check?

The picture was taken from which location?

Islamic bigotry...
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Kay25(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2021
DropsMic:

yes we don't have that balls again cos we have the spirit of love in us..Let love lead
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Samstar4now(m): 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
Where are those feminist? Its time for u to stand and fight
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Image123(m): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, Christians like to think their religion and Bible is different from Islam and the Koran. The thing is that Christians don't have the balls to commit the kind of atrocious acts the Muslims carry out. They all have the same goal, for everyone to accept their Jesus. They just don't have the balls like they used to back then.

Is it not your goal and hope that religion be weakened and eradicated? Hypocrite, have sense in Jesus name.
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by calcal: 12:44am On Aug 21, 2021
Civil war is inevitable
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 1:26am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

Your brain white matter don dry!

Can you just imagine how you successfully exhibited how retarded your IQ is
Everyone has the right to be stupid but you abused that right still
Well I don't blame you
Reply whatever you like, punctured brains like you should be put in place
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by ridonebabat(m): 4:24am On Aug 21, 2021
I don't believe in this nonsense
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by AntiChristian: 6:18am On Aug 21, 2021
Xclusivedaniel6:

Can you just imagine how you successfully exhibited how retarded your IQ is
Everyone has the right to be stupid but you abused that right still
Well I don't blame you
Reply whatever you like, punctured brains like you should be put in place

You just proved me right!
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by AntiChristian: 6:32am On Aug 21, 2021
Oracleforce:

The picture was taken from which location?

Islamic bigotry...

Pakistan!

When last did you check?
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Oracleforce: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

Pakistan!

When last did you check?

Economizing the truth just to win an argument

Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by AntiChristian: 8:27am On Aug 21, 2021
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Oracleforce: 9:44am On Aug 21, 2021
AntiChristian:

I agree but read

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/24/world/middleeast/saudi-driving-ban-anniversary.html

women finally got a right to drive after millennium of years of denials... what a shame!... and it wasn't given on a platter of gold. They fought for it...
Most Pakistani women are restricted to a common house wives and baby factory because of one archaic laws written by one dead prophet.

it is quite shameful and outlandish to me some of the laws practice in this Islamic countries … for example for a women in Saudi Arabia to marry to foreigners they need to take permission from the Saudi Authority

unfortunately, you came here, trying to manipulate the truth. people who are concern in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are yearning and crying for liberty from shackles of archaic laws written by some dead prophets...you are here writing gibberish on social media.

how i wish you are a Pakistani woman or woman from any Islamic nation of the world , i could have hear you with my open heart. but you are a Nigerian who stubbornly bent on churning out incoherent grammar to justify the archaic laws in which all these Islamic countries are following.
can you compare the liberty your sisters in Nigeria is enjoying with the bondage some of these women are facing in these Islamic countries. liberty is sweet... but do the women in Saudi , Pakistani and other Muslim country have this unrestricted right? no...
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by AntiChristian: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2021
Oracleforce:

women finally got a right to drive after millennium of years of denials... what a shame!... and it wasn't given on a platter of gold. They fought for it...
Most Pakistani women are restricted to a common house wives and baby factory because of one archaic laws written by one dead prophet.

it is quite shameful and outlandish to me some of the laws practice in this Islamic countries … for example for a women in Saudi Arabia to marry to foreigners they need to take permission from the Saudi Authority

unfortunately, you came here, trying to manipulate the truth. people who are concern in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are yearning and crying for liberty from shackles of archaic laws written by some dead prophets...you are here writing gibberish on social media.

how i wish you are a Pakistani woman or woman from any Islamic nation of the world , i could have hear you with my open heart. but you are a Nigerian who stubbornly bent on churning out incoherent grammar to justify the archaic laws in which all these Islamic countries are following.
can you compare the liberty your sisters in Nigeria is enjoying with the bondage some of these women are facing in these Islamic countries. liberty is sweet... but do the women in Saudi , Pakistani and other Muslim country have this unrestricted right? no...

What's your business in their matter? How does their laws affect you or your female folks?

What you call bondage is freedom to them. You should let them live they way they want since you are living your nude life here.
Their civilisation is not the same as yours! You can't always use the west to judge everything. The west is not our mirror. Our standard our our Books.

Live your life and let others live their life. No dey compare your way of life to others!
Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by Oracleforce: 2:54pm On Aug 21, 2021
it is neither my business nor my concerns but i hate people who modify facts and truth like you are doing.
assuming your dead prophet who wrote the archaic laws was gagged and hamstringed by draconic and rigid laws during his lifetime, i'm sure he wouldn't have fulfil his ambitions an prophetic callings. he met an egalitarians' society but he turn it to unitary and monarch society.
now, look at so many people living in these Islamic countries that this laws has rendered their careers impotent. look at destiny that has been ruined has a results of this myopic Islamic laws ....
few women attained their full potentials in this country by looking else where or elope to eke their living.
secondly, how has these Islamic laws enhance the lives of people living these countries? economically is zero...because none of this Islamic nations is among the 10 greatest or richest nations of the world...
and on the other hands, among the 10 poorest countries in the world, Islamic nations has ratio 7-10 including Afghanistan. what a paradox!
it makes no psychological sense to keep following the principles, precepts, ideology which persistently keep all these Islamic nations down and put them in abject poverty, maiming, terrorism, sucide-bombing, jihadist, war, thuggery, cutting of arms and legs, flogging, pedophiles, wanderers, fugitive, lowlife etc. ..wisdom is superior.
back to our own dear country, there is no Muslim dominated State in the north that can be equated with any of the States in the south economically... the northerners know that if the southerners separate from the northerners , the whole northern area will be a wilderness that's the reasons they will do anything and everything possible to keep us together.. not because they love the southerners but they parasite the southerners....
AntiChristian:

What's your business in their matter? How does their laws affect you or your female folks?

What you call bondage is freedom to them. You should let them live they way they want since you are living your nude life here.
Their civilisation is not the same as yours! You can't always use the west to judge everything. The west is not our mirror. Our standard our our Books.

Live your life and let others live their life. No dey compare your way of life to others!

Re: Taliban Bans Female Reporters From Working In State Television by AntiChristian: 6:48am On Aug 22, 2021
Oracleforce:
it is neither my business nor my concerns but i hate people who modify facts and truth like you are doing.
assuming your dead prophet who wrote the archaic laws was gagged and hamstringed by draconic and rigid laws during his lifetime, i'm sure he wouldn't have fulfil his ambitions an prophetic callings. he met an egalitarians' society but he turn it to unitary and monarch society.
now, look at so many people living in these Islamic countries that this laws has rendered their careers impotent. look at destiny that has been ruined has a results of this myopic Islamic laws ....
few women attained their full potentials in this country by looking else where or elope to eke their living.
secondly, how has these Islamic laws enhance the lives of people living these countries? economically is zero...because none of this Islamic nations is among the 10 greatest or richest nations of the world...
and on the other hands, among the 10 poorest countries in the world, Islamic nations has ratio 7-10 including Afghanistan. what a paradox!
it makes no psychological sense to keep following the principles, precepts, ideology which persistently keep all these Islamic nations down and put them in abject poverty, maiming, terrorism, sucide-bombing, jihadist, war, thuggery, cutting of arms and legs, flogging, pedophiles, wanderers, fugitive, lowlife etc. ..wisdom is superior.
back to our own dear country, there is no Muslim dominated State in the north that can be equated with any of the States in the south economically... the northerners know that if the southerners separate from the northerners , the whole northern area will be a wilderness that's the reasons they will do anything and everything possible to keep us together.. not because they love the southerners but they parasite the southerners....

I also don't like people talking from an ignorant and biased point to view. It's not only those Muslim countries that could be called terrorists. Russia, china, France and USA are among but you won't see anyone saying this.

It's only Muslims.

Our dead Prophet as you said met a hostile community and had to migrate with the believers to create a viable community which later conquered.

There are so many errors embedded in your western skull and only the grace of God can remove them.

And I'm not a tribalist so quit your tribalist comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 / Mali: N’daou, Goita Sworn In As President, VP / US Warships Shadowed In South China Sea By Military Vessels ( Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.