Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,751 members, 7,889,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina (1639 Views)

Poll: Who will win the game on June 1?

Nigeria: 100% (2 votes)
Argentina: 0% (0 votes)
Tie: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Full List Of 30 Players Invited To Camp By Samson Siasia For Rio Olympics / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / Stop Blaming Yakubu Ayegbeni For World Cup Failure – Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 19, 2011
Nigeria coach Samson Siasia has left out Osaze Odemwingie from his squad for June's double header against Argentina and Ethiopia.

Instead, Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi has been called up take part in the high-profile friendly against the South Americans in Abuja and an African Nations Cup qualifier in Addis Ababa.

Siasia also handed a recall to defender Yusuf Mohammed to plug the hole at right-back, with Heartland's Chibuzor Okonkwo the only available right-back following the tragic loss of Adefemi Olubayo early this month.

Also recalled is Karabukspor striker Emmanuel Emenike.

Goalkeepers
Vincent Enyeama, Dele Aiyenugba, Austin Ejide

Defenders
Chibuzor Okonkwo, Yusuf Mohammed, Taye Taiwo, Joseph Yobo, Dele Adeleye, Efe Ambrose, Yusuf Ayila

Midfielders
John Mikel Obi, Joel Obi, Fengor Ogude, Kalu Uche, Nnamdi Oduamadi, Nosa Igiebor, Isaac Promise

Forwards
Victor Anichebe, Peter Utaka, Obinna Nsofor, Ike Uche, Ekigho Ehiosun, Emmanuel Emenike, Ahmed Musa

Standby
Shola Ameobi, Victor Moses

------------------------------
http://www.kickoff.com/news/21843/nigeria-coach-samson-siasia-selects-squad-for-argentina.php
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 19, 2011
Siasia really knows what he is doing
This is a killer squad.
[b]Odems [/b]was prolly left out because he said he needs to rest and not because of the TWITTER comment (i hope he is able to play for the eagles as soon as possible)
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by phreakabit(m): 7:15pm On May 19, 2011
Make them do sack this Siasia He behaves like a market woman! I cant believe he left Osaze out because of what happened. This is what he did with Osaze,Nsofor and Aniechebe that lost us the olympics. Biatch!
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by obama112: 10:05pm On May 19, 2011
phreakbeat
your statement is so foolish i mean you are a fool
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by semid4lyfe(m): 10:26pm On May 19, 2011
I am dissapointed in Samson Siasia and this list.

1. What the phuck is that dead log of wood Isaac promise doing in the team? That guy is so heavy, can't play shyte and ought to be a professional pallbearer.

2. Why has he left out 14 goals Brown Ideye of Sochaux, France and Anthony Ujah of Lillestrom, Norway (Nigeria's most in-form striker/player in Scandinavia)?

3. Why invite only one natural left back in Taiye Taiwo? He should have called up Uwa Echiejile or Nurudeen Orelesi of the U-23 Olympic team as cover.

4. What's Yusuf Ayila doing back in the team? He's old, lost pace and doesn't have what it takes to cope with the rigours of midfield. We should be moving forward & trying to inject younger, fitter & workaholic players. Younger and fitter defensive midfielders like Obiora Nwankwo & Ramon Azeez should have being invited instead.

As for Osaze, Siasia was right in excluding him.

SiaONE is beginning to look and sound like same of the same.
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by hollandis(f): 7:26am On May 20, 2011
Ike and uche are fighting the battle of their survival in la liga,siasia should leave them out.As for him not fielding Osaze ,he is just being unnecessary overzealous.Osaze is the best player today in Nigeria and one of the best in the preniership.he doesn't have the right to exclude Nigerias best striker
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by henry101(m): 5:51am On May 21, 2011
hollandis:

Ike and uche are fighting the battle of their survival in la liga,siasia should leave them out.As for him not fielding Osaze ,he is just being unnecessary overzealous.Osaze is the best player today in Nigeria and one of the best in the preniership.he doesn't have the right to exclude Nigerias best striker

Funny,
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by phreakabit(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2011
obama112:

phreakbeat 
your statement is so foolish  i mean you are a fool

1, Learn to use your punctuations.

2, Learn to use CAPITAL letters where necessary.

3, If you have a brain, research the origin of their strained relationship. For those with indisputably lower mental capability quite like yourself, here's a tip "Beijing Olympics"!
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by Nwogeneugo: 12:31pm On May 27, 2011
semid4lyfe:

I am dissapointed in Samson Siasia and this list.

1. What the phuck is that dead log of wood Isaac promise doing in the team? That guy is so heavy, can't play shyte and ought to be a professional pallbearer.

2. Why has he left out 14 goals Brown Ideye of Sochaux, France and Anthony Ujah of Lillestrom, Norway (Nigeria's most in-form striker/player in Scandinavia)?

3. Why invite only one natural left back in Taiye Taiwo? He should have called up Uwa Echiejile or Nurudeen Orelesi of the U-23 Olympic team as cover.

4. What's Yusuf Ayila doing back in the team? He's old, lost pace and doesn't have what it takes to cope with the rigours of midfield. We should be moving forward & trying to inject younger, fitter & workaholic players. Younger and fitter defensive midfielders like Obiora Nwankwo & Ramon Azeez should have being invited instead.

As for Osaze, Siasia was right in excluding him.

SiaONE is beginning to look and sound like same of the same.

my broda u too much.
u spoke my mind,
if sia 1 is not losing it why invite isaac promise and leave out brown ideye who has scored abt 12 goals in the .
french league.

what is the facination with shola ameobi and victor moses, how many goals have the scored?
can they change a game dramatically.
i don dey tire for sia 1 ooo.
as for osaze, well that is the coaches right, osaze shld try and be more matured in his approach to coaches.
wished he were there sha
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by odumchi: 8:42pm On May 30, 2011
It seems I may have missed slot, But where is O. Martins and Kanu?
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by KennyG6(m): 8:44pm On May 30, 2011
odumchi:

It seems I may have missed slot, But where is O. Martins and Kanu?
Martins is injured and Kanu retired 10 years ago but NFF kept inviting him
Re: Nigeria Coach Samson Siasia Selects Squad For Argentina by henry101(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2011
odumchi:

It seems I may have missed slot, But where is O. Martins and[b] Kanu[/b]?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Virtual Football League Project / Balotelli Puts In Poor Display As Nice Lose 2-0 To Napoli / Mbappe Wins Golden Boy Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.