Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,046 members, 7,903,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:14 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3657362 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (2881) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lol...
Till this day, I cannot understand why people watch shows like Superman and Lois, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, The Blacklist, Arrow, etc
I can understand Blacklist a little cos it looked promising at the beginning...

For all the others, is it that they have nothing to watch?
They find them entertaining.
Also Superman and Lois has been a good show so far, from what I've heard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BankyGee(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
It has been a great show cool

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
DandeNumeruno:

It's actually a predictable revenge thriller. I enjoyed it nevertheless.
Simple
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CAPdan21(m): 2:01pm On Jul 13, 2022
oyaskii:
I know 25 noms for "Succession" looks like an overkill but trust me it is worth it. The S3 was so well done and probably the best tv drama from last year. Apart from "Stranger Things" and "Squid Game" ( i didn't even get why there was a craze for this". , Other networks didn't have the titles to rival what HBO did last year or at least in the Emmy Window. Succession,Barry, Hacks, Insecure, Scenes from a Marriage, Love Life, Minx and Station Eleven etc were some of the best titles from last year, all from HBO/HBomax. Netflix and co really need to up thier game, at least Apple Tv and Amazon Prime are even trying by investing heavily on ambitious project with a lot of potential unlike Netflix who picks up any tom, dick and harry that walks through thier doors with a script in hand.
Not denying the quality but there were more deserving shows who could have been represented instead of namechecking succession everywhere...I mean no directing Noms for stranger things and BCS ( Better call Saul) but 3 for succession??...Stranger things also got shut out of acting while succession got 16, BCS 2 and Severance 4.... It's pretty ridiculous, and btw both Severance and BCS had better seasons than succession so how can you rationalize 23 noms for 1 show...Even breaking bad and the sopranos did not get 23 noms...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
BankyGee:

It has been a great show cool
seriously?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
that's quite shocking ...
Never expected it to be any different from supergirl and batwoman and the likes
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
CAPdan21:

Not denying the quality but there were more deserving shows who could have been represented instead of namechecking succession everywhere...I mean no directing Noms for stranger things and BCS ( Better call Saul) but 3 for succession??...Stranger things also got shut out of acting while succession got 16, BCS 2 and Severance 4.... It's pretty ridiculous, and btw both Severance and BCS had better seasons than succession so how can you rationalize 23 noms for 1 show...Even breaking bad and the sopranos did not get 23 noms...
no one really knows how these nominations are given anyway...
They just do whatever they want...

Every year we get shocking nominations and some great shows left out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BankyGee(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
seriously?
Yeah, seriously.
It's been nominated for the Hollywood Critics Award twice now. An award body wey no dey easily look CW side seff grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
Nova15:
They should have listened to her
dat the wedding killing bad ehh
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2022
BankyGee:

Yeah, seriously.
It's been nominated for the Hollywood Critics Award twice now. An award body wey no dey even look CW side seff grin
I honestly had no expectations for the show...
Same as Miss Marvel...

Has anyone actually watched that Miss Marvel?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BankyGee(m): 2:42pm On Jul 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Same as Miss Marvel...

I'm watching it.
It's good also, seriously. Just check it out, I'll even be watching the last two episodes today.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
oyaskii:
Name these shows.
Yellowstone didn't even get a single nomination.

The wheel of time didn't get a nomination.

Vikings vahala is a great show.

The last kingdom.

Peaky blinders
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
DoveXlover:

The last kingdom.

Peaky blinders
Wetin you wan nominate The Wheel of Time for?

5 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BankyGee(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Same as Miss Marvel...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Antoinemercer: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2022
DoveXlover:

[/b]The wheel of time didn't get a nomination.[b]

The last kingdom.

Peaky blinders
Cant tell if you're being serious, why would that skrep be nominated for anything?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:07pm On Jul 13, 2022
DoveXlover:

The last kingdom.

Peaky blinders
WOT?? I lost faith in your list when i saw that. It was nowhere near the quality of shows that was nominated.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
Wetin you wan nominate The Wheel of Time for?
Apart from the wheel of time, what of Yellowstone and the rest?
But you know the wheel of time made streaming history on Amazon.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 3:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
oyaskii:
WOT?? I lost faith in your list when i saw that. It was nowhere near the quality of shows that was nominated.
You guys are just focused on the wheel of time.
Yellowstone was a hit back to back.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 100naira(m): 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2022
Baddestguyp:
lol...
Till this day, I cannot understand why people watch shows like Superman and Lois, The Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, The Blacklist, Arrow, etc
I can understand Blacklist a little cos it looked promising at the beginning...

For all the others, is it that they have nothing to watch?
Superman and Lois is actually a good show, reminds me of smallville in a way. Last season was solid, they mixed superman's family dynamic aka drama and his role as the man of steel quite well. This season is so far going good just that the drama meter has been dailed up a notch and I really don't care about it but understand that it's part of what makes the show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2022
I don't forking care what you think.
This woman deserves an Emmy for her role in Yellowstone.
She deserves it mehn!!!!!!!!!!

Fork the Emmy, like I've noticed that shows that are anti woke don't get nominations.
Shows that refuses to show their gayyy and lesbiannnn nonsense are being snub and i know this is why they keep ignoring Yellowstone but Damm!!!!!! Beth deserves an Emmy.
Please use your church mind to judge this issue.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
DoveXlover:
I don't forking care what you think.
This woman deserves an Emmy for her role in Yellowstone.
She deserves it mehn!!!!!!!!!!

Fork the Emmy, like I've noticed that shows that are anti woke don't get nominations.
Shows that refuses to show their gayyy and lesbiannnn nonsense are being snub and i know this is why they keep ignoring Yellowstone but Damm!!!!!! Beth deserves an Emmy.
Please use your church mind to judge this issue.
What happened to your OhBritannia account?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2022
CAPdan21:

The noms and category were evenly distributed according to the strength of each show imo, Succession just happened to be better in my of these categories hence the much noms. Why BCS had a fantastic season, it's still ongoing, same with Strangers Things that just concluded weeks ago of which tho they qualified for the this Emmy Window, there wasn't enough ample time to consider them, heck, BCS had an episode out on Monday, while Succession finished way back in December 2021. Severance, BCS and Succession were truly the best of best this window hence them slugging it out for the "Outstanding Drama category" but other areas Succession is eons above. Take for example "Supporting cast" I can only mention Patricia Arquette that had a memorable performance from "Severance " but Sarah Snook, Matthew Macfadyen, Kieran Culkin and Nicholas Braun had memorable performances....so are you begining to see why the Noms for Succession was much?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2022
DoveXlover:
You guys are just focused on the wheel of time.
Yellowstone was a hit back to back.
Yellowstone dipped after S2.... it's nowhere near the shows that was nominated in that category.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2022
Even the crown was snubbed.
This is us was snubbed.
Handmaid tale was snubbed.
Lol these people must be joking.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
This mans moniker work rate na die...from Cutemecury to OhBrittania to this....Kantè dey learn work where this egbon dey fam.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
wait, what!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BankyGee(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
Kaycee7:
Busted! grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2022
DoveXlover:
Even the crown was snubbed.
This is us was snubbed.
Handmaid tale was snubbed.
Lol these people must be joking.
You clearly don't know what you are on about.. The Crown last season was in 2020 with S4, and they were duly rewarded in the 2021 Emmy. So they should award or nominate them again in 2022 for the same S4?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2022
oyaskii:
Yellowstone dipped after S2.... it's nowhere near the shows that was nominated in that category.
You are wrong.
Search Yellowstone online and see widespread shock from people and various outlets, they expressed surprise at Emmy snub for Yellowstone and note in all four years of Yellowstone, they have only got a nomination just once.
That's unbelievable because last season of Yellowstone was a glorious hit back to back.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
DoveXlover:
You are wrong.
Search Yellowstone online and see widespread shock from people and various outlets, they expressed surprise at Emmy snub for Yellowstone and note in all four years of Yellowstone, they have only got a nomination just once.
That's unbelievable because last season of Yellowstone was a glorious hit back to back.
It is a drama... mention one show in the "outstanding drama category" that it had a better season than.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CAPdan21(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2022
oyaskii:
The noms and category were evenly distributed according to the strength of each show imo, Succession just happened to be better in my of these categories hence the much noms. Why BCS had a fantastic season, it's still ongoing, same with Strangers Things that just concluded weeks ago of which tho they qualified for the this Emmy Window, there wasn't enough ample time to consider them, heck, BCS had an episode out on Monday, while Succession finished way back in December 2021. Severance, BCS and Succession were truly the best of best this window hence them slugging it out for the "Outstanding Drama category" but other areas Succession is eons above. Take for example "Supporting cast" I can only mention Patricia Arquette that had a memorable performance from "Severance " but Sarah Snook, Matthew Macfadyen, Kieran Culkin and Nicholas Braun had memorable performances....so are you begining to see why the Noms for Succession was much?
LoL Braun had a nothing performance...I can call 10 better performance that deserve to be there, same with Smith Cameron who did nothing all season but be roman masturbation tool...And don't get me started on guest actor & actress where it got 8 nominations mostly for actors doing nothing...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DoveXlover: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2022
oyaskii:
You clearly don't know what you are on about.. The Crown last season was in 2020 with S4, and they were duly rewarded in the 2021 Emmy. So they should award or nominate them again in 2022 for the same S4?
Yes you are right, I just checked on it now new seasons of the crown will be coming out this year, including new season of the handmaid tale so there is no way they could have made the cut.
By the way next year's Emmy will be the toughest.
The boys.
Westworld
Ring of fire
House of Dragon
Handmaid tale
The crown
And many more series still coming this year.

Next year's Emmy will definitely give the organisers headache in voting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (2881) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: WHITELIGHTER, ositadima1(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.