Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,627 members, 7,878,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3613544 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2617) (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) ... (2858) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Agba2020(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Still one of the of the best arcs I've ever seen in TV history - Hunter X Hunter Chimera Ants arc

This arc posed some philosophical questions about the true nature of humanity

"We are no different from the ants...in fact we are far worse..."
Sabi guy. It always warms my heart to come across fellow lovers of Hunter x Hunter.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Agba2020(m): 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Mixed feelings about Secret Invasion

I want to watch it but I fear disappointment.
Marvel shows always disappoint me

Has anyone here seen the first episode?
Yeah, I watched the first episode. It was so-so. I don't plan on continuing. I'd rather look for something actually good to watch.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
Agba2020:

I think you can watch Fate Zero and understand what's happening just fine without watching the rest.
Fate Zero works better if you already know the story of Fate Stay Night...
Most of the concepts are better explained in Fate Stay Night so you'll understand Fate Zero right from the start
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
Agba2020:

Sabi guy. It always warms my heart to come across fellow lovers of Hunter x Hunter.
seen Hunter X Hunter twice already...
I'm still gonna rewatch sometime again
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Agba2020(m): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
abduleez1:
Love and Death.......10/10

This show is about a sleepy Texas town which bursts to life after a quiet housewife decides to have an affair with her friend's husband. All hell breaks loose after one of the friends ends up dead and the town spirals into commotion.

Not a lot of TV show or rarely any project I've given a perfect score, but this beats my mind. This would easily score a 9/10 on any one's rating system but the ending and the perfect combination of all elements/ingredients of a great TV show all came together in unison to prop up the score. It'd be a crime not to acknowledge its perfection.

The acting was GOATED, the writing was unrivalled. The Cinematography was great; drawing you in, making you feel every emotion of its subjects as well as adding to the narration. Most people usually focus on Cinematography in great action set pieces but this just shows the pinnacle of good Cinematography and how it influences storytelling.

This show had it ALL. The suspense, the sensuality (in the first 3 episodes), the emotional strain, the individuality, the character development, the acting and mannerisms, the dialogue, the drama, the intrigue, draws you into investing on almost all the characters.

The court case is easily the most engaging court case I've ever seen. The most intense and ambiguous duel. You never knew who would come out tops, the Defendant or the Prosecution. Balanced as all things should be. Nothing was assured.

The score was perfection. You could feel the individual emotion the storytelling wanted you to with just listening to the sound.
Even the opening song perfectly captures the theme and atmosphere of the show. It plugs you in directly into the storytelling of the show right from the start. So good I already plucked two songs out from the score including the opener.

Elizabeth Olsen deserves her accolades bruh including the entire cast. Brilliant fvvking performance. Elizabeth did a perfect character study and deconstruction of Candy Montgomery. I'd think Olsen was a cold blooded killer herself with such performance. That's how believable she was.
Abeg, this Lily Rabe dey act abeg. WTF!! They both murdered their roles (pun intended). 😉

Bruh, kudos gats be given to HBO cos I don't understand where and how they put together this beautiful cast. Absolute awards worthy performance they all put out in this series. I just know a few of the actors like Elizabeth, Jesse Plemmons and the Judge guy, yet the rest totally blew me away with their individual performances. All brought their A game.

HBO has cooked greatness once more!! 🙌🙌
THIS IS HANDS DOWN THE BEST TV SHOW I'VE WATCHED IN 2023.
This is what I call god tier storytelling. A fitting adaptation of what is an actual TRUE LIFE STORY.

Wow. It's that good, huh? I just might check it out.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Agba2020:
Yeah, I watched the first episode. It was so-so. I don't plan on continuing. I'd rather look for something actually good to watch.
downloaded episode 1 of Secret Invasion since...
I tried watching it and quit within a minute...

I'll probably wait for the season to end before deciding
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Predestin(m): 7:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Agba2020:

i just watched it, it's a proper proper show ,
Highly recommended
That it's a true story makes it more intresting
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
Agba2020:

It's premium good if you're into HBO brand of pristine drama, acting and storytelling.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2023
Derry girls
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Jarchi(m): 12:26am On Jun 26, 2023
Meksbig:
Derry girls

° Brodaman, is it the same "Derry girls" Fast speech, boring dialogue, story is just there, I had to delete everything after 5 episodes, it was just a sleeping dose for me. Entertainment is subjective though °
***Jarchi***

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:15am On Jun 26, 2023
Post-Peak Fiction depression cool
I experienced same in April last year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Gidah: 10:10am On Jun 26, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Still one of the of the best arcs I've ever seen in TV history - Hunter X Hunter Chimera Ants arc

This arc posed some philosophical questions about the true nature of humanity

"We are no different from the ants...in fact we are far worse..."
tho I know say king no fit survive but this picture here currently is a spoiler for me Man,I'm taking my time to watch it cos I don't want disturbance. And how do yall watch anime where people dey and don't feel somehow nobody seems to understand I end up just leaving TV for them make I no dey selfish .I use Japanese language so I gats concentrate on subtitles well. Gon na beast when he's in Para mode
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MirrorD(m): 10:34am On Jun 26, 2023
The Idol series is filled with sex, nudity and drugs usage but still highly entertaining and I love it.

8/10 in my book

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:30am On Jun 26, 2023
Gidah:
tho I know say king no fit survive but this picture here currently is a spoiler for me Man,I'm taking my time to watch it cos I don't want disturbance. And how do yall watch anime where people dey and don't feel somehow nobody seems to understand I end up just leaving TV for them make I no dey selfish .I use Japanese language so I gats concentrate on subtitles well. Gon na beast when he's in Para mode
I watch anime on my phone and laptop
I haven't watched anime on a TV screen in almost a year.

And even then, there is nothing weird about watching anime where people are.

If people around you don't watch anime, you can show them some to watch, like the ones that are easy for newbies to get into e.g Death Note, Attack on Titan, etc

I've seen many people watching anime in very public places...
We are in year 2023...anime is no longer seen as some weird japanese cartoon...

So many people watch anime...even those that don't mostly don't find it weird that people do... except for a few people

I watch anime and movies in open places...no big deal
As long as it's not some very sèxual one
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2023
Never have I ever ended on a good note but I would have liked some characters to get more screen time in the last season. Still a solid show though. I rate 75%.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
Agba2020:

You should also try Hunter x Hunter (my personal fave), Steins;Gate, Fate Zero, Rising of Shield Hero (season 1), Naruto (I personally prefer Shippuden), Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Those are the ones I can remember right now.

I've seen Steins; Gate. Don't even know why I have not seen Full Metal Alchemist. It was recommended way before AOT.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2023
🎥 The Martian (2015) = 8/10 ✔️

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2023
🎥 The Wrath Of Becky (2023) = 5.5/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Agba2020(m): 5:18pm On Jun 26, 2023
Crumbian:

I've seen Steins; Gate. Don't even know why I have not seen Full Metal Alchemist. It was recommended way before AOT.
Keep in mind that there are two Full Metal Alchemist anime series. If you're going to go for one, go for Brotherhood. It's far better than the original one and it has probably the most solid plot out of all the anime I've seen. It also has so many great characters for you to both love and hate.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:39pm On Jun 26, 2023
For Anime lovers, I have a question.

Why do animes change their theme song and end credit song halfway through the season?

I dont understand it.

Can anyone recommend a series like Hell's Paradise: jigokuraku?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2023
Watching The Idol and I'm like what was Sam Levinson and Abel Tesfaye cooking??

Shït is mainly gratuitous nudity, small tits especially Lily Rose Depp's and torture P∅Rn...

Now I know why critics and peeps truly hate it. Anyways, songs from The Weekend sounds great tho. 👀👀

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
This headline is just malicious.... 😂😂

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kendrick93(m): 7:57am On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:
Watching The Idol and I'm like what was Sam Levinson and Abel Tesfaye cooking??

Shït is mainly gratuitous nudity, small tits especially Lily Rose Depp's and torture P∅Rn...

Now I know why critics and peeps truly hate it. Anyways, songs from The Weekend sounds great tho. 👀👀
I'm enjoying the series so far.
f***k the critics..
And yeah great music from The Weeknd
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2023
kendrick93:
I'm enjoying the series so far.
f***k the critics..
And yeah great music from The Weeknd

Well, I'm enjoying the nudity and all but shït is getting boring when it's becoming overused especially when the sex_ scenes are not even that erotic in the first place since it mostly hinges on Bleep. and _psychotic tendencies.
Unless you probably have a fetish for that. 🤐🤗
The story sef ain't really solid. You can only do so much with that.

Although, some peeps seem to be overreacting.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 11:50am On Jun 27, 2023
Achilles100:
For Anime lovers, I have a question.

Why do animes change their theme song and end credit song halfway through the season?

I dont understand it.

Can anyone recommend a series like Hell's Paradise: jigokuraku?
The most clear cut reason is to denote a new cour or arc.

But there's also been speculations that it's a marketing ploy to appeal to the different music tastes of the viewers and increase the odds of them buying the soundtrack album.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2023
Jarchi:

° Brodaman, is it the same "Derry girls" Fast speech, and boring dialogue, the story is just there, I had to delete everything after 5 episodes, it was just a sleeping dose for me. Entertainment is subjective though °
***Jarchi***

Your last statement is correct. I've enjoyed every bit of it and it is painful that there are just 19 episodes.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
Kaycee7:
The most clear cut reason is to denote a new cour or arc.

But there's also been speculations that it's a marketing ploy to appeal to the different music tastes of the viewers and increase the odds of them buying the soundtrack album.

Thanks
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
abduleez1:

Well, I'm enjoying the nudity and all but shït is getting boring when it's becoming overused especially when the sex_ scenes are not even that erotic in the first place since it mostly hinges on Bleep. and _psychotic tendencies.
Unless you probably have a fetish for that. 🤐🤗
The story sef ain't really solid. You can only do so much with that.

Although, some peeps seem to be overreacting.

The problem is the actor. That guy can't act for real
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2023
Flop

No engagement or discussion about the show since episode 1 dropped

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kennedy97: 9:02pm On Jun 27, 2023
This season finale of from ended in mad suspense

The answer has been there all this time easy

How do there get out now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by hersarhn: 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Post-Peak Fiction depression cool
I experienced same in April last year
I can relate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2617) (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) ... (2858) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: lekhane(m), melicent and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.