Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,876 members, 7,876,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:06 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3609850 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) (2715) ... (2855) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
while I agree that art is subjective...I believe there is some level of objectivity to it.

A show like Breaking Bad for example is objectively good...what is subjective is how good it is ....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of a show...but others are also entitled to call them out for it...
And to ask them to defend that opinion

If you say Breaking Bad is a terrible show, then you should be able to defend that statement...
Same way if you say there is nothing good in AOT aside Mikasa, you should be able to defend that statement

That's my opinion on this matter
There is no "defence" or contrary opinion that he would tell you that will make you think otherwise, for a show that you have clearly shown 100% favouritism bias overtime, Your time on here is, 98% you praising AOT, I don't want to say 100% not to sound over the top.

Your truth and his truth can exist. AOT is the best show in history to you (valid), Mikasa is the only good thing about AOT (valid too in his own context.).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2023
abduleez1:

Dey play......

The same you that was ready to talk shït about a show iou haven't even watched and demanded reviews to tell you why you would like it??
The Wire. Remember?

Your mouth dey flow then on top something wey you never watch but now you're claiming "objectivity" on someone else's entertainment. Something wey person use him data watch and him no like am. Cos it's your favourite show now you won't let people hear word and start claiming he must defend his opinion.

This life no con funny like dis. grin grin grin grin grin
did I shît talk The Wire?

I didn't review or say The Wire was good or bad...

I said I had checked several reviews hoping for a reason to propel me to watch it...but saw nothing that propelled me to watch it...

The Wire is not the kind of show I'm into (from the little I know)...that is why I needed a reason to watch it...

I did not tràsh on The Wire. Your yourself admitted I didn't...

So how can you compare the situations
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2023
oyaskii:
There is no "defence" or contrary opinion that he would tell you that will make you think otherwise, for a show that you have clearly shown 100% favouritism bias overtime, Your time on here is, 98% you praising AOT, I don't want to say 100% not to sound over the top.

Your truth and his truth can exist. AOT is the best show in history to you (valid), Mikasa is the only good thing about AOT (valid too in his own context.).

It's not even about AOT. When people attacked other shows like Mr Robot...I said the same thing...

This thread is for series discussion...

If you say a show is bad and I think otherwise, I can as well ask you why you think so...

Most of the time I trash on series or movies or even normal criticism that I gave The Fall of the House of Usher...did I not outline all my criticisms?

I rated it highly but still outlined many problems in it.

Some people defended it but I also pointed out more issues I didn't like with it...and they also helped clarify some stuff from the source material...

Someone here trashed on a show...is it wrong for me to ask him why he said that??

If tomorrow I watch Oppenheimer and say it's bad...
Is it wrong for you to ask me why I think so?
And that way I can outline my reasons and we discuss

For me, if you say a show is bad and you cannot defend your words when called upon for it...then that is weird
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
Anyway, I just remembered that my AOT criticism + plotholes thread is still coming...

I need to wànk AOT finale for 1 week first before I post that...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
It's not even about AOT. When people attacked other shows like Mr Robot...I said the same thing...

This thread is for series discussion...

If you say a show is bad and I think otherwise, I can as well ask you why you think so...

Most of the time I trash on series or movies or even normal criticism that I gave The Fall of the House of Usher...did I not outline all my criticisms?

I rated it highly but still outlined many problems in it.

Some people defended it but I also pointed out more issues I didn't like with it...and they also helped clarify some stuff from the source material...

Someone here trashed on a show...is it wrong for me to ask him why he said that??

If tomorrow I watch Oppenheimer and say it's bad...
Is it wrong for you to ask me why I think so?
And that way I can outline my reasons and we discuss

For me, if you say a show is bad and you cannot defend your words when called upon for it...then that is weird
First off. It is 100% about AOT because that's the subject matter here.

Secondly, it is not wrong for you to ask him to drop his reasons for his opinion but on the other hand he owes you no explanation or reasons why he holds that exact view on AOT, more likely so, because of how emotional and unhinged you get when it comes to AOT.

I am thinking out loud here, if he had said that about another show, you probably wouldn't have bat an eyelid.

Final case in point: Trying to make sense of everything will lead you nowhere, because not everything will make sense or sound logical...just let it go.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:

I said I had checked several reviews hoping for a reason to propel me to watch it...but saw nothing that propelled me to watch it...

The Wire is not the kind of show I'm into (from the little I know)...that is why I needed a reason to watch it...

Your comments relating to that show was condescending that day..... More than enough to cause an argument in the thread that lasted for two pages or more.

Me myself admitted what?? grin grin

It's simple, Baba no like wetin him watch. Issues no day. Na him preference.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
Omo JJK episode today was fire 🔥🔥🔥

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2023
oyaskii:
First off. It is 100% about AOT because that's the subject matter here.

Secondly, it is not wrong for you to ask him to drop his reasons for his opinion but on the other hand he owes you no explanation or reasons why he holds that exact view on AOT, more likely so, because of how emotional and unhinged you get when it comes to AOT.

I am thinking out loud here, if he had said that about another show, you probably wouldn't have bat an eyelid.

Final case in point: Trying to make sense of everything will lead you nowhere, because not everything will make sense or sound logical...just let it go.
okay it's about AOT as you have said...no problem

Secondly, did I force him to drop his reasons? I asked him to but he didn't...
He refused to drop his criticism. He just said he's entitled to his opinion.
I cannot force him to type however his opinion holds no water if he cannot defend it

Thirdly, I have called people out for other shows...
I recommended Mr Robot here and some people dropped bad ratings...
When I asked them, all of them didn't say what was wrong with the show...

I stopped recommending Mr Robot on this thread because of that...

Finally, the same way people are free to drop random ratings or reviews...we are free to ask them why.
If you criticize something, you should be able to defend it if called out.

No be today I don dey enter arguments with people about criticism here.

If you can't defend your point, then it's worthless to anyone here...

If you say Oppenheimer is 2/10 and we ask you why and you cannot say anything, it's either you didn't understand it or you have no point. Simple...

It's not about AOT, I have people I argue both it's strength and weaknesses with...And we both bring points
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2023
abduleez1:

Your comments relating to that show was condescending that day..... More than enough to cause an argument in the thread that lasted for two pages or more.

Me myself admitted what?? grin grin

It's simple, Baba no like wetin him watch. Issues no day. Na him preference.
you yourself admitted I didn't criticize The Wire

Quoting you just now: "The same you that was ready to talk shït about a show iou haven't even watched and demanded reviews to tell you why you would like it??"

Is this not clear admission I didn't criticize the show? You said I was ready to do so...but I didn't...I said I needed reviews to see why to watch it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by descarado: 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
Aile, turkish series staring Kivanc T.
Only those who watch Turkish series will understand.
Captivating. Kivanc is showing why he is rated as number one for years in Turkish drama.

Will wait till it finish airing.

1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2023
This is funny Sha...

Someone came here to say there is nothing good about a show aside a certain character.

I asked him what he said that...

But apparently I committed a crime by asking him?

If he really thinks so about the show...why not defend his statement?

Not by force but it's basic issh to at least defend your statement
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Babamide(m): 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2023
See this thing where people watch a movie or a show and pretend to understand what is going on, I cannot do it. I have never been able to watch The Matrix and i didn't gets past the 2nd scene in Tenet.
This Bodies show, I've been on it for almost 2 weeks now. Still on episode 6 and I started and finished Gen V and about 2 other movies in-between.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you yourself admitted I didn't criticize The Wire

Quoting you just now: "The same you that was ready to talk shït about a show iou haven't even watched and demanded reviews to tell you why you would like it??"

Is this not clear admission I didn't criticize the show? You said I was ready to do so...but I didn't...I said I needed reviews to see why to watch it

I see comprehension classes is sorely needed.... 👀👀👀

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:31pm On Nov 09, 2023
Netflix be serving PREMIUM when it comes to the animation Sphere.... No Hollywood streamer comes close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgGp4IuJJD8?si=L3VcDabfZ2Gvk7L2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
abduleez1:

I see comprehension classes is sorely needed.... 👀👀👀
you said I was ready to talk shît about a show = I didn't talk shît about the show

Maybe you're the ones who didn't understand what you typed

E.g "You were ready to dance last week" = "You were ready to dance but you didn't dance"
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:09pm On Nov 09, 2023
Netflix don deliver....

This looks promising.... Na whether e follow source material go come be issue. Netflix been doing a good job with the graphics, CGI, costume and set design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJKJW_XU90?si=RrJEbc9r_zxD22sr

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:13pm On Nov 09, 2023
abduleez1:
Netflix don deliver....

was about to post it sef...
You guys are too fast...
E no even reach 7 minutes after e drop
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:15pm On Nov 09, 2023
abduleez1:
Netflix don deliver....

This looks promising.... Na whether e follow source material go come be issue. Netflix been doing a good job with the graphics, CGI, costume and set design.

Production quality looks really good...

Okay, I definitely have high hopes for this
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Carlylepneuma: 11:19pm On Nov 09, 2023
Pls risen of kenan nko been looking for it and couldn't see it I mean d season3
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:24pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
was about to post it sef...
You guys are too fast...
E no even reach 7 minutes after e drop

Dey play....

Wetin I dey wait for since yesterday.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Production quality looks really good...

Okay, I definitely have high hopes for this

I'm actually impressed....

Netflix has bodied everyone when it comes to animation/anime adaptation presently. And the gap ain't close.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:42pm On Nov 09, 2023
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:43pm On Nov 09, 2023
PEAK is upon us!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

2024 can't wait.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:19am On Nov 10, 2023
I guess it's time I joined the Band of Brothers universe. 🌚

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RWohylGm3c?si=Stkk7m-_6vjk9CuJ
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:08am On Nov 10, 2023
abduleez1:
PEAK is upon us!!! 🙌🙌🙌🙌

2024 can't wait.
See people that like me here. Not all these ones that'll announce the return of a show in 2 weeks time.
Giving me a whole year to prepare for the return of PEAK!
I rarely ever do this but a rewatch before that November is in order.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:09am On Nov 10, 2023
abduleez1:
Netflix don deliver....

They've finally gotten my attention
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 6:27am On Nov 10, 2023
abduleez1:
Netflix don deliver....

This really looks good. Even if they deviate a little from the source material, it will be acceptable if the acting, along with what you listed above is excellent. Make dem help clear that 2010 abomination from person memory

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2023
abduleez1:

Dey play......

The same you that was ready to talk shït about a show iou haven't even watched and demanded reviews to tell you why you would like it??
The Wire. Remember?

Your mouth dey flow then on top something wey you never watch but now you're claiming "objectivity" on someone else's entertainment. Something wey person use him data watch and him no like am. Cos it's your favourite show now you won't let people hear word and start claiming he must defend his opinion.

This life no con funny like dis. grin grin grin grin grin

You dey mind am? Lol
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 7:12am On Nov 10, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Not just The Wire, you talked shit about Arcane. For the record, I prefer Arcane to AOT 100%. No get chest pain abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2023
zoroby:

Not just The Wire, you talked shit about Arcane. For the record, I prefer Arcane to AOT 100%. No get chest pain abeg
but I watched Arcane.

So what is your point? Wetin concern me with what you prefer?

And I didn't talk shît about The Wire. Stop making me repeat myself
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2023
abduleez1:

Dey play....

Wetin I dey wait for since yesterday.
the trailer was worth the wait guy...

The only thing I'm wondering is why we were only shown visuals and not character dialogue considering it's not too long before it's released
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2023
abduleez1:

I'm actually impressed....

Netflix has bodied everyone when it comes to animation/anime adaptation presently. And the gap ain't close.
I don't know if it's just me...

But the production quality looks even higher than One Piece

(1) (2) (3) ... (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) (2715) ... (2855) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: joseph1832(m), ScarredTaurus(m), tapingil(m), Niok and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.