Stats: 3,161,870 members, 7,848,537 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 04:57 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3565715 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) ... (2831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 5:49pm On May 18
Ballzproblem2:
There's nothing romantic about this 3rd season of bridgerton ,that Penelope is just fat for my liking no offense.

can't wait to be done with this season.

Lol grin
You not enjoying it but you still want to be done with it
πŸ€­πŸ˜‚
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:23pm On May 18
Really?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bongadu: 7:48pm On May 18
?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 11:21pm On May 18
I just finished watching demon slayer: entertainment district arc. Boy, I thought rengoku and akaza's battle was great but Uzui vs the upper six demon was even better.

I'm starting to think that the demon slayer corps are actually useless. Michael Jackson probably can destroy them all if he wants to. Why is he not doing that though. Just look at how strong an upper six demon is.

Now, is Rengoku more powerful than Uzui? I mean fought very well against an upper three demon and almost kill him.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:32am On May 19
Crumbian:
I just finished watching demon slayer: entertainment district arc. Boy, I thought rengoku and akaza's battle was great but Uzui vs the upper six demon was even better.

I'm starting to think that the demon slayer corps are actually useless. Michael Jackson probably can destroy them all if he wants to. Why is he not doing that though. Just look at how strong an upper six demon is.
Muzan is a coward, though. Man's not risking his neck taking a fight to the DS corps cos he fears a possibility where either a corps member is powerful enough to either kill him or stall him till sunrise.
There's a reason most demons rarely go on the attack and instead maintain home field advantage. Even last season when they raided the Swordsmiths village, it was on the assumption that no Hashira was there.

Now, is Rengoku more powerful than Uzui? I mean fought very well against an upper three demon and almost kill him.
Yeah. That's the popular opinion.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 7:30am On May 19
Ballzproblem2:
There's nothing romantic about this 3rd season of bridgerton ,that Penelope is just fat for my liking no offense.

Bro that's you! First off, I was bothered about about her weight but watching the trailers made me realise how gorgeous she is. She is so beautiful!

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Ballzproblem2: 9:41am On May 19
Illusioneffect:

Bro that's you! First off, I was bothered about about her weight but watching the trailers made me realise how gorgeous she is. She is so beautiful!
if you are fat you no fit fine for my eye,but to each their own.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:44am On May 19
Tsukauchi was too real for this

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:59am On May 19
"Chernobyl" 2019.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth, and sooner or later, that debt is paid".

Valery Legasov at the Chernobyl Disaster Inquiry hearing.

It's like HBO has really hacked this mini series thing cuz i am in total awe of how well made this was. This tells an impressive historical account of Chernobyl Disaster, the subsequent clean up efforts and the cover up by the Soviet Union to downplay the true extent of the crisis, inadvertently leading to the break up of the USSR.

Although some aspects of the show was fictionalized for dramatic effects, but the account and delivery was so vivid, and the horrors of a nuclear disaster is laid bare in an emotionally charged 5 episodes. So good that you wouldn't even notice the show wasn't in the native language, and the cast were infact almost entirely British.

Ever since i learnt basic Physics, the dangers of Nuclear Power has never been lost on me. It is perhaps the cleanest energy there is, as a few kg of nuclear charged particles could power a whole city with minimal fuss, but again it can be harness for so many other things, some good and some evil. After WW II, the world had now known the dangers of a Nuclear weapon in a armed conflict. The disaster, isn't like chemical bombs, that just destroys buildings and call it a day, some radioactive elements that, are used in making weapons have a very stable half life that could range from a few years to thousands of years, or even millions of years!. A small yield of a nuclear weapon could obliterate a whole city within seconds, every person, every animal, every plant, every microorganisms...I mean everything, gone in a flash!., that is even the short term effect, longer term effects include, Acute radiation poison, cancers, change in DNA sequences, for even people far away from the ground zero and making such places inhabitable for years and years. The city of "Pripyat", which was ground zero for the Chernobyl disaster, is still a desert waste land and unfit for living even till this day, because of the acute radiation still present, some 30 years plus, after the disaster.

There is a treaty that protects everyone from Nuclear weapon from been used in an armed conflict, but i fear the world is been pushed further and further into a point where a nuclear weapon is used. Countries with mentally unstable leaders like Iran and North Korea, can seemingly arm and enrich nuclear materials at will, Russia and Ukraine, Israel and Hamas/Palestine are been drawn to endless battles for months and years now, without a end in site, and countries like the USA that are supposed to be suing for peace, and send billions in aid and military relief to these nations, to fuel these wars, i fear we are at the brink.

Back to the show. The fantastic attention to detail and impeccable delivery from a talented cast makes this one of the best series ever made and it been one of the highest rated show ever on IMDB, doesn't it flatter. it was able to hold a high level of suspense and grim even the though the story is so well known...Just a brilliant brilliant piece of Tv Drama

A true all timer
⭐

9/10.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 11:48am On May 19
oyaskii:
"Chernobyl" 2019.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth, and sooner or later, that debt is paid".

It's like HBO has really hacked this mini series thing cuz i am in total awe of how well made this was. This tells an impressive historical account of Chernobyl Disaster, the subsequent clean up efforts and the cover up by the Soviet Union to downplay the true extent of the crisis, inadvertently leading to the break up of the USSR.

Although some aspects of the show was fictionalized for dramatic effects, but the account and delivery was so vivid, and the horrors of a nuclear disaster is laid bare in an emotionally charged 5 episodes. So good that you wouldn't even notice the show wasn't in the native language, and the cast were infact almost entirely British.

Ever since i learnt basic Physics, the dangers of Nuclear Power has never been lost on me. It is perhaps the cleanest energy there is, as a few kg of nuclear charged particles could power a whole city with minimal fuss, but again it can be harness for so many other things, some good and some evil. After WW II, the world had now known the dangers of a Nuclear weapon in a armed conflict. The disaster, isn't like chemical bombs, that just destroys buildings and call it a day, some radioactive elements that, are used in making weapons have a very stable half life that could range from a few years to thousands of years, or even millions of years!. A small yield of a nuclear weapon could obliterate a whole city within seconds, every person, every animal, every plant, every microorganisms...I mean everything, gone in a flash!., that is even the short term effect, longer term effects include, Acute radiation poison, cancers, change in DNA sequences, for even people far away from the ground zero and making such places inhabitable for years and years. The city of "Pripyat", which was ground zero for the Chernobyl disaster, is still a desert waste land and unfit for living even till this day, because of the acute radiation still present, some 30 years plus, after the disaster.

There is a treaty that protects everyone from Nuclear weapon from been used in an armed conflict, but i fear the world is been pushed further and further into a point where a nuclear weapon is used. Countries with mentally unstable leaders like Iran and North Korea, can seemingly arm and enrich nuclear materials at will, Russia and Ukraine, Israel and Hamas/Palestine are been drawn to endless battles for months and years now, without a end in site, and countries like the USA that are supposed to be suing for peace, and send billions in aid and military relief to these nations, to fuel these wars, i fear we are at the brink.

Back to the show. The fantastic attention to detail and impeccable delivery from a talented cast makes this one of the best series ever made and it been one of the highest rated show ever on IMDB, doesn't it flatter. it was able to hold a high level of suspense and grim even the though the story is so well known...Just a brilliant brilliant piece of Tv Drama

A true all timer
⭐

9/10.

the show was meh - not great - not terrible

just shit posting - it was FANTASTIC!
complete with full frontal nudity of the ideal male form!
and Stellan SkarsgΓ₯rd went as hard as he did in andor

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 12:54pm On May 19
Ballzproblem2:
if you are fat you no fit fine for my eye,but to each their own.
Exactly
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:18pm On May 19
Berserk Fan-made trailer for the Fan-made adaptation by Studio Eclipse...

Berserk fans got tired of waiting for a good adaptation that they crowd-funded and decided to make theirs... grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpdMcgbE2uY?si=UGZ1bCpd16xvBTPF
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:12pm On May 19
πŸŽ₯ Mother's Instinct (2024) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

A good watch but it felt rushed. Anne and Jessica are both pretty but too old and dry. I love pale looking blondes & redheads.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:14pm On May 19
πŸŽ₯ Challengers (2024) = 6/10 βœ”οΈ ❀️

Zendaya must be a boring individual in real life. How the hell did she end up as an actress.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:45pm On May 19
oyaskii:
"Chernobyl" 2019.

A true all timer
⭐

9/10.

A Masterpiece show by all metrics available. After watching this show I acknowledge the total dominance of PREMIUM TV that is HBO. Premium cast all through, superb storytelling and production design and quality. Na once I binge watch this genius inside midnight that year. Got properly lectured how premium storytelling will make you easily forget action.

One of the major reasons I dey laff if I hear person say HBO are not masters of Mini series. HBO is the only network that can use a new miniseries to pack all the major awards available in one night even without their biggest franchises. Awards wey this show pack that year ehn, then there's Lovecraft Country, The White Lotus and Watchmen. The pedigree long no be today.

As for the dangers of nuclear energy, well things are better managed this era than before. And the Soviets were pretty reckless with that incident.
The 2011 Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan in the aftermath of the Tsunami comes to mind. I heard it's gearing back to operation this year or so. Nuclear is by far the cleanest energy available with gargantuan yield and with time the technology is being improved upon. The biggest issue is radiation. On that front I'm hearing the human race is progressing on Nuclear Fusion which is even way cleaner and safer in terms of radiation in comparison to Fission tech we are currently using. Let's see how it goes.

Atomic energy would be one energy mix I would have liked Nigeria to explore. All this epileptic and unreliable power supply go massively reduce (although that's if the useless grid is overhauled for modern capacity demands). The nuclear power plants deal with Russia some years back be like audio. grin grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by olulove(m): 6:40pm On May 19
Hello boss. Kindly assist with site where I can download all this latest series from...Thank you.
OhBritannia:
Shogun episodes 1 and 2 is a solid 9/10 for me.
Anyone that understands politics in the government and the world of politicians will see how shogun is currently the best series released so far in 2024.

The deep, dark politics in the episodes two and then the combination with ancient Japanese culture, religion, people, international ally in Portugal and Spain and then England coming in from the opposite angle to be the savior.
When you mentally digest all these together and what is about to come, then you will now realize how watching shogun is like having sex in a very cold rainy day with your celebrity crush.

I just can't wait for more episodes to drop because all hell is about to break loose.

This is one of the most mature series that has been released in a very long time.

You have to be focused to understand what you are watching.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 8:34pm On May 19
oyaskii:
"Chernobyl" 2019.
A true all timer[/i] ⭐

9/10.
What would you compare the mini series to? I've always wanted to watch it but I didn't enjoy the first episode and never proceeded further
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 8:35pm On May 19
abduleez1:

A Masterpiece show by all metrics available. After watching this show I acknowledge the total dominance of PREMIUM TV that is HBO. Premium cast all through, superb storytelling and production design and quality. Na once I binge watch this genius inside midnight that year. Got properly lectured how premium storytelling will make you easily forget action.

One of the major reasons I dey laff if I hear person say HBO are not masters of Mini series. HBO is the only network that can use a new miniseries to pack all the major awards available in one night even without their biggest franchises. Awards wey this show pack that year ehn, then there's Lovecraft Country, The White Lotus and Watchmen. The pedigree long no be today.

As for the dangers of nuclear energy, well things are better managed this era than before. And the Soviets were pretty reckless with that incident.
The 2011 Fukushima nuclear accident in Japan in the aftermath of the Tsunami comes to mind. I heard it's gearing back to operation this year or so. Nuclear is by far the cleanest energy available with gargantuan yield and with time the technology is being improved upon. The biggest issue is radiation. On that front I'm hearing the human race is progressing on Nuclear Fusion which is even way cleaner and safer in terms of radiation in comparison to Fission tech we are currently using. Let's see how it goes.

Atomic energy would be one energy mix I would have liked Nigeria to explore. All this epileptic and unreliable power supply go massively reduce (although that's if the useless grid is overhauled for modern capacity demands). The nuclear power plants deal with Russia some years back be like audio. grin grin
What other mini series did HBO makeπŸ‘€ because White Lotus is overhyped and Watchmen was mid. Netflix makes awesome mini series better in my opinion. Beef is an award winner, Maid, Midnight Mass, The Fall of the House of Usher, Inventing Anna, The Haunting of Hill House, When they See Us are all award winners too and it's not even close
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:28am On May 20
GloriousGbola:

the show was meh - not great - not terrible

just shit posting - it was FANTASTIC!
complete with full frontal nudity of the ideal male form!
and Stellan SkarsgΓ₯rd went as hard as he did in andor
You totally had me at that first line ngl πŸ˜…πŸ˜….

Stellan SkarsgΓ₯rd is just a fantastic actor, he basically just slip into any role. No wonder he birthed offsprings, that are just as good as him in acting.

Nuclear blast and all that, Radioactive materials everywhere, and these men didn't care, they went full frontal, because of i quote "heat", naah i salute their Valor πŸ––πŸΏ.

And do you have a cache of memes or a meme generator πŸ˜…πŸ˜©? How do you always have all these memes handy?πŸ˜…

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:49am On May 20
abduleez1:

Bro, Mini series aside, Have you noticed how HBO shows, are always Clean. Like from seeing the opening sequence, everything just looks sharp and in order. I opened White Lotus S2 the other, and it was just so beautiful to look at. Them sabi this show production thingy die. Probably why they are one of the most awarded Network at the Emmys.

I don't even mind Nuclear Power being used to drive turbines for electricity. It is clean and great for the environment.

It is the potential arming and usage for military purposes that has me shaken. USA still actively has like 5000 Nuclear war heads, Russia may have even more. Smaller nations like North Korea and Iran, have also start gathering these Nuclear war heads, with nobody ready to decommission its. I just hope there isn't a point they decide to use it for any reason.

Nigeria?? Nuclear Plant?? Abeg Abeg Abeg! 😭😩. We can't even maintain roads, heck, we have four refineries that have been out of commission for years, that we are still struggling to put just one online. Bro, our maintenance culture is next to zero coupled with brazen corruption is just a bad mix for a potential Nuclear Power Plant. Nuclear reactions are so fast, and gives high yield energy levels in such a short time, that there's no room to correct any mistakes once it happens. Nigeria is too unstable for Nuclear energy at the moment, so make we just dey manage our Kainji Dam dey go 😭

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 6:50am On May 20
olulove:
Hello boss. Kindly assist with site where I can download all this latest series from...Thank you.
Nkiri dot com.
Change the dot to the normal dot "." sign.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:55am On May 20
Illusioneffect:

What would you compare the mini series to? I've always wanted to watch it but I didn't enjoy the first episode and never proceeded further
It's like other good historical mini series but probably better in terms of general production design and casting.

I wouldn't say the first episode started slow, but it picked up pace once the Nuclear blast happened.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:12am On May 20
Bongadu:
?
what's the question mark for
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:15am On May 20
They are just acting bla bla blah. Dey whine yourself o. You see them French kiss on TV. But yeah ACTING πŸ˜‚ and BTW this is Zendaya

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by cao(f): 5:29pm On May 20
Dead Boy Detectives.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:06pm On May 20
oyaskii:

Bro, Mini series aside, Have you noticed how HBO shows, are always Clean. Like from seeing the opening sequence, everything just looks sharp and in order. I opened White Lotus S2 the other, and it was just so beautiful to look at. Them sabi this show production thingy die. Probably why they are one of the most awarded Network at the Emmys.

I don't even mind Nuclear Power being used to drive turbines for electricity. It is clean and great for the environment.

It is the potential arming and usage for military purposes that has me shaken. USA still actively has like 5000 Nuclear war heads, Russia may have even more. Smaller nations like North Korea and Iran, have also start gathering these Nuclear war heads, with nobody ready to decommission its. I just hope there isn't a point they decide to use it for any reason.

Nigeria?? Nuclear Plant?? Abeg Abeg Abeg! 😭😩. We can't even maintain roads, heck, we have four refineries that have been out of commission for years, that we are still struggling to put just one online. Bro, our maintenance culture is next to zero coupled with brazen corruption is just a bad mix for a potential Nuclear Power Plant. Nuclear reactions are so fast, and gives high yield energy levels in such a short time, that there's no room to correct any mistakes once it happens. Nigeria is too unstable for Nuclear energy at the moment, so make we just dey manage our Kainji Dam dey go 😭

Yeah, I noticed too HBO has got clean AF production value. That's why one gets easily addicted to their craft.

On Nuclear warheads, Iran doesn't have its own atomic weapons yet. Reason why Israel is hell bent on destroying their nuclear program before that weapon surfaces. If not Israel won't be so ballsy attacking Iran military installations.
Yep, Russia has about 10,000 if not increased to 15k now. And China is rapidly increasing theirs.
As for use, I doubt any country will be stupid enough to use it on anyone no matter the situation. Iran and N. Korea might be fickle but I doubt their leaders are crazy enough to use a nuke on someone. It's basically asking for non existence in this realm. The only ones I believe can effectively use nukes with lesser catastrophic blowouts is the likes of Russia and US with the capability of low yield atomic bombs. It can be tactically used for a smaller target area compared to conventional standard atomic bombs.

Lmfao on Nigeria and it's Kainji Dam. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Honestly I don't know when these govt personnel decides to be serious with our power. For me I might say the big push on building roads and rail should be focused more on the grid electricity and energy diversification/penetration into gas (both for cooking, transportation and industrial).
I still somewhat don't understand why Nigeria doesn't put much value on Solar energy in large capacity. Cos the way I see solar panels being way cheaper due to Chinese overcapacity in the news everyday makes me wonder if it is somewhat even cheaper to build and maintain than our hydro electric dams. And it most likely would be faster to set up.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 9:50pm On May 20
Season 1. Proper 8/10 weird asss show. Neil Patrick man. No words.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:45pm On May 20
abduleez1:

Yeah, I noticed too HBO has got clean AF production value. That's why one gets easily addicted to their craft.

On Nuclear warheads, Iran doesn't have its own atomic weapons yet. Reason why Israel is hell bent on destroying their nuclear program before that weapon surfaces. If not Israel won't be so ballsy attacking Iran military installations.
Yep, Russia has about 10,000 if not increased to 15k now. And China is rapidly increasing theirs.
As for use, I doubt any country will be stupid enough to use it on anyone no matter the situation. Iran and N. Korea might be fickle but I doubt their leaders are crazy enough to use a nuke on someone. It's basically asking for non existence in this realm. The only ones I believe can effectively use nukes with lesser catastrophic blowouts is the likes of Russia and US with the capability of low yield atomic bombs. It can be tactically used for a smaller target area compared to conventional standard atomic bombs.

Lmfao on Nigeria and it's Kainji Dam. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Honestly I don't know when these govt personnel decides to be serious with our power. For me I might say the big push on building roads and rail should be focused more on the grid electricity and energy diversification/penetration into gas (both for cooking, transportation and industrial).
I still somewhat don't understand why Nigeria doesn't put much value on Solar energy in large capacity. Cos the way I see solar panels being way cheaper due to Chinese overcapacity in the news everyday makes me wonder if it is somewhat even cheaper to build and maintain than our hydro electric dams. And it most likely would be faster to set up.

Okay Good. As long as no nobody is trigger happy to nuke anybody or thing, I'm good

Yess! Solar Energy seems like the best possibility for better and stable power solution here, most especially because we are in a tropical zone but as usual the government is not proactive. We still rely on structures built years ago for power. To put things in perspective, China's average power production is currently about 600 million terawatts whilst we, this hell hole of a country produces, a meagre 5000 megawatts, meaning, China produces about 118 million times the power we produce, and that 5000 megawatts is on a good day on cuz most times it drops, that's the amount of power that the government expects about 200m plus people to use to progress 😩. The funny thing is that Most of China's power is generated from coal, which we have abundantly here, infact go to some places in Enugu, before you dig 3ft, you are already swimming in coal!, but we have bums as leaders.

Without constant Power, you can't grow a "genuine wealthy" economy, it is simply not possible. During my post grad, my food chemistry Professor used to tell us, how he kept meat samples at a particular subzero temperature at a lab in Michigan state University, and he went back years after, the meat samples were still intact years after, just like he had left them!, in contrast, i kept my research samples in my department's lab freezer, only to come back to spoilt samples, some few weeks after because no constant power and the gen they have can't power the freezer.

Bro, I can't stress it enough, i genuinely hate it here 😩😭.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by sanpipita(m): 8:59am On May 21
Ballzproblem2:

Has it been released
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by geezyk(m): 10:20am On May 21
oyaskii:
"Chernobyl" 2019.

Wow! I'm surprised you just watched Chernobyl.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Maxxim: 10:55am On May 21
blingxx:
Ministry of ungentlemanly warfare 7.5/10

Guy Ritchie is just British tarantino, surprised how much they gave Yoruba people so much recognition in this movie grin
Their wack accent
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 12:44pm On May 21
geezyk:
Wow! I'm surprised you just watched Chernobyl.
lol why are you surprised? I have had it even since it dropped tho, but it is stored in a secondary drive, which i really go to, and just go there once in a while to pull up classics like this.

Plus i am a big believer of letting potential banger tv shows/movies marinate long enough before i see them, heightens my appetite for it, the longer it stays.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2823) (2824) (2825) (2826) (2827) (2828) (2829) ... (2831) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101