Stats: 3,192,397 members, 7,947,668 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2868) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3725117 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) ... (2904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 7:01pm On Jul 11
I swear I hate it so much. These days you wait for 2 years plus to get 8 episodes. When you've probably forgotten everything that happened in the previous season. Lazy fkers

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaczynski: 7:05pm On Jul 11
vikings of vahalla s3 don comot

? omo
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11
Interview with the vampire season 1 is a solid 7/10 for me.
I love the way the stories in this series were very detailed, it was like you are reading a book.
I must say this is the second best vampire series i have seen after The originals.

The introduction of the girl called Claudia gave the series a meaning and a purpose, at first i was like angry at her character but with time she bacame my favorite.

With the way the season one ended, i have to bingewatch the season 2 ASAP, i want answers to all my questions and one of my questions is what happened to Claudia.?
I kind of have a soft spot for her.
Thank heavens, i have dowaloded the season 2 already so tonight, i will start watching.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:25pm On Jul 11
Chibudollar:
I swear I hate it so much. These days you wait for 2 years plus to get 8 episodes. When you've probably forgotten everything that happened in the previous season. Lazy fkers
This is why i don't watch weekly releases of episodes of a series anymore.
I rather wait till all episodes are dropped and then bingewatch, it is more fulfilling to me that way.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11
Vikings Valhalla season 3 is out and all episodes have been dropped.
This is what i was talking about, if you are going to make us wait for a year to 3 years before giving us a new season of just 8 episodes, atleast drop all the episodes at onces.
It only makes sense this way.
How can we wait for 2 years for a series and then expect us to use 2 months to watch the series?
Nah!!!! There is no fun in it.
Anyways kudos to neflix for staying true to the normal format.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 8:16pm On Jul 11
OhBritannia:
I love the way the stories in this series were very detailed, it was like you are reading a book.
I must say this is the second best vampire series i have seen after The originals.

The introduction of the girl called Claudia gave the series a meaning and a purpose, at first i was like angry at her character but with time she bacame my favorite.

With the way the season one ended, i have to bingewatch the season 2 ASAP, i want answers to all my questions and one of my questions is what happened to Claudia.?
Thank heavens, i have dowaloded the season 2 already so tonight, i will start watching.
is the show about gayy vampires? Because I saw something like that on Twitter. Not too sure though

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by majesticguy: 8:28pm On Jul 11
The Boys S4E7.

And it keeps getting better, a solid 8/10 for me.

The script writer of The Boys will never make heaven, wahalli what is this, MM has finally joined the crew.

MM: (To Butcher) How about you kneel down and I'll knight you with my di..ck. grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ProverbBaelish: 9:10pm On Jul 11
Chibudollar:
I felt the same way too but then when I figured out how difficult it is to make movies - i was surprised by how they could even make a movie in less than 2 years. Sitcoms are easy to make just because it has to do just do with writing and filming - production costs are not so much. Shows like Friends, Seinfeld and also comedy movies without many locations can be pulled off in 5 months or less. But streaming shows and movies with genres like fantasy, action and sci-fi have really large production cost, vfx cost, scouting cost, etc. I'll break it down:
1. Writing - Shows like this with a canon like Stranger Things, Westworld, Game of Thrones, Severance all take up at least 4 months to write and even up to a year for re-writes. Sometimes, they have to wait until the streaming company approve another season before they can start writing again
2. Determine Pre-production Budget and Wrap Crew Costs
3. Break Down the Script and List the Expenses
4. Scout for Locations -
that could take three months minimum
5. Build Sets - in House of the Dragon - they built a full city, they also built Harrenhall - you can imagine the months it takes to build that, hire architect that has to draw up everything first, try to make adjustment that the director goes through and make some changes before they build, they built the sewer - the blood and cheese scene.
5. Filming - that could take 6 months minimum
6. Editing
7. VFX
8. Post production

Sometimes reshoots!
you can imagine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asX8elKftVU?si=sS-6wulc9fjOoTbk

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 10:16pm On Jul 11
This episode of the boys should have been the 3rd or 4th episode Atleast but instead we getting it in episode 7 and I'm supposed to be happy.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joseph1832(m): 10:23pm On Jul 11
Chibudollar:
is the show about gayy vampires? Because I saw something like that on Twitter. Not too sure though
it has LGBTQ written allover it. You just have to skip all the nonsense and focus on the plot. It's mighty interesting and thought provoking.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by QueenNyakim: 12:15am On Jul 12
Just saw Horizon: An American Saga Chapter One.

Longest goddamn western I have seen (3 hours). The start was so sluggish and female and villains so one-dimensional, I fell asleep. And none of the three self contained stories really connected or intertwined at all in the end.

The Harder They Fall is a vastly superior Western film.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Leemzyy(f): 12:17am On Jul 12
Spongebob!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Leemzyy(f): 12:19am On Jul 12
OhBritannia:

Let me and babangbali come and join you in watching so that you won't fear
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:18am On Jul 12
Leemzyy:
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:19am On Jul 12
Chibudollar:
main cast is gayy but if you can skip past it, it's a very interesting show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 5:40am On Jul 12
The boys s4e7

I don't know how A-train is planning to hide his family from the seven Omoh.. Frenchie remain the most useless person in this season to me, homelander already failed by firing Sage because of brezz grin, Sage screwing two idiot will forever be funny.. Says alot about a relationship life, she doesn't give emotion just pleasure whenever she feels like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Leemzyy(f): 6:18am On Jul 12
OhBritannia:
Damn serious
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:32am On Jul 12
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:06am On Jul 12
ProverbBaelish:

I felt the same way too but then when I figured out how difficult it is to make movies - i was surprised by how they could even make a movie in less than 2 years. Sitcoms are easy to make just because it has to do just do with writing and filming - production costs are not so much. Shows like Friends, Seinfeld and also comedy movies without many locations can be pulled off in 5 months or less. But streaming shows and movies with genres like fantasy, action and sci-fi have really large production cost, vfx cost, scouting cost, etc. I'll break it down:
1. Writing - Shows like this with a canon like Stranger Things, Westworld, Game of Thrones, Severance all take up at least 4 months to write and even up to a year for re-writes. Sometimes, they have to wait until the streaming company approve another season before they can start writing again
2. Determine Pre-production Budget and Wrap Crew Costs
3. Break Down the Script and List the Expenses
4. Scout for Locations -
that could take three months minimum
5. Build Sets - in House of the Dragon - they built a full city, they also built Harrenhall - you can imagine the months it takes to build that, hire architect that has to draw up everything first, try to make adjustment that the director goes through and make some changes before they build, they built the sewer - the blood and cheese scene.
5. Filming - that could take 6 months minimum
6. Editing
7. VFX
8. Post production

Sometimes reshoots!
you can imagine!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asX8elKftVU?si=sS-6wulc9fjOoTbk
Weren't we getting GOT every year from 2011 to 2017 at the very least?. Fact is, it can be done if they set thier mind to it. Showrunners just like to tinker with production these days too much for reasons that are most times less beneficial to the quality of the show itself, more like how the show is perceived by the woke crowd with brittle ears and eyes that will complain at every silly thing. All the redos and rewrite are unnecessary most times. It can't be that the actors has busy schedules, The lead from Severance, Adam Scott, hasn't been in anything new since season 1 ended to the best of my knowledge. I do animation and very little vfx on the side, and i tell you, 90% of the work is done by the computer, the VFX guy just needs to have a design planned and the computer renders within a month or 2 for the low sequence VFX used in majority of shows, except your are talking about hand drawn VFX for complex animations like they have in Pixar movies or Spiderman:ATSV, those could take years to render, because of how complex they are, and how difficult it would be to piece, frame by frame at 30fps which is the industry standard, but there is no way the VFX for a show like Severance, should run into months.

They can even do simul shoot for various seasons, by post production takes place later, to hasten things, "The Bear" had a simul shoot for S3 and 4, and these brothers have promised me a new season every june for the past 3 years...This is a proper show.

The disadvantages of these long intervals between seasons is that fans are easily weaned off the hype of the show, as it stands now, I really don't give a flying toss how Strangers Things end, these oloriburuku people are splitting the final season into 2 parts to start 2025 and end in 2026, meaning they have taken 10 years to make just 5 seasons. The leads started out as pre teens in High School, and the plot actually revovled round this, and at this moment, one of the leads is actually even a married woman!. Netflix unnecessarily holding on to the show for relevancy because it's one of their biggest titles and nothing more.

Bro, this isn't a sustainable way to make shows in a long term if they aim to provide any sort of reward value for the people that see these shows.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 9:34am On Jul 12
oyaskii:
Weren't we getting GOT every year from 2011 to 2017 at the very least?. Fact is, it can be done if they set thier mind to it. Showrunners just like to tinker with production these days too much for reasons that are most times less beneficial to the quality of the show itself, more like how the show is perceived by the woke crowd with brittle ears and eyes that will complain at every silly thing. All the redos and rewrite are unnecessary most times. It can't be that the actors has busy schedules, The lead from Severance, Adam Scott, hasn't been in anything new since season 1 ended to the best of my knowledge. I do animation and very little vfx on the side, and i tell you, 90% of the work is done by the computer, the VFX guy just needs to have a design planned and the computer renders within a month or 2 for the low sequence VFX used in majority of shows, except your are talking about hand drawn VFX for complex animations like they have in Pixar movies or Spiderman:ATSV, those could take years to render, because of how complex they are, and how difficult it would be to piece, frame by frame at 30fps which is the industry standard, but there is no way the VFX for a show like Severance, should run into months.

They can even do simul shoot for various seasons, by post production takes place later, to hasten things, "The Bear" had a simul shoot for S3 and 4, and these brothers have promised me a new season every june for the past 3 years...This is a proper show.

The disadvantages of these long intervals between seasons is that fans are easily weaned off the hype of the show, as it stands now, I really don't give a flying toss how Strangers Things end, these oloriburuku people are splitting the final season into 2 parts to start 2025 and end in 2026, meaning they have taken 10 years to make just 5 seasons. The leads started out as pre teens in High School, and the plot actually revovled round this, and at this moment, one of the leads is actually even a married woman!. Netflix unnecessarily holding on to the show for relevancy because it's one of their biggest titles and nothing more.

Bro, this isn't a sustainable way to make shows in a long term if they aim to provide any sort of reward value for the people that see these shows.
lmaoooooo. 5 seasons in 10 years is just crazy. Like no reason at all for it to be taking that long. I remember watching Supernatural back then and they were dropping seasons back to back every year, and this was even 22 episodes per season not this 8 episodes they be dropping this days.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 9:40am On Jul 12
oyaskii:
Weren't we getting GOT every year from 2011 to 2017 at the very least?. Fact is, it can be done if they set thier mind to it.

That's not true for GOT. Game of Thrones is a peculiar case. First off - production design was totally alike in 6 seasons so they didn't need to recreate sets. VFX was made by just one company unlike most other shows. It was so popular that HBO didn't need to greenlit the show before they started production - most of the production team was in house. Also GOT started in 2011 - things were very different then- it was not made as a streaming show - you'll realise the show production value increased over time
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:36am On Jul 12
Illusioneffect:

That's not true for GOT. Game of Thrones is a peculiar case. First off - production design was totally alike in 6 seasons so they didn't need to recreate sets. VFX was made by just one company unlike most other shows. It was so popular that HBO didn't need to greenlit the show before they started production - most of the production team was in house. Also GOT started in 2011 - things were very different then- it was not made as a streaming show - you'll realise the show production value increased over time
and between S1 and S2 of HOTD, the production design set is totally different right? Is that what you are trying to say? Oh please. There is no valid reason for HOTD seasons to have a year interval and it's only the Dragons that are sparsely shown that even require heavy VFX work, the other effects are basically green room effects.

I can listen to fantasy shows taking time, so what is the excuse for drama shows? or sci fi shows that require very little vfx input?

The fact remains, the longer they hold on to these shows, the more relevancy and merch they can sponge off these shows, them not been able to make it as quickly as possible because of the reasons you stated are far from it, is very far from it. I listened to a pod on show making sometime ago, and I got to know that showrunners back in the day, already have a plan for the writing of the show from start to finish, making them easier to film between years.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BABANGBALI: 10:49am On Jul 12
Leemzyy:
e be like sey party dey hungry you?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Doctee: 11:41am On Jul 12
Haha the serpent queen since
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Leemzyy(f): 12:20pm On Jul 12
BABANGBALI:
e be like sey party dey hungry you?
Whats party?the name of the movie?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12
oyaskii:
and between S1 and S2 of HOTD, the production design set is totally different right? Is that what you are trying to say? Oh please. There is no valid reason for HOTD seasons to have a year interval and it's only the Dragons that are sparsely shown that even require heavy VFX work, the other effects are basically green room effects.

I can listen to fantasy shows taking time, so what is the excuse for drama shows? or sci fi shows that require very little vfx input?

The fact remains, the longer they hold on to these shows, the more relevancy and merch they can sponge off these shows, them not been able to make it as quickly as possible because of the reasons you stated are far from it, is very far from it. I listened to a pod on show making sometime ago, and I got to know that showrunners back in the day, already have a plan for the writing of the show from start to finish, making them easier to film between years.

Wtf are you saying? So you don't see a difference between HoTD S1 and S2? They're how many locations in S1 and S2? How many VFX shots for dragons and dragon battles did you seen in S1. They had to create Harrenhal, Winterfell, the Vale, they built a full city for Kings Landing, they built a fully functioning sewer which took months to create, you think that's easy. Do you know how many years it also took to make HoTD S1? More than 2 years.
Because of the workload for Dragon shots and SFX - they had to bring in thousands of extras, create new sets. You should know the problems it comes with making sets and production expenses

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Miggs(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12
Over The Garden Wall

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 5:33pm On Jul 12
The Bear

Episode 1: Just scenic shoots, and beautiful food, reminds me of Scavenger Reign

Episode 2: Shouting, shouting, shouting, and argument, argument, argument.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 5:35pm On Jul 12
Achilles100:
The Bear

Episode 1: Just scenic shoots, and beautiful food, reminds me of Scavenger Reign

Episode 2: Shouting, shouting, shouting, and argument, argument, argument.
Filler season, felt like nothing happened but i liked some episodes sha.

Didn't move the plot forward a great deal...many character centric episodes
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 7:15pm On Jul 12
Chibudollar:

I swear.. I remember the time we use to have 24 episodes in a season undecided and they make this shows every year... Back in the days of supernatural, small ville, merlin now they all gone lazy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:40pm On Jul 12
First look of DC's CREATURE COMMANDOS
Looks pretty good.

Streaming December.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CBTxFactor: 10:30pm On Jul 12
Minister Zhang/ White Rose: "Where is it Phillip, where's my f@#!kn money!?"

Phillip Price: OTILOR!!

Mr. Robot...

(1) (2) (3) ... (2865) (2866) (2867) (2868) (2869) (2870) (2871) ... (2904) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: tapingil(m) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66