Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,692 members, 7,938,091 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:20 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2895) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3711510 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2892) (2893) (2894) (2895) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Chibudollar: 3:18pm
Done with season 1 - 8. Was a bit sad watching the final episode. Up there with some of my feel good series. Supernatural, Sons of anarchy. And so on...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:18pm
abduleez1:

NGL, I initially found it premium boring and dosed off many times while watching the first few episodes last year even tho I knew it was good. The minus 0.1 points deduction that didn't give it a perfect score is for that penalisation for not enjoying it at first.

I knew I was gonna enjoy it later but at that time I couldn't digest it properly. So I left it.
The moment I realised they're both different things and wasn't going to be the same as season 1, the more I opened up to it.

It's the best character work I've ever seen for an anime. Einar back story was very captivating. Arnheid and Gardar story was very captivating and the climax of the whole season. Bruv, that shït was heartbreaking as fvvk. If they ever adapted the show/manga into live action, people go cry tire amd give it GOAT status easily.

That's why I criticise people who don't clearly understand what they are watching or the narrative a filmmaker is trying to pass. Those people who dunked at VS S2 are dumb@ss that needs to stick to action and vibes, cos even tho it felt boring and slow unlike the first, it was a storytelling masterpiece. The voice actors deserves Emmys.

That scene where the farmer — Arnheid's master beats her brutally rocked me to my bones. Proved the point of one bad day can turn any man, even a good man into a monster.

@ bolded

Was Ketil ever a good man tho?

He treated his slaves well and even gave them a chance to become free men but he never gave the same deal to Arnheid.

He had a wife too but cheated on her with Arnheid.

He must have known that Arnheid was with him against her will, but he made her stay with him because he loved her. She was his slave and never really had a choice. Technically, every sèx he had with Arnheid qualifies as rape.

Although you can argue that based on the times he lived in, he could be seen as "good" compared to how others treated slaves. And it was the right of the owner to sleep with his slave.

Aside that sef, Ketil was a coward using the reputation of another man who bore the same name. He was never this brave or strong warrior
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:57pm
Kaycee7:
Aside the folks that hated on Vinland Saga S2 for hating sake, the criticism for the genre switch is valid. Returning to a show that already established itself as an action show in its first season expecting action is not irrational in any way.

A lot of viewers definitely needed to readjust to the execution, narrative style and pacing of the second season. I mean, even you admitted that it took some getting used to.

The highlight of season 1 of Vinland Saga was not the action, it was the story and the characters.

Askeladd was almost like the main character of season 1.

Canute also had good development in season 1...turning from a timid Christian prince to becoming someone who rebelled against God and wanted to even create paradise on Earth for those who he believed could not be saved by the trials set forth in the world by God (aka the Vikings)

From that to even become a schemer who planned to usurp his father. And eventually he achieved same.

Thorfinn was the only stagnant in season 1 and was criticized by Askeladd for refusing to grow up.

Ask any fan of the series, the best parts of season 1 were not the action scenes. A show having action doesn't make it all about action.

Season 2 has almost all the elements of season 1 but has very little action and a far slower buildup.

That's why I think criticizing the season 2 for having very little action is not valid. Because the highlight of season 1 were not the action scenes...

If Demon Slayer was to make another season with no action but just character writing and storytelling, then that would be a valid complaint because the highlight of Demon Slayer has been focused on the fight scenes.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:57pm
The Rose of Versailles (1979).....8.5/10

Synopsis -
The story is centered on the true life events leading up to the French Revolution of 1789 and also covers the Revolution itself whereby the commoners and some other factions sought to take back political power over France from the ruling class/monarchy. This led to countless loss of life and so much human cruelty.

The story is about 90% based on true life events but it's major protagonist is a completely fictional character called Oscar François de Jarjayes. Oscar was a member of the Jarjayes family who have been loyal to the Monarchy.

Oscar, due the her father lacking a male heir was raised by her father as a man to succeed him. As a result, she joined the Royal guards.

It is a tragic tale that retells the events leading up to the French revolution and many characters who played different roles in it.
I had to do a little research on the French revolution after I finished watching and while the series isn't 100% accurate, it is mostly accurate and many of the major events and characters were captured in this 40 episodes anime series.

It captures many major events like the Affair of the diamond necklace during which the people completely lost faith in the ruling class. ..

When I started the story, I thought it would be like the usual Hollywood female power show with Mary Sue characters but the deeper I went, it became clear that this wasn't the case.

Every character stands out with their own strength and weaknesses. Oscar struggling with her own identity and romance as someone who was raised as a man and who had fully accepted that identity, even if it meant depriving herself of love and attempting to shut out her feminine side and feminine emotions.

Andre who loved and was loyal to Oscar but would not hesitate to call her out when he disagreed with her choices.

Marie Antoiniette, the Dauphine of Austrian origin who entered a political marriage at the tender age of 14 with the French Dauphin (who became King Louis XVI). She was mostly portrayed as a timid but ignorant Queen easily manipulated and swayed by her own emotions and thus failing to see the plight of the common people.

The way the story captures many events is brilliant. The soundtrack too was brilliant and fitting.

The only downside is the animation. Since it was animated in 1979, the animation is not great.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2892) (2893) (2894) (2895) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.