Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,020 members, 7,987,667 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:11 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3786437 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2940) (2941) (2942) (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:36am On Oct 23
oyaskii:
Supreme HBO drama.....Omo all the evidences was stacked up against Baba 😩.

It was this show i started noticing John Turturro, he absolutely killed it as the Lawyer.

This is easy recommed, if your are looking for gritty court drama.

See if HBO sets out to do a miniseries, be 90% assured it's gonna bang....This, I Know This Much Is True, Sharp Objects and Chernobyl are my favourite mini series from their stable in recent times ✌🏾

Premium example of you go explain taya, zero evidence. His Blood in crime scene, murder weapon with him, his semen in her, caught near murder scene, breaking and entering, caught on camera with her and a solid number of witnesses seeing him, as well as a supposed defensive injury in his hand.

Even person mama no believe am again. Omo, it's a heartbreaking tale bro. Man's will never be the same again.

Premium ensemble cast especially John Turturro as Jack Stone. I watch am for this show I say damn, no wonder the guy is highly recommended. Na him play Carmine Falcone in The Batman. Don't know why they couldn't get him back for The Penguin as he's recasted by Mark Strong.

Special props to Kenneth Williams as Freddy, the prison head huncho. Of course, Riz Ahmed. Also props to his Indian defence lawyer Chandra, played by Amara Karan. In fact, the whole cast finish work for this show.

This writer-director Steven Zaillian...I don mark him name. Bruh, this dude just gave me two top tier 9/10 percentile shows in this and RIPLEY. Just found out he also wrote Schindler's List (which I've been dodging), Gangs of New York and The Irishman.
Him filmography don turn must check out for me now.

HBO no dey play when it comes to miniseries. They're the undisputed GOAT. No one comes close.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 10:38am On Oct 23
abduleez1:

Over 80%?? That's a pretty strong rhetoric. 😳
Can I see fact & figures or data backing this up??

Just curious.
80%😆 when most of the people in Texas here are Hispanics and they are here legally. It's more like 5-15%
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:41am On Oct 23
joseph1832:
I remember this series. I didn't finish watching it though. Never got to find out who actually killed the girl.

Though I was amazed how prison changed that skinny little dude. He went from being skinny to one muscled up, hard motherfucker. Lol.

Bruh, you don miss o. Never been engrossed in a show this much in the last one month. Something wet I start almost midnight the day before yesterday, I don run finish am yesterday night. 8 epic 1hr episodes.
The show reduced my parroting I've been doing on NL this past one week. grin grin

Bruh, prison no be joke. In a space of few months, dude changed from innocent looking and naive fellow into full hard man convict. Bro never remained the same again.

Top tier show. Highly recommended. The best of the best in HBO goodness.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:44am On Oct 23
Illusioneffect:

80%😆 when most of the people in Texas here are Hispanics and they are here legally. It's more like 5-15%

Reason why I dey find explanation. Texas, California and other Southern parts of USA were actually acquired from Mexico. So naturally, there'd be lots of Hispanic and constitute a big demographic.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by joseph1832(m): 10:54am On Oct 23
abduleez1:

Bruh, you don miss o. Never been engrossed in a show this much in the last one month. Something wet I start almost midnight the day before yesterday, I don run finish am yesterday night. 8 epic 1hr episodes.
The show reduced my parroting I've been doing on NL this past one week. grin grin

Bruh, prison no be joke. In a space of few months, dude changed from innocent looking and naive fellow into full hard man convict. Bro never remained the same again.

I won't forget the show in a hurry, even though I didn't get to finish it, because I watched it when I visited a Nairalander in his house. I spent the weekend Friday to Sunday. The show was what we were watching, though I watched it passively.

The Nairalander is FTboi. I, myself and Lezz were there, Obontami came along that Sunday. FTboi is the one who recommended the series. Back then it was on DVD. During the day we watched the series and play PlayStation. In the night, we head to the bar, like Udeme. Lol.

What a massive weekend of beer, beer, and beer, and of course, booty. grin cheesy

I don do things Sha for this Nairaland. Lol.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:02am On Oct 23
When I see an HBO stamp on a Miniseries, I no dey waste time think too much. I just jump in cos the pedigree and credibility is there, no be today.

With the way The Night Of took my interest from the premise. Jumped in on the show despite not having a standout actor or knowing the director which usually influence how quickly I watch a project these days. I just knew I've found premium goodness.
Was researching on next HBO miniseries to watch when I saw it resurfacing my radar once more. Heard a problem picking what next but The Night Of just sings to me and couldn't keep off the premise outta my head. Went in and wasn't disappointed. A Masterpiece.

My fave HBO miniseries are now: Chernobyl, Lovecraft Country, The Night Of, Watchmen.

Here are some of my top HBO miniseries watchlist....one down, more to go: 👇🏽

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:09am On Oct 23
joseph1832:
I won't forget the show in a hurry, even though I didn't get to finish it, because I watched it when I visited a Nairalander in his house. I spent the weekend Friday to Sunday. The show was what we were watching, though I watched it passively.

The Nairalander is FTboi. I, myself and Lezz were there, Obontami came along that Sunday. FTboi is the one who recommended the series. Back then it was on DVD. During the day we watched the series and play PlayStation. In the night, we head to the bar, like Udeme. Lol.

What a massive weekend of beer, beer, and beer, and of course, booty. grin cheesy

I see.
Enjoyment man. I hail thee. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 11:34am On Oct 23
abduleez1:

Fantastic series I've seen it three times now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23
abduleez1:

Reason why I dey find explanation. Texas, California and other Southern parts of USA were actually acquired from Mexico. So naturally, there'd be lots of Hispanic and constitute a big demographic.
That's not actually the reason. Texas was almost completely empty when the States bought- the main factor is migration. Almost 40% of Americans come from migrants - legal migrants
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 12:45pm On Oct 23
samistry:

Fantastic series I've seen it three times now.
This is a general equiry...do anyone find it easy or hard to sit through multiple reruns of their favorite show, especially those with pretty long runtime in multiple seasons and episodes? 🤔

See i can't lie, personally, it has become extremely difficult, not helped by the fact that just so many good media is out very other week, and i always get the inkling that, i am wasting precious time seeing old media, when i could have been seeing new ones, i have media i copped, way back in 2019, that i haven't even chewed through, just to put things in perspective 😩.

I would love to see BB and GOT, frame by frame, episode by episode from scratch....but GOT alone, will set me back, at least 70hrs free hours, i don't even think i can scrap out, 48 interrupted hours to see shows or movies, within the next 2 months! 😩.

So, i just settle for seeing the occasional one or 2 episodes every now and then...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by samistry(m): 1:53pm On Oct 23
oyaskii:
This is a general equiry...do anyone find it easy or hard to sit through multiple reruns of their favorite show, especially those with pretty long runtime in multiple seasons and episodes? 🤔

See i can't lie, personally, it has become extremely difficult, not helped by the fact that just so many good media is out very other week, and i always get the inkling that, i am wasting precious time seeing old media, when i could have been seeing new ones, i have media i copped, way back in 2019, that i haven't even chewed through, just to put things in perspective 😩.

I would love to see BB and GOT, frame by frame, episode by episode from scratch....but GOT alone, will set me back, at least 70hrs free hours, i don't even think i can scrap out, 48 interrupted hours to see shows or movies, within the next 2 months! 😩.

So, i just settle for seeing the occasional one or 2 episodes every now and then...
Bro the content overload is much.
What helped me rewatch breaking bad and The Night Of was due to fact had a watchalong with frens who hadn't seen em before. In order to engage discussion with em, I have to see em through.
I download recent episodes of series as well as latest movies and send to my friends but I hardly see em myself these days.
I guide others to treasures I cannot possess cry
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by TemporaryHansel: 2:06pm On Oct 23
joseph1832:

I remembered ashawo thread because of this post lol.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by omoluabi87: 3:27pm On Oct 23
geezyk:
The concrete proof everyone wanted not to go inside the tree.

Lol @ "concrete" proof.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 4:15pm On Oct 23
Illusioneffect:

That's not actually the reason. Texas was almost completely empty when the States bought- the main factor is migration. Almost 40% of Americans come from migrants - legal migrants

American whites aren't true people of the land themselves. They're more or less British and European settlers.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 4:40pm On Oct 23
oyaskii:

Bruh, me and you dey the same predicament.

I always shout GOT is my best TV show of all time but I know within myself I no fit sit down myself rewatch am. Bruh, that's 8 seasons of wasting time of something I already watched and know about. Time I don't have and could have used on something fresh. There's tons of movies and shows I would like to watch that I haven't.

I remember watching The Batman in 2022 in a cinema and loved it. But few months later when it got released digitally I downloaded it again but I didn't rewatch it. Cos I ask myself, I vividly remember almost everything on this shit. Why waste that hours when I can get something else? The experience in the theatre was breath taking too with the screen and premium speakers. Why downgrade the experience?

The only reason I'll be able to rewatch many shows I loved or watched before is if I have friends or family watching it on TV near me. But me myself? It's hard not cos I think they're not good anymore.

Too many good shows comes out every damn week now. So it's impossible to watch even half of them.

I see stats like these on my TV and movies app and I get scared not barely scratching the surface of my personal watchlist. And new projects both old and new keeps enlarging the list everyday. 😩 👇🏽

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by obontami: 6:30pm On Oct 23
joseph1832:

Facts 💯

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23
abduleez1:

I always shout GOT is my best TV show of all time but I know within myself I no fit sit down myself rewatch am. Bruh, that's 8 seasons of wasting time of something I already watched and know about. Time I don't have and could have used on something fresh. There's tons of movies and shows I would like to watch that I haven't.

I remember watching The Batman in 2022 in a cinema and loved it. But few months later when it got released digitally I downloaded it again but I didn't rewatch it. Cos I ask myself, I vividly remember almost everything on this shit. Why waste that hours when I can get something else? The experience in the theatre was breath taking too with the screen and premium speakers. Why downgrade the experience?

The only reason I'll be able to rewatch many shows I loved or watched before is if I have friends or family watching it on TV near me. But me myself? It's hard not cos I think they're not good anymore.

Too many good shows comes out every damn week now. So it's impossible to watch even half of them.

I see stats like these on my TV and movies app and I get scared not barely scratching the surface of my personal watchlist. And new projects both old and new keeps enlarging the list everyday. 😩 👇🏽

I'm replying this solely to concur on that Batman 2022 cinematic experience.
I haven't felt like that since bro, the sound and everything was just very dope.
Can't wait for part 2.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23
pu7pl3:

I'm replying this solely to concur on that Batman 2022 cinematic experience.
I haven't felt like that since bro, the sound and everything was just very dope.
Can't wait for part 2.

Bruh, the cinematic experience no be here. The sounds of that movie is just mad.
I hear the theme song in the very opening of The Penguin premiere episode and it gave me the chills of that experience.

Maybe na why I enjoy Aquaman PT 2 small.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by stacyadams: 9:19pm On Oct 23
grin. Be like na only me dey enjoy this series "Fargo:".. didn't know season 5 was out last year grin nurse mayflower
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by 100naira(m): 9:51pm On Oct 23
abduleez1:
When I see an HBO stamp on a Miniseries, I no dey waste time think too much. I just jump in cos the pedigree and credibility is there, no be today.

With the way The Night Of took my interest from the premise. Jumped in on the show despite not having a standout actor or knowing the director which usually influence how quickly I watch a project these days. I just knew I've found premium goodness.
Was researching on next HBO miniseries to watch when I saw it resurfacing my radar once more. Heard a problem picking what next but The Night Of just sings to me and couldn't keep off the premise outta my head. Went in and wasn't disappointed. A Masterpiece.

My fave HBO miniseries are now: Chernobyl, Lovecraft Country, The Night Of, Watchmen.

Here are some of my top HBO miniseries watchlist....one down, more to go: 👇🏽
how good is that Sharp objects
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23
If you're having trouble sleeping listen to this Cristin Milioti interview. Pure ASMR

https://x.com/screentime/status/1849145122270671079?t=4V07lOS69Psneei0y_yLZg&s=19

You're welcome
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:00am On Oct 24
100naira:
how good is that Sharp objects

Haven't watched it yet. That's my to-do watchlist on next HBO miniseries to watch. Tho I know its highly praised for it's storytelling and one of the best works for Amy Adams.

I ranked them based on order of priority at the moment.

You'd need to ask Oyaskii. Seems he's watched it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:34am On Oct 24
pu7pl3:

Kept Johnny alive only to shoot him in the head moments later.
That level of badassery shouldn't be killed off Abeg
Johnny was feeling too comfortable running his mouth anyhow. He think say she go be like Luca 😂😂
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 10:36am On Oct 24
joseph1832:
Yep. Some opinionated individuals were criticizing it. I enjoyed it anyway.
One thing you can be sure of is that once an anime has a whiff of CGI, it's going to get dragged. Memories of CGI Man and "Look out! It's the CGI Titan" 😁
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 11:01am On Oct 24
Kaycee7:
Johnny was feeling too comfortable running his mouth anyhow. He think say she go be like Luca 😂😂

me sef wey dey watch now expect am. She is so bad ass.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 11:13am On Oct 24
abduleez1:

1 month of watch tme scares you? That's small. cheesy cheesy
There's a guy that follows me that is on 18 months of tv time and 2 months of movie time. For me, I just cracked 10 months like 2 weeks ago

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 11:32am On Oct 24
abduleez1:
The Night Of.......10/10

A night of sex, drugs and alcohol ends up being a murder case.
What ensues is a harrowing court drama proving the guilt of the defendant Nasir Khan or his innocence.
It tells a harrowing tale of how being in the wrong place at the wrong time for even a minute changes someone's life forever.
Who is the killer? Who killed her? For what reason?

It also a deconstruction look into the brutal world of prison life and the realities and danger that comes with the system. The brutal survivalist world of it. Also has racial profiling as one of its strong themes in the American criminal justice system.

One thing the show does best is it confuses with it's twists and turns who committed the crime.
This is not your average Whodunnit story. This is a lot more complex than that and forces you to fully commit into knowing the man behind the knife. Did he do it? Or not? What motive? Over the course of the story you're casually given posible suspects with strong probability of committing the crime, but the show still finds a way to circle it back to the main suspect?

It's unpredictable cos what you think you know of some characters begins to get shrouded in more mystery the more you get answers about previous questions; various characters and various events leading towards the murder and after the murder.
Man, it's a head cracker. You're jumping from this modafvker definitely did it (he's a psychopath), to nah this other dude did (he's creepy AF), to obviously this other guy probably did it (he's a criminal), nope this one dude got good motive amongst everybody or you're back to prime suspect № 1— Naz, the calm looking college kid.

It's editing is top tier, adds the chills to the atmosphere and suspense, the way it takes detail shots, especially the prison yard — the prison bars, gates, the walls, prison cells.
You clearly are given the feel of what freedom and captivity looks like. What hope and hopelessness looks like.

This is easily amongst the top 5 best HBO Miniseries of all time I've watched.
Top tier dark and gritty psychological thriller with suspense right from the beginning till the last scene in the finale. You were always kept on the edge of your seat.
Knowing how gritty and dark it is when you get familiar to the shows world, you know anything can happen at any moment. It kept that suspense till the very end.

Where did you download it from?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24
Beorn:

Where did you download it from?

Pahe dot ink
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24
Kaycee7:
Scavengers Reign 9/10

Every now and then, we get a piece of art that you look at and marvel in wonder at how the creators were able to come up with such a concept and execute it. Scavengers Reign is one of such pieces of art.

Joseph Bennett and Charles Huettner have my respect with what they've created here. A beautiful, terrifying and mesmerizing world.
I know a student or students of nature when I see one and these guys have definitely been studying for a while.

The world of Scavengers Reign is pretty much like what the Earth looked like before man tamed it. Some parts of it almost feel like you're watching an animated episode of Nat Geo Wild with how much care was taken in designing the terrain, as well as, the local flora and fauna.

But enough talk about the world building, the story is also gripping. It follows a group of survivors of a spaceship malfunction as they scavenge for a way to return to the ship and make it back home. These survivors are not all in one location and their individual journeys, innovative survival skill set and resilience are what make each of the characters interesting in their own right.

Two major themes of this show are survival and evolution. And we get to watch these themes take shape and play out with these characters.

The fact that a show like this didn't automatically grab the Emmy for animated show takes my anticipation of what Blue Eye Samurai has to offer to higher levels cos I'm really interested to see how it matches up to or tops what Scavengers Reign cooked.

Tbh bro I did not enjoy this.
Stopped at episode 5
😪

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 1:13pm On Oct 24
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24
pu7pl3:

Tbh bro I did not enjoy this.
Stopped at episode 5
😪
Fairs. 5 episodes, you a better man than me. If I'm not feeling a show by the 3rd episode, I'm out
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by phr0nesis(m): 1:34pm On Oct 24
Oyaskii my bro, I don't know if you can help me, but if you can't, don't stress.
Please help me with the link for an old British sitcom "Mind Your Language"

(1) (2) (3) ... (2940) (2941) (2942) (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Goodlyhrt(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.