Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. (5672 Views)

Be Sure Of Your Afterlife Before You Depart / Summary Of The Christian's Belief about Jesus/God/Yahweh / What's The Yoruba Traditional Belief Of Afterlife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
All you have done here is state your personal ideas and attempted to question me on them. I don't exist in your mind to understand how you have chosen to process these things for yourself in order to properly answer you without failing your particular delusion. undecided

And mind you, this topic is not about you but about the Christian belief... so? undecided

What is the delusion?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:
Nobody chooses to believe anything
What are the delusions I have
Especially were belief is concerned, choices are made, moment by moment choice... humans are built that way. undecided
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:
What is the delusion?
Your chosen belief is your delusion. undecided
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
Barristter07:

The Bible said Animals have the same spirit. Will you change the meaning now ?

So spirit is the real person, that means the real Jesus didn't die for anyone. Na ordinary flesh die. Do you see you are preaching something from the devil ?

The spirit is the real person... the body just houses the spirit.. when a person dies they leave their body and go to their eternal home...
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:16pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How did you reach the conclusion that I am not certain what a spirit is? undecided

Your consciousness is not spirit... it is just that, you consciousness. And what you said about existing separately, I don't follow at all. undecided

Ecc 12:7 Then the dust will return to the earth as it was, And the spirit will return to God who gave it.

What is the correct interpretation of this verse? Doesn't it make it clear that a man is a spirit who lives in a body?

Please enlighten me
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordReed:

Why do you like twisting the tale just make yourself look good? I did not invite you to that thread it was someone else nor have you silenced me, I am just bored with your bullcrap stories.

Lol... that's Jehovah's witnesses for you!
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
the Self or ego undecided

Can you show me 5 scriptures to validate this claim of yours?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Barristter07: 4:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

The spirit is the real person
... the body just houses the spirit.. when a person dies they leave their body and go to their eternal home...

In short the person called Jesus didn't die for anybody. Correct ?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by LordReed(m): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Ignore Kobojunkie... he's faarrr worse than MaxInDHouse.... he's heresies are on a faaaarrr higher level than the jw dude...

Rather than be honest like me and say they don't completely understand a subject matter when they infact do not, they just share their heretical viewpoints and mislead ignorant people...

They are blind leaders of the blind so pay no attention to them

I actually like Kobojunkie, their take on things is rather unconventional and I like to see where their thoughts go when discussing.
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordReed:

I actually like Kobojunkie, their take on things is rather unconventional and I like to see where their thoughts go when discussing.

If you say so
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by LordReed(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

If you say so

I do. I like you too, you are respectful and humble.
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2021
Barristter07:

In short the person called Jesus didn't die for anybody. Correct ?

You really don't understand me do you? You are a spirit living in a body. Your body is only relevant in this physical world. Once you die you leave your body and go to your eternal home.

Jesus did die for all of us. But didn't Jesus say,'father into your hands i commit my spirit'? What do you think He meant by that statement?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordReed:

I do. I like you too, you are respectful and humble.

Gracias. smiley

P.S You ask too many questions
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by LordReed(m): 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Gracias. smiley

P.S You ask too many questions

LoL. I guess that’s true.
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordReed:

LoL. I guess that’s true.

I'm aware that you were once a Christian. What made you change your mind about the faith, pray tell?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by LordReed(m): 5:50pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I'm aware that you were once a Christian. What made you change your mind about the faith, pray tell?

I asked questions LoL!

To be precise I asked myself if i wasn't a believer and was told this world was the work of a benevolent god being would I believe it? And I knew I could not honestly answer yes to that question.
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Especially were belief is concerned, choices are made, moment by moment choice... humans are built that way. undecided

I don't agree

Beliefs are accidental occurrences
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your chosen belief is your delusion. undecided

I have no chosen belief
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordReed:

I asked questions LoL!

To be precise I asked myself if i wasn't a believer and was told this world was the work of a benevolent god being would I believe it? And I knew I could not honestly answer yes to that question.

So you stopped believing that God is Good?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by LordReed(m): 6:26pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

So you stopped believing that God is Good?

I stopped believing in the only god I thought existed, a benevolent, all powerful, all knowing, always present god. As I went along exploring more, I saw that it extended to the entire concept of theism. I still do hold out for the possibility that gods exist since the universe is vaster than we know however I don't think any concept of god humans currently have matches realty.

2 Likes

Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Barristter07: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You really don't understand me do you? You are a spirit living in a body. Your body is only relevant in this physical world. Once you die you leave your body and go to your eternal home.

Jesus did die for all of us. But didn't Jesus say,'father into your hands i commit my spirit'? What do you think He meant by that statement?

How did Jesus die when the real person don't die ?

Are you confused ?

Is it Jesus that died or ordinary body that house him ?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

I don't agree
Beliefs are accidental occurrences
There There nothing accidental about believing butter is healthier than jam on toast. It is all born of choice. undecided
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There There nothing accidental about believing butter is healthier than jam on toast. It is all born of choice. undecided

It is accidental because nobody plans it

It just happens in your head

You don't plan to believe

You just believe what you cannot resist in your head as something to believe
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Kobojunkie: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

It is accidental because nobody plans it
It just happens in your head
You don't plan to believe
You just believe what you cannot resist in your head as something to believe
Following your assertion, are we also to conclude that choices and decisions are accidental? undecided

You weigh the options before you in order to decide whether to believe in an idea or not... same way you make decisions about anything else out there. undecided
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordReed:

I stopped believing in the only god I thought existed, a benevolent, all powerful, all knowing, always present god. As I went along exploring more, I saw that it extended to the entire concept of theism. I still do hold out for the possibility that gods exist since the universe is vaster than we know however I don't think any concept of god humans currently have matches realty.

I wondered how it was possible for an all powerful, all knowing, all present God to exist
I wondered how it was possible for such God to even care
I wondered how it was possible for any God to deserve reverence as this or that despite people having different views about its identity

Then I wondered if it was possible for any God to exist

Considering the impossibility of anything to exist without a limit except existence itself towards existence being the property of something to possess limits towards existence having neither a beginning nor an end as well as the absence of a definition of God (s) that show(s) how God(s) can exist,I consider it impossible for any God to exist.

I have seen that the universe can only exist as a group of ageless indivisible objects.

I have also seen that there is no definition of God (s) that can show how God(s) can exist
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:
I have no chosen belief
We all have at least one. undecided
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Following your assertion, are we also to conclude that choices and decisions are accidental? undecided

You weigh the options before you in order to decide whether to believe in an idea or not... same way you make decisions about anything else out there. undecided

Choices are not beliefs

Don't make unnecessary comparisons

There's no option when it comes to faith

You are either able to resist or not

Illustration

If I say I need money

You immediately find it as something to believe or not

But you don't choose even if you say you choose.

You just believe or not immediately after you are able to determine it is something to believe or not.

Saying you choose to believe only shows you believe

You never really had the ability to resist if you believe

If you don't believe,it means you resisted or your brain resisted it as something to believe

It's about your brain

Your brain either resists or gets overwhelmed by chance towards something to believe

Your consciousness doesn't give you the ability to determine whether or not your brain will resist anything to believe that you have not come across

Note: you resisting is the same as your brain resisting because your brain represents you in such case.
If your leg kicks the ball,then you kicked the ball because your leg represents you in that case
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We all have at least one. undecided

Read my reply to the other post.
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Choices are not beliefs

Don't make unnecessary comparisons

There's no option when it comes to faith

You are either able to resist or not

Illustration

If I say I need money

You immediately find it as something to believe or not

But you don't choose even if you say I choose.

You just believe or not immediately after you are able to determine it is something to believe or not.

Saying you choose to believe only shows you believe

You never really had the ability to resist if you believe

If you don't believe,it means you resisted or your brain resisted it as something to believe

It's about your brain

Your brain either resists or gets overwhelmed by chance

You are not capable of making your brain to resist anything as something to believe

There's a limit to what you can do with your brain.

Your consciousness doesn't give you the ability to determine whether or not your brain will resist anything to believe that you have not come across

Note: you resisting is the same as your brain resisting because your brain represents you in such case.
If your leg kicks the ball,then you kicked the ball because your leg represents you in that case
Beliefs are born of choices hence the reason I continue to state that a belief is a choice made. You are free to believe as you want or choose though. undecided
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Beliefs are born of choices hence the reason I continue to state that a belief is a choice made. You are free to believe as you want or choose though. undecided

I am able to resist what you are saying as something to believe

I don't choose not to believe or to believe otherwise

I just resist or I am just overwhelmed by the opposite of what you are saying
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2021
LordReed:

So you think the God all religions talk about is false and the real God can't be known?
Re: A Very False Christian Belief About The Afterlife. by Hismasterpiece(m): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2021
Barristter07:

How did Jesus die when the real person don't die ?

Are you confused ?

Is it Jesus that died or ordinary body that house him ?

What do you believe happened?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Is The 12th Imam The Muslim World Is Waiting For? / "What Was Early Christianity Like?" / Why Is Christianity So Hated And Persecuted Is It Because It's "conversion Theory"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.