Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,615 members, 7,968,788 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:50 PM

Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body (32534 Views)

Coconut Oil Is Poisonous, Here's Why / The Making Of Poisonous Fufu / Tongue Of A Woman Bitten By A Poisonous Spider (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Juliearth(f): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
Try healthier options such as oatmeal swallow, unripe plantain swallow, fonio swallow, sweet potato swallow, etc. If your body react to these options, then you may have to consider enjoying your soups without swallow, which is not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Bukden16(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Fumigate your body.
Garri is innocent here.

I just nominated You for 2021 BMA Award ( Bad Mouth Award).
Holding November in Abuja.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
hybrid11:
I know a guy who don't eat anything sea food
Even if u use crayfish cook for him,he will sick for days , fish is d worst ...
Your problem is from your body , avoid that food that disturbs you

GOD I Thank you for giving us the body which cannot reject our food/anything in short
Amen oh
Just like my body

2 Likes

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by SKhanmi: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
You might be allergic to something in the garri. Definitely your body system. See those suggestions of wheat, disregard them. That one is worse. Just search for the side effects of gluten. Don't know why many eat it.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 21, 2021
That's why we have semovita

Go straight to it and stop discouraging others from what I grow up to see
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by MyPoint: 7:47pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:
Many times I keep telling people that, eating Garri does more harm to us than good but nearly everyone that hear me say this, get furious with me.

Have you tried it with other swallow(pounded yam, semi, tamba etc).

You need to rule out that the trigger to your bad experience is actually garri and not the soup.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by colizee(m): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:

My body cannot stand the cyanide inside the Cassava root (garri)

I love our soup but I am looking for what to used to replace garri

I don't like pounded yam.
Tuwo is impossible for me
Akpu is the evil brother of garri
Starch is impposicant

Which one is semo-lina?

Have you tried amala? how is the taste look like ?

Try Amala made with unripe and sundried plantain

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by maxzzo1(m): 8:11pm On Aug 21, 2021
If all this na true many for don die.....another trash
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by ikllbrokehoes(m): 8:16pm On Aug 21, 2021
Ishilove:

You too like amebo. Go and follow Gistlover on IG if you want gist tongue
Lol you are changing subject now, what you are doing is not good oh, don't worry my own time will come and I will do the same thing, first to do no dey pain. cheesy cool
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by koolaid87: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2021
Nothing do rice my guy. Just make sure it's in small quantity and balance it with a lot of proteins and veggies.

Asian eat rice day in, day out, yet they are healthy and have the highest life expectancy.

✌�

HRHQueenPhil:

Lies from the pit of hell
Rice and yam is equal to white sugar and is d poison not garri
As u know, moderation is important in all things ...u can consult me for a food timetable that will help u enjoy balanced diet..if u don't have money for timetable simply eat eba once a week, rice once a week, and soups like egusi&ogbono plus Banga soup once a month
Other foods u can enjoy in excess is
Calabar soups
Ekpan kukwo
Unripe plantain and goat meat peppersoup
Oiless okra
Yoruba tomato stew
Efo riro
Oat eba
Plantain eba
Moimoi
Salads
Etc
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Ishilove: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2021
ikllbrokehoes:
Lol you are changing subject now, what you are doing is not good oh, don't worry my own time will come and I will do the same thing, first to do no dey pain. cheesy cool
tongue
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by bibbiana(f): 8:40pm On Aug 21, 2021
Garri is not poisonous abeg. You only have garri-intolerance, same way some people have lactose intolerance.
The production process of cassava roots into garri, such as washing, fermentation, pressing, and roasting eliminates hydrogen cyanide.
Yellow garri that has palm oil is very good since red oil is a good source of vitamin A, and can even serve as antidote.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Angelacruz: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
Then replace garri with plantain flour,wheat flour ,cocoyam flour,millet flour or guinea corn flour....choose any
Lostchild:

You are very correct.

I love our soup but I can no longer eat garri. I don't want more problems.

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by hybrid11(m): 8:43pm On Aug 21, 2021
Preshieben:
Amen oh
Just like my body
grin grin grin
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Angelacruz: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2021
U funny...
Sonnobax15:
grin
Pure rubbish..

The only thing that's poisonous to my body is when I'm deprived of garri......I can't just imagine myself not eating garri for a day lipsrsealed

How person wor tay get sense na when he no dey swallow eba?
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by peacettw: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2021
Interesting. It's possible you are allergic to garri just like most of us are allergic to one thing or the other. It doesn't mean that you should extend what happened to you to the general populace.

Just avoid garri and you will be fine
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:

My body cannot stand the cyanide inside the Cassava root (garri)

I love our soup but I am looking for what to used to replace garri

I don't like pounded yam.
Tuwo is impossible for me
Akpu is the evil brother of garri
Starch is impposicant

Which one is semo-lina?

Have you tried amala? how is the taste look like ?

Eat Semolina or wheat with soup. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Oju4190: 9:15pm On Aug 21, 2021
Anytime i eat Garri i begin to have serious waist pain..... so a have to stop eating it for the past two years now.....replace it with akidi.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by GindoX(m): 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2021
Krismas:
grin Chai! How I wish u can pass me some of that hot Eba and egusi soup. Forget this lostchild guy.

See person wey sabi better thing. But the soup don finish

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by streetzdreamz(m): 10:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
Lostchild:

Can I use the wheat to eat soup like garri?

I am not saying that garri wants to kill me. I am only saying my body cannot stand the deadly cyanide. If I don't stop, it will destroy me.

It is poisonous to my body
some humans are allergic to certain foods, animals or elements, it's no big deal......the way you are hammering on " deadly cyanide" is quite hilarious, are you consuming the raw leaves and roots? Because the traditional processes involved in garri production removes the toxic cyanide. The way you painted the whole story on the front page, is as though garri generally is toxic to the human body, whereas it's a case of a simple allergy you'll do well to avoid.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Nickymichy(m): 1:12am On Aug 22, 2021
God bless you...i thought I am the only one with this issue....any time I eat garri(eba), na stomach pain throughout that day..i stopped eating that thing for like 5years...i told my wife about my ordeal with garri she thought I was making things up...i allowed her to make it for me ...my brother, i couldn't sleep that day... stomach al through the night..you are right bro
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Gochie(m): 5:35am On Aug 22, 2021
Lostchild:
Many times I keep telling people that, eating Garri does more harm to us than good but nearly everyone that hear me say this, get furious with me.

Since child-hood I have had nothing but trouble eating this yellow stuff (Garri).
I normally eat rice from january to december, when I feel the urge to eat soup and garri, just eating it twice gives me health issues.

In 2018, I became worried and I went to see some (medic) practionals and told them about the effect of garri on me, to them I was talking nonsense because they themselves cannot do without eating garri.

I was in a place full of working men when I told them that Garri is poisonous to our body, these guys almost eat me raw. I had a fierce argument with them 1 me vs 7 men because I was trying to let them know that cassava root is very poisonous and harmful to our body.

The garri was constantly making me to have
・Migraine (headache)
・Sour mouth; lips and tongue
・Stomach pain
・Fast heartbeat
・Itchness / scatching
・Body weakness, it makes me very weak. I must constantly lay down.
・Dizzyness, I will not be able to stand for long

The heavy sugar in garri started giving me diabetic symptoms.

・Weight loss (Fatigue)
・Blurr Vision
・Peeing / Urinating every 30 mins.
・Eye Pains / burning; I will not be able to look at the sun or be inside the sun because of eye pain/burning.

The first time I eat akpu in 2002, I nearly died. Akpu is extremely worse

Is anyone experience this?

I love our soup but the garri is poisonous to my body, what can one use to replace garri?

From your Nairaland Handle, I think we need to find you before offering you help.

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by femmywest(m): 6:15am On Aug 22, 2021
justscorchone:
It's a simple case of allergy,just because everyone eats it and are fine doesn't mean you can, there are people allergic to a particular type of water but can drink alkaline water. So it's fine if your body can't handle garri. Doesn't mean garri as a whole is bad, ofcourse everything in moderation.

You're right I remember when I was younger if I drank garri my lips would swell,sometimes my eyes will close like I got punched in the face but as a stubborn child back then I couldn't resist the ojebu garri with cold water and groundnut so I kept on taking it even though it made my face swell until my body got used to it then the swelling stopped.o used to have same issue with beans too,if I eat beans o dare not go out for that day cuz na toilet I go dey all day but I kept on eating it,now it's one of my best food sef. I guess our body system are different.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by bigtt76(f): 8:04am On Aug 22, 2021
If not properly fermented, garri can be dangerous due to the cyanide content in the root tuber. Perhaps you should try garri ijebu which is well fermented and if you need to get that yellow color, add palm oil in the boiling water used for making the eba.

Also, eat in moderation to avoid diabetic symptoms. You can use other swallow like oats, cabbage swallow, green plantain swallow and others.

Lostchild:

Since child-hood I have had nothing but trouble eating this yellow stuff (Garri).
I normally eat rice from january to december, when I feel the urge to eat soup and garri, just eating it twice gives me health issues.

In 2018, I became worried and I went to see some (medic) practionals and told them about the effect of garri on me, to them I was talking nonsense because they themselves cannot do without eating garri.

I was in a place full of working men when I told them that Garri is poisonous to our body, these guys almost eat me raw. I had a fierce argument with them 1 me vs 7 men because I was trying to let them know that cassava root is very poisonous and harmful to our body.

・Migraine (headache)
・Stomach pain
・Fast heartbeat
・Itchness / scatching

・Weight loss (Fatigue)
・Blurr Vision
・Eye Pains / burning; I will not be able to look at the sun or be inside the sun because of eye pain/burning.

I love our soup but the garri is poisonous to my body, what can one use to replace garri?
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Blesyn22(m): 8:53am On Aug 22, 2021
Our bodies are made differently and it's capabilities are different. Any ulcer patient are cannot consume a lot of food made from garri especially garri. Personally when I take I must add a lot of milk to it to prevent heart and chestburn. I don't take it more than once a month. Eba, akpu are no go area for me. Noodles and pasta are consumed easily. Fufu is eaten once in a while.

As long as you know the dos and don't of your body you'll live fine.

BTW there no one that doesn't have a food he/she reacts to.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by SPAMBOX7: 9:17am On Aug 22, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

As u know, moderation is important in all things ...u can consult me for a food timetable that will help u enjoy balanced diet..if u don't have money for timetable simply eat eba once a week, rice once a week, and soups like egusi&ogbono plus Banga soup once a month
Other foods u can enjoy in excess is
Calabar soups
Ekpan kukwo
Unripe plantain and goat meat peppersoup
Oiless okra
Yoruba tomato stew
Efo riro
Oat eba
Plantain eba
Moimoi
Salads
Etc
Share me your food timetable. Thanks
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:34am On Aug 22, 2021
Your body need spiritual cleansing
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Abiodun014: 10:30am On Aug 22, 2021
Ishilove:

Stop exaggerating. The cyanide in gari is not enough to poison a human being.

You could try wheat. It is light and tastes good
too much exaggeration ooo
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by superCleanworks(m): 11:24am On Aug 22, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:

Etc

your first statement shows you are really daft.
are you living in his body?
what if i tell you how garri affects me? you will also say it is a lie.

and you are here listing soups. your daftness is irritating.
Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by skedy1(m): 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2021
Lostchild:

・Migraine (headache)
・Stomach pain
・Fast heartbeat
・Itchness / scatching

・Weight loss (Fatigue)
・Blurr Vision

I'm sorry you have to suffer this, I guess it's how your system is. Your body cells can not maintain homeostasis with the level of sugar gotten from garri. It's a sad one I think, given that garri is a must be food in every Nigerian home.
Personally, swallow is my favorite, reading this just breaks my heart.
Use plantain flour to replace garri.

1 Like

Re: Garri: This Is Poisonous To My Body by Lostchild(m): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2021
bigtt76:
If not properly fermented, garri can be dangerous due to the cyanide content in the root tuber. Perhaps you should try garri ijebu which is well fermented and if you need to get that yellow color, add palm oil in the boiling water used for making the eba.

Also, eat in moderation to avoid diabetic symptoms. You can use other swallow like oats, cabbage swallow, green plantain swallow and others.

I don't know Ijebu garri

As long it is garri, it is poisonous to my body. The white garri that has bitter taste is even worse

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Physically Challenged Lady Slays In Wheelchair, Shares Inspiring Post (photos) / I Need A Very Big Peni*s Pleas Please / I Want An Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.