Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,459 members, 7,978,496 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:26 AM

Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency (370 Views)

Kiddwaya's Mum, Susan Waya Declares Interest In Becoming Benue Governor (Photo) / Shagari’s Grandson, Bello Declares Abuja Council Chairmanship Ambition (Photo) / Gov. Yahya Bello Declares For Second Term, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency by lekanolas: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2021
Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has declared his intention to contest for president in 2023.

Bello said his decision to contest for president is driven by concerns of some Nigerian youths and women, both at home and abroad, who are clamouring that he should run in 2023.

Speaking in an interview with Daily Trust , Bello said it will amount to disappointment and betrayal of confidence and trust by Nigerians if he tells them no.

” Nigerians are behind all these calls and clamours that I should run for president in 2023. Nigerian youths and women, both at home and abroad, are clamouring that I should run in 2023. They want to pull me out of my cocoon at all cost. Of course I have been listening to them; and like I said, at an appropriate time we will give a definite answer. But one thing is sure; it will amount to disappointment and betrayal of confidence and trust by Nigerians if I tell them no.”

He added that two-third of the various state houses of assembly across this country are calling on him to run.

“I will not disappoint them, by the grace of God. It is their right and opinion to clamour that I should run, and I don’t think they are committing any offence. So there is no need to reprimand them or anybody.”
https://newsday.com.ng/gov-yahaya-bello-declares-interest-to-contest-for-2023-presidency/
Re: Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency by Ever8090: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2021
God forbid!!...

1 Like

Re: Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency by tomilayomi: 10:09am On Aug 22, 2021
iswok
Re: Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency by jetwonder(m): 10:12am On Aug 22, 2021
A Very Selfish Politician!
Re: Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency by DaCharis2016: 10:17am On Aug 22, 2021
Pls come ooo! We need to see young and vibrant Nigerians contesting.
Re: Gov. Yahaya Bello Declares Interest To Contest For 2023 Presidency by OkuFaba(m): 10:37am On Aug 22, 2021
Very stupid...

Power no dey tire una.. Allow fresh young politicians to come up

(1) (Reply)

Insight: How Sunday Igboho Is Coping Presently In Benin Republic - Lawyer Oluseg / Fun facts about Bola Tinubu / Over 200 Nigerians, Mostly Suspected Members Of IPOB Arrested By Security Agenci

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.