Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,622 members, 7,888,988 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:51 PM

Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE (1230 Views)

Breaking News!!! The 3 None Igbo LGAs In Abia State!! / Edwin Clark: No Igbo-Speaking Person From Delta, Rivers Should Contest / Ekiti Election: How APC And PDP Stand In The 16 LGAs In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2021
The SE is supposed to hold all the Igbo population within Nigeria same the SW holds 98% if not all Yoruba people in Nigeria and in any case the SE is too small they should bring in the Anioma, Ukwuani and Ndokwa LGAs into the SE as a new Anioma State or to be divided between Anambra and Imo State either one works fine thye are historically and culturally Igbo people and thousands of us here agree that we are Igbo epople regardless of the Bini minority in our population

The FG should do the needful and restructure the nation in such a way that the SE is expanded to include parts of Delta and Rivers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Emperormartin(m): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2021
Do you know that in map of Nigeria, akwaibom and cross River State are more south east than Abia and imo state...The only South south states according to the map are Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta states.
Personally, I don't believe in South East or south south region.
I believe in the old eastern region

6 Likes

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2021
Emperormartin:
Do you know that in map of Nigeria, akwaibom and cross River State are more south east than Abia and imo state...The only South south states according to the map are Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta states.

Tbh this makes more sense but ethnic politics messed up the division of states in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 3:10pm On Aug 22, 2021
But ultimately the eastern region cannot stand today we would need one region encompassing all igbo population including those in Rivers, Delta, Kogi and Benue and a separate one for the Niger Delta people e.g. Isoko, Ijaw etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by techwaya: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2021
Only an Igbo president can do that, fulanis do not want igbos to have oil and sea access,they don't want Igboland to progress because we show them pepper in the Biafran war they hate Igboland..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2021
techwaya:
Only an Igbo president can do that, fulanis do not want igbos to have oil and sea access,they don't want Igboland to progress because we show them pepper in the Biafran war they hate Igboland..

Which is why we need to work to unite the south it is only through yoruba and igbo unity that igbo presidency can be seen in earnest and this unity starts by uniting all the Igbo groups across Nigeria especially the estranged ones in Delta, Rivers, Kogi and Benue
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2021
techwaya:
The main reason they want one Nigeria at all cost .. hypocrites
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by after4: 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2021
It's obvious that won't hold for too long. Aside the mounting debt which is being borrowed to support our budget, the amount of terrorist being created by the north is getting to a stage were the south will have the option of breaking up to survive. You can be assimilating terrorists into the society in the name of "repentant" and expect to solve terror problem. I am confident we will break up out of necessity

Grgton:
The main reason they want one Nigeria at all cost .. hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 3:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
after4:
It's obvious that won't hold for too long. Aside the mounting debt which is being borrowed to support our budget, the amount of terrorist being created by the north is getting to a stage were the south will have the option of breaking up to survive. You can be assimilating terrorists into the society in the name of "repentant" and expect to solve terror problem. I am confident we will break up out of necessity

That is unless new leadership comes up and squashes the terrorists or if there's a coup and they move on to squash the terrorists but as of now it is most likely that we will be seeing southern Nigeria and Northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by LionTiger(m): 4:44pm On Aug 22, 2021
We Deltans are proudly Igbo 100%
Rivers state are 75% Igbo
I think you should be focusing on Edo state because we share similar culture.
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
LionTiger:

Are there igbos in edo?
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abohboy:

Are there igbos in edo?

If there are igbos in Edo state I fear they would have become like the Ika where they see themselves as Bini instead of Igbo ignoring the clear similarities in language and culture, those ones are too far gone
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by LionTiger(m): 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2021
Abohboy:

Are there igbos in edo?

Sure
(Igbanke I think) and some other tribes.
There are Igbo's even in Kogi and Benue States.
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by SlayerForever: 9:57pm On Aug 22, 2021
You have your work cut out.
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Abohboy: 10:31pm On Aug 22, 2021
SlayerForever:
You have your work cut out.

I know but with the help of others with similar ideologies it should be no problem
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by LamidiCownu: 12:47am On Aug 23, 2021
Abohboy:
The SE is supposed to hold all the Igbo population within Nigeria same the SW holds 98% if not all Yoruba people in Nigeria and in any case the SE is too small they should bring in the Anioma, Ukwuani and Ndokwa LGAs into the SE as a new Anioma State or to be divided between Anambra and Imo State either one works fine thye are historically and culturally Igbo people and thousands of us here agree that we are Igbo epople regardless of the Bini minority in our population

The FG should do the needful and restructure the nation in such a way that the SE is expanded to include parts of Delta and Rivers

See ignorance...
You mean 98% of Yorubas are in the south west grin ;

1 Like

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Branzy(m): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2021
Abohboy:

If there are igbos in Edo state I fear they would have become like the Ika where they see themselves as Bini instead of Igbo ignoring the clear similarities in language and culture, those ones are too far gone

They are igbo speaking groups in edo Ibanke and communities they share boundaries with igbo speaking groups in delta
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by ono(m): 1:23am On Aug 23, 2021
LionTiger:

Who told you Deltans are 100% Igbo??

1 Like

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by chrisxxx(m): 4:55am On Aug 23, 2021
Emperormartin:
That is to say you like Lord Lugard Eastern Nigeria but hate his Nigeria right?

1 Like

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by VEXT: 6:28am On Aug 23, 2021
Mad people thread
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Danzysb(m): 9:21am On Aug 23, 2021
The ikas have turned igbophobic,the government deliberately changed obigbo to oyigbo,see how they killed igbos there in rivers like animals under wike.
I think we must start making igbos in delta,rivers, akwa ibom,bayelsa etc..feel at home and comfortable with the wider Igbo nation,start investing there,like was done in Asaba.
And we must not let elements taunt our people like the way Ijaw is claiming Ndoki, because of political reasons but Economically they reject them.
Imagine this dehumanization below...

Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Danzysb(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2021
VEXT:
Mad people thread
What is mad about the thread?
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by LionTiger(m): 9:33am On Aug 23, 2021
ono:

Who told you Deltans are 100% Igbo??

Na you!
Must you be Igbo only by Language?
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by Emperormartin(m): 1:18pm On Aug 23, 2021
chrisxxx:
That is to say you like Lord Lugard Eastern Nigeria but hate his Nigeria right?
Mind you I didn't say Nigeria old eastern region rather I said old eastern region only.
And secondly, even your lugard was not in the picture when the old eastern region was created
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by skybeauty(f): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
They really dealt with Igbo people with their divide and rule. We need a working Ohaneze to set things right.
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by chrisxxx(m): 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2021
Emperormartin:

Mind you I didn't say Nigeria old eastern region rather I said old eastern region only.
And secondly, even your lugard was not in the picture when the old eastern region was created
Lol. Who created eastern Nigeria?
Bros na Lugard ooo. If e no be Lugard na Britain. Head or tail na the same.
Re: Igbo LGAs In Delta And Rivers Should Become Part Of The SE by IgbuduMonkey: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2022
Abohboy:

many of your fellow Aboh people say they are not Igbo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Ipob Terrorists. Nothing Should Happen To Enugu Bishop / Gov. Makinde Unveils New Amotekun HQ, Gives Awards To Amotekun Soldiers / This Is Imezi Owa, Ezeagu Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.