Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,404 members, 7,911,000 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 10:26 PM

“I Am The Master Of My Fate…”- Invictus. 7 Timeless William Ernest Henley Quotes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “I Am The Master Of My Fate…”- Invictus. 7 Timeless William Ernest Henley Quotes (177 Views)

Ernest Washington Releases Pre-Wedding Photos With Chinenye Anastacia Peter / Ernest Asuzu Battles Stroke, Turns Roadside Beggar / Ernest Obi And Wife, Evi Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Am The Master Of My Fate…”- Invictus. 7 Timeless William Ernest Henley Quotes by Ayietim(m): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2021
You’re the master of your fate,
You’re the driver of your life,
no one can control you except you let them,
no one will place their life on hold to help you live your life.”

7 Timeless William Ernest Henley Quotes:

In the fell clutch of circumstance, I have not winced nor cried aloud: Under the bludgeoning of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed.
2. It is the artist’s function not to copy but to synthesise: to eliminate from that gross confusion of actuality which is his raw material whatever is accidental, idle, irrelevant, and select for perpetuation that only which is appropriate and immortal.

3. It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll; I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

4. Now, to read poetry at all is to have an ideal anthology of one’s own, and in that possession to be incapable of content with the anthologies of all the world besides.

5. This is the merit and distinction of art: to be more real than reality, to be not nature but nature’s essence.

6. There are two men in Tolstoy. He is a mystic and he is also a realist. He is addicted to the practice of a pietism that for all its sincerity is nothing if not vague and sentimental; and he is the most acute and dispassionate of observers, the most profound and earnest student of character and emotion.

7. Shakespeare often writes so ill that you hesitate to believe he could ever write supremely well; or, if this way of putting it seem indecorous and abominable, he very often writes so well that you are loth to believe he could ever have written thus extremely ill.

P. S;

Invictus by William Ernest Henley:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

https://ayietim.com/2021/08/23/i-am-the-master-of-my-fate-invictus-7-timeless-william-ernest-henley-quotes/

(1) (Reply)

Prince Adesegun Samuel Egunjobi At The Nigeria Reggae Festival Press Conference / How Tega And Her Husband Finally Reconciled / 2face Idibia Releases Official Statement On Marital Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.