Stats: 3,173,224 members, 7,887,602 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:12 AM

Do you know the History Of Android? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do you know the History Of Android? (1700 Views)

Which Type Of Android Phone Can I Get On A 15K Budget / Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices / KRACK Attack: 41% Of Android Devices Are Easy To Hack (2) (3) (4)

Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by Cabardin: 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
Not everyone knows that the Android operating system was initially designed not for smartphones but for cameras. There were literally a few people working on it under the direction of Andy Rubin. They did their thing, they believed in it, but they had no idea what it'd all end up in. Android was not originally owned by Google and had nothing to do with it at all. Rubin's team had been working on software in their little world since 2003 and trying to do android rooting. At one point, they were close to selling their work to Samsung. They flew to Korea, met with the company's management, but were turned down.
Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by Benjaniblinks(m): 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2021
Started from 2.3
Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by atheistandproud(m): 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Cabardin:
Not everyone knows that the Android operating system was initially designed not for smartphones but for cameras. There were literally a few people working on it under the direction of Andy Rubin. They did their thing, they believed in it, but they had no idea what it'd all end up in. Android was not originally owned by Google and had nothing to do with it at all. Rubin's team had been working on software in their little world since 2003 and trying to do android rooting. At one point, they were close to selling their work to Samsung. They flew to Korea, met with the company's management, but were turned down.

Because Samsung no get sense lol
Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by atheistandproud(m): 3:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
Benjaniblinks:
Started from 2.3

You got in on the act before me lol. grin grin grin

I was into HTC windows then.
Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:29pm On Oct 22, 2021
atheistandproud:

You got in on the act before me lol. grin grin grin

I was into HTC windows then.
Lol. I can still remember the UI and all.
I used over 7 different Symbian phones before porting to android I can't remember the exact model but it was HTC too.

I wish late Symbian could compete brutally with android like iOS embarassed. It had a promising future

Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by atheistandproud(m): 10:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

Lol. I can still remember the UI and all.
I used over 7 different Symbian phones before porting to android I can't remember the exact model but it was HTC too.

I wish late Symbian could compete brutally with android like iOS embarassed. It had a promising future

Blame Nokia. Na their fault.
Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by Reeberry: 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
Bodmum:
yes, is it your quote?
You mumu too much. Why you go qoute the whole post?

Re: Do you know the History Of Android? by Flashh: 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2021
I started from Android 2.2, skipped "3.0." Proceeded to 4.0,4.1, 4.2, 5.0 Android interface started getting more interesting from 5.0(Lollipop).

I used Android 6.0 and 7.0 on just 1 phone, thanks to software update. I used "Android 8" on another new device. I skipped "Android 9 and 10"(I never experienced them, on any of my personal phone).

From Android "8" direct to Android "11".

Pixel Camera / Quran Gsm Mobile Phone And Digital Quran / Is My Htc Desire Z Phone Bricked