Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,909 members, 7,872,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:06 AM

Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal (1052 Views)

Babangida: Nigeria’s Military Overstretched,Operates With Obsolete Equipment / Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Allowances, Obsolete Equipment In Borno / Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by iwaeda: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2021
Tambuwal, Open grazing
Aminu Tambuwal
By Olasunkanmi Akoni & Juliet Umeh, LAGOS
Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State has said open grazing is obsolete and should be dumped totally.

Tambuwal, who said this on Monday at the 63 birthday lecture in honour of veteran journalist, author and activist, Mr. Richard Akinnola, in Lagos, noted that open grazing was no longer in vogue.

He equally spoke on the type of leadership Nigeria needs and the importance of decentralising the police structure.

Tambuwal spoke on “Security Challenges in Nigeria and its Implications for Sustainable Development”.

Delivering his address, the governor said: “Nigeria needs a leader that is versatile and one that has friends and associates across the length and breadth of the country.

“Nigeria needs a leader with a broad world view and not a parochial and provincial politician.

“We need an incorruptible leader, who understands that the best way to fight corruption is by personal examples and also by the building of strong institutions that can withstand shocks and manipulations.”

On grazing, he said: “I condemned and addressed this sometimes last year when I went to commission a project in Abia State.

“I said open grazing should be discarded as it’s no more in vogue. We need to re-orientate ourselves and live in modem realities.”

He also spoke on decentralisation of the police: “After reviewing extant constitutional provisions, it is clear that the main coercive forces of the nation are controlled by the Federal Government, ranging from arms and ammunition to defence, police, to the Armed Forces and others.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/open-grazing-obsolete-nigeria-needs-a-versatile-leader-tambuwal/amp/?
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Saao(m): 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
Enlightened man but try give him power, he will do worse than bubu. He's only appearing to voting southern public with that condemning open grazing. All hausa Muslims are one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Afamsi: 8:38pm On Aug 23, 2021
Buharis cows will not agree with this submission.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:39pm On Aug 23, 2021
shocked

Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State has said open grazing is obsolete and should be dumped totally.

Buhari thinks otherwise.

Delivering his address, the governor said: “Nigeria needs a leader that is versatile and one that has friends and associates across the length and breadth of the country.

To Buhari it's Fulani, cow or nothing. So sad

“We need an incorruptible leader, who understands that the best way to fight corruption is by personal examples and also by the building of strong institutions that can withstand shocks and manipulations.”

It amazes me how people manage to put Buhari, incorruptible and integrity in one sentence undecided

“I said open grazing should be discarded as it’s no more in vogue. We need to re-orientate ourselves and live in modem realities.”

Buhari and Fulani herdsmen needs the reorientation more not We.

1 Like

Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by insidelife22(m): 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2021
There is no day under the sun that you will open Nairaland or Linda Ikeji's blog without seeing Death news,kidnappings,Adultnappings,Banditery and suicide news.
The Ancestor is Aso rock does not care about anybody who is not a Fulani or Muslim.
Any body wey survive this Addultration (adminstration) should be giving an award for survival.

1 Like

Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by AntiBMC(m): 9:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
This one that they are now coming out one by one to speak against open grazing and bandits...hope it's not another taqiyya? First Gov Elrufai now Tambuwal.

2 Likes

Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Jostoman: 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2021
Saao:
Enlightened man but try give him power, he will do worse than bubu. He's only appearing to voting southern public with that condemning open grazing. All hausa Muslims are one.
give him power first and see what he can do with it.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Buckeyemedia1: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2021
Afamsi:
Buharis cows will not agree with this submission.
Charity they say begins at home, has open grazing been banned in Sokoto State? Go & find out first, that is how they keep deceiving Mumus.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by ComrdDRS1: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2021
AntiBMC:
This one that they are now coming out one by one to speak against open grazing and bandits...hope it's not another taqiyya? First Gov Elrufai now Tambuwal.

Ortom has been right all this while.....
God bless Ortomatic

1 Like

Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by hisexcellency34: 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
I don't believe Tambuwal
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by mightyhaze: 10:03pm On Aug 23, 2021
So na now you know? U didn't know when you and ua mob were packaging old Roger for us

1 Like

Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Afamsi: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Charity they say begins at home, has open grazing been banned in Sokoto State? Go & find out first, that is how they keep deceiving Mumus.
Whether it is banned in sokoto or not has nothing to do with the subject matter and facts in his speech.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 23, 2021
for me, Ruga or Grazing route means two things:

(1) To end Nigeria: This is because, you can not important Fulani population from other Africa country with Nigeria money to occupy our land and even influence our election to swinge or gain more vote. This is the best time for indigenous ethnic nationality to ask for the break up of the Nigeria state via protest and legal means.

(2) To end Fulani: With this option, the federal government of Nigeria have given the indigenous ethnic nationality of Nigeria the opportunity to end the fulani people for all the atrocities they have committed against the indigenous people of the Nigeria state, by given an area of land to the Fulani people. This means that attack and of genocider tendency can easily be carried out against the Fulani in mass approach, as they are all concentrate in a particular formation of land a.k.a Ruga or Grazing route. They make for a soft target for indigenous ethnic nationality that the Fulani have been killing for year. This is actually a welcomed development if you really want revenge for your love once that the Fulani have attacked and kill in the past
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Dozis: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2021
This one wants to be President that's why he desperately want to sound different, nobody should be deceived, if he enters Aso rock as president now, he will start sounding a discordant tune.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Powersurge: 5:29am On Aug 24, 2021
I swear to God it's very hard for me to trust a northern Moslim. No thanks to Buhari. And after seeing the speed with which Atiku xame to condemn the southern governors on opening grazing... Na d final straw b dt
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by gambia(m): 5:31am On Aug 24, 2021
Look at this man, he should ban open grazing first in his state, you can't deceive me.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by Faiththatworks(m): 5:47am On Aug 24, 2021
I don't understand why Gen Buhari still thinks Nigeria is still in 1932.
The General has refused to understand Nigeria is now made up of more than 200 million Nigerians,and the land mass of the country has decreased since the outdated colonial land grazing gazette was enacted.
Gen Buhari,your parochial and narrow minded pursuit of this Colonial era edict will totally destroy and splinter Nigeria faster than the Civil war.
I don't understand why this archaic and ancient General has refused to accept that moving cows from the desert of sokoto to the green belts of akwa ibom and the lustrine valley of sagamu is a tonic for wars and conflict.
Nigeria has left Gen Buhari behind but he's holding down this country,it's time to do away with all these colonial,and civil war relics leaders that ought to be in museums rather than leading Nigeria.
2023 is around the corner again, Nigerians shine your eyes.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by oyatz(m): 5:50am On Aug 24, 2021
Jostoman:
give him power first and see what he can do with it.

And what did he do with powers as Gov of Sokoto State? His State has the highest poverty rate in Nigeria.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by iwaeda: 8:07am On Aug 24, 2021
oyatz:

And what did he do with powers as Gov of Sokoto State? His State has the highest poverty rate in Nigeria.

We will give your family land as grazing route to the hersdmen.
Re: Open Grazing Obsolete; Nigeria Needs A Versatile Leader — Tambuwal by oyatz(m): 10:51am On Aug 24, 2021
iwaeda:

We will give your family land as grazing route to the hersdmen.

How is this related to my post?

I am not faulting his assertion that open grazing is obsolete.

However publicly declaring that open grazing is obsolete doesn't confer superb leadership skills on anyone.

(1) (Reply)

Dog Chop Dog As IPOB Blocks Simeon Ekpa - PHOTOS / Enugu 2023: Ike Ekweremadu Is At It Again / Meet Late Major Adewale Ademoyega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.