Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,887 members, 7,973,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 06:51 AM

Lessons On Inflation, Investment & Preserving Money Value:A Young Woman's Story - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lessons On Inflation, Investment & Preserving Money Value:A Young Woman's Story (194 Views)

Of Non-academic Students, Inflation, And Profiling In Abraka / Amazing Lessons On Real Estate From Banky W That You Must Know / Do You Know Real Value When You See One? Click Here To Know More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons On Inflation, Investment & Preserving Money Value:A Young Woman's Story by lagospropertiez: 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2021
My favouritest (it's not a word, I know grin) person in the world growing up as a little girl was my grandfather. Still is, even though he's long gone now.

In my ongoing life's journey, I carry along with me memories of him as a kind, gentle but firm, generous, principled but not obnoxious, hilarious and well respected man. I've stepped into really big shoes. I still have a lot of growing up to do to fill them up.

What cemented his place in my little heart though, were the stories he shared with me alone or in private, family moments. Stories that transported my young, vivid imagination to places I'd never been and to people I'd never met; about his adventures as a young man living with relatives in Northern Nigeria or as a young, long awaited child being spoiled by his Nana, among many other stories.

One of such, was about a wealthy king. This king once wanted to embark on a very important and long trip, so he strategically allocated his businesses and assets to different managers based on their track record.

As a savvy businessman, the king expected to get results, to make profits. And on his return, the managers delivered satisfactorily, except for one.

His excuse to the king was, "I was afraid to lose your money to robbers, so I kept it hidden. Now, here it is, take back what you gave me". The king, my grandfather said, became furious with the manager, fired him, sued him and got him jailed for breach of contract.

"Was that not a bit of an overreaction? His money was saved and not lost, wasn't it? And he got back his asset didn't he?" These were questions I turned over in my young mind but never asked, as I continued to enjoy my grandfather's storytelling.

As an adult now though, I think I understand the reason behind the king's fury. Time value of money, impacted by year-on-year, or crazy month-on-month inflation, as is currently the case in our dear country, will do wonders, negatively, to money hidden away in locked savings, or even fixed deposit accounts, as long as the inflation rate continues to exceed the interest earned on those accounts.

There are several ways an investor can try to hedge against inflation; but an essential principle would be to invest in asset classes that typically outperform the market in inflationary times.

One of such assets (among others like gold, commodities etc) is real estate.

Real estate in my consideration, is the best asset against inflation overall. Here's are some reasons why:

1. Property values increase over time: Tangible assets like gold and real estate tend to retain their inherent value even during periods of inflation. Even if the real estate sector experiences a crash, as was the case in the United States and Europe about a decade ago, the properties will still be there and will later appreciate.

2. Real Estate Provides a Steady Cash Flow : Unlike gold, it is possible to earn a regular income on real estate via rent. A property owner can also increase rent periodically, especially in times of high inflation.

3. Owning Residential Property Protects You From Rising Rent:
Rising inflation affects everything, including rent prices. Property owners are shielded from mounting home rental prices because their housing cost is fixed, no matter what happens in the market.

If you are interested in real estate investments, below are some properties in Lagos and Abuja for your consideration:

LAGOS:

1. 4 Bedroom Semi Detached duplex
Location: Ocean Bay (fully developed) Estate, Orchid Road, off Chevron Toll Gate, Lekki.
Estate Title: C of O
Price: N75 million
Payment Plan: Up to 4 months

2. 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex
Location: Atlantique Mews (Mini Estate), Victoria Island Extension, Oniru
Estate Title: Governor's Consent
Price: N130 million
Payment Plan: Outright only

3. 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex
Location: Christabel's Gardens, Orchid Road, off Chevron Toll Gate, Lekki
Price: N59 million

4. 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex
Price: N48 million
Payment Plan: 3 months spread @ N49 million.

5. 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex
Location: Angles Court, inside Greenwood Park Estate, Abijo, Lekki.
Estate Title: Gazette
Price: N49 million
Payment Plan: 1-3 months spread @ N49 million.
4-6 month spread @ N51 million
Initial Deposit: N15 million

ABUJA:

1. Luxurious 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ,
*Location*: Lakeside Luxury Court, Kado, Close to Shoprite Jabi Lake, Abuja
Estate Title: C of O (FCDA)
Promo Price: N85m (0 - 3 Months)
4 - 6 Months: N90m
Minimum Initial Deposit: N35m
NB: Estate is still under construction (off-plan)

2. 5 Bedroom Semi Detached Smart Duplex + BQ
Title: C of O (FCDA)
Promo Price: N135M (0 - 3 Months)
Payment Plans:
4 - 6 Months: N137M
7 - 12 Months: N140M
Minimum Initial Deposit: N35M

3. Superb 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ
Title: CofO (FCDA)
Price: $151,515/ N75m
0 - 12 Months Payment Plan - Initial Deposit: $45,455/ N23 million
NB: Naira value is tied to current exchange rate, delivery timeline is 12 Months

4. Superb 6 Bedroom Villa (Fully Detached Duplex)
Estate Title: CofO (FCDA)
Price: $343,435/ N170 million
Payment Plan: 0 - 12 Instalment with Initial Deposit of $103,031/N52 million
NB: Naira value is tied to current exchange rate.

Kindly call/WhatsApp 08039829649 for details, if you or someone you know is interested in any of the above properties.
Re: Lessons On Inflation, Investment & Preserving Money Value:A Young Woman's Story by lagospropertiez: 4:53am On Aug 26, 2021
Call/WhatsApp now for site inspection and further details on 08039829649
Re: Lessons On Inflation, Investment & Preserving Money Value:A Young Woman's Story by Sukersoc: 10:03am On May 08, 2022
lagospropertiez:
My favouritest (it's not a word, I know grin) person in the world growing up as a little girl was my grandfather. Still is, even though he's long gone now.

In my ongoing life's journey, I carry along with me memories of him as a kind, gentle but firm, generous, principled but not obnoxious, hilarious and well respected man. I've stepped into really big shoes. I still have a lot of growing up to do to fill them up.

What cemented his place in my little heart though, were the stories he shared with me alone or in private, family moments. Stories that transported my young, vivid imagination to places I'd never been and to people I'd never met; about his adventures as a young man living with relatives in Northern Nigeria or as a young, long awaited child being spoiled by his Nana, among many other stories.

One of such, was about a wealthy king. This king once wanted to embark on a very important and long trip, so he strategically allocated his businesses and assets to different managers based on their track record.

As a savvy businessman, the king expected to get results, to make profits. And on his return, the managers delivered satisfactorily, except for one.

His excuse to the king was, "I was afraid to lose your money to robbers, so I kept it hidden. Now, here it is, take back what you gave me". The king, my grandfather said, became furious with the manager, fired him, sued him and got him jailed for breach of contract.

"Was that not a bit of an overreaction? His money was saved and not lost, wasn't it? And he got back his asset didn't he?" These were questions I turned over in my young mind but never asked, as I continued to enjoy my grandfather's storytelling.

As an adult now though, I think I understand the reason behind the king's fury. Time value of money, impacted by year-on-year, or crazy month-on-month inflation, as is currently the case in our dear country, will do wonders, negatively, to money hidden away in locked savings, or even fixed deposit accounts, as long as the inflation rate continues to exceed the interest earned on those accounts.

There are several ways an investor can try to hedge against inflation; but an essential principle would be to invest in asset classes that typically outperform the market in inflationary times.

One of such assets (among others like gold, commodities etc) is real estate.

Real estate in my consideration, is the best asset against inflation overall. Here's are some reasons why:

1. Property values increase over time: Tangible assets like gold and real estate tend to retain their inherent value even during periods of inflation. Even if the real estate sector experiences a crash, as was the case in the United States and Europe about a decade ago, the properties will still be there and will later appreciate.

2. Real Estate Provides a Steady Cash Flow : Unlike gold, it is possible to earn a regular income on real estate via rent. A property owner can also increase rent periodically, especially in times of high inflation.

3. Owning Residential Property Protects You From Rising Rent:
Rising inflation affects everything, including rent prices. Property owners are shielded from mounting home rental prices because their housing cost is fixed, no matter what happens in the market.

If you are interested in real estate investments, below are some properties in Lagos and Abuja for your consideration:

LAGOS:

1. 4 Bedroom Semi Detached duplex
Location: Ocean Bay (fully developed) Estate, Orchid Road, off Chevron Toll Gate, Lekki.
Estate Title: C of O
Price: N75 million
Payment Plan: Up to 4 months

2. 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex
Location: Atlantique Mews (Mini Estate), Victoria Island Extension, Oniru
Price: N130 million

3. 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex
Location: Christabel's Gardens, Orchid Road, off Chevron Toll Gate, Lekki
Price: N59 million

4. 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex
Price: N48 million
Payment Plan: 3 months spread @ N49 million.

5. 4 Bedroom Semi Detached Duplex
Location: Angles Court, inside Greenwood Park Estate, Abijo, Lekki.
Estate Title: Gazette
Price: N49 million
Payment Plan: 1-3 months spread @ N49 million.
4-6 month spread @ N51 million
Initial Deposit: N15 million

ABUJA:

1. Luxurious 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ,
*Location*: Lakeside Luxury Court, Kado, Close to Shoprite Jabi Lake, Abuja
Estate Title: C of O (FCDA)
Promo Price: N85m (0 - 3 Months)
4 - 6 Months: N90m
Minimum Initial Deposit: N35m

2. 5 Bedroom Semi Detached Smart Duplex + BQ
Title: C of O (FCDA)
Promo Price: N135M (0 - 3 Months)
Payment Plans:
4 - 6 Months: N137M
7 - 12 Months: N140M
Minimum Initial Deposit: N35M

3. Superb 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex + BQ
Title: CofO (FCDA)
Price: $151,515/ N75m
0 - 12 Months Payment Plan - Initial Deposit: $45,455/ N23 million
NB: Naira value is tied to current exchange rate, delivery timeline is 12 Months

4. Superb 6 Bedroom Villa (Fully Detached Duplex)
Estate Title: CofO (FCDA)
Price: $343,435/ N170 million
Payment Plan: 0 - 12 Instalment with Initial Deposit of $103,031/N52 million
NB: Naira value is tied to current exchange rate.

Kindly call/WhatsApp 08039829649 for details, if you or someone you know is interested in any of the above properties.

Well I enjoyed the story your grandad shared with you, its similar to the one told by Jesus in the Bible. I kind of gained a new insight into the story, namely, never keep money idle.
It's good the story has motivated you. However your properties are high-end it seems.

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Room Or Self Con. Around Mowe Or Owode / Hectares In Gwagwalada / 4 Bedroom Terrace Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.