Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,924 members, 7,931,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 06:44 PM

Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? (46626 Views)

Can 25 Million Naira Build This? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House? / Can 11 Million Naira Build This Kind House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by chriscrosss(m): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2021
talk2hb1:

It depends on location (Excluding Lagos, Portharcort , and Abuja), availability of Land, Architectural design, type of soil of the land, among others... undecided
never again in Nigeria..
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Bravemind55(m): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2021
4M can build you a home, depending the state you are and the person in charge, I spend close to 1.5m for my own from getting the Land to roofing level, I dey wait for like 1.5 Again for roofing shet and Windows and doors.
4 bedroom for that matter and 3 shopsWhat type of house can it build?

Is it advisable to go for it?

Edited

There is land available

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2021
Great500:
please can you talk more on this flat roof thing. Cz I think that will really save costs for those on a tight budget.

Flat roof is good if you dont want to spend a fortune on roofing as it requires fewer materials interms of wood and roofing sheets.
Very common in the Northern part because of their strong winds which pull down roofs.

I believe you can seriously reduce your building cost on the roofing side with practical flat roof designs.
Don follow the crowd that likes building high roofs with no cellars inside these high roofs like they do abroad.

Building a house is like clothing, choose what fits you.

Here are some design ideas for you to show your builder, dont let the negative spirits discourage you, a good architect can design something for your budget.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Seline3232: 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2021
Are you sure that building a house is a good idea? I encountered this question while moving. I understood that I wanted housing to be my personal. Accordingly, renting an apartment or house did not suit me. I decided to consider it cheaper to build a house or buy ready-made housing. The construction turned out to be more profitable but longer. Still, I decided to pay more and buy a wonderful apartment from https://1newhomes.com/new-homes/property-studio/ .I bought a studio apartment. It's not very big, but it's my property. Additionally, it is located in a picturesque area
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2021
Bravemind55:
4M can build you a home, depending the state you are and the person in charge, I spend close to 1.5m for my own from getting the Land to roofing level, I dey wait for like 1.5 Again for roofing sheet and Windows and doors.
4 bedroom for that matter and 3 shopsWhat type of house can it build?

Edited

There is land available

You have gone far, I see you didnt do German floor, am guessing you re going for a bungalow. Welldone.

What makes roofing expensive is the type of material used. People dont know of Cameron zinc its looks like ordinary zinc, but its made of aluminium so you dont see the rust you see on zinc.

Asbestos is also good and still used in some countries. Its cheaper than Alumaco and Aesthetically better, people dont know that asbestos is fire proof.

Alumaco is good but not the most durable unless you use a thicker guage.

You can also doo a concrete roof if funds permit.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Chuksemi(m): 12:27pm On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:
What type of house can it build?

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

The soil is strong.

a.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by sliksusan: 12:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
phorget:

The problem we are facing is that everybody has become a builder. Just because baba Mukaila helped you to conjure something he termed a structure doesn't mean you have become an authority in construction.
Constructions entails a well detailed procedures to avoid headaches in the near future and those details must be observed. 4million will never build to finish a standard 3bedroom bro at least not in this current economic situations.
3000 blocks on the average,

45 bags of cements on the average for.
the mortal,

Reinforcement rods for the columns,

Cements for column/lintel casting,

Gravel/granite for all casting works i.e.
blinding(6"thickness or manage
4"thickness with a width of 6" 9" 6"
considering your dead weight
calculations.), oversite concrete flooring
minimum of 2" thickness of which
standard is 6" but as we sabi manage
for naija nah.

We haven't mention tonnes of sands o and every other things to be purchased aside the workmanship of contractors on various stages of the construction. How about the roofing? How about the plumbing and every other essential finishing? Not luxury finishing o.
4million would take it from the foundation to roofing state bro then you'll do check and balancing to know how much you are left with.

You right my 3bedroom flat which bulding at Ikorodu l have spend more than 10million on it never finished on one plot of land

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by GenWOJUOLA(m): 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2021
Where in Delta is the site? Contact me let's get it done. Although with the rising cost, it might not be completely done with, but it would be liveable.

0* 816232* 42* 60

There are a lot of ways to save costs, but it depends on your location. What would chop your money is just cement and rod. If there's water, we're good to go
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Fantazy(m): 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
Just look for sure 3 odds this weekend and triple the money, and build your dream house. Don't settle for a mediocre house!

There u go!
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by steeltrust: 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
phorget:

The problem we are facing is that everybody has become a builder. Just because baba Mukaila helped you to conjure something he termed a structure doesn't mean you have become an authority in construction.
Constructions entails a well detailed procedures to avoid headaches in the near future and those details must be observed. 4million will never build to finish a standard 3bedroom bro at least not in this current economic situations.
3000 blocks on the average,

45 bags of cements on the average for.
the mortal,

Reinforcement rods for the columns,

Cements for column/lintel casting,

Gravel/granite for all casting works i.e.
blinding(6"thickness or manage
4"thickness with a width of 6" 9" 6"
considering your dead weight
calculations.), oversite concrete flooring
minimum of 2" thickness of which
standard is 6" but as we sabi manage
for naija nah.

We haven't mention tonnes of sands o and every other things to be purchased aside the workmanship of contractors on various stages of the construction. How about the roofing? How about the plumbing and every other essential finishing? Not luxury finishing o.
4million would take it from the foundation to roofing state bro then you'll do check and balancing to know how much you are left with.
bro
Cut your coat according to your size
4million can build you a standard 3bedroom
Stop blabbing and ask me how
Were you no know another person know from there

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Cashio(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
teemyte:
Trust me, 3 million will finish a 3 bedroom flat
if I slap ur mouth.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by mechanics(m): 12:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
It depends on the size of the house and the materials to be used.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
talk2hb1:

It depends on location (Excluding Lagos, Portharcort , and Abuja), availability of Land, Architectural design, type of soil of the land, among others... undecided
Construction in Abuja is cheaper than many people think.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by MrFly(m): 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2021
colorsofrainbow:

In this Buhari era,Ofcourse..a very BIG toy house.
But one thing.After u don build the house finish,roof no go dey.Na umbrella u go still dey use inside the toy house.

Sai Baba till 2090!
don't mind them, it be can build a four bedroom en suite with a roof on it. 1.8m for blockwalls and 2m for roofing. Fees inclusive
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by valves: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Yea it will but might not finish the project. Let me show u on how to go about it. If u r building a 3 bed room flat, just tell the engineer to the forming and German floor for u. Then tell him that he will inspect it from German floor to roofing stage which should not be more than 3 or 5k per visit use local Manson for the block work they collect about 40 naira per block.
Block work to parapet = 1200000
Roofing use 4.5 mm for ur roof=1300000
Window and door -700000
Plastering/window hook=350000
Toilet firings =250000
Tiles go for China tiles=700000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000
Just budget 5m and ur work is done don't get discourage by comments u see here. Good luck.

Bro this estimate isn't realistic. You are probably using old price to estimate.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Dirkcoyt: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
authority2006:

What type of foundation is that?

Abi ooo for foundation . Omo is either most people commenting don’t know value of the money they call or never smelt that amount before or they haven’t oversee a building project before they just open mouth talk waaaa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by valves: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2021
teemyte:

How much do you think foundation and roofing alone will cost? Not to talk of he finishing?
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2021
loll not even a low budget house
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by stillseth: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
Op, dont let some people decieve you here.. 4million cant build and finish a standard 3bedroom flat. the 4M will go a long way but wont finish it. From the 4M, By the time you buy sharp sand, Granite, 3k blocks, cements, iron rods, plus workmaship before it even get to the roofing stage.. How much will remain from the 4M before it get to roofing? roofing alone, i dont know how cheap will gulped 1.5 from you,.. Do you even know the price of woods suitable for roofing is?. in 2010, 4M would build a 3bedroom.. but now.. the inflation in this country is not a joke.. you will still factor in plumbring, alluminium for windows, buglary, tiles. the workmaship thats comes with every stages you get to to.... ETC... you can start with the money, it will go a long way but not complete it....do you think its cement worth of 200k that will plaster both inside and outside of the building plus the flooring too..
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Kolisky(m): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Yea it will but might not finish the project. Let me show u on how to go about it. If u r building a 3 bed room flat, just tell the engineer to the forming and German floor for u. Then tell him that he will inspect it from German floor to roofing stage which should not be more than 3 or 5k per visit use local Manson for the block work they collect about 40 naira per block.
Window and door -700000
Toilet firings =250000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000
Just budget 5m and ur work is done don't get discourage by comments u see here. Good luck.

Good afternoon! Are you an engineer or you did an engineering related course? I love your Bill of Quantity [BoQ], otherwise known to us in Civil Engineering as Bill of Engineering and Measurement Evaluation

I’m about entering 500L as Civil Engineer in one of the prominent Universities [Technology] here in SW

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by NamelessOGBENI(m): 1:24pm On Aug 25, 2021
A single bedroom bungalow is good to go...

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by TIGERSKY: 1:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
teemyte:
how are you an engineer

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by talk2hb1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Construction in Abuja is cheaper than many people think.
Really, I dunno sha

2 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by IHIEGOD: 1:48pm On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

The soil is strong.

Most of the people talking don't even know the cost of a bag of cement, the worst mistake u will make is to listen to majority of the advice they give u hear, go ahead and begin the house u even try by keeping 4million don't be discouraged it will complex it for u or do it 95 percent.
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by donbrowser(m): 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
Samfloxin:
If you already have land, it will go far for a four bedroom bungalow but will not finish it

It won't go any far bro. That money won't finish a mini flat
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by IHIEGOD: 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
Chuksemi:

Lol I started a 4 bedroom all en-suite bungalow in my interior village last year, I have spent roughly 5M so far and I’m just getting to the roofing stage. I never even fence the property.

When I started, a bag of cement was 2650, now with abeg you go see am 4,000 naira.
you are a criminal and an enemy of progress for saying this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by tonididdy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
starpon1:
Window and door -700000
Toilet firings =250000
Electrical work=250000
Celling =100000
It's still wouldn't finish.
You forgot metal work/ protectors
Toilet fittings
Painting
Soakaway

It's just wouldn't work maybe it will be sufficient for a 2bedroom but still doubtful
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by uncleteeh(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
Happinessjosh:

Edited

There is land available

In a small town in Delta

The soil is strong.
I am an architect here, I do excellent architectural designs and building constructional works.
The money can build you a one bed apartments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by tonididdy(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2021
daroz:

The location is Benin city.
Na so Benin Mata be.
Money I spent to build my house in Benin, I will build a duplex with same amount in the West.

Benin contractors are wild
Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by jidobaba(m): 2:09pm On Aug 25, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
4 million can not build a house baby girl
Except if you want to build a low budget house....even as at that I can bet my balls that money won't be enough....the highest that money can do...is to take it up to roofing level...anyway, just start it sha and see it has a continuous thing or project that must be completed over a long period of time ...

Building a house is not funny and easy...na so i start one last two years because say i dey see small small boys dey build mansion for our area for sapele road, Benin city
As i start am na there i realize what have put my hand into
Initially i wanted a metro tiles roof and parafet abi na parapet
But as i begin buy steel rod and cement from foundation.
Shaperly na im i change mind say if i fit do am reach roofing level then na the normal roofing i go use. Buying of wood( plank) for budding and three quarter granite nearly give me depression.

Even up till now the building dey there. No money to even do the normal roofing not to talk of metro tiles
A real niggarrr is too young to die because of house
I can't kill myself. Make the building dey there
I dey always wait for this your roofing comment and e dey resonate. smiley angry

@Op, manage your expectations. There's a reason why there are so many uncompleted buildings all over.

3 Likes

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by victorazy(m): 2:11pm On Aug 25, 2021
[quote author=christopheojo post=105162503][/quote]

3bedroom bungalow

1 Like

Re: Can 4 Million Naira Build A House? by Captainjack100: 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
stillseth:
Op, dont let some people decieve you here.. 4million cant build and finish a standard 3bedroom flat. the 4M will go a long way but wont finish it. From the 4M, By the time you buy sharp sand, Granite, 3k blocks, cements, iron rods, plus workmaship before it even get to the roofing stage.. How much will remain from the 4M before it get to roofing? roofing alone, i dont know how cheap will gulped 1.5 from you,.. Do you even know the price of woods suitable for roofing is?. in 2010, 4M would build a 3bedroom.. but now.. the inflation in this country is not a joke.. you will still factor in plumbring, alluminium for windows, buglary, tiles. the workmaship thats comes with every stages you get to to.... ETC... you can start with the money, it will go a long way but not complete it....do you think its cement worth of 200k that will plaster both inside and outside of the building plus the flooring too..
Like how much do you think added on top will finish that? Just standard type

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aba Residents Rescue Children From Burning Building (Photos) / How To Prevent Your Prepaid Electricity Meter Card From Running Out Fast / A Storey Building Collapses In Badagry, Lagos, Rescue Operation Ongoing (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.