Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,843 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:58 AM

Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now (2563 Views)

Our Shops Will Be Demolished Because Igbo Didn't Vote For APC — Alaba Shop Owner / Unknown Gunmen Hailed At Ariaria Market, Aba(Pictures, Video) / Sex Party: El-Rufai's Son's House Should Also Be Demolished - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by proeast(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Afonja go and die.How is your dirty Ibadan?

Lol, you really must be new to nairaland. Please do small research about Proeast before embarrassing yourself.

This thread is to proffer ideas on how to develop the gold mine in Aba and never about mockery. I'm the last person that will mock an enterprising city like Aba.
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Ngorbungor(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:

No, don't put the blame on shop owners please. The state government is absolutely to blame here.

When Oshodi was demolished, do you know how much the traders tried to resist?

When Eke Onuwa Owerri was demolished, do you know how much the traders tried to resist?

It's only a passionate governor or government that knows its onions will look at the bigger picture and do what is right regardless of the challenges it may face. Those that condemn him at that point will later praise him, and posterity will judge him well.

People naturally resist change!

You are not getting my point, the shop owners should come together and have a solid plan or agreement with the government and the developer, as it's stand there is no trust and those shop owners are not going to fold there arms and watch a government to take away there shops and reallocate it to highest bidders.

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by dododawa1: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2021
nabiz:
It seems abia state leaderscdont know the value of Ariaria market. Governor dave Umahi should pls offer Ariaria producer and manufacturers 2years tax and free shop rent to come and occupy our newly constructed international market
umahi is ebonyi state governor
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Sufferingboy(f): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:

Lol, you really must be new to nairaland. Please do small research about Proeast before embarrassing yourself.

This thread is to proffer ideas on how to develop the gold mine in Aba and never about mockery. I'm the last person that will mock an enterprising city like Aba.

Afonja,you cannot deceive me.How is Ibadan?
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by PARADIZEPRIEST: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2021
FIRST CASUALITY OF A SIT AT HOME MADNESS,YU PPL DONT THINK ANYMORE KEEP MISBEHAVING WITH KANU... angry
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Sunday2021: 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:
Anyone who visits Ariaria market will weep at the opportunities wasting away. This market is unarguably one of Africa's largest markets with tens of thousands of shops and production clusters. This market that used to be a pride to not just Aba or Abia State but indeed all Igbos has been reduced to a source of shame and embarrassment.

That Ariaria was allowed to decay is an indictment on all the governors that have ruled Abia State since 1999. It shows they're all a bunch of mediocres who are not fit to govern a state. I was going through my Twitter page a couple of pages ago only to be embarrassed at gory pictures that were trending and they called it Ariaria! The worst is that some of the handles displaying it has hundreds of thousands to millions of followers cut across the globe! In a modern world where information travels at the speed of light, this was nothing but gross demarketing of Aba, Abia State and to an extent SE region. It was indeed a huge shame!! Then I wondered why Ariaria would be like that, a market hub and production centre?!

Ariaria is not just a marketing hub but also a massive production cluster where goods like shoes, bags, cloths, belts are mass produced. However, it makes one to cringe when you look at how irresponsible governance has allowed a goldmine to be wasting away when it requires just policy making and passion to turn the tide and make Ariaria the money spinner it ought to be for Abia State.

It has become critical for Ariaria to be demolished in phases and be replaced with either a massive mall or several mid sized malls and plazas clustered together. There is nothing modern or international about Ariaria in its present state. I don't know if Okezie Ikpeazu is just plain wicked, bereft of ideas or an ogboni man to have left Ariaria in that state. Can't he look at what is going on in Ebonyi State and the revolutionary works of Umahi. Ebonyi is supposed to be a far poorer state than Abia but the sort of projects Umahi builds is something all the idiotic governors of Abia State combined can't achieve since 1999!

I had written severally in the past on the need to replace the archaic lock up shops in Ariaria with massive malls or plazas but nothing seems to change. Instead of having 30,000 derelict shops that get flooded and has leaky roofs whenever it rains, build modern malls and plazas. Construct a dual carriage way and connect it to the Osisioma end of the Enugu/P.H expressway.

What makes it more ironical is that the state government does not even need to spend its own money to achieve this because private investors and banks will be falling over themselves to invest on an extremely viable project such as Ariaria. Again, Ariaria already has a small power plant and Shell recently constructed a gas pipeline to Aba that will be supplying cheap and reliable gas for power generation. In addition, Geometric power is also in Aba, generating huge megawatts of electricity. What this means is that massive malls can be built and they will still be affordable, safe, and conducive since traders won't have need to be wasting money on fueling or repairing their noisy generators and suffering losses from flood or leaking roof.

The multiplier effect on Aba would be massive because international brands like LG and Samsung will start coming in to open branches in Aba. Employment will increase, revenue will increase, quality of life will improve and people will start rushing back to Aba like it used to be in the past.

then you must return your kerosene.
Tell your governor to visit El rufai for advice.
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by SUPERBLOOM: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
Cyberterror:
Aba as a whole is an eyesore. The whole town should be demolished and rebuilt from scratch.
funny
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2021
Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Proeast don vex be dat! smiley

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by ImmaculateJOE(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Afonja go and die.How is your dirty Ibadan?
You are the real Afonja trying to discredit a good idea from proeast. Majority of Nairalanders knows that PRO-EAST is Igbotic to the core that seeks the development and togetherness or Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Sufferingboy(f): 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

You are the real Afonja trying to discredit a good idea from proeast. Majority of Nairalanders knows that PRO-EAST is Igbotic to the core that seeks the development and togetherness or Ndigbo.

Aboki mind your business.
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by blues234: 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2021
Yorubas are fanatically obsessed with Igbos. See how they have already invaded this thread to spew trash as usual. Tufiakwa!
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Sufferingboy(f): 4:17pm On Aug 25, 2021
[quote author=ImmaculateJOE post=105168492]
You are the real Afonja trying to discredit a good idea from proeast. Majority of Nairalanders knows that PRO-EAST is Igbotic to the core that seeks the development and togetherness

Poor aboki
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Sufferingboy(f): 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2021
blues234:
Yorubas are fanatically obsessed with Igbos. See how they have already invaded this thread to spew trash as usual. Tufiakwa!

Don't mind them.
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by jmoore(m): 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
Ngorbungor:

For me I won't blame the government, I will rather blame the shop owners, truth be told the government has tried to rebuild that market but the shop owners never wanted that to happen, because they don't trust the government and many other reasons.

I'm saying this because my uncle and my cousin have a shop in ariaria.

You don't want to blame Abia state government?
Same government that allowed additional nonsense shop constructions from Orji Uzor, T A Orji to Ikpeazu.

So shop owners are more powerful than government?

If the government is serious, they should offer compensation plans of the rebuilding for those that don't want reallocation.

But the government is not willing to pay to make things better.

If the drainage network in Faulks road is not good, flooding will remain a normal occurrence in Ariaria, no matter how beautiful Ariaria is.
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2021
proeast:
Anyone who visits Ariaria market will weep at the opportunities wasting away. This market is unarguably one of Africa's largest markets with tens of thousands of shops and production clusters. This market that used to be a pride to not just Aba or Abia State but indeed all Igbos has been reduced to a source of shame and embarrassment.

That Ariaria was allowed to decay is an indictment on all the governors that have ruled Abia State since 1999. It shows they're all a bunch of mediocres who are not fit to govern a state. I was going through my Twitter page a couple of pages ago only to be embarrassed at gory pictures that were trending and they called it Ariaria! The worst is that some of the handles displaying it has hundreds of thousands to millions of followers cut across the globe! In a modern world where information travels at the speed of light, this was nothing but gross demarketing of Aba, Abia State and to an extent SE region. It was indeed a huge shame!! Then I wondered why Ariaria would be like that, a market hub and production centre?!

Ariaria is not just a marketing hub but also a massive production cluster where goods like shoes, bags, cloths, belts are mass produced. However, it makes one to cringe when you look at how irresponsible governance has allowed a goldmine to be wasting away when it requires just policy making and passion to turn the tide and make Ariaria the money spinner it ought to be for Abia State.

It has become critical for Ariaria to be demolished in phases and be replaced with either a massive mall or several mid sized malls and plazas clustered together. There is nothing modern or international about Ariaria in its present state. I don't know if Okezie Ikpeazu is just plain wicked, bereft of ideas or an ogboni man to have left Ariaria in that state. Can't he look at what is going on in Ebonyi State and the revolutionary works of Umahi. Ebonyi is supposed to be a far poorer state than Abia but the sort of projects Umahi builds is something all the idiotic governors of Abia State combined can't achieve since 1999!

I had written severally in the past on the need to replace the archaic lock up shops in Ariaria with massive malls or plazas but nothing seems to change. Instead of having 30,000 derelict shops that get flooded and has leaky roofs whenever it rains, build modern malls and plazas. Construct a dual carriage way and connect it to the Osisioma end of the Enugu/P.H expressway.

What makes it more ironical is that the state government does not even need to spend its own money to achieve this because private investors and banks will be falling over themselves to invest on an extremely viable project such as Ariaria. Again, Ariaria already has a small power plant and Shell recently constructed a gas pipeline to Aba that will be supplying cheap and reliable gas for power generation. In addition, Geometric power is also in Aba, generating huge megawatts of electricity. What this means is that massive malls can be built and they will still be affordable, safe, and conducive since traders won't have need to be wasting money on fueling or repairing their noisy generators and suffering losses from flood or leaking roof.

The multiplier effect on Aba would be massive because international brands like LG and Samsung will start coming in to open branches in Aba. Employment will increase, revenue will increase, quality of life will improve and people will start rushing back to Aba like it used to be in the past.

Funny thing is that Ngwa road market (Ahiaohuru -second biggest market in aba) is being remodelled line by line by a private investor.

Last we heard of Ariaria being remodelled was just last year. Early 2015, a Chinese investor proposed being given most of Ariaria market to rebuild into a modern multistorey open market, but the market association in Ariaria took the state government to court and it became history.
Annoyingly enough, the foundation to remodel the market is already on ground.

1) Access bank built a top notch 2000 store shopping facility (ekumi shopping centre ) behind Ariaria market. As of today it has close to a 1,000 store empty-because traders refuse to move into it.

2) the 10mw aba ipp in front of A-line Ariaria is investing heavily to provide electricity to the market --(geometric power plant is still cold and now tied to the Chinese Ruyi group project.)

3) A new concrete road ( omuma road )is being built from osusu-Ariaria market .when completed,there will be two roads from main town Aba to the market.

And there isn't a shortage of investors willing to buy into the project.All the state government needs to do is to resolve there the lingering issues the have with the Ariaria market unions about shop allocation in a remodelled market (current shop holders are refusing to vacate or pay for a remodelled shop)
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2021
NGpatriot:
That rotten and decayed market is not the problem, your dirty and filthy lifestyle is the problem and it doesn't matter where you relocate to or what you build, the same rotten and decayed problem wount go away.

Change your dirty and unsanitary ways, it's a matter of public safety.
This is the root cause and changing this is the only lasting solution.
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by WhatCanIsay(m): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2021
eduj:

Funny thing is that Ngwa road market (Ahiaohuru -second biggest market in aba) is being remodelled line by line by a private investor.

Last we heard of Ariaria being remodelled was just last year. Early 2015, a Chinese investor proposed being given most of Ariaria market to rebuild into a modern multistorey open market, but the market association in Ariaria took the state government to court and it became history.

1) Access bank built a top notch 2000 store shopping facility (ekumi shopping centre ) behind Ariaria market. As of today it has close to a 1,000 store empty-because traders refuse to move into it.

2) the 10mw aba ipp in front of A-line Ariaria is investing heavily to provide electricity to the market --(geometric power plant is still cold and now tied to the Chinese Ruyi group project.)

3) A new concrete road ( omuma road )is being built from osusu-Ariaria market .when completed,there will be two roads from main town Aba to the market.

And there isn't a shortage of investors willing to buy into the project.All the state government needs to do is to resolve there the lingering issues the have with the Ariaria market unions about shop allocation in a remodelled market (current shop holders are refusing to vacate or pay for a remodelled shop)

I'm happy they didn't allow the Chinese investor to take over.

No remodelling can happen there without full support of the owners. It's matter of the government having a tete a tete with them, without recourse to deception of being bullish.
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Ngorbungor(m): 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2021
eduj:

You said the truth, like I mentioned earlier, the shop owners are the one holding ariaria from being rebuilt, they don't just trust the government and its partners, unless a solid arrangement or agreement is reached ariaria will still remain like that for many years to come
Re: Enough Is Enough: Why Ariaria Market Must Be Demolished Now by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 26, 2021
WhatCanIsay:

I'm happy they didn't allow the Chinese investor to take over.

No remodelling can happen there without full support of the owners. It's matter of the government having a tete a tete with them, without recourse to deception of being bullish.

Good point, but the owners should be realistic. Ariaria is bad and it's design is obsolete.it has no fire station or car park or a storage zone.
How can you expect an investor to pour billions into rebuilding Ariaria and hand over the shops back free of charge ?

The Chinese investors fleeing was bad, because the Chinese would have turned that market into a distribution hub -according to there plan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will Attacking Tinubu Get Igbos Presidency? / Biafra On Total And Complete Lockdown For Nnamdi Kanu 16/02/2022 / Ayo Fayose Has This To Say On Peter Obi Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.