Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,151 members, 7,880,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (911100 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Mikhaa23: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
Doree:

I booked and I bagged it!

PPR ALERT!!!
WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT AND CAN NEVER EXIST!
May 10th Applicant. BVL & PPR 28th August,
Will be back to share my timeline.
congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 29, 2021
Franklyfrank300:
All these stress just to relocate to Canada..

It's well...

I found a new method to relocate to Canada with low IELTS Specially for healthcare workers..

That's what we need now to reduce these struggles.

I can't post any link here to avoid being banned oh..

You can reach out for it..

Check my signature on my profile.
note for new bees, this is not the Frank we r all talking about oo.me I dont know dis Frank oo.the Frank we keep talking about(guru) is Frank robbn.take note of ppl like this ooo

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
KellyKk:
I think my payslip will explain that
I no explain anything but I only upload my payslip . But to me lump sum is a single payment deposit once
do u earn much?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
ManlikeDee:

Thank you!

It’s a Government agency where I served, and the department I was posted to needed my service again so the HOD decided to be paying me
u need a letter of introduction from him and cash salary certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by IntimidationJay: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
Dofrenzy:

Thank God for the safe landing. So was it in Toronto they gave you your study permit?
Yes, that was my port of entry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
Enjay316:
note for new bees, this is not the Frank we r all talking about oo.me I dont know dis Frank oo.the Frank we keep talking about(guru) is Frank robbn.take note of ppl like this ooo

Don't mind him. He used frank so people will think he is the main Frankboboe. Lol.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 7:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
Enjay316:
do u earn much?
I don’t earn much bro
Been getting paid since 2018 from my personal biz and all my nysc payment were made in same account without withdrawal till now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by KellyKk: 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
We have two frank(s) on this platform now ! Pls don’t go and fall victim and shine ur eyes well well to avoid story that touch
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2021
Naheem4real:

Good morning guys, how are y’all doing today? So, my Gcms note has arrived and the only refusal ground for the application was

*Pursuant to paragraph 220 (a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pls gurus in the house, I need your candid contributions. Thank you

Sorry about your refusal. From the reason the visa officer gave, it seems the main concern is how you can afford the studies especially seeing that it is for two years.
Your proof of funds and living expenses must be commensurate to prove you won't need to work in Canada. its mostly your funds that us the issue here .

let's keep faith and hope alive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by mercy445: 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Congrats to you and everyone who has received PPR this weekend.

Please everyone I have a quick question in anticipation for PPR this week. I am not in Nigeria right now, if I receive PPR should I simply just DHL my passport to Abuja or should I write IRCC and ask if I can stamp where I am? UK

Thanks
May 5th Applicant, trusting God.

Doree:

PPR ALERT!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
KellyKk:

I don’t earn much bro
Been getting paid since 2018 from my personal biz and all my nysc payment were made in same account without withdrawal till now
bro.in my own opinion, the pay slip does not deal with the issue of lump sum which according to u is 50% of what u have in ur statement of account. u shud look for an explanation to give to explain that lump sum especially if it's not coming directly from ur sponsor but if u have submitted ur application already I think(not sure) u can still send an explanation with evidence using webform and also tell them y u did not include it in ur initial application .but if u cant, just pray sha.there is nothing God cannot do.we have seen so many unpredictability with IRCC but it's just good to do ur own part and leave d rest to God.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 7:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
KellyKk:
I think my payslip will explain that
I no explain anything but I only upload my payslip . But to me lump sum is a single payment deposit once

The most important factor in talking about proof of funds is ensuring you can explain reasonably the source of the funds lodged in your account. Also, it is important to show a stable source of income, home ties and a great study plan.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
ManlikeDee:
Good day gurus,

Please I’m working but not employed and I’m paid in cash, please how do I go about the “letter of employment” and “pay slip”??

What do you mean you are working but not employed? do you run your own business? when you say you are paid cash? do you mean the funds you want to use for your study permit is cash? you must have a proper bank statement showing your source of funds, an employment letter, salary pay slip and everything necessary to prove you are working .

Let's Keep Faith and Hope alive
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debsogie20(f): 8:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
May 30th applicant

I saw the beginning and end of thread 19.
I will testify In this thread 20...

PPR about to drop..

My God is good and kind to me

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by demmyg4real: 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2021
chikalouisa:
Pls I need help nairalanders, I did change of data and capturing on my international passport since May 31st in Abuja and till date I’ve not gotten my passport all I hear is it’s in production. I don’t know what to do pls

My dear, na patience ooo... My passport renewal too 4months... But if u have an immigration officer in there to follow up for you may be it can help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Faithyyyyy: 8:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
Enjay316:
also for those that have done master and want to claim that the masters they want to pursue is their 1st masters, make sure u do ur home work well.check ur Facebook or social media profile to make sure u did not include it there nor post things there that indicate that.also, Edith ur Lindekin account. IRCC I gathered are thorough on Nigerians these days ooo.U claim u dont have masters but ur Lindekin account is showing u have masters, which do u believe IRCC will believe ?

I applied for my study permit to do a second Masters and stated boldly in my SOP. My first Masters was done in 2017 and I states I wanted to do a second Masters and I also had an active express entry profile at the same time which I explained properly.
I did get my study permit without any issues

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2021
Faithyyyyy:

I applied for my study permit to do a second Masters and stated boldly in my SOP. My first Masters was done in 2017 and I states I wanted to do a second Masters and I also had an active express entry profile at the same time which I explained properly.
I did get my study permit without any issues
but am sure it was not the same course u did in ur 1st masters.some ppl for instance already have an MBA in Nigeria but want to do another MBA as a study route to Canada.in such situation, he or she cant disclose that they have a masters also if someone has a masters in finance, it will not make sense for the person to spend his hard earned dollars to do masters in Accounting in the eyes of so many VO.so some ppl dont state it.in such situation, the person should review his Lindekin and social media account, including the Resume u r using to apply.imagin claiming u have not done masters and u 4got to edith ur C.V to remove masters from there.so one must b careful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
Enjay316:
but am sure it was not the same course u did in ur 1st masters.some ppl for instance already have an MBA in Nigeria but want to do another MBA as a study route to Canada.in such situation, he or she cant disclose that they have a masters also if someone has a masters in finance, it will not make sense for the person to spend his hard earned dollars to do masters in Accounting in the eyes of so many VO.so some ppl dont state it.in such situation, the person should review his Lindekin and social media account, including the Resume u r using to apply.imagin claiming u have not done masters and u 4got to edith ur C.V to remove masters from there.so one must b careful
also in my own opinion, if u have sent ur transcripts to IRCC before through WES.abeg think twice b4 u claim that this is ur 1st masters oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Seun541: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2021
Congratulations to everyone that recently got PPR. Favour, grace and good news this week for all of us still waiting.

Please has anyone sent an email or webform to IRCC recently and they replied?
If so, which email or webform did you use pls?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Thaiy(m): 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2021
Doree:

PPR ALERT!!!

Congratulations...... Canada will favour you.
It ended in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
Debsogie20:
May 30th applicant

I saw the beginning and end of thread 19.
I will testify In this thread 20...

PPR about to drop..

My God is good and kind to me
Congratulations in advance. May 15th applicant dropping tomorrow by God's grace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Godmakesking: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
Congratulations Doree. Mine is the next, May 11 applicant. What God cannot do does not exist.
Doree:

PPR ALERT!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by afomon12: 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2021
I want to ask. If someone gets visa approved after the commencement of the fall session. Would such a person still going to be able to travel ? After starting classes online ? Eg. Classes began September and gets approval october or November, can the person book flight immediately and travel ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amenmay: 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lizabeth36:
Wow!!! I salute the encourage u have to wait till now... it will surely end in praise

Amen oooooooooooooooooooooooooo the waiting is not easy at allllll

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 9:31pm On Aug 29, 2021
ayoslas88:

Pls, supposing I have my renewed passport already, is it a must I send it to ircc, or I can just use it directly when I get my passport request.

Kindly send to IRCC as soon as you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Amicableoga:

Does getting SIN have any connection with Nigerian NIN?

No.

Check out canada.ca (Service Canada) for full details.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Amenmay: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2021
jfrazzy:

When did u apply and what date

January 23, 2021
Biometrics January 28, 2021
Chargeback April 21, 2021
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoria94: 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
IntimidationJay:
Hello everybody, I just landed in Canada, the SP journey has been a hectic one, but grateful to have gotten here.

Landing gist,
Arrived MMA by 9 for my 1:45pm flight with Ethiopian airlines, the airport was basically empty, so I tipped the baggage security people 1k cos they already hailing me boss and said I can’t give them 5H, then I continued to agriculture declaration venue, I didn’t declare any agricultural products (though I had a bag full of food items) I just told them it’s clothes and books and since it was in a box, they let me go. Went ahead to check in, my bags weighed 20kg and 22kg, at check in; I showed Arrivecan, Covid test, admission letter/enrollment letter and Passport.
I got my boarding passes and proceeded to customs and immigration, I didn’t tip anybody, the airport was empty and nobody had my time, so it was quick. In 5mins I was done with immigration and my passport was stamped. Proceeded to board and we left for Addis Ababa, arrived at Addis Ababa, proceeded to my Gate and boarded my flight to Toronto. The flight stopped in Dublin for refuel and then proceeded to Toronto. Got to Toronto, didn’t declare anything at Customs, showed them I’m fully vaccinated and I was given the green sticker which meant I was exempted from quarantine and proceeded to immigration.

At immigration, my village people wanted to try nonsense because my passport and visa information was not coming up on the Immigration officer’s system, he kept scanning and typing. Finally it came on and we were both relieved. He asked about my school, fees and acceptance letter and proceeded to print out my study permit. By the time I finished at immigration, I had missed my flight to British Columbia which is my final destination. Went to the Air Canada counter and told them that I missed my flight because of the immigration officers and the woman rescheduled the flight for me without any extra fees (apparently I think if immigration makes you miss your flight, the airlines are not supposed to charge you, that’s what the immigration officer told me when I was trying to tell her I’ll miss my flight).

When my flight was rescheduled to 8pm…and I had 12hours in Toronto, I called a friend who came and took me to downtown Toronto and other places, ate a lot of food and walked a whole a lot. Came back to the airport and boarded my flight to BC (Toronto to BC is like Lagos to London)

Just arrived BC, and I’m waiting for a cab to go to my apartment.

I pray everybody on this journey will give their own landing gist soon! Amen!

All the best guys!
Congratulations!!!!! Can't wait to testify too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
Daylight23:
Please do you know which of them (Lagos or Abuja) processes faster. Also is the transmission fee paid when you send to a VFS location other than where you took Biometrics or is it a standard payment?

I did my biometrics in Lagos Vfs and sent my pp to Lagos, (no transmission fee). It took 11 working days to get back to me (sent on 22nd July and received stamped pp on 6th August. If you add weekends, that makes it 15 days.

I think transmission fee applies to delivery to Vfs center other than where you did your biometrics.

From what I have read so far, I think Abuja is faster.

For me, I had already budgeted that transmission fee for something else...lol grin

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
Enjay316:
Do they contact employers especially if they are not your sponsors.just ties?

No, i dnt think so.

Who get that time??
How many will they contact??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Victoria94: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2021
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=105170191]

As far as it is a GRADUATE CERTIFICATE program the university is offering, the university is a DLI and offers PGWP, you are good to go.

Be careful not to apply for an ORDINARY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM , ordinary certificate program is just like an ORDINARY DIPLOMA.

[/quote/] please do colleges offer post graduate diploma programs?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CHIKACIC: 10:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Enick:
Is it possible for someone who graduated in 2014, Bsc program to get a study permit for a master's degree?

If I have the financial resources, can I sponsor myself?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

My dear, with God anything is possible!

Explain what you have been up to since you left school (study gap). Hopefully, if you have been working or were engaged in something related to your intended master's program, I think you are good to go.

I graduated in 2001(LL.B)/2003(B.L), had over a decade work experience and applied for a Study Permit in 2021 for a PGC in a law related course. The rest, as they say, is history.

If you are financially grounded and can prove the source of income, nothing stops you from sponsoring yourself.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.