Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,202 members, 7,880,742 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:20 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (911207 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Residentourist: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
Good afternoon everyone,

Please I need clarification as I am about to book my flight. My final destination is Regina but my proposed flight will land at Calgary first. I am fully vaccinated but in line with making contingency quarantine plans, where should I book for my quarantine, Calgary or Regina?

Please help treat as urgent. Ticket prices keep increasing every second
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fatty4jesus(f): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
[quote author=Lekiboboe post=105999855]

Thank you so much.I tried sending you a dm. Please respond. thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by JosephYemsol(m): 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2021
Ketima:

You don't need to make it look like you're mocking the person. Cos I can't see anything funny in what was asked though.

What r you saying? Who's mocking anyone here?..

I knew your bvl dropped and I anticipated that your ppr has dropped as well. I was only expressing my shock when u said u r yet to get the ppr!!!

The "haha" was not a laugher, it's an exclamation .

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2021
Oyalfares:
I thank God. Myself and 3 children denied in May 2019. I was the principal applicant. Decided to focus on my daughter,17years old, she got admission to MUN.

Hello, your daughter is a minor, under age(18).
How did you go about her custodian processes, please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Foski01: 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
https://nphcda.vaccination.gov.ng/

Fill the form and select PHC nearest to you.

Officialksolo:
Good day everyone

Please do anybody have an idea of health center in lagos state where I can receive the Covid-19 vaccine.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CaddyT: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
I suggest you send your enrollment letter through webform to show that you've started classes online. You can get your enrollment letter through beartracks. Plus you can resend your letter of acceptance along with it. There's no need for a new one since you've started taking classes online.

Sweetness24:
Good afternoon all
I am a silent follower of this thread,thanks for all imput made so far,God bless everyone.
Pls I have a question,ircc requested for my updated letter of acceptance on thursday (sept.30th) as my resumption date has passed(sept.15) even though I have started my program online...I am not sure which document to submit though I have sent a mail to my school(university of Alberta) but no response yet.please kindly advice on what to do.
NB-i submitted my application on the 13th of July 2021

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2021
Anon123:

Are you sure you used the correct email address.. no errors ??
yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 2:49pm On Oct 02, 2021
Fill on your computer
ManLikeB:
Please should I print out my visa application forms fill them out and then scan and upload or should fill them on my computer. Which is better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2021
Lianna2020:
Sowp is the slowest o

So, it is study permit then, whaoO.
Am keying into fast applications like this even much more In Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2021
Yea this is ok. People actually use this as a major means to explain lump sum. Sale of car, land and other assets. Just provide evidence/ receipt of sale and explain in your letter the reason for sale.

BolaT53:
Good day everyone one my mum wants to be a co sponsor though her account is not really funded but she wants to sell a property. My worry is that the funds is going to come in as a lump sum. Can we explain that she sold a property and provide evidence.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
Filling on your computer is the only option actually. You will see an instruction that says you should not print the forms. That is why you can only validate them cause signing isn't visible. The final confirmation before submission is your authorisation.

ManLikeB:
Please should I print out my visa application forms fill them out and then scan and upload or should fill them on my computer. Which is better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Sweetness24: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2021
Thank you for your response,I guess I don't have to upload via webform but can upload directly since they requested for it,pls correct me if I am wrong
CaddyT:
I suggest you send your enrollment letter through webform to show that you've started classes online. You can get your enrollment letter through beartracks. Plus you can resend your letter of acceptance along with it. There's no need for a new one since you've started taking classes online.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
Amen
emmalextemtop:

So, it is study permit then, whaoO.
Am keying into fast applications like this even much more In Jesus Name!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by CaddyT: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
Yes you can upload it directly.

Sweetness24:
Thank you for your response,I guess I don't have to upload via webform but can upload directly since they requested for it,pls correct me if I am wrong
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello Jessica, that email is usually auto generated hence not receiving it is weird. I will suggest you raise a technical issue request. When you login, you would see that link that says " report a technical issue". When you click, it will ask you the nature of the issue, then use your UCI and application number and explain the issue of not receiving your application confirmation email". Also take a screenshot of your page to affirm this.
I once used this link when I could not make payment using my card and about 5 cards. The technical tean contacted me and said it was a gateway issue from IRCC and it would be up in another 24hrs and I was eventually able to pay. So I think you should try this and also send an urgent email to Nairobi about this.

I hope it is resolved soon.

Jessica50:
I reapplied and didn't get any message, I have checked my spam message nothing is there

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akannitommy: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello,

Please does anyone have an idea what happens if someone deferred admission (due to visa delay) just before they now got visa approval and didn't inform IRCC whether they will have issues upon landing or not? To clarify, this person got admission for Fall 2021 but deffer to Winter 2022 because of delay in the visa processing. But a few weeks/months later, they got the approval and issued visa. If they try to fly/land in Canada in December/January, are there any risks to this?

I have my own theory and have explained but just wanted to hear other views so we can be sure what their options are.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2021
You are expected to quarantine at your final destination, in your case Regina

Congratulations

Residentourist:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please I need clarification as I am about to book my flight. My final destination is Regina but my proposed flight will land at Calgary first. I am fully vaccinated but in line with making contingency quarantine plans, where should I book for my quarantine, Calgary or Regina?

Please help treat as urgent. Ticket prices keep increasing every second
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by emmalextemtop: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hello all!

Athe point of entry, whose banks statement will be asked, student or sponsor (father)

And then, can I drop the one i used for my application in case they asked? They shouldn't be expecting me to print another bank statement after am planning to send MBS...

Please can you help me answer this!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2021
You are expected to inform IRCC about deferral if it is 150 days more than your proposed resumption. So I do not think his case is an issue however, there is no harm to upload the new LOA to them via webform and possibly have the email printed...
my 2cents though.

N.b I also deferred my offer from fall to winter 2022 and I have already uploaded my new LOA via webform.

Akannitommy:
Hello,

Please does anyone have an idea what happens if someone deferred admission (due to visa delay) just before they now got visa approval and didn't inform IRCC whether they will have issues upon landing or not? To clarify, this person got admission for Fall 2021 but deffer to Winter 2022 because of delay in the visa processing. But a few weeks/months later, they got the approval and issued visa. If they try to fly/land in Canada in December/January, are there any risks to this?

I have my own theory and have explained but just wanted to hear other views so we can be sure what their options are.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by vanqwerty: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
Phiyin:
Good day guys. Please which college or university have courses opened for may? I urgently need a reply pls.

Lots of them. You have to find time to do your research.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 3:39pm On Oct 02, 2021
JosephYemsol:

What r you saying? Who's mocking anyone here?..

I knew your bvl dropped and I anticipated that your ppr has dropped as well. I was only expressing my shock when u said u r yet to get the ppr!!!

The "haha" was not a laugher, it's an exclamation .

Noted bro. Sorry I Wasn't even attacking you though. The wait has drained the energy in me. Tot the haha was about laughing. Is well. IRCC wants to imbibe patients into me. Lol.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akannitommy: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2021
Thanks so much.

viviangogos:
You are expected to inform IRCC about deferral if it is 150 days more than your proposed resumption. So I do not think his case is an issue however, there is no harm to upload the new LOA to them via webform and possibly have the email printed...
my 2cents though.

N.b I also deferred my offer from fall to winter 2022 and I have already uploaded my new LOA via webform.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Prettymi20: 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
Good afternoon
Please for upfront medical do you upload the paper given to you at the clinic or the clinic will send to IRCC?

If you are to upload, please how do you do that, since I don't know the exact office processing my application
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2021
I deferred to may next year and I haven't uploaded new loa. Will uploading it not cause further delay?
viviangogos:
my 2cents though.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2021
gustav25:
Let someone reply me please. I made a post yesterday and I was shunned like I had leprosy. I've a 2.2 and want to apply for a master's in political science but I was told it would be Herculean getting Admitted with a 2.2 , and it's advisable I go for a post graduate diploma program in a university or college. Now , I want to know which programs I can fit into because I've been searching and can't find nothing related to my background. Also , which collegws have affordable tuition as I want to apply now against May of next year. Someone , anyone please come to My aid and illuminate me

Hello Gustav25

I would be frank with you. Getting masters with 2:2 is very very hard but not impossible. I had 2:2 in my fist degree but had to do PGD in Nigeria before applying for Masters. Now I combined my bachelor's+PGD and 8years of experience in the field and was able to secure admission for Masters.

So that being said, some school's ask for 3.0/4.0 in last 2years of bachelor's. But still, is very competitive due to the number of 2:1 and first class who will apply for same.

So people suggest for PGD for 2:2 cos is easy to get admission for PGD than Masters. So, not to waste money on application, people are recommended to apply for PGD than Masters when they have 2:2. But then is all your choice.

Now for choice of program, is all about career or academic progressions. What have you being doing since you finished school. So choose course that you can easily use to convince the VO why you're going for the course.

As per tuition, I noticed colleges are expensive most expecially in big cities. That you have to research and find out and see if is what you can afford. So if you're looking for cheap colleges, you may like to avoid colleges in highbrow areas like Ontario, Vancouver etc

The gurus will guide you better. All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2021
emmalextemtop:
Hello all!

Athe point of entry, whose banks statement will be asked, student or sponsor (father)

And then, can I drop the one i used for my application in case they asked? They shouldn't be expecting me to print another bank statement after am planning to send MBS...

I’m also curious concerning this!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2021
Some believe it is ok to inform them during application while some think it is better after PPR while some others think it is better after stamping of your PP ( the person I was responding to already have his approval hence my advice to inform them). For me, I don't think it is mandatory except it is up to 150 days from proposed resumption however, they sometimes request for updated LOA to continue a review. I just decided to upload mine too irrespective as my eligibility was yet to start.
my eligibility review started on the 30th of september and I also received a medical request same day. So we cannot totally tell how they swing with these things...

So it is fine to wait too, no harm.

Blazca:
I deferred to may next year and I haven't uploaded new loa. Will uploading it not cause further delay?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 02, 2021
Hi everyone.
Carelton University Ottawa was the school i used for my study permit application for winter 2022 which I got a ppr. I also applied to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) which was my 1st choice but admission didn't come on time and after submitting my study permit application I received Admission from MUN.
I intend to travel in December but I'm confused.  I really don't know if to stick to carelton University or change my dli when I get to Canada. I can't make a decision based on the course because both courses are related to my field. I will like to make a decision based on what province will favour me more interms of job opportunities, PR, and benefits my future children etc. I appreciate what ever advice you can provide thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Fortuneforever: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2021
Cant delete this! We got through to her. Thank you.

Good evening everyone, please who knows anyone who by chance was on an Ethopian air flight to Toronto from Nigeria yesterday 1:40pm 1st October 2021. Please it's urgent as my siblings and I have been unable to reach my mum who was on same flight and ought to have arrived. She already missed her connecting flight to final destination. Cbsa refused to give any info to us.
Please help if you know anyone thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2021
@viviangogos...please can you share with me the date you uploaded the new LOA and the numbers of days afterwards when you noticed that your review of eligibility has started, Because I just uploaded my new LOA too and my review of eligibility is yet to start too. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by jollytravels: 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2021
@fortune foreever I WILL ADVISE THAT IF YOU HAVE SOMEONE IN TORONTO THEY CAN VERIFY FROM THE AIRLINE WHEN THE Ehiopian airline that she followed landed? and from where did she board from is it Lagos- toronto or Abuja Toronto. I know someone that just left now through same Ethiopian to Toronto but is this afternoon landing 2morrow.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Jessica50: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2021
viviangogos:
Hello Jessica, that email is usually auto generated hence not receiving it is weird. I will suggest you raise a technical issue request. When you login, you would see that link that says " report a technical issue". When you click, it will ask you the nature of the issue, then use your UCI and application number and explain the issue of not receiving your application confirmation email". Also take a screenshot of your page to affirm this.
I once used this link when I could not make payment using my card and about 5 cards. The technical tean contacted me and said it was a gateway issue from IRCC and it would be up in another 24hrs and I was eventually able to pay. So I think you should try this and also send an urgent email to Nairobi about this.

I hope it is resolved soon.

thank you so much, I will it now

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.