Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,437 members, 7,888,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:46 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (915369 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hello Henriie

Its the policy of most schools in Canada that it is only a refusal that qualifies for a refund.. You should have read this in the refusal policy of the school before making the payment to the school... It will be a hard nut to get back your refund since you have not gotten a refusal and also you didn't apply with the school....

If you had mentioned this earlier before you withdrew your admission, I would have advised you not to withdraw yet until when you have a refusal letter.. You would just use that as the perfect reason to withdraw your admission and at the same time apply for a refund.. But since you have already withdrawn your admission... Once you get a refusal letter, you can as well upload the refusal letter to them that you have been refused, and you want a refund of your money... Maybe that will work, cos they wont know if you used their LOA to apply or not, except you have already informed them, which I hope you have not...

But if you get an approval, then I am afraid you will have no solid reason for a refund.. I will suggest you send a mail to the MP in the province where the said school is located, lets see what the MP can do..

Meanwhile I don't wanna assume you will be praying for a refusal from IRCC cos of the refund...

Peace
Henriie:
Please guys I need advice on this . Please oo

I made tuition deposit of 2000cad to MUN but for my study visa I used an another institution to apply because I got their admission earlier. I will no longer attend MUN as I decided to stick with the school I gave ircc. I made an admission withdrawal to MUN and requested for my deposit back. I got this from them
"The Deposit is non-refundable except when the visa application is rejected. Please provide the visa rejection proof before your refund request can be processed further".

Is there no way of getting my money back? Can't I appeal against their decision? I was only issued an admission and its for January 2022. Never used the school for my study visa application.
Please help thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by ehiremen2002: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2021
Review of medical results - October 13.2021: You passed the medical exam

This was after we have uploaded the receipt of the medical exam of the Child and included the Mum vacination certificate.
We also did couple of emails.

From: /O=CIC/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=E00B1B008A8441CA9E82AC00C2E2F1D7-CIC.DONOTREPLY-NEPAS
Sent: 2021-09-29 1:56:25 AM
Subject: In Canada Case Specific Enquiry - Temporary Residence (applied online) - Study Permit

PROTECTED B

Applicant Information
Name of applicant: XXXX
Email address: Bleep@gmail.com
DOB of applicant: 2007-11XXX
Country of birth: United Kingdom
Client ID number: 11XXXX
File number: S304XXX
Telephone number:
Mobile number:
Type of application: Temporary Residence (applied online) - Study Permit

Enquirer Information
Name of enquirer: XXXX
Relationship to applicant: Sponsor
Email address: XXXX@gmail.com
Telephone number:
Mobile number:
Consultant ICCRC number:

Enquiry:
I am doing this mail to inform IRCC of OXXXX upfront medical and also to let IRCC know of my vaccinated status. I will be uploading two documents to this webform - OXXX evident of Medical and my vaccination certificate. I will also want to use this opportunity to plead and beg the Immigration officer to help work and make decision to OXXXX application. She has been attending her two courses online and it has been so hard for her as it late here in Nigeria when she takes the class. The other classes are to start in November 8 for inperson, and we will so much appreciate if a decision is reach before then. She is so exited to go join the rest of student in class and the same going through hard time studying remotely in the first quarter of her semester. Thanks a lot for the good work you guys are doing. I really want the very best for her.

Romoke1995:

Updated to pass when sir ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2021
ehiremen2002:

Review of medical results - October 13.2021: You passed the medical exam

This was after we have uploaded the receipt of the medical exam of the Child and included the Mum vacination certificate.
We also did couple of emails.

(FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=E00B1B008A8441CA9E82AC00C2E2F1D7-CIC.DONOTREPLY-NEPAS
Sent: 2021-09-29 1:56:25 AM
Subject: In Canada Case Specific Enquiry - Temporary Residence (applied online) - Study Permit

PROTECTED B

Applicant Information
Name of applicant: XXXX
Email address: Bleep@gmail.com
DOB of applicant: 2007-11XXX
Country of birth: United Kingdom
Client ID number: 11XXXX
File number: S304XXX
Telephone number:
Mobile number:
Type of application: Temporary Residence (applied online) - Study Permit

Enquirer Information
Name of enquirer: XXXX
Relationship to applicant: Sponsor
Email address: XXXX@gmail.com
Telephone number:
Mobile number:
Consultant ICCRC number:

Enquiry:
I am doing this mail to inform IRCC of OXXXX upfront medical and also to let IRCC know of my vaccinated status. I will be uploading two documents to this webform - OXXX evident of Medical and my vaccination certificate. I will also want to use this opportunity to plead and beg the Immigration officer to help work and make decision to OXXXX application. She has been attending her two courses online and it has been so hard for her as it late here in Nigeria when she takes the class. The other classes are to start in November 8 for inperson, and we will so much appreciate if a decision is reach before then. She is so exited to go join the rest of student in class and the same going through hard time studying remotely in the first quarter of her semester. Thanks a lot for the good work you guys are doing. I really want the very best for her.

Thank you very much
Please attend to your mail I just sent you a message
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2021
FKipepeo:
I used them and got mine in approx 37 days. They sent me the same message and got the notes like a week later.

I used them in August 24th and till date it haven't received it. They kept telling me same msg Katehasty uploaded. But my first gcms with them came exactly 30 days back in July. Now applying for another one and is now more than 50days no note yet.

Is so bad. I won't even advice anyone to use them at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hi Makano,

I have my study visa already. I used another school to apply for visa and will be traveling to Ottawa in December to pursue studies. When I found out I couldn't change dli immediately I get to Canada as I thought I decided to withdraw my admission.

makano:
Hello Henriie

Its the policy of most schools in Canada that it is only a refusal that qualifies for a refund.. You should have read this in the refusal policy of the school before making the payment to the school... It will be a hard nut to get back your refund since you have not gotten a refusal and also you didn't apply with the school....

If you had mentioned this earlier before you withdrew your admission, I would have advised you not to withdraw yet until when you have a refusal letter.. You would just use that as the perfect reason to withdraw your admission and at the same time apply for a refund.. But since you have already withdrawn your admission... Once you get a refusal letter, you can as well upload the refusal letter to them that you have been refused, and you want a refund of your money... Maybe that will work, cos they wont know if you used their LOA to apply or not, except you have already informed them, which I hope you have not...

But if you get an approval, then I am afraid you will have no solid reason for a refund.. I will suggest you send a mail to the MP in the province where the said school is located, lets see what the MP can do..

Meanwhile I don't wanna assume you will be praying for a refusal from IRCC cos of the refund...

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Savvyciao: 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
Romoke1995:
Fam please help a sister o
I did upfront medical on the 12th of October and now I’m seeing we’re reviewing the result of your medical exam please who knows what this means ? and the next step please help me

Please where did you do your medicals?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Savvyciao: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ayindesegun10:
Can't access my GCKey. Is it only me ?

Same here
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Olaa123: 6:15pm On Oct 19, 2021
Laborah:

Please who is going to Seneca college, lets connect
Hello. I am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2021
Henriie:
Hi Makano,

I have my study visa already. I used another school to apply for visa and will be traveling to Ottawa in December to pursue studies. When I found out I couldn't change dli immediately I get to Canada as I thought I decided to withdraw my admission.

I think you can change DLI once you are inside Canada
Cc Makano is this possible ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Romoke1995: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2021
Savvyciao:

Please where did you do your medicals?

IOM LAGOS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
viviangogos:
Oh, I mean Project Management, Winter 2022. What course are you going for?

Hospitality Management. But I intend to change courses on arrival.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sirenoel: 6:36pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jaymaster18:
My Timeline

This is my first application
Applied: may 29th 2021
Did biometrics: 1st june 2021
Did upfront medical on 28th may 2021, then medical was updated to pass 2nd june 2021.
Eligibility review and background check i wasnt even checking all those ones, so i didnt know when they started
BVL: 28th September 2021
PPR: 19th October 2021

My admission from centennial college was for september 2021 but i had to defer to january 2022 cos of visa delay, i also sent my new LOA for january 2022 to them via webform and email.

After i received my bvl on 28th september 2021, i started bombarding lagos,kenya,accra and london IRCC with mail everyday,

To God be the glory, ppr finally came in today

I thank God for everything.

Congratulations Big man. We're going to the same school. See you in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hubmon360(m): 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2021
Jay316:
ok.lets wait for the note but If u can,start gathering the full tuition fee since it's just one year.

How much was ur balance and was there any lump sum?.also, did u submit ur own account statement ?
there was no lump sum except when I had to buy dollar to pay my fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2021
Apparently I have to be in active study, do a semester or a year with the school before changing dli which doesn't make sense to change dli after a semester.

Malone122:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2021
Yea, its possible.

But on the condition that the applicant have to be in active study for at least a semester with the DLI he/she used in applying for a study permit application after which the applicant will have to do a transfer after informing IRCC...

Peace
Malone122:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Shokoloko(f): 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ayindesegun10:
Can't access my GCKey. Is it only me ?

If your GCkeys was revoked it happened to lots of people. You will need to create and link a new application - at least that was what I did for someone yesterday.

Previously passwords for GCkey could be only letters but the new update is letters and numbers

Maybe that is why a lot were revoked, but I am not too sure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hello,

Ppr for us all by GODS grace still waiting .
June 26 applicant, still hopeful!

Quick question? Please, the medical screening. Is drug and alcohol tested for ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ayindesegun10(m): 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

If your GCkeys was revoked it happened to lots of people. You will need to create and link a new application - at least that was what I did for someone yesterday.

Previously passwords for GCkey could be only letters but the new update is letters and numbers

Maybe that is why a lot were revoked, but I am not too sure
Thanks for the info. But mine wasn't revoked. The site isn't just going through at the moment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by TheGbemisola: 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
Hannahopaleye12:
Hello,

Ppr for us all by GODS grace still waiting .
June 26 applicant, still hopeful!

Quick question? Please, the medical screening. Is drug and alcohol tested for ?

Yes they are tested for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Tinakem(f): 7:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ayindesegun10:

Thanks for the info. But mine wasn't revoked. The site isn't just going through at the moment.

Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
But really, tuition deposit is actually non refundable except in a case of visa refusal and this is a general rule for all schools. This is why it is imperative to read refund policies of schools before committing to them...

I really do not think an appeal can do anything here but you can still try that and see if there will be any positive outcome.

All the best!!!

Henriie:
Please guys I need advice on this . Please oo

I made tuition deposit of 2000cad to MUN but for my study visa I used an another institution to apply because I got their admission earlier. I will no longer attend MUN as I decided to stick with the school I gave ircc. I made an admission withdrawal to MUN and requested for my deposit back. I got this from them
"The Deposit is non-refundable except when the visa application is rejected. Please provide the visa rejection proof before your refund request can be processed further".

Is there no way of getting my money back? Can't I appeal against their decision? I was only issued an admission and its for January 2022. Never used the school for my study visa application.
Please help thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by viviangogos(f): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2021
Glad I could help. Also do check their requirements to be be sure they are PG courses ooo since you already have a Bsc....

All the best!!!

BenedictStinson:

Thanks a lot. I didn't even know about those colleges and they don't show up on the Google searches for cheap colleges. NBCC has supply chain management for 9484( I have worked as an Inventory Officer so I should be Eligible) and NSCC has Full stack development for 11,000. I will look into these colleges. Thanks a lot again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
makano:
And what was the reason for the rejection, you should back up your claims with fact...

Its easy for anyone to just come here and say you can be rejected after PPR..

Final decision

Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details

The above message is what you get when Original Passport request drops in your profile.. Meaning for you to get that, it shows you have met the IRCC requirement to study in Canada..

So getting a refusal after PPR is totally the applicant's fault and not IRCC, probably the applicant submitted a fake or falsified Passport, account statement et.c.

Its not in the operation of IRCC to refuse an application they have taken months to review before granting approval for a study permit...

Peace
actually someone was rejected after ppr.what happened was that he and his sister applied differently and used same sponsor's account statement. He got ppr and his sister was denied.after some days , he got his PPR taken back and was denied based on funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lianna2020:
LANDING GIST

My flight was scheduled for 10:55 pm on Sunday.
We all went to the airport by 2:00pm because we had excess luggage and also to check in on time.
At 2, there wasn’t any crowd, we had 23kg into ten places (entitled to just 6 bags at 23kg) and paid 300k for extra luggage.

Things requested for at Nigerian airport:
1. Arrive can
2. Stamped visas
3. Enrollment letter
4. Covid 19 test

We finished all checks around 5:pm. Please no matter the time for your flight, try and get to the airport early because the crowd from five ehn!, I wouldn’t have meet up if I went late.

Tickets were printed out, yellow card given as well and passport scanned.

I said final goodbyes to my in-laws around eight and got checked in.

We used Lufthansa, we left 10:55pm and got to Frankfurt after 6 hours. We had layover of about six hours.

Things asked at Frankfurt by immigration.

1. Arrive can
2. Visas
3. Covid test result
4. Quarantine plan (14 days at Airbnb)

Our flight to Vancouver moved around 1:35pm on Monday (Germany time). It was the longest ten hours of my life. I never knew traveling with an active baby was this hard. They served their usual
Leaves but I no gree chop am because my turkey and meat Dey my bag Dey wait me(lol).

We got to Vancouver around 14:35(Vancouver time )on Monday . I filled arrival form on the system and moved to immigration.

At immigration in Vancouver, no cue or crowd at all.
Things asked by immigration:
1. Stamped visas of hubby , I and baby.
2. Hubby’s letter of authorization (the letter sent after your pp has been stamped ).

His work permit and baby’s visit visa was printed. No need for mine as i already had my study permit since July .
I waited for welcome to Canada and nothing grin,yet again.

I and hubby got tested for covid at the airport and self test kit given for day eight test.

We moved to claim luggages(every bag complete ) there after entered taxi to our Airbnb for quarantine.

I wish everyone all the best.
Amen
nice one dear.chai see food.Thats one thing I dont like ooo.This their food.How much was Ticket as at when u bought?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lianna2020:
Yeah true that, he never did.
I’m sure it would have come with explanation.
But ircc no try o, so them fit make mistake .
Lol
he did.I wish I could search for it.He and his sister used same application sponsor and proof of funds

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2021
Lianna2020:
If you are landing at Toronto , register here- https://www.switchhealth.ca/en/travel/pearson/
I didn’t do it because I was heading to Vancouver straight n not stopping first at Toronto.

They registered us themselves and it was fast(maybe because there was no cue plus special treatment for infant ).

If Vancouver you can use lifelaps.com to register.
Who knows there might be cue next year.

what's the reason for the exception ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2021
Ketima:

Family landed safely glory to God. After carrying dry meat in your first landing gist, you carried another dry meant again Hahaha. You and meat eehh.

Will join you all next year. Make I take my time arrange myself and family.

Please there was one site lekiboboe sighted he registered online for medical something or wat, which made him not to stand in queue when he got to the airport. Did you do it and how can I get to do mine.

@lekiboboe pls need your input too.
how far ur passport. mine is still in Lagos. I dont understand. is it because today is public holidays ?. nawa 4 DHL oooo.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 8:00pm On Oct 19, 2021
Because I have a baby so we were given special treatment and didn’t queue like others.
Jay316:
what's the reason for the exception ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by sweetchi2411: 8:09pm On Oct 19, 2021
onyinyeehC:

You think canada is a religious country? Even Christmas day isn’t a public holiday. They are not as confused as Nigeria

Hahhahhhaha, very confused indeed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Hannahopaleye12: 8:16pm On Oct 19, 2021
TheGbemisola:

Yes they are tested for

So if it is found in your screening, will you fail the medical test?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
Malone122:
I think u have to do at least a semester before u can change
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Teeprecious: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2021
Henriie:
Apparently I have to be in active study, do a semester or a year with the school before changing dli which doesn't make sense to change dli after a semester.

I am just hearing this clause of the active study and doing a semester or a year before changing. Is this a new policy please?
I have a couple of people who have changed DLI inside Canada without any issh. Someone should please clarify this part.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (834)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.