Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,710 members, 7,882,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (551) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (912449 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 9:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Oddyjoyce:
Greetings all. I recently started my graduate studies application for fall 2022 at the University of Saskatchewan. I submitted and proceeded to pay via flywire. I was expecting to see the naira equivalence of 120 Canadian $ only to see another 30 CD added to it. My question is ; is that 30$ the flywire charges or what? Thanks in anticipation.

Yes. Flywire charges CAD$30 for every fee paid through them. If you get admission and still want to pay Tuition, you will see additional CAD$30

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
vicvicvic:

no medicals at all is what I mean.
wow.u r the 2nd person on this thread that got ppr without doing any medical. just make sure u do it and send it 2ru webform b4 u fly oo so that u dont get turned back cos u must have a valid medical to get ur study permit. Even those whose medical has expired b4 they travel are mandated to do another medical

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
annylove1:
Congrats to everyone that has received PPR

I would like to ask how a gift deed is prepared, I intend have my dad transfer 5 million Naira to me as cost of living expenses for one year and with a promise to send another 5 million for the next year of study after on year.

My dad only does property business at the moment with no tax clearance and much documents, should I still use his SOA?

If I add gift of deed do I still need to ask him to write a sponsorship letter since I am the primary sponsor and he is supporting with living expenses for both years?

Can I just add his SOA and document of his properties?

I am yet to apply, I am just preparing all the documents I need

Please I need the gurus input and anyone else that has an idea

Thanks

From the bolded, it means your dad is your sponsor or Co-sponsor. That's Sponsor is PA/Parent.

Did you pay any tuition deposit? If you did, who paid it? If you haven't, how do you intend to pay it and from who? If you say you're self sposnor and you're needing up to 10million from another person, then you're not self sponsor[b].(my thought)[/b]

So, pls do well to include SOA of your dad cos as you need to prove to the vo source of lump sum, it will make your claim of source of fund easier.

In summary, since is your dad, and if your tuition can come from you driectly and living expenses from dad, then choose sposnor as PA/Parent. In My time, I paid my full tuition from my pocket but got living expenses from Sponsor. My co-sponsor now did gift deed, sponsorship Letter/declaration of sponsorship.

My opinion though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Whitenaira2014:
Hello Mr Makano and my good people of this forum,

I will start by appreciating all your efforts and support for people like us.

Please I really need your guidance as regards to my visa application.

I have been given an admission letter from Regina Polytechnic Saskatchewan
yesterday.

Please sir/ma I am extremely confused on our to prepare my documents for visa application.

Please I really need a guidance from you guys������.

A short brief about my career.
I have work with two branding film since I finish Nysc in 2012. I am currently working with same branding company but payment is based on contract we execute so no salary structure.

I intend to use my uncle who is into same branding business but not related by blood as sponsor.

I will appreciate if I can put a call or email to someone who I can explain my situation to in full details.

Please your feedback will do me alot of relief.

Thanks.
go through the 1st page of this thread.follow the thread and read through and if u are still confused and dont know what to do,my advise is seek the professional assistance of the gurus.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by annylove1: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thank you for the reply, I am going to pay my tuition from my pocket and I intend to pay full tuition just that I would be having about 5 million Naira left in my account.

The program I am going for is a 2 year program and the tuition is 18k CAD, although I can take care of all my expenses but part of my funds are in business at the moment hence the reason for my parents input

My Dad is going to transfer 5 million Naira for my first year living expenses to my account, the second instalment would come after one tear of living in Canada so he is my co-sponsor and my school fees would still be paid from my pocket.

Pls can I get a sample of the letters and gift of deed you attached to your application, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Ketima:

From the bolded, it means your dad is your sponsor or Co-sponsor. That's Sponsor is PA/Parent.

Did you pay any tuition deposit? If you did, who paid it? If you haven't, how do you intend to pay it and from who? If you say you're self sposnor and you're needing up to 10million from another person, then you're not self sponsor[b].(my thought)[/b]

So, pls do well to include SOA of your dad cos as you need to prove to the vo source of lump sum, it will make your claim of source of fund easier.

In summary, since is your dad, and if your tuition can come from you driectly and living expenses from dad, then choose sposnor as PA/Parent. In My time, I paid my full tuition from my pocket but got living expenses from Sponsor. My co-sponsor now did gift deed, sponsorship Letter/declaration of sponsorship.

My opinion though.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
canada2022:

thank you

lets assume i had 20k CAD which i submitted through MBS, during the 4 months wait for visa processing can i make transactions that can reduce the balance to like 5k CAD. will that have effect on my visa processing or must i leave the 20k CAD for the whole period

Someone please help me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Oddyjoyce: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ketima:

Yes. Flywire charges CAD$30 for every fee paid through them. If you get admission and still want to pay Tuition, you will see additional CAD$30

Ok. Thanks for the response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 10:48pm On Nov 12, 2021
canada2022:

Someone please help me

Ofcourse you can remove or add to SOA. But when removing, try not to let it go below tuition fee+living expenses+other fees quoted in your imm form. If it does and IRCC demands for updated SOA. Then there might be issue as they will think you have returned the money you borrowed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello Omariam....you have to use the zenith bank App...Very smooth process.
omariam:

Same here.
Pls has anybody sent MBS from zenith bank to Canada embassy recently? Pls how did u go about it?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 10:50pm On Nov 12, 2021
canada2022:
hello people, i just registered today on Nairaland.

i want to apply for post graduate degree Information Technology: Business and Advanced Analytics at NBCC. ..i have BSC in Engineering and a masters degree information technology from NOUN , 13years banking experience, 41years and study gap of 18years. i have a wife and 4 children

my question is, can i still get admission as the school has started evaluation of applications on Oct 15 2021(am yet to apply). Also what are my chances of getting study visa considering my profile.

hope to get responses as i begin my journey to canada

Lekiboboe:

Is your Work experience in the bank related to the program you want apply for at NBCC?

Yes @ lekiboboe

i have been offered admission to one of the colleges for sept 2022. The school asked me to make a deposit of 9k before end of Jan 2022.

please i need advice considering my conditions above.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by canada2022: 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ketima:

Ofcourse you can remove or add to SOA. But when removing, try not to let it go below tuition fee+living expenses+other fees quoted in your imm form. If it does and IRCC demands for updated SOA. Then there might be issue as they will think you have returned the money you borrowed.

thank you.....i appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbie345: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
makano:
Hello Debbie

Sorry about your 5 year ban..

For you to have gotten a Ban, it means you refused to reply to the warning in the PFL or your response was not convincing, i.e it lacked evidences to proof your claims...

I personally know applicants that still got approval after Charge back PFL and also of recent, an applicant here got his application approved, after responding to the Charge back PFL..

So Charge back was not the reason for your Ban, you didnt actually do the right thing to defend yourself...

Peace

Thank you, is there anything I can do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Debbie345: 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
Anon123:

If you have the funds for this, yes you can reopen it as long as you have the receipt of repayment and the repayment ws done within the timeline given to respond to the PFL

Okay then I will do that, thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
nairagrounds:
Wow! Congratulations at last.

I connect my faith to yours and I pray that I’ll get mine today too in Jesus’ name. Amen.

well,u have gotten urs now congrats and thanks 4 coming back to share ur experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Teeprecious:

I believe it's because people say Abuja is faster and you may get it back under a week.
I sent mine to Lag on Friday 29th and vfs acknowledged on 1st Nov. Although I am yet to receive it back but I know it's been stamped because my LOI has been sent to my profile.
Lagos takes more than 2 weeks now I gathered
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2021
geawears:
Appreciate your response @Omiinii. She did not receive any letter, you know the kind of pay and relax kind of agents, they only ask for your international passport and that is all.

Who is a licensed consultant in this case? i really don't know any i can recommend sir/ma. On the GCMS notes, she is on it even though time is not enough, her course starts by January next year. She will be commencing her studies online so i guess that makes sense too.

the time she spends studying online will not count wen they are doing their calculations for post graduate work permit if she decides to work after her studies.I suggest she defers her admission as most likely she may not get ppr b4 January even if she applied today and an sure she does not have a Valid medical too so most likely if she gets ppr on time,it will b Feb .so 1st,let her defer.

for all this fake docs.omo,u need a real liscenced consultant in my opinion oo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
Teemenzo:

For the refusal to spell out all those fake documents, it means a procedural fairness has been sent to the applicant. You will need the assistance of an experienced person not necessarily a registered consultant with IRCC as those one can make you sell your house just to hire them.

You also have to sit down with the agent and discuss your stand with him or her, go along with a police so that he can spell out what actually happened. And if at all there was a ban in any case becuase you can be banned for 5years in such cases.
am not a lawyer and cant say with certainty but If it were possible u can swear an affidavits to say u were not aware of those fake documents and status declared by this agent of urs(call his name) and u only got to find out after u were denied. if possible, add a police report in said issue.all this u can do if u r sure there is no PFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Deronke1:

Yes, we are both applying together, same school and same course.
Payslip he submitted was his own proof of funds. He works with the British embassy so he used the payslip as his proof of funds.
I used 5 million as proof of funds
Yes, I've drafted SOP which I mentioned to my elder brother who stays in Canada, hoping they could consider us with that.
I would really appreciate your help on what to do
Though we have seen the impossible happen on this thread time and time again but ma,,ur application looks weak considering ur home ties and POF.if u are not submitting anything as regards ur elder brother funding u or him being responsible for ur living expenses as u will be living with him along with a letter from him stating this,then it looks somehow ma.

R u on scholarship in the school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by makano: 11:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello Debbie

It's actually too late to do anything.. IRCC has already issued you a 5-year ban..

But if you know deep down you didn't submit any fraudulent document and also if the chargeback wasn't intentional and also you truthfully replied to the Procedural fairness letter sent to you prior to your ban, then you can get a good immigration lawyer and go for Judicial Review..

Peace
Debbie345:

Thank you, is there anything I can do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 12, 2021
Anon123:

There are two offices that handle visa stamping, lagos and abuja.. Maybe the lagos office is choked up therefore they sent yours to abuja

Also, which office did you do the biometrics?
its only in Abuja they do the stamping sir.Even if u send ur passport to VAC Lagos, VAC Lagos will send to VAC Abuja who will then send to the Canadian Visa office in Abuja 4 stamping. then VAC Abuja will pick it up and send it to VAC lagos then DHL will pick it from them.thats y Abuja takes 5 days and Lagos takes two weeks plus now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ketima:
Woow. Good to be back after the ban.

I can see we are all doing good. Congrats to all who got PPR, Viviangogos, Nairagrounds, our very own Tinakem, and many more. is well with you all. Go ye all and prosper in Maple land. Still waiting for good news from Teemenzo, Iffylove, and much more waiting. The lord shall shower you all with PPR this November.

To all that got delayed, I know how it can feel. But never lose sight of the target. Get your notes, and refire. it shall end in praises for us all.
Naira land has mind oo.a whole u?.
what was ur offense ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by robertito7(m): 12:19am On Nov 13, 2021
Thank you so much for your reply
makano:
Hello roberto

1. Your Biometrics is valid for 10 years, so you have no business going to Lagos(VFS) as you can apply online from anywhere...

2. If you wanna apply now, why not. I will advise you to apply now so far your LOA is ready.. When your Visa is out, you will have sufficient and adequate time to prepare before leaving your fatherland..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Lianna2020: 12:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Don’t make me laugh grin grin.
A whole oga grin.

nairaland should add more funny emoji jor.
Jay316:
Naira land has mind oo.a whole u?.
what was ur offense ?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dimdim49: 1:16am On Nov 13, 2021
Wisdom7400:
Please I just got admission into Fanshawe college Through my agent but the admission was so quick, not even up to a week cos i was expecting it to take up to 6 weeks so i can gather funds and now the school said I should pay complete first semester (9k) to secure a sit within 30 days or loose the admission. whaaaat!!!!! My program is sept 2022. isn't that too early or too fast? not even $1500 deposit. omo! has anyone experienced this? or should i just send 2k to them?
Please, how much did you pay for the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Omiinii: 1:40am On Nov 13, 2021
Jay immigration is ruthless. They are not your friends. There's nothing that can be done to reverse a 5 year ban according to the research I've made. Especially if you already received a Procedual fairness letter(This one sef na evidence. They already gave you a chance to come clean). It's useless to take it to court as it is a waste of money the federal high court will definitely side with IRCC. it's better to just wait the 5 years out. No affidavit can help you. The one whey we dey do for here, shey we dey honor am?. Almost everyone added affidavit of return to their application but they don't have plans to return.
Jay316:
am not a lawyer and cant say with certainty but If it were possible u can swear an affidavits to say u were not aware of those fake documents and status declared by this agent of urs(call his name) and u only got to find out after u were denied. if possible, add a police report in said issue.all this u can do if u r sure there is no PFL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by johnfem321: 1:53am On Nov 13, 2021
Why don’t you book an earlier date before 27th of December.. if school resumes 4th of January and she need days about 2 weeks for quarantine ?
tofo:
Hello All. Please my sister is set to resume at Vancouver Island University by January 4th for her MBA. We are looking at booking a flight for her for December 27th. Ethiopian Airlines seemed to be the cheapest but with the current crisis in the country, is it still a good choice? Also, what other cheal airline is advisable to book for her. She will be flying into Nanaimo, British Columbia. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nonsoooooo: 2:55am On Nov 13, 2021
Hello house, when should I be expecting my Letter of introduction..my passport have been stamped and in transit back to me...though they have been some update in my potal but have I haven't seen any correspondence letter....please when do you think I can get it gurus in the house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Akannitommy: 3:12am On Nov 13, 2021
Congrats,

I have a 3-months lease to transfer (Dec '21 - Feb '22) for 1 bedroom flat (room and parlor with 2 beds, and fully furnished incl. utilities and electronics) at $900 in Montreal if that is your destination in Quebec - see my last post on this for details. It is in a 4-star hotel so in downtown Montreal, if you are interested don't waste time in contacting me via PM.

You don't need to pay for vaccination but I doubt you will be able to get a dose before you travel. If you even get a dose, you may not be able to get a second dose before. And even if you get a way around this, be careful of manipulation. My suggestion is you get pre entry tests done and after quarantine (not in a govt hotel), you can get vaccination done here easily at not cost.

It is not true that you can't renew passports earlier than 6-months - I did for my family but started the process 2-months earlier before PPR. Unless you have already commenced the process, I would say don't delay yourself. I doubt you can get a plug that can fix this in a week but it not entirely impossible so it if there is a chance. One other point to note is that your wife's passport is already in the system until PPR was issued so before you send a renewed passport, make sure you send a web form with a copy ahead and explain. Ideally this should have been added to your file before a decision was made. You have 30-days to do all these so the final decision must factor in that limitation.

Again, congrats.

buzzy03:
Somebody shout hallelujah (X7)!!! Ok, you're the next to share the good news here. After several fasting and prayer, night vigil inclusive (me and my wife.. LOL).
Hey guys, it's my time to share the good news! I return all the glory to ALMIGHTY GOD!!
I've been a completely silent reader for a while, I found this forum after I submitted my application. However, I have learnt a lot here.

Application date: August 10, 2021 (study permit and spouse open work permit).
Upfront medical, PS: I didn't monitor when the medical was updated.
PPRs request: November 12
Study level admission: PhD

Funding:
Award of excellence from school: $43,211
Yearly renewable research fund: $17,500
Mitac research grant: $6,000
Personal USD account MBS: $8,000 (lump sum transferred from my Germany account with an explanation and recommendation letter from the university I worked while in Germany (just research position))
Father-in-law account (first bank MBS, please see remarks below): sorry, I won't disclose the amount (but with several lump sums, so I printed 14 months to show that it has always had lump sums) with an explanation of the sources... I didn't submit any document to back up my explanation.

Additional Docs:
IELTS (only me, my wife didn't submit)
Nigeria OND certificate (Mathematics and Statistics)
Nigeria B.Eng certificate (Elect/Elect)
Germany M.Sc. certificate (Communication and Information Technology)
Recommendation letter from two companies in Germany (Not addressed to VO, just to whom it may concern letters)
Resume for me and my wife
Marriage cert and pictures
Landed properties and plans without any valuation

REMARKS
1. Prayer doeth all things... Let me state clearly that I made a lot of mistakes in the form and with nothing to back up my lump sums. One of the silly mistakes I made was not clicking yes to the official language questionnaire, because I filled my form already before I read about NSE, so I just registered for NSE that week, when the result came out, I forgot to correct my official langue box in the form. I discovered it after 2 months.
2. Please note that the first bank MBS can be requested in a different mode. You need to apply for your visa first, once you have your UCI number, proceed to the first bank, they will send it directly to the visa office with your UCI. For more explanation, visit your first bank branch.
3. MEDICAL: For people who couldn't book a medical appointment, please go directly to IOM in Lagos very early, you will see many people in front of the gate, 95% of them are for UK medical. Just tell them security or gate-man that your medic is for Canada visa, you will be booked manually there and be given a maximum of a week date of appointment.

QUESTION! QUESTION!! QUESTION!!!
1. My wife passport will expire on July 30, 2022 (less than 9 months remaining), when I called a friend from Nigeria immigration, he said that only passports with 6 months remaining can be renewed.... Please what can I do because I hope she could get a new passport before sending it?
2. Please do I need to pay for vaccination in Nigeria and how long must we be vaccinated before travelling to Canada in roder to escape 14 days quarantine?
3. Please if you are already in Quebec, I need to speak with you regarding accommodation, even sublease to stay for some weeks.

To everyone expecting good news, it's settled IJN.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 13, 2021
makano:
It's an online application, so yes you can submit it on Saturday/Sunday...

Peace
thank you very much please I have a question for a friend my question goes thus
First application on his IMM forms the person filled a wrong employment date
Now you planning to submit a new application
Should he fill a correct employment date in the new IMM form Or since they have it on record go with the former one

In his SOP and CV the correct one is there showing dates of employment
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 5:16am On Nov 13, 2021
I guess we have a new review on international online payment. Just got the info. Don't know if is in place yet. If done, most reapplication will now allow applicant's to apply by themselves instead of putting their dreams in the hands of useless charge back agents.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Ketima: 5:19am On Nov 13, 2021
Lianna2020:
Don’t make me laugh grin grin.
A whole oga grin.

nairaland should add more funny emoji jor.

Hahha. Don't mind jay. If they could ban a whole oga madam like you Lianna2020, who I'm that they won't ban.

Jay316. I don't know ooo. I only came online to see that I was given the hammer of ban. Guess I was talking too much here. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by onyintel: 6:00am On Nov 13, 2021
Good morning.

I am also going to Vancouver this December, date not certain yet. Interested in a travel buddy. She can try KLM or Lufthansa.

tofo:
Hello All. Please my sister is set to resume at Vancouver Island University by January 4th for her MBA. We are looking at booking a flight for her for December 27th. Ethiopian Airlines seemed to be the cheapest but with the current crisis in the country, is it still a good choice? Also, what other cheal airline is advisable to book for her. She will be flying into Nanaimo, British Columbia. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (548) (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.