Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,159 members, 7,887,380 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:55 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 - Travel (816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 (914696 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (834) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by buchito1(m): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
Residentourist:
Join me in celebrating God's faithfulness because what he cannot do indeed does not exist!!!
SOWP and study visa applications approved same day!!!

My husband's  SOWP and my 11year old son study permit got approved after the 3rd attempt.
First attempt 2016 we all applied as a family and were all bounced on purpose of visit and home ties. After I got my study permit approved in June 2021 we reapplied  on
11 July 2021 - visitors visa for hubby and study permit for kids
Refused 29th September

Reapplied October 29 before the GCMS notes came because it was delayed.
Medical for my husband November 15 ( my son had done his medicals earlier)
Medical passed November 22
GCMS notes finally came in late November- December 2021 (applied for hubby and the kids and they all came at different dates, one even came in the middle of December) GCMS notes showed the VO was concerned about the cost implications of running 2 homes and home ties.
Luckily all those concerns had been adequately tackled in the SOP during reapplication.
In the course of waiting a friend who had also applied for study permit for her kids decided to try out the new IRCC portal and got her kids visitor visa approved in 7days so we decided to give it a try too. Visitor visa application was done on the 19th of December 2021...then another round of waiting commenced.
Eligibility 20/01/2022 (noticed my son's medical was passed on that date)

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Title Documents of properties
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Letter of employment and promotions
Letter of introduction from employer
Payslips
Receipt of my school fees
My study permit and my kids visitors records
Int'l passports
SOP
Letter of introduction from me.
We wrote to CIC twice and filled out webform once last week and most of the messages were not even delivered. Letter to MP has also not been acknowledged
This can only be God!

@lianna2020 @bukky @frankrobbn Thank you for being amazing!!!
Congratulations MA'AM!!! smiley

I think their App is actually FASTER than "Barry Allen"
wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Divinedxtrovert(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2022
Who else is applying to the university of regina and prince edward island for the fall term 2022, please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by olasubomy: 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2022
Anon123:
Hi guys..
Quick one..

I have someone traveling to Canada next week. i want to ask if he can show the same bank statement he used in his visa application at the port of entry. I think the answer is yes but not sure which is why am asking.

Hi bro,

He can get a one month stamped bank statement to his departure date. The CBSA offiicers just wants to be satisfied that the money would be accessable to him.

He might be lucky and they dont request proof of funds from him but better to be prepared anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Residentourist: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thank you!!!

No I don't. Coincidentally, I just checked the portal out of curiosity and saw that the visitor visa application has been withdrawn today.

Gift212:
Congratulations! I remember your post from last year.

So you don't need the visit visa application anymore?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Kam3: 6:51pm On Jan 21, 2022
Residentourist:
Join me in celebrating God's faithfulness because what he cannot do indeed does not exist!!!

My husband's  SOWP and my 11year old son study permit got approved after the 3rd attempt.
First attempt 2016 we all applied as a family and were all bounced on purpose of visit and home ties. After I got my study permit approved in June 2021 we reapplied  on
Refused 29th September

GCMS notes finally came in late November- December 2021 (applied for hubby and the kids and they all came at different dates, one even came in the middle of December) GCMS notes showed the VO was concerned about the cost implications of running 2 homes and home ties.
Luckily all those concerns had been adequately tackled in the SOP during reapplication.
In the course of waiting a friend who had also applied for study permit for her kids decided to try out the new IRCC portal and got her kids visitor visa approved in 7days so we decided to give it a try too. Visitor visa application was done on the 19th of December 2021...then another round of waiting commenced.

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Payslips
Int'l passports
SOP
We wrote to CIC twice and filled out webform once last week and most of the messages were not even delivered. Letter to MP has also not been acknowledged
This can only be God!

Congratulations to you and your family, pls can you share the new IRCC portal you applied through?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Exline101: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
Think4Yourself:

Please kindly add up, 09029 21 7538

Please add me up on the WhatsApp too, 08189528669
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Exline101: 7:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=Jioke1994 post=109479096]We have a group WhatsApp already.
U can join us.
We'll teach u how 2 apply urself.
My 1st refused app was done by an agent in Canada.
My 2nd approved app was done by me, with d help of d gurus on dis great platform.
Tnx to them though.
Dey are really nice and intelligent.

[/
Please add me up on the WhatsApp too, 08189528669

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Residentourist: 7:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thank you

First generate an invitation code with this link
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Then proceed to apply with
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Kam3:

Congratulations to you and your family, pls can you share the new IRCC portal you applied through?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Residentourist: 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thank you!!!
As for the "Barry Allen" part...the praise goes to God!

buchito1:
Congratulations MA'AM!!! smiley

I think their App is actually FASTER than "Barry Allen"
wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gift212: 7:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
Nice! They sef used their tati six cheesy
Residentourist:
Thank you!!!

No I don't. Coincidentally, I just checked the portal out of curiosity and saw that the visitor visa application has been withdrawn today.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MyLaine: 8:00pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hi everyone

I’m new here. I just stumbled on this page a few days ago. Please I need advise and guidance. My case is quite peculiar so kindly excuse the epistle.

I graduated with a third class a while back and then went on to do a masters degree in the UK. Now I want to port from naija. I am currently in FSW pool. Been there for ages but cos of age… even applied for PNP still waiting.

So when Uk started their PSW again, I decided to apply to study. I got into two very good schools but I have deferred their offer to start in September. I did this because I want to give Canada a final try before taking the Uk route.

So I applied to U of M last year November. I haven’t heard from there. Frankly I don’t think I will get in cause at the time I applied, I used my UK experience to apply and Canada application is very different. Even if you have done masters before, they will still request for your bachelors degree. I was hoping to rely on my experience and my UK masters but I now know it won’t work. So my question to the gurus in the house, frankrobbn and the others (hope I spelt it well?) is what options do I have to get into Canada? I mean what is the best option? Am I allowed to apply for a diploma even with my Uk masters degree? Cause I now realize that with my third class, I will find it very hard getting acceptance in Canada for a masters degree. So kindly advise please as I am running out of time and the Uk schools are already on my neck to accept my offers.

Thanks In Advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by purespikes: 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
AbolajiBadmus:
It’s PPR guys����. Allihamdulilah

Application submitted 22nd October,2021
Biometrics 27th October,2021
Upfront medicals 17th January,2022
Medical passed 20th January,2022
PPR and BVL 21st January,2022
Exactly 3 months after…

Please can someone put me through on how to send my passport. I pray we all get the desired PPR on this platform�
Congratulations. Don't forget to update us with the documents submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by purespikes: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
donkunzman:
Hi Guys,

Just got PPR.

Submitted application on Oct. 27
Medical request on Jan. 6
Medicals on Jan. 13

Will post more details later.

Thanks everyone for your contributions that gave me heart attack because I submitted my application before finding this page - I thought my submission was not sufficient. Lol.

Congratulations. Please share the documents submitted Please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
Congratulations!!!
This is the kinda news i love seeing cheesy
I'll testify soon too.

Agunnaya01:
God is Great!!!!!
1st time applicant..
Will give full timeline shortly...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by EhischemNg: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
PaJay008:

Thank you for the response broda.. I truly appreciate.

Dad has a steady monthly pension. The 3m is just part of his gratuity to support what I have for the POF.

if na part then it is good...Explain it is a gift deed from dad, using him as a co -sponsor means u need to show his statement of acct too,show his transfer to u.

Then your dad retirement documents showing his total gratuity and monthly pay..

Jux being careful as the dere are cases visa are being refused due to the vo concerns of depletion of family resourses"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
I did that already though but all the same thank you for your response.

Lekiboboe:

Non I know of.

Alternatively, type LANDING GIST on the Nairaland search bar , you should see some
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Osemigho: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
MyLaine:
Hi everyone

I’m new here. I just stumbled on this page a few days ago. Please I need advise and guidance. My case is quite peculiar so kindly excuse the epistle.

I graduated with a third class a while back and then went on to do a masters degree in the UK. Now I want to port from naija. I am currently in FSW pool. Been there for ages but cos of age… even applied for PNP still waiting.

So when Uk started their PSW again, I decided to apply to study. I got into two very good schools but I have deferred their offer to start in September. I did this because I want to give Canada a final try before taking the Uk route.

So I applied to U of M last year November. I haven’t heard from there. Frankly I don’t think I will get in cause at the time I applied, I used my UK experience to apply and Canada application is very different. Even if you have done masters before, they will still request for your bachelors degree. I was hoping to rely on my experience and my UK masters but I now know it won’t work. So my question to the gurus in the house, frankrobbn and the others (hope I spelt it well?) is what options do I have to get into Canada? I mean what is the best option? Am I allowed to apply for a diploma even with my Uk masters degree? Cause I now realize that with my third class, I will find it very hard getting acceptance in Canada for a masters degree. So kindly advise please as I am running out of time and the Uk schools are already on my neck to accept my offers.

Thanks In Advance.

Your best Canadian option, if you have a great UK GPA, is PhD. That will take you about 1 year or more to complete the admission and visa process. Another masters or PGD might work, but you will have a lot of explaining and planning to do. If you are seeking a quick and easy route to study abroad, I believe UK is still your best option for now. Canada requires a lot of patience and planning. I am not sure you will be able or ready to do that since you're already eyeing and under pressure with UK.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Filanodivine(m): 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2022
jollytravels:
I have account in Zenith bank but abandoned it and I used unity bank to apply for FORM A from monday to yesterday when i got approval it took me 4days and i have forwarded my TELEX to the school and my deadline is still Feb 9. So my advise to you will be use less busy banks.
Thank you bro, I’ll check smaller banks. I have fcmb and access too but I think they will be busy too

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by themankelechi: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2022
It can only be God indeed and He is too faithful to fail.
Congratulations!!!

Residentourist:

Refused 29th September

PPRs January 21, 2022!!!

Documents submitted
All relevant IMM forms
Bank statements
Investment certificates
Pension Documents
Payslips
Int'l passports
SOP
This can only be God!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by MyLaine: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thank you for your response and advice.

Osemigho:

Your best Canadian option, if you have a great UK GPA, is PhD. That will take you about 1 year or more to complete the admission and visa process. Another masters or PGD might work, but you will have a lot of explaining and planning to do. If you are seeking a quick and easy route to study abroad, I believe UK is still your best option for now. Canada requires a lot of patience and planning. I am not sure you will be able or ready to do that since you're already eyeing and under pressure with UK.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hello
Please is there anyone who applied for the niagara college-Toronto.
How long does it take for them to get back to you after application submission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by PaJay008: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2022
EhischemNg:

if na part then it is good...Explain it is a gift deed from dad, using him as a co -sponsor means u need to show his statement of acct too,show his transfer to u.

Then your dad retirement documents showing his total gratuity and monthly pay..

Jux being careful as the dere are cases visa are being refused due to the vo concerns of depletion of family resourses"

I get the point.
Thank you for your attention, I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Gracedarhmee: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hello
Please is there anyone who applied for the Niagara college-Toronto, Canada.
How long does it take for them to respond after an application has been submitted.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Enitsua3M(m): 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2022
Lekiboboe:

Not the best option, but it is possible.

You must state with cogent reasons on your Study Visa SOP (STATEMENT OF PURPOSE) why you are going for a PG.Cert progran instead of a Masters.

For me, an MSC is a more better option cos it shows an Academic Progression.

Await more response from the gurus and other members of this platform to this question of yours

Data Analytics PG.CERT Programs
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/175#102877950

Business Analytics PG. CERT Programs
Google the following skools & do research on their PG.Cert in Business Analytics Programs

Business Analytics
St. Lawrence College, Kingston, ON

Business Analytics
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Sudbury, ON

IT Business Analysis
Cambrian College of Applied Arts and Technology, Sudbury, ON

Analytics for Business Decision Making
George Brown College, Toronto, ON

Data Analytics for Business Decisions
Durham College, Oshawa, ON

Analytics for Business Decision Making
Mohawk College, Hamilton, ON

Masters Data Analytics , related field (Thesis - based)
https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/340#103603240

Also google and look for Computer Science programs in Canadian Universities with Specialization in Data Analytics

Good luck!!!

Thank you very much for this, it’s really helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by dangervu(m): 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=Exline101 post=109572164][/quote]

can you please add me to the whatsapp group .... 08032315799
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Enitsua3M(m): 9:49pm On Jan 21, 2022
Osemigho:

You can apply for PGC. However, your GPA and field (computer science) are too lucrative right now for you to low ball yourself. If I were you, I will patiently look for msc in computer science with scholarship. I am sure you will get one.

Also, I won't do msc in data science because it is a narrow field that accepts anyone. Any graduate can study data science, but it is likely only those that study bsc computer science will be accepted into msc computer science. Also, msc computer science graduate can easily get data science job, but not the other way round. All the best.

Thanks a lot for this, I do understand what you mean. I personally see Computer Science as too broad a course, having a BSc to me is good enough so right now I’m just deciding to focus on Data Analytics or data related studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Atigba: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2022
Residentourist:
Thank you

First generate an invitation code with this link
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Then proceed to apply with
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

So in this new web you don't need to upload forms. Just straight away
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by frankiez33: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2022
[quote author=Exline101 post=109572164][/quote]

Please add 08030965047, thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by shupy: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2022
Been awhile guys
Shoutout to @lekiboboe. I don’t know how you keep up with Nairaland while studying. You are a rare gem. Congratulations to those that have been granted ppr and all the best to those awaiting ppr.

To those of you that have been granted ppr and already studying online for winter semester, please complete your winter semester in Nigeria.

Adapting to a new environment is already challenging but doing so during winter makes it more difficult. I must say I am coping much better with the cold than I expected, but that’s because I was prepared and already familiar with the system to an extent.

You’re likely to get lost or miss your bus at some point. Believe me you don’t want that to happen to you in the cold.

The winter is brutal but it’s not all that bad when you are in indoor. You won’t even feel it with a good heater in your residence. My point is that arriving during winter is not a good idea.

Best wishes to everyone.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Papapa1234: 11:03pm On Jan 21, 2022
pls who knows any notary lawyer in Lagos..

its urgent pls..thank.you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by OluwaFavored: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2022
Hello house,

I need views/response on this please.

OluwaFavored:
Hey House,

1. Can someone with Professional Master of Accountancy go for a PG Cert in Data Analytics?
What's your view about how the VO will view that progression?
The aim is to blend the accounting with data analytics for business decisions due to technology taking over everything. Will explaining this in SoP be enough?

2. If an uncle with different name is going to be my sponsor, what are the right documents to submit?
Is it better to submit personal accounts or company?
He will not likely give that of company though.

3. Will paying for maybe whole first semester fees help visa approval?

Thanks much all.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 by Agunnaya01: 11:45pm On Jan 21, 2022
Agunnaya01:
God is Great!!!!!
1st time applicant..
Will give full timeline shortly...

My ppl, God is Great, God is merciful... chai,, God too much... Put ur trust in Him, e no get wetin Him no fit hlp u achieve.

Submitted application 9th September
Biometric: 13th sept, updated same day
Upfront medicals: 6th October, updated to pass some days after(can’t really remember)
Eligibility review started sometime in November (can’t really remember d exact day)

Got married around December of last yr and updated ircc via webform few days after.

Sent some mails to both london, lagos, kenya and abuja after my application past processing time. Got generic responses. Sent some more then i just stopped the frequent sending, then sent once in a while.

Contacted abt 7 mp’s or so, 1 was kind enof to reach out early this month, helped me contact ircc and was told ircc said my application was still under review of eligibility.

School sent mail around November, said we could start online pending ircc final decision, i accepted d offer and started classes online this January.

Sent a mail to ircc on the 20th jan, i attached my enrollment form to show them i’v started classes.

Documents submitted:
(Self sponsored)
Tuition receipt (paid full tuition, its a 1 yr course)
GIC advice (did gic of 10k cad)
Acceptance letter
Affidavit of Good character
Birth cert
C.v
Degree cert
Nysc cert
LOE
Letter of recommendation from work
Letter of confirmation of employment
Siblings and parents i.d cards
Letter of recommendations from d 2 banks i bank with.
MBS of 2 banks i bank with
Abt 2m in one account and abt 6m in d second account.

At the end of the day It’s really God’s grace.
Timelines ppl post here was a source of motivation for me. I would at d slightest chance come here n go through posts (lol),
Got loads of information from here, God bless everyone that has posted here, it goes a long way.

@frankrobn, boss, thank you, at a point, wen i was gathering documents to apply, i just went through ur entire post on this thread, God bless u sir. To every other person that has made and is still making this thread an epitome of knowledge, God bless u guys.

To those still expecting, e go surely end in praise, to those that were delayed, restrategise and re-fire, e go surely end in praise.

God’s Grace found me. He will keep helping us all.

So sorry for d long write up...

Cheers...���

21 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (834)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.