Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,712 members, 7,889,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:06 AM

Terrorists Name Current Govs, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorists Name Current Govs, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors (395 Views)

Olawunmi: Boko Haram Named Governors, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors / 2023 Presidency: APC Govs, Senators Behind Tinubu To Succeed Buhari – Adeyanju / Abba Bichi, Son Of DSS DG Uses DSS Officials As Bodyguards & Charters Plane - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorists Name Current Govs, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors by Abujason: 3:30pm On Aug 25, 2021
A former Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi, has said that Boko Haram terrorists mentioned names of current governors, senators and Aso Rock officials as sponsors during interrogation but the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has demonstrated an unwillingness to go after the high-profile politicians for reasons best known to him.

Olawunmi spoke on Wednesday when he featured on Channels Television’s ‘Sunrise Daily’ breakfast programme monitored by The PUNCH.

He described as an “aberration”, Tuesday attack by bloodthirsty bandits on the Kaduna campus of Nigeria’s foremost military university, the Nigerian Defence Academy, where two military officers were killed and another kidnapped.

“It is an aberration; you don’t attack the Nigerian Defence Academy and get away with it,” he lamented, adding that the NDA, like other military environments in the country, carelessly opens its doors to everyone on Friday for Jumat prayer.

Olawunmi said terrorists and criminals profile military environments during the weekly Muslim prayer on Fridays.

He said, “In 2017, I carried out an investigation by the minister of defence that wanted me to check what was going on with the training and the security there (NDA). I remember I spent about a week in the NDA with the commandant and the staff but something struck me: every Friday, the gate of NDA is thrown open and everybody has access to pray in the mosque.

“On Fridays, you are going to see the same thing happening across all military formations in the country…If you go to Defence Headquarters, I served at the Defence Headquarters as the Deputy Director, Defence Administration between 2015 and 2017, throughout my two years at the Defence Headquarters, I received visitors twice because of the strict security architecture there but every Friday, the gate of the Defence Headquarters is thrown wide open for everybody to come in and observe Jumat.

That is the time the terrorists have the time to profile our security environment. It has always been the case. I have served the military intelligence for the past 35 years. Our problem is religion and socio-cultural.”

Furthermore, Olawunmi, a Professor of Global Security Studies, said he was a member of the Intelligence Brief at the Defence Headquarters during the leadership of the then Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Abayomi Olonisakin (retd.).

The intelligence expert said he told the then CDS that the centre of gravity of the Boko Haram insurgency ravaging the North-East and spreading to other parts of Nigeria was the sponsors.

“I told General Olonisakin then that the centre of this problem cannot be solved the same way we solved the problem of the Niger Delta. The Niger Delta problem was solved during (Ex-President Umaru) Yar’adua basically by me and I told them that we can’t use that same template for Boko Haram.

Source: https://punchng.com/terrorists-named-current-govs-senators-aso-rock-officials-as-sponsors-during-interrogation-ex-naval-officer/?amp
Re: Terrorists Name Current Govs, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors by AdTimmy: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2021
Different strokes for different folks. Problems associated with head slamming in this country is innumerable and cannot be overemphasized. The sponsors will also be hunted in the nearest future by rival gang of their fellow ethnic bandit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Terrorists Name Current Govs, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors by Jostoman: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
You people should continue enjoying your next level.
Re: Terrorists Name Current Govs, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors by yarimo(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2021
Mr man name the gov, senators and the aso rock officials or stop spreading false informations .

(1) (Reply)

me / We Will Not Allow The Killing Of Christians,we Condemed It- Yemi Osinbajo (video / A Ten Year Old Warning Of What Is Going On Right Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.