Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,674 members, 7,882,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! (3658 Views)

Ronald Dosunmu Scored 8As In WAEC, 350 In UTME Admitted To Covenant University / Mopileola Tomi Adewumi Graduates From Oklahoma State University In America / "I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
George McLaurin, the first black man admitted to the University of Oklahoma in 1948, was forced to sit in a corner far from his white classmates.

But his name remains on the honor roll as one of the three best students of the university. These are his words: "Some colleagues would look at me like I was an animal, no one would give me a word, the teachers seemed like they were not even there for me, nor did they always take my questions when I asked. But I devoted myself so much that afterwards, they began to look for me to give them explanations and to clear their questions."

Mukina2.
Dominique.
Mynd44
Seun.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2021
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

All lives matter.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2021
Not new. Are you tired of defending the failure buhari that you have to look for distractions ehn

21 Likes

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Nuelito: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2021
Good to know
Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Gabe427: 6:54pm On Aug 25, 2021
Nothing new here about a year ago same shi happened in south Africa
Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by ManirBK: 6:59pm On Aug 25, 2021
This is A Great Lesson for Everyone ,the
rejected stone Became the chief Corner
Stone Thanks George McLaurin for this
Lesson.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by YoungboyNBA(m): 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2021
So make we fry fanta undecided

Despite the fact that we're all Africans, blah blah blah undecided. This had nothing to do with Africans in Africa, specifically Nigerians, because it's non of our business and no one here has to worry about it too. Rather focus on the history of African kingdoms, their empires, riches and all of that, not these sorry and sympathetic Black American History.
The whites made most Africans believe the The Egyptian Empire was the greatest, they hid the main African Empire/Kingdom's history. Go and learn about them, and thank me later.

One more thing....... You're all free to quote and bash when I'm not on your side, as usual .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Monogamy: 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2021
Interesting
Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Monogamy: 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
post=105175163:
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

All lives matter.

Black lives matter only in Western world not in black nations itself

Abi, why would some mad people like Boko haram , bandits, killer herdsmen wake up one morning and decided to kill people for no reasonable course that's in 21st century

11 Likes

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by ManirBK: 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2021
post=105175163:
BLACK LIVES MATTER.
All lives matter.
What a humiliation! The black man have really suffered from the hands of the white. I'm glad he was able to let them know that is only the skin that is different, all other things are the same among us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by ManirBK: 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
Nuelito:
Good to know
Staying focused in all situations matters a
lot.Success always lies on the other side of
pain.This man underwent real harsh
treatment in the hands of the white, but the
end was far greater than what he went
through.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Christistruth00: 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2021
They gave him the Covid 19 treatment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by ManirBK: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2021
Who was the photographer that captured this?? And what was his primary intent of taking this shot??

1 Like

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by ManirBK: 7:41pm On Aug 25, 2021
Christistruth00:
They gave him the Covid 19 treatment
See how unfair this world was.. ' White
supremacist ideology ' a derailment of
human civilization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Obdk: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2021
post=105175148:
George McLaurin, the first black man admitted to the University of Oklahoma in 1948, was forced to sit in a corner far from his white classmates.

But his name remains on the honor roll as one of the three best students of the university. These are his words: "Some colleagues would look at me like I was an animal, no one would give me a word, the teachers seemed like they were not even there for me, nor did they always take my questions when I asked. But I devoted myself so much that afterwards, they began to look for me to give them explanations and to clear their questions."

Mukina2.
Dominique.
Mynd44
Seun.

You know this yet you passionately defend ur failure daddy

7 Likes

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by kettykin: 8:52pm On Aug 25, 2021
Isn't this worse than what discrimination igbo race are facing in Nigeria, yet Nigeria keeps loosing ground every second all in the name that igbo didn't vote SPC

1 Like

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2021
post=105175148:

Mukina2.
Dominique.
Mynd44
Seun.

Wow this is so powerful, reminds me of Srinivasa Ramanujan a great indian mathematician that even the British respected during their rule in India.

What I've discovered in life is to develop yourself to an extreme point of value where you solve uncommon problems, that would also be the level of your rewards.

Nice write up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by coolhumble(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2021
No no no brother. Some of us don't bash we ask questions to learn. Where can we learn about those African empires's history.

YoungboyNBA:
So make we fry fanta undecided

Despite the fact that we're all Africans, blah blah blah undecided. This had nothing to do with Africans in Africa, specifically Nigerians, because it's non of our business and no one here has to worry about it too. Rather focus on the history of African kingdoms, their empires, riches and all of that, not these sorry and sympathetic Black American History.
The whites made most Africans believe the The Egyptian Empire was the greatest, they hid the main African Empire/Kingdom's history. Go and learn about them, and thank me later.

One more thing....... You're all free to quote and bash when I'm not on your side, as usual .
Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by coolhumble(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2021
The photographer's primary intent was the obvious treatment of the only black man in the university. The name? Ask Google!

ManirBK:
Who was the photographer that captured
this?? And what was his primary intent of
taking this shot??
Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by YoungboyNBA(m): 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2021
coolhumble:
No no no brother. Some of us don't bash we ask questions to learn. Where can we learn about those African empires's history.

That's why you own an Android phone and data bro, and the Google on your phone is very much needed here to bro......
There are also some teachings about them too on Tik Tok and even YouTube too. No one told me, I searched for them.
Try looking for the ancient Benin(Edo State ) empire, it is known to have built the greatest walls of all time back then..... Not even the walls of Jericho stood a chance. Try Google bro. It'll help.
Re: The First Black Man Admitted To Oklahoma University in 1948! by JovialJune(f): 11:25pm On Aug 25, 2021
[s]
post=105175163:
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

All lives matter.
[/s]

When will you be admitted to Sambisa forest? Cos that is where you truly belong.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oau 2017 Cutoff Mark For Faculty Of Law, Pharmacy And Science / NCEE Cut-off Mark Of Each State For 2017/2018 / Jamb Website Hacked, Some Results Upgradedā€ Orders Fresh Exams On May 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.