Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,866 members, 7,872,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:26 AM

Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? (6615 Views)

NASA Claim “dozens” Of Advanced Civilisations Existed Before Us / Ile-Ife Existed Before Birth Of Jesus Christ - Ooni of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by passion007: 11:12pm On Sep 03, 2012
Sun of god:

Incorrect - I'm saying human beings were on this earth before adam was created.
Ordinarily, i wldnt b part of the arguments on NL. Howevr ur post raises some intriguing points. For eg, Adam and Eve had Cain n Abel. Abel died. So, 3 people in all the world. Punitively, God makes Cain to wander in distant lands and he laments: "WHOEVER finds me will kill me". Even God follows that train of thought, ANYONE who kills u will suffer 7 times over. That can only be possible if there was life on the East of Eden.

Also, eventually Cain got married (to who His father's wife?).

Seth also got married

Riddle me this, i think the creation story can be largely faulted. Dont get me wrong, Im a Christian, but theres some missing link. That or the Creation story is only merely symbolic.

In conclusion,yes human beings were on earth before Adam was created.

1 Like

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Dainfamous: 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2012
At list our fore fathers didn't land with their heads cheesy
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Rossikk(m): 11:35pm On Sep 03, 2012
'Adam and Eve' were not the first humans.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by bashr8: 11:42pm On Sep 03, 2012
macjive01: Earlier I posted about my mtDNA and Y-DNA results.

mtDNA: L1b1a

Y-DNA: E1b1a

Africans, including Igbos, have existed before the advent of organized religions. Read about  Igbo spiritual science here: Odinani/Omenala.

Recently, I read Catherine Acholonu-Olumba’s over 500-page book titled, They Lived Before Adam Prehistoric Origins of the Igbo The Never-Been-Ruled, in a culmination of 18 years of research into Igbo origins and the origins of other Kwa peoples. Kwa languages belong to the Niger-Congo family and are spoken by over 20 million people in such places as Nigeria, Ghana, and Benin.

In her book, she traces the “origin of the Igbo people of Nigeria to the earliest days of Homo Erectus Africans.”

Very early on in the book she examines the meaning of  “ndi Igbo.” She states, “Ndi-Igbo simply means, “the Ancients, the First People, the Aboriginals (Ndi Gbo).” The Igbo civilization in Nigeria is one that synthesized over the years from the original Negro hunter-gatherer autochthons (otherwise called Homo Erectus) scattered over various parts of the continent of Africa prior to and beyond 500,000 years ago from where they spread across the globe in the first phases of the ‘Out of Africa’ migrations. In West Africa these hunter gatherers were called Igbo by the earliest migrants who met them in situ on arrival in the Niger-Benue confluence area. In other parts of Africa they went by various names such as Bushmen, San or Shan, Twa and Pygmies. It was these little people, known in Southern Africa as San or Shan, in China as Shan (creators of the Shan Dynasty of God-men) and in Igbo land as Eshi/Nshi or Nwa Nshi, who until recently were still seen in southeastern Nigeria nurturing the cultural life-wire of the Igbo, that had birthed the original Igbo forest culture hundreds of millennia before the North-South migrations that were later to bring about the relatively new Pan-Igbo identity anchored around the Nri hegemony” (Acholonu-Olumba, 2009, p. 2)

Whether one agrees with many of her assertions, it is quite apparent she is well-researched. The book can no doubt spark interesting conversations among those interested in the African origins of humankind. I find this research promising, and the idea of the Igbo being an ancient people, who have influenced a number of other cultures and religions, to be my position.
why are you shocked ? did you actually believe adam and eve where the first humans? for our population to be above 30 million that mean we have been here for a long time.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by dayokanu(m): 4:51am On Sep 04, 2012
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by floriana(m): 5:02am On Sep 04, 2012
Waoh! If we pursue this any further, we may end up with the theory that indeed God is the original Eze Ndigbo Gburu gburu! Na wah o.

3 Likes

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by ektbear: 6:31am On Sep 04, 2012
floriana: Waoh! If we pursue this any further, we may end up with the theory that indeed God is the original Eze Ndigbo Gburu gburu! Na wah o.

lmfao grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by PaulJohn1: 8:02am On Sep 04, 2012
floriana: Waoh! If we pursue this any further, we may end up with the theory that indeed God is the original Eze Ndigbo Gburu gburu! Na wah o.

grin grin grin
Seriously, people have to know their origin
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by gidiMonsta(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2012

grin grin grin I swear NL ibos are a special breed.

1 Like

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 12:21pm On Sep 04, 2012

Nigerians are indeed funny
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by dayokanu(m): 3:06pm On Sep 04, 2012

Well Igbos are naturally delusional people.

If you ask them today they said they say they are descendants of Jews

Tomorrow they existed before Adam, How can you be descendants of Jews and also exist before Adam?

Thats what Happens when some Bantu people if Congo carry all the criminals in their empire and dump them in the cursed regions called Alayibo

1 Like

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Torch1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 04, 2012
dayokanu:

Well Igbos are naturally delusional people.

If you ask them today they said they say they are descendants of Jews

Tomorrow they existed before Adam, How can you be descendants of Jews and also exist before Adam?

Thats what Happens when some Bantu people if Congo carry all the criminals in their empire and dump them in the cursed regions called Alayibo
At least we dont believe that our fore father fall from sky, unlike many people.. Lol!

2 Likes

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by dayokanu(m): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2012
Torch1:
At least we dont believe that our fore father fall from sky, unlike many people.. Lol!

Who cares hat you believe? As long as you have a consistent story.

Jews believed that God moulded clay and breath into it to make man and stuck to the story

But with Igbos they are from Jews today, tomorrow they existed before Adam, next they descended from Kongolese outcast left in the forest to rot

So which one

2 Likes

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by tubolancer(m): 4:34pm On Sep 04, 2012
But the igbo people trace their origin to the jew or is it the jew that trace their origin to the igbo race,something is amiss.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Malawian(m): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2012
I never noticed the "GOD" in genesis 1 and the "lord God" in genesis 2. This thread is really an eye openner. Apparently, a disctinction was being made in the two chapters. Maybe "lord God" here might refer to the alien scientists enki and enlil.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by T9ksy(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2012
tubolancer: But the igbo people trace their origin to the jew or is it the jew that trace their origin to the igbo race,something is amiss.

Quite right! The jews trace their origin to alaigbo land!!

floriana: Waoh! If we pursue this any further, we may end up with the theory that indeed[b] God is the original Eze Ndigbo Gburu gburu![/b] Na wah o.

grin grin grin
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 9:30am On Oct 25, 2012
This is very revealing!

I pray the day igbo man become president, this country will be transformed to paradise!
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by geeez: 9:59am On Oct 25, 2012
*yawns*
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2012
Wat are u yawning for? Did u read the article at all ?

1 Like

Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by dasparrow: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2012

lol grin Okay, that was funny.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 8:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
macjive01: Earlier I posted about my mtDNA and Y-DNA results.

Africans, including Igbos, have existed before the advent of organized religions. Read about  Igbo spiritual science here: Odinani/Omenala.

Recently, I read Catherine Acholonu-Olumba’s over 500-page book titled, They Lived Before Adam Prehistoric Origins of the Igbo The Never-Been-Ruled, in a culmination of 18 years of research into Igbo origins and the origins of other Kwa peoples. Kwa languages belong to the Niger-Congo family and are spoken by over 20 million people in such places as Nigeria, Ghana, and Benin.

In her book, she traces the “origin of the Igbo people of Nigeria to the earliest days of Homo Erectus Africans.”

Very early on in the book she examines the meaning of  “ndi Igbo.” She states, “Ndi-Igbo simply means, “the Ancients, the First People, the Aboriginals (Ndi Gbo).” The Igbo civilization in Nigeria is one that synthesized over the years from the original Negro hunter-gatherer autochthons (otherwise called Homo Erectus) scattered over various parts of the continent of Africa prior to and beyond 500,000 years ago from where they spread across the globe in the first phases of the ‘Out of Africa’ migrations. In West Africa these hunter gatherers were called Igbo by the earliest migrants who met them in situ on arrival in the Niger-Benue confluence area. In other parts of Africa they went by various names such as Bushmen, San or Shan, Twa and Pygmies. It was these little people, known in Southern Africa as San or Shan, in China as Shan (creators of the Shan Dynasty of God-men) and in Igbo land as Eshi/Nshi or Nwa Nshi, who until recently were still seen in southeastern Nigeria nurturing the cultural life-wire of the Igbo, that had birthed the original Igbo forest culture hundreds of millennia before the North-South migrations that were later to bring about the relatively new Pan-Igbo identity anchored around the Nri hegemony” (Acholonu-Olumba, 2009, p. 2)

Whether one agrees with many of her assertions, it is quite apparent she is well-researched. The book can no doubt spark interesting conversations among those interested in the African origins of humankind. I find this research promising, and the idea of the Igbo being an ancient people, who have influenced a number of other cultures and religions, to be my position.

Does that mean igbo are the high priest melchizedek ?
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2013
dayokanu:

Who cares hat you believe? As long as you have a consistent story.

Jews believed that God moulded clay and breath into it to make man and stuck to the story

But with Igbos they are from Jews today, tomorrow they existed before Adam, next they descended from Kongolese outcast left in the forest to rot

So which one

Someone is so anti -igbo
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by macjive01: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Origin of igbos
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by LajaLaba: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2013
Which kind yeye thread be this
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by Ndipe(m): 2:55am On May 09, 2018
Very funny thread. As far as I know, Adam was the first human.
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by ayinba1(f): 12:54am On May 12, 2018
They must be jinns then!
Adam - peace be upon him- was the first human/man
Re: Jesus! Igbos Existed Before Adam ? by IduNaOba: 9:30am On Nov 27, 2019
macjive01:
Earlier I posted about my mtDNA and Y-DNA results.

How do I get this book from you please

(1) (2) (Reply)

Richest And Prominent Tribes In Africa / Reasons Why I Love Igbo's / Nigerian Diaspora (1400 – 1900AD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.