Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,081 members, 7,919,488 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 09:33 AM

What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) (549 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / What Marriage Advice Would You Give Your Younger Self? / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by PstDuruAba: 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2021
WHAT MARRIAGE IS AND WHAT WILL STRENGTHEN OR DESTROY MARRIAGE (Gen. 1:26-31)

BY REV DR. DURUOHA SYLVANUS.

Definition of Marriage:
Marriage is the legally or formally reorganised union of two people; a man and a woman, as partners in a personal relationship as husband and wife.
Marriage is to institute a new home with a man and a woman officially, as husband and wife, to live together and begin the assignment God gave to each of them.
With this Definition, we are going to discuss:
1. The woman’s assignment.
2. The man’s assignment.
3. Marriage destroyers.

1. THE WOMAN’S ASSIGNMENT:
The woman’s assignment is to be a helper to the man, to be fruitful, reproduce. The woman is also to be submissive to the man. (Gen 2:18; Eph 5:22-24)
2. THE MAN’S ASSIGNMENT:
God assigned the man to raise the beautiful Garden of Eden. Man also was given a responsibility to love his wife and care for the woman. (Gen 2:15; Eph 5:25-28)

As they both continue to play their divine roles and responsibilities, the consummation of the marriage will continue to be enjoyed by both.

3. MARRIAGE DESTROYERS:
The following factors can contribute to be destruction and fall of marriages:
1. The abuse of husband’s and wife’s divine mandate.
2. How the man sees the wife and maid.
3. Lack of acceptance of fault and apology.
4. Personality clash.
5. Lack of appreciation of each other.
6. Sexual relationship (1 Cor 7:1-5).
7. Caring of visitors and guests.
8. How the woman care for her direct parents and her husband’s people
9. The woman’s bank A/c and family joint A/c.
10. Husband and wife business failure.
11. The both personal secretes.
12. Unfaithfulness to each other.
When these marriage destroyers creep into the family, they always seat on the seat of claiming rights, seeing no reason to accept faults and each will be saying, “I don’t blame you”. When both are saying this, who then favoured each other?
For this marriage to be as God instituted it, both must learn to submit to each other. (Eph 5:21). This is the only thing that can fight away the marriage destroyers.

REV DR. DURUOHA SYLVANUS IS THE ASSISTANT GENERAL OVERSEER AND NATIONAL MARRIAGE COUNSELOR OF EVANGELICAL LIFE GOSPEL CHURCH.
EVANGELICAL LIFE GOSPEL CHURCH IS HEADQUARTERED AT:
7b Anyanwu St, opp. Niger-Stone, after Ariaria Junction,
PH-Enugu Express Way, Aba Abia State, Nigeria.
P.O Box: 1624 Aba.
Abia State, Nigeria.

ACTIVITIES OF EVANGELICAL LIFE GOSPEL CHURCH
1. Sunday Service: 8:30am to 12:30pm, every Sunday.
2. Systematic bible study: 5pm to 6:30pm every Tuesday.
3. Mid-week prayer clinic: Wednesday, 9:am to 12:30pm
4. Revival hour: Thursday, 5:pm to 6:30pm.
5. Monthly tarry night and deliverance: last Friday of every month, 9pm to dawn.65.
6. House caring fellowship: Sunday, 5:pm to 6:30pm

For 24 hour Ecounseling and prayer, contact:
Pst. Duruoha Sylvanus Nwaeze.
Tel: 08037303442; 08056532780
WhatsApp: 08178484022

Re: What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by PstDuruAba: 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
PstDuruAba:
WHAT MARRIAGE IS AND WHAT WILL STRENGTHEN OR DESTROY MARRIAGE (Gen. 1:26-31)

BY REV DR. DURUOHA SYLVANUS.

Definition of Marriage:
Marriage is the legally or formally reorganised union of two people; a man and a woman, as partners in a personal relationship as husband and wife.
Marriage is to institute a new home with a man and a woman officially, as husband and wife, to live together and begin the assignment God gave to each of them.
With this Definition, we are going to discuss:
1. The woman’s assignment.
2. The man’s assignment.
3. Marriage destroyers.

1. THE WOMAN’S ASSIGNMENT:
The woman’s assignment is to be a helper to the man, to be fruitful, reproduce. The woman is also to be submissive to the man. (Gen 2:18; Eph 5:22-24)
2. THE MAN’S ASSIGNMENT:
God assigned the man to raise the beautiful Garden of Eden. Man also was given a responsibility to love his wife and care for the woman. (Gen 2:15; Eph 5:25-28)

As they both continue to play their divine roles and responsibilities, the consummation of the marriage will continue to be enjoyed by both.

3. MARRIAGE DESTROYERS:
The following factors can contribute to be destruction and fall of marriages:
1. The abuse of husband’s and wife’s divine mandate.
2. How the man sees the wife and maid.
3. Lack of acceptance of fault and apology.
4. Personality clash.
5. Lack of appreciation of each other.
6. Sexual relationship (1 Cor 7:1-5).
7. Caring of visitors and guests.
8. How the woman care for her direct parents and her husband’s people
9. The woman’s bank A/c and family joint A/c.
10. Husband and wife business failure.
11. The both personal secretes.
12. Unfaithfulness to each other.
When these marriage destroyers creep into the family, they always seat on the seat of claiming rights, seeing no reason to accept faults and each will be saying, “I don’t blame you”. When both are saying this, who then favoured each other?
For this marriage to be as God instituted it, both must learn to submit to each other. (Eph 5:21). This is the only thing that can fight away the marriage destroyers.

REV DR. DURUOHA SYLVANUS IS THE ASSISTANT GENERAL OVERSEER AND NATIONAL MARRIAGE COUNSELOR OF EVANGELICAL LIFE GOSPEL CHURCH.
EVANGELICAL LIFE GOSPEL CHURCH IS HEADQUARTERED AT:
7b Anyanwu St, opp. Niger-Stone, after Ariaria Junction,
PH-Enugu Express Way, Aba Abia State, Nigeria.
P.O Box: 1624 Aba.
Abia State, Nigeria.

ACTIVITIES OF EVANGELICAL LIFE GOSPEL CHURCH
1. Sunday Service: 8:30am to 12:30pm, every Sunday.
2. Systematic bible study: 5pm to 6:30pm every Tuesday.
3. Mid-week prayer clinic: Wednesday, 9:am to 12:30pm
4. Revival hour: Thursday, 5:pm to 6:30pm.
5. Monthly tarry night and deliverance: last Friday of every month, 9pm to dawn.65.
6. House caring fellowship: Sunday, 5:pm to 6:30pm

For 24 hour Ecounseling and prayer, contact:
Pst. Duruoha Sylvanus Nwaeze.
Tel: 08037303442; 08056532780
WhatsApp: 08178484022
Re: What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by Layormiii(f): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2021
God bless you sir. You are on point. May God restore all the broken homes and give peace to all the family without one ijn
Re: What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 13, 2021
Re: What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by Layormiii(f): 8:19am On Sep 13, 2021
Passionfruitt:

Me, I am liking your business ideas o.
Are we not going to partner up like this? Seriously
what business ideas
Re: What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 16, 2021
Layormiii:
what business ideas

Do I send you a DM, if you don't mind?
Re: What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by Layormiii(f): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2021
Passionfruitt:

Do I send you a DM, if you don't mind?
sure sis. Good morning
Just wondering, why do you clear up your posts, I see you've cleared up your last mention to me.
Re: What Marriage Is And What Will Strengthen Or Destroy Marriage (gen. 1:26-31) by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 16, 2021
Layormiii:
sure sis. Good morning
Just wondering, why do you clear up your posts, I see you've cleared up your last mention to me.

Great. Good morning to you too, sis.

grin I don't know, it's just something I do, for the sake it.
But main reason is to start afresh in case I change to a new moniker.

How's your day going?

(1) (Reply)

Men; Which Of These 21 Family Problems Have You Been Able To Dodge? / What Happens When Lawyer suppose to read Will Dies? / Share Your Home Screen Here.. Photo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.