Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,219 members, 7,919,898 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 03:45 PM

How Two Ladies Lose N1.9m Investment To Grow Crops Online - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Two Ladies Lose N1.9m Investment To Grow Crops Online (450 Views)

Cucumber Farming: The Short Term BLOOD-MONEY Crops Plantation. / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! / Investors Lose $190m As Owner Of Cryptocurrency Company Dies With Passwords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Two Ladies Lose N1.9m Investment To Grow Crops Online by aljazirahnews: 6:17am On Aug 28, 2021
Chioma Agwuegbo first heard of Grow Crops Online at an investment class she attended in 2017. Everything seemed fine with the platform. Grow Crops Online claimed to help people rent parcels of land and grow any crop on it. At the end of nine months, the investor gets back their money and 30% Return on Investment (ROI).

On its website, Grow Crops portrayed itself as a safe investment platform where anyone could own and run an actual farm from anywhere with smartphones.

“The farming process is insured from planting to harvest, so you never lose money!” the platform screamed. But little did Chioma know she would lose good money.

“In 2017 and 2018, I invested with them and got my money back. I invested in pumpkin and got paid after nine months. So I invested for the third time, this time inviting my friend to join the platform,” Chioma said.

Chioma and Omowunmi Agunloye subscribed to Grow Crops’ ‘Early Bird Max Scheme’ in October 2018 by investing N970,000 each. Chioma rented five hectares of land — same as her friend — to grow pumpkins. By July 2019, as stated in a certificate issued by Grow Crops, they were to get their money and ROI.

“In June 2019, Grow Crops sent a mail, stating that they wanted to explore the production of serum and that it might take time before they got a NAFDAC number for the product. I understood. But by October, a year after I subscribed, I called to ask why I was yet to get my ROI, but Grow Crops said they would start paying,” she told FIJ.

Grow Crops assured Chioma she would get her ROI in November since she was an Early Bird Max subscriber. In a newsletter dated May 26, 2019, the company said, “We would, however, still be giving you Early Bird Max subscribers privileges, which still include priority in payment of income and many other perks we will be announcing shortly.”

ALL WORDS, NO ACTION

Read More: https://globaltimesng.com/2021/08/28/how-two-ladies-lose-n1-9m-investment-to-grow-crops-online/[url][/url]
Re: How Two Ladies Lose N1.9m Investment To Grow Crops Online by Tomahawk99(m): 6:26am On Aug 28, 2021
Scammers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Two Ladies Lose N1.9m Investment To Grow Crops Online by InfernoNig: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2021
Wow.

(1) (Reply)

Withdraw STX Token From Blockchain. / Business Opportunity For Wholesalers And Importers / Equity For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.