Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,193 members, 7,873,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:18 PM

Observation Of Black People On Dstv Program " Come Dine With Me" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Observation Of Black People On Dstv Program " Come Dine With Me" (421 Views)

My Observation Of An APC Flier In Mushin . See This / TMC Urchins Finally Invited To Wine And Dine With Occult Grandmaster Tinubu / Kaduna Crisis: Gunshots, People On The Run! Photos And Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Observation Of Black People On Dstv Program " Come Dine With Me" by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
There is a very interesting program on dstv on Bbc lifestyle called come dine with southafrica, Where strangers visit one another’s homes for dinner and attempt to outwit and impress fellow guests with their culinary and hospitality skills in a bid to win a cash prize.

Anytime, i watch the show, my focus is always on the black contestants and i noticed that 90% of blacks on that show always score low point from their white or indian contestants.

Gifts, some of the blacks i have watched on that show hardly bring gifts when visiting their fellow contestants, atleast bringing gifts can create a positive impression on that fellow.

I noticed something different about presentation, most blacks don't put any effort when presenting when compared to the Indians or whites on the show but then expect to get high scores. On one episode, this indian guy brought out his A game to the show in terms of cooking, hosting and food presentation, another episode, one white woman was on point through out her the game. They ended up winning the game. Most of the black contestants over promise but don't deliver at all.

There was this come dine with me uk series i watched, where a jamaican woman was presenting her meal, i don't want to go into all the thing she did, her guest hosting skills quickly turned from fun to awkward in a matter of minutes because she made it all about herself.

Acceptance of other people's culture and idea, on one episode, a zulu man who i thought was jovial changed everything for me when his Indian and white guest came to his house, oh lord, he said in zulu culture, chicken wings are for women while the laps are for men and went on to serve them that, even his presentation and hosting skills were aggressive rather than accommodating which made him to score low points.

Anyway, i will just leave you to watch for yourself, in reality the show exposed me to hosting and presentation skills, being competitive and bringing your A game to anything.
Re: Observation Of Black People On Dstv Program " Come Dine With Me" by hothead(m): 5:06pm On Aug 28, 2021
Nice observation.. I watch the show too . I love the whole idea
Re: Observation Of Black People On Dstv Program " Come Dine With Me" by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
hothead:
Nice observation.. I watch the show too . I love the whole idea

I wish they could do something similar in Nigeria, it will be funny to see the end result

(1) (Reply)

Pandemonium As Unknown Gunmen Storm Political Gathering In Enugu say no election / Obadiah Mailafia: Was Refused Oxygen And Hastily Pronounced Dead / Ffk’s Admission Into APC, A Symbolic Presidential Amnesty – Kayode Ajulo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.