Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,071 members, 7,949,686 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:15 PM

Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. (2041 Views)

Is Jesus The Same Person As The Father? / Watch Scary Moment A Man Who Act As Jesus Christ Fell From His Cross (video) / Is Jesus Same Person As The Father? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by Kobojunkie: 5:21am On Aug 29, 2021
illicit:

It has to do with it
U seem to wonder about my being a Linguist, so I am given u references
A doctor will do that, a pharmacist will, a lawyer will....
Hawaa Arabic
Awawu Yoruba
That's your answer
Many names have different variations or pronunciations either as a result of time or location differences
Isaac - Jew
Isiaka - Arab
Abraham - Jew
Ibrahim - Arab
Mary, Maria (Yoruba) Moriamo (Yoruba)
Mariam, Moriam (Arab)
You don't seem to have been following the conversation and your claim that you were interested in historical evidence was just that, a claim a nothing more. undecided
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by illicit(m): 5:35am On Aug 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You don't seem to have been following the conversation and your claim that you were interested in historical evidence was just that, a claim a nothing more. undecided

Linguistics is in everyday life not just in books because it is a living science
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by Adamgeneral12: 5:50am On Aug 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Arabic form of the name 'Eve's is pronounced 'hawaa', not 'awawu'. undecided

You said you are a Linguist and here you keep making a mistake even a non-Linguist shouldn't make in this. Why would you ask an Hausa mallam when the language of concern is Arabic, and so your reference should be the Arabic language and not the Quran. undecided

The Arabic language itself does not draw from the Quran and so should never be treated as though it does. undecided
Nana- mother
Hawaa- eve
Hawawu- eve
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by PROVERBZ(m): 8:33am On Aug 29, 2021
haekymbahd:
Is Jesus not God Almighty who gave the laws in the Torah in the first place..

Yeshua (Isa) is not Jesus, Jesus is a Greek god even the early christians the Nazarenes rejected Yeshua has God but as a messenger of God. It was Apostle Paul a repented persecutor of nazarenes that went to a non-isrealite location to convert people to the religion of the Roman God (Je- Zeus). Hence why Christians celebrate Christmas, Easter, take their holy day as Sunday instead of Sabbath.. e.t.c and other pagan, Ronan festivals

Jesus Christ does not exist but Yeshua Hamachiak [Prophet Isa] even Peter confirmed that Jesus was the prophet like Moses.

Acts 3

22 Thus Moses said to the forefathers, The Lord God will raise up for you a Prophet from among your brethren as [He raised up] me; Him you shall listen to and understand by hearing and heed in all things whatever He tells you.

23And it shall be that every soul that does not listen to and understand by hearing and heed that Prophet shall be utterly [e]exterminated from among the people.(

mtcheeeew
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by PROVERBZ(m): 8:46am On Aug 29, 2021
haekymbahd:
Is Jesus not God Almighty who gave the laws in the Torah in the first place..

Yeshua (Isa) is not Jesus, Jesus is a Greek god even the early christians the Nazarenes rejected Yeshua has God but as a messenger of God. It was Apostle Paul a repented persecutor of nazarenes that went to a non-isrealite location to convert people to the religion of the Roman God (Je- Zeus). Hence why Christians celebrate Christmas, Easter, take their holy day as Sunday instead of Sabbath.. e.t.c and other pagan, Ronan festivals

Jesus Christ does not exist but Yeshua Hamachiak [Prophet Isa] even Peter confirmed that Jesus was the prophet like Moses.

Acts 3

22 Thus Moses said to the forefathers, The Lord God will raise up for you a Prophet from among your brethren as [He raised up] me; Him you shall listen to and understand by hearing and heed in all things whatever He tells you.

23And it shall be that every soul that does not listen to and understand by hearing and heed that Prophet shall be utterly [e]exterminated from among the people.(

sometimes u people are confused cuz ur arguments are based on what some Millar that has never been into the four walls of a class room says after smoking hemp.

Ok u claim Paul messed up the gospel, this is a different argument from the ones Muslims have been claiming over the years. First it was the council of nicea removed books from the original bible, secondly it was that emperor Constantine did it.

U claim Paul changes the gospel and then u go ahead to quote acts of apostles. A book written by Luke the apostle, a companion of Paul, like his disciple. Isshhhhh. Other Muslims used to cliam the whole new testament is fake so I'm even surprised u used a book from new testament.
Christians must make sure that Christianity is in no way associated to islam.
Jesus is not isah; Allah is not the same God to avoid confusions.
This is exactly why every Christian must strive

1 Like

Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by RightChannel: 6:06pm On Sep 05, 2021
illicit:

Nana Awawu

Ask ur mallam, kid

Did I resemble Aboki or a Muslim, you need to consult your Imam to help you out with that question in front of you, refute not to be brainwashed, child
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by haekymbahd(m): 2:20am On Sep 06, 2021
PROVERBZ:
sometimes u people are confused cuz ur arguments are based on what some Millar that has never been into the four walls of a class room says after smoking hemp.

Ok u claim Paul messed up the gospel, this is a different argument from the ones Muslims have been claiming over the years. First it was the council of nicea removed books from the original bible, secondly it was that emperor Constantine did it.

U claim Paul changes the gospel and then u go ahead to quote acts of apostles. A book written by Luke the apostle, a companion of Paul, like his disciple. Isshhhhh. Other Muslims used to cliam the whole new testament is fake so I'm even surprised u used a book from new testament.
Christians must make sure that Christianity is in no way associated to islam.
Jesus is not isah; Allah is not the same God to avoid confusions.
This is exactly why every Christian must strive
I know the Bible is the only thing you beleive in of what essence is me quoting the Quran for you when you don't beleive it.

Jesus was a messenger sent by the Almighty and he himself had completed the assignment given to him by God Almighty. Hence this was the summary of his teaching

John 17
3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

4 I have glorified You down here on the earth by completing the work that You gave Me to do

How many of the Jewish christians whom he was persecuting who knew Jesus accepted Paul. They were called Nazarenes (ebionites) why do you think Paul went to a non isrealite (Antioch)nation to convert gentiles who didn't know anything about Jesus and change the name to Christianity to disaccociate from the Jewish christians. Hence there are little or no christians in isreal till date.

Jesus had completed his assignment and had sent disciples so who sent Paul a persecutor of Jewish christians who did not even meet Jesus alive and claiming to know more than the Jewish christians..

Any message that differ from the above John 17:3-4 is the message of the Antichrist...

Prophet isah was sent by God Almighty while Jesus sent himself hence calling himself God Almighty to his followers. So Muslims must make sure Islam is not associated with christianity. Jesus is not God Almighty rather he was sent by God Almighty...
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by PROVERBZ(m): 7:36am On Sep 06, 2021
haekymbahd:
I know the Bible is the only thing you beleive in of what essence is me quoting the Quran for you when you don't beleive it.

Jesus was a messenger sent by the Almighty and he himself had completed the assignment given to him by God Almighty. Hence this was the summary of his teaching

John 17
3 And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with, and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ (the Anointed One, the Messiah), Whom You have sent.

4 I have glorified You down here on the earth by completing the work that You gave Me to do

How many of the Jewish christians whom he was persecuting who knew Jesus accepted Paul. They were called Nazarenes (ebionites) why do you think Paul went to a non isrealite (Antioch)nation to convert gentiles who didn't know anything about Jesus and change the name to Christianity to disaccociate from the Jewish christians. Hence there are little or no christians in isreal till date.

Jesus had completed his assignment and had sent disciples so who sent Paul a persecutor of Jewish christians who did not even meet Jesus alive and claiming to know more than the Jewish christians..

Any message that differ from the above John 17:3-4 is the message of the Antichrist...

Prophet isah was sent by God Almighty while Jesus sent himself hence calling himself God Almighty to his followers. So Muslims must make sure Islam is not associated with christianity. Jesus is not God Almighty rather he was sent by God Almighty...
where are the supposed Jewish Christians that are the real Muslims according to you?

My problem with arguing with Muslims is that they are not even certain of their claims.

Ok u are of the Muslims school of thought that the problem is from Paul, that means that Peter, John , Luke, Matthew etc were legit. Ok my questions is: islam said Jesus was not curicified instead he was replaced by a look alike and went somewhere without coming out for the rest of his life. But theses people say he was crucified.

Are they also telling lies.

Paul did exactly what Christians were asked to do and if u follow the stories of the other disciples you would know that they did the same thing. The main command to Christian is called the great commission by chrsit himself.

Which Iw to go to the gentiles and preach.
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by haekymbahd(m): 9:40am On Sep 06, 2021
PROVERBZ:
where are the supposed Jewish Christians that are the real Muslims according to you?

My problem with arguing with Muslims is that they are not even certain of their claims.

Ok u are of the Muslims school of thought that the problem is from Paul, that means that Peter, John , Luke, Matthew etc were legit. Ok my questions is: islam said Jesus was not curicified instead he was replaced by a look alike and went somewhere without coming out for the rest of his life. But theses people say he was crucified.

Are they also telling lies.

Paul did exactly what Christians were asked to do and if u follow the stories of the other disciples you would know that they did the same thing. The main command to Christian is called the great commission by chrsit himself.

Which Iw to go to the gentiles and preach.
Now let's reason this Jesus preached the gospel while on earth he sent disciples to spread the gospel while alive. Jesus himself was sent to the children isreal but he sent his disciples to gentiles all this happened while he was on earth.

What was Jesus mission on earth it was to preach the Gospel nothing more?

Isaiah 61
1 THE SPIRIT of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound,(A)

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] [a]and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn

Jesus himself admitted he had completed the assignment given to him by God Almighty while he was not even said to be crucified yet?

John 17

I beleive this was what Jesus was actually sent to do and that whosoever beleive him will have eternal life. As Muslims I beleive in Jesus as messiah sent by God and not God Almighty himself.

Paul said if Jesus didn't die on your faith as christians is worthless did Jesus make such claim.

On the issue of crucifixion

Now you would agree with me that Jesus didn't write the gospel himself nor any of the disciples of him. Now the Gospels we have today we have cannonicals and non cannonicals but I will only talk about the cannonicals.

The four cannonicals made the claim that Jesus was crucified obviously Paul mut have also gotten the claim since he himself wasn't a disciple of Jesus while on earth so his claims are based on hearsay.

The earliest cannonical gospel which is Gospel of Mark was written around 70+A.D. and the author claimed he got the messages from various witnesses but couldn't mention any particular name nor document he copied from.

The Gospel in the earliest manuscript ended at Mark 16 verse 8 and it didn't account for the resurrection of Christ while the the latter Gospel does hence the Gospel was said to be fabricated to end at Chapter 16 verse 20 and it now accounts for ressurection of Christ after other latter Gospels had been written.

The Quran claimed crucifixion occured but Jesus himself was not the one crucified but another was made to resemble him that every thing written about crucifixion was mere assumptions was this claim actually absurd..

Allah SWT said:

"And [for] their saying, Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah. And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 157)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

Now if we truly look at the event of crucifiction you will realize that 2 individual s name Jesus emerged Jesus Christ and Jesus son of the father (Barabbas) was that Just a coincidence.

Barabbas means son of the father

Mathew 27
16 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas.

17 So when they had assembled for this purpose, Pilate said to them, Whom do you want me to set free for you, Jesus Barabbas (son of the father), or Jesus Who is called Christ?

20 But the chief priests and the elders prevailed on the people to ask for Barabbas, and put Jesus to death.

21 Again the governor said to them, Which of the two do you wish me to release for you? And they said, Barabbas!

22 Pilate said to them, Then what shall I do with Jesus Who is called Christ?

23 They all replied, Let Him be crucified! And he said, Why? What has He done that is evil? But they shouted all the louder, Let Him be crucified!

Whereas before this event Jesus himself had prayed to the father to save but no one knew if the father would save him or not according to the cannonical God didn't save Jesus but Quran said God saved him is that absurd to hear.

Mathew 26
38 Then He said to them, My soul is very sad and deeply grieved, so that [l]I am almost dying of sorrow. Stay here and keep awake and keep watch with Me.

39 And going a little farther, He threw Himself upon the ground on His face and prayed saying, My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will [not what I desire], but as You will and desire.

Now that the Quran said another was crucified in place of Jesus it now leads us to the question.

Who was crucified was it Jesus Christ or Jesus son of the father (Barabbas) and which is the real Jesus was it just a coincidence that they came up with the same name?

Now it should be clear that not even the Jews crucified Jesus he was handed over to the Romans whom he did not even offend nor knew him physically it was even the thief named Barabbas that offended the Romans why would they even want messiah crucified in place of the thief?

If crucifiction is essential to Christianity as Paul claims why would Jesus even pray to the father to save him in the first place.

I think what we should focus on is what is the actual message Jesus preached
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by PROVERBZ(m): 10:34am On Sep 06, 2021
haekymbahd:
Now let's reason this Jesus preached the gospel while on earth he sent disciples to spread the gospel while alive. Jesus himself was sent to the children isreal but he sent his disciples to gentiles all this happened while he was on earth.

What was Jesus mission on earth it was to preach the Gospel nothing more?

Isaiah 61
1 THE SPIRIT of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound,(A)

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] [a]and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn

Jesus himself admitted he had completed the assignment given to him by God Almighty while he was not even said to be crucified yet?

John 17

I beleive this was what Jesus was actually sent to do and that whosoever beleive him will have eternal life. As Muslims I beleive in Jesus as messiah sent by God and not God Almighty himself.

Paul said if Jesus didn't die on your faith as christians is worthless did Jesus make such claim.

On the issue of crucifixion

Now you would agree with me that Jesus didn't write the gospel himself nor any of the disciples of him. Now the Gospels we have today we have cannonicals and non cannonicals but I will only talk about the cannonicals.

The four cannonicals made the claim that Jesus was crucified obviously Paul mut have also gotten the claim since he himself wasn't a disciple of Jesus while on earth so his claims are based on hearsay.

The earliest cannonical gospel which is Gospel of Mark was written around 70+A.D. and the author claimed he got the messages from various witnesses but couldn't mention any particular name nor document he copied from.

The Gospel in the earliest manuscript ended at Mark 16 verse 8 and it didn't account for the resurrection of Christ while the the latter Gospel does hence the Gospel was said to be fabricated to end at Chapter 16 verse 20 and it now accounts for ressurection of Christ after other latter Gospels had been written.

The Quran claimed crucifixion occured but Jesus himself was not the one crucified but another was made to resemble him that every thing written about crucifixion was mere assumptions was this claim actually absurd..

Allah SWT said:

"And [for] their saying, Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah. And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 157)

Now if we truly look at the event of crucifiction you will realize that 2 individual s name Jesus emerged Jesus Christ and Jesus son of the father (Barabbas) was that Just a coincidence.

Barabbas means son of the father

Mathew 27
16 And at that time they had a notorious prisoner whose name was Jesus Barabbas.

17 So when they had assembled for this purpose, Pilate said to them, Whom do you want me to set free for you, Jesus Barabbas (son of the father), or Jesus Who is called Christ?

20 But the chief priests and the elders prevailed on the people to ask for Barabbas, and put Jesus to death.

21 Again the governor said to them, Which of the two do you wish me to release for you? And they said, Barabbas!

22 Pilate said to them, Then what shall I do with Jesus Who is called Christ?

23 They all replied, Let Him be crucified! And he said, Why? What has He done that is evil? But they shouted all the louder, Let Him be crucified!

Whereas before this event Jesus himself had prayed to the father to save but no one knew if the father would save him or not according to the cannonical God didn't save Jesus but Quran said God saved him is that absurd to hear.

Mathew 26
38 Then He said to them, My soul is very sad and deeply grieved, so that [l]I am almost dying of sorrow. Stay here and keep awake and keep watch with Me.

39 And going a little farther, He threw Himself upon the ground on His face and prayed saying, My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will [not what I desire], but as You will and desire.

Now that the Quran said another was crucified in place of Jesus it now leads us to the question.

Who was crucified was it Jesus Christ or Jesus son of the father (Barabbas) and which is the real Jesus was it just a coincidence that they came up with the same name?

Now it should be clear that not even the Jews crucified Jesus he was handed over to the Romans whom he did not even offend nor knew him physically it was even the thief named Barabbas that offended the Romans why would they even want messiah crucified in place of the thief?

If crucifiction is essential to Christianity as Paul claims why would Jesus even pray to the father to save him in the first place.

I think what we should focus on is what is the actual message Jesus preached
my bro I'm not even going to lie to you. I did not read what u have put up. I only browsed through it.

All of islams claims sound stupid to me. Now Paul didn not only write fake gospels but he also edited the accounts of john, Peter, etc

You need to know Barabbas was no theif or ordinary criminal. Barrabas was not a thief, he was a zealot. If u knew who the zealots where at the time you would understand why the Jews would pick him over Jesus Christ.

Secondly I doubt that the Romans would crucify publicly somebody like Barrabas and the Jews who he was fighting for would not recognise him.

If Jesus Christ needed to be saved he would have fleed the city before he was captured. If it was not God's will to die on the cross he would have fled. Before his arrest he talked about betrayal he prepared for death by having the last supper.
And even when they tried to arrest him he did not resist. Even when his follower, Peter, cut of someone's eyes during the arrest he rebuked him and did not make a run for it.

Christianity says he was supposed to die and that was the will of God.

U and islam claim that it was not God's will.

So why didn't he escape?? His arrest was not a suprise.
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by haekymbahd(m): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
PROVERBZ:
my bro I'm not even going to lie to you. I did not read what u have put up. I only browsed through it.

All of islams claims sound stupid to me. Now Paul didn not only write fake gospels but he also edited the accounts of john, Peter, etc

You need to know Barabbas was no theif or ordinary criminal. Barrabas was not a thief, he was a zealot. If u knew who the zealots where at the time you would understand why the Jews would pick him over Jesus Christ.

Secondly I doubt that the Romans would crucify publicly somebody like Barrabas and the Jews who he was fighting for would not recognise him.

If Jesus Christ needed to be saved he would have fleed the city before he was captured. If it was not God's will to die on the cross he would have fled. Before his arrest he talked about betrayal he prepared for death by having the last supper.
And even when they tried to arrest him he did not resist. Even when his follower, Peter, cut of someone's eyes during the arrest he rebuked him and did not make a run for it.

Christianity says he was supposed to die and that was the will of God.

U and islam claim that it was not God's will.

So why didn't he escape?? His arrest was not a suprise.
why does he need to escape change when he can transform to another person that even his disciples didn't recognize him after the alleged crucifiction not to talk of Romans who had never seen him before..

Jesus asked if it were possible the father should change the ill fate.. Did the father say it was not possible to change the fate?

Moreover, on the cross it according to the cannonicals Jesus question God "My God, My God why have you forsaken me"

Was he expecting God to save him when he knew he suppose to die was it so necessary for him to die so as the faith of christians to not become worthless as Paul claimed?

Did Jesus teach that as part of Gospel? Definitely No

Since he himself had said he had completed the assignment given to him according to John 17 verse 4

I told you the earliest Gospel which is the gospel of mark didn't account for his ressurection it was after other Gospels where written that they completed it have it cannot be reliable the earliest manuscript of Mark stopped at Mark 16 verse 8.. moreover there are variations in the account of ressurection portrayed in the consequent Gospel written.

1 Like

Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by sagenaija: 10:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
haekymbahd:

I told you the earliest Gospel which is the gospel of mark didn't account for his ressurection it was after other Gospels where written that they completed it have it cannot be reliable the earliest manuscript of Mark stopped at Mark 16 verse 8.. moreover there are variations in the account of ressurection portrayed in the consequent Gospel written.
Is there any reference in the book of Mark about the death and resurrection of Jesus?
See these:
And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders, and the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
Mark 8:31 ASV

And as they were coming down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, save when the Son of man should have risen again from the dead.
Mark 9:9 ASV

For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered up into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and when he is killed, after three days he shall rise again.
Mark 9:31 ASV

saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests and the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him unto the Gentiles: and they shall mock him, and shall spit upon him, and shall scourge him, and shall kill him; and after three days he shall rise again.
Mark 10:33‭-‬34 ASV

So, did Jesus in this book talk about his death and resurrection? The clear answer is 'Yes!'. Why are you then being disingenuous?
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by haekymbahd(m): 11:51pm On Sep 06, 2021
sagenaija:

Is there any reference in the book of Mark about the death and resurrection of Jesus?
See these:
And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders, and the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.
Mark 8:31 ASV

And as they were coming down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, save when the Son of man should have risen again from the dead.
Mark 9:9 ASV

For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered up into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and when he is killed, after three days he shall rise again.
Mark 9:31 ASV

saying, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be delivered unto the chief priests and the scribes; and they shall condemn him to death, and shall deliver him unto the Gentiles: and they shall mock him, and shall spit upon him, and shall scourge him, and shall kill him; and after three days he shall rise again.
Mark 10:33‭-‬34 ASV

So, did Jesus in this book talk about his death and resurrection? The clear answer is 'Yes!'. Why are you then being disingenuous?
That could have been his fate but the fact that just prayed to God at the last minute to save him from dieing nullified all the verse you posted it is either God granted Jesus his wish or not. Showing both Jesus and God have different will. As the hour was approving he changed his mind he didn't want to die anymore so he asked God to save him from death if possible.

Mark 14

34 And He said to them, My soul is exceedingly sad (overwhelmed with grief) so that it almost kills Me! Remain here and keep awake and be watching.

35 And going a little farther, He fell on the ground and kept praying that if it were possible the [[e]fatal] hour might pass from Him.

36 And He was saying, Abba, [which means] Father, everything is possible for You. Take away this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You [will].

Even this puncture your trinity doctrine because if Jesus had the power he wouldn't have died for anyone's sin his hope was totally based on another..

Why must Jesus die when he had completed the assignment given to him?

John 17

Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by PROVERBZ(m): 7:14am On Sep 07, 2021
haekymbahd:
why does he need to escape change when he can transform to another person that even his disciples didn't recognize him after the alleged crucifiction not to talk of Romans who had never seen him before..

Jesus asked if it were possible the father should change the ill fate.. Did the father say it was not possible to change the fate?

Moreover, on the cross it according to the cannonicals Jesus question God "My God, My God why have you forsaken me"

Was he expecting God to save him when he knew he suppose to die was it so necessary for him to die so as the faith of christians to not become worthless as Paul claimed?

Did Jesus teach that as part of Gospel? Definitely No

Since he himself had said he had completed the assignment given to him according to John 17 verse 4

brother Dan Allah can u not see how stupid this claim is?? First he asked God to save him. Now he didn't escape because he could change to another person.
Ok we agree he escaped!
What happened next??
He stopped preaching the gospel of Allah ?
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by sagenaija: 8:18am On Sep 07, 2021
haekymbahd:
That could have been his fate but the fact that just prayed to God at the last minute to save him from dieing nullified all the verse you posted it is either God granted Jesus his wish or not. Showing both Jesus and God have different will. As the hour was approving he changed his mind he didn't want to die anymore so he asked God to save him from death if possible.

Mark 14

34 And He said to them, My soul is exceedingly sad (overwhelmed with grief) so that it almost kills Me! Remain here and keep awake and be watching.

35 And going a little farther, He fell on the ground and kept praying that if it were possible the [[e]fatal] hour might pass from Him.

36 And He was saying, Abba, [which means] Father, everything is possible for You. Take away this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You [will].

Even this puncture your trinity doctrine because if Jesus had the power he wouldn't have died for anyone's sin his hope was totally based on another..

John 17

Jesus's ministry included: 1) Proclaiming the good news, and 2) deliverance to the captives.
These have to do with his preaching ministry, healing people, performing miracles and ultimately dying for man's sin.

When John the Baptist announced Jesus his message was unambiguous ‐ "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". So, from the start it was clear from the Gospels that his work included dying for mankind's sin. When Jesus preached his first message he also gave his 'terms of reference' as it were and quoted from the Old Testament to support what he was going to do.

So, the death on the cross was not an afterthought.

Jesus was both divine and human. In his humanity he experienced what every man would - hunger, thirst, etc. And so as a human the prospect of death on the cross was a heavy burden. In spite of that, notice Jesus still said "Yet not my will but yours be done". This means that he subjected his human desires to the ultimate will of his Father.

He had completed all that he needed to do and his submission to the Father's will for the cross was the final aspect of his ministry.
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by PROVERBZ(m): 11:54am On Sep 07, 2021
haekymbahd:

Mark 14

John 17

believe me bro, I am doing my best to make logical sense of all the things you people Claim but it does not make sense.

First if jesus escaped why didn't he come out and deny what Paul was preaching in his name, he must have heard.

Secondly, that abraham built the kabba. Abraham lived for thousands of years before Mohammed was born in Mecca I don't see how a mediocre structure like thàt would have survived that long.

Even the Jewish temple Solomon built is no more.
3rdly islam claims that Jesus would return on judgement dayz but to do what?? He was only a messanger and a prophet a man.

And lastly I want to understand what Islam claims is wrong with Judaism?
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by bobestman(m): 2:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
illicit:

Yes I am a Linguist

Most of those names in the Bible , the original pronunciation is lost

The same name Jesus in the new testament is the same as Joshua in the old testament

There are other names that have different pronunciations and orthography in the Bible to the one presented in the Quran such as Eve - Awawu

Noah - Nuru

Moses - Musa

Joseph - Yusuf

Pharaoh - Firaona

John - Yahaya

Etc
Muslims have the better names in the Bible than Christians. Too much translation has removed the true names and facts. Muslims never did that. Jesus is not even the Hebrew Messiah or Christ. He is another person created to take that glory. Yisa is far more better. Yisa, Yesua, Yahshua (Father's salvation) are very close.
The Messiah said He came in his father's name that they didn't accept him that another will come in his name which they will accept. They killed him and changed that name to Jesus. Another person not the true Messiah
Yahushua which is a Hebrew name was in the first translation of the scriptures, they didn't use it
IESOUS was the Greek translation. They never used it. On the tree they killed him was the accronym "INRI"- Iesua/Yeshua Nazarene RA Iehuda/Yudah
They settled for Jesus which is not even a direct translation or has meaning or has the Father's name in it. Even the letter J was added to the alphabets just 500yrs ago when many of these things happened over 3000 years ago. Yisah is far better and Jesus is not the Hebrew Messiah. He is an impostor they will find out at the right time. These ppl will never believe that the are decieved.
Re: Isah In The Quran Is Not The Same Person As Jesus Christ. by haekymbahdx: 3:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
PROVERBZ:
believe me bro, I am doing my best to make logical sense of all the things you people Claim but it does not make sense.

First if jesus escaped why didn't he come out and deny what Paul was preaching in his name, he must have heard.
he doesn't need to come out and deny Paul. He's had already been raised up. Also Christians believing that Jesus died is not a sin according to Islam because nobody knew what truly happened at that moment. The only issue is if christians don't follow the message of the Gospel. according to the Gospel Jesus never claimed he was God Almighty so where did the belief came from.

Note there is difference between Lord (Adonai) - Teacher and LORD (YAHWE) - GOD
Moreover he had said

Mathew 7
21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name?

23 And then I will say to them openly (publicly), I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly [b][disregarding My commands].(C)

24 So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts upon them [obeying them] will be like a [p]sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man who built his house upon the rock.[/b]

Allah SWT said:

"Then We sent following their footsteps Our messengers and followed [them] with Jesus, the son of Mary, and gave him the Gospel. And We placed in the hearts of those who followed him compassion and mercy and monasticism, which they innovated; We did not prescribe it for them except [that they did so] seeking the approval of Allah. But they did not observe it with due observance. So We gave the ones who believed among them their reward, but many of them are defiantly disobedient."
(QS. Al-Hadid 57: Verse 27)

PROVERBZ:

Secondly, that abraham built the kabba. Abraham lived for thousands of years before Mohammed was born in Mecca I don't see how a mediocre structure like thàt would have survived that long.
Abraham and ishmael only laid the foundation they didn't raise it like the structure it is today. It later became the shrine of idolaters which Allah later through Muhammad reclaimed the house by destroying all the idols there.

Allah SWT said:

"And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael, [saying], Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the Knowing."
(QS. Al-Baqara 2: Verse 127)

PROVERBZ:

Even the Jewish temple Solomon built is no more.
This was bound to happen Jesus has hinted about this

Mathew 23
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, murdering the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a mother fowl gathers her brood under her wings, and you refused!

38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate (abandoned and left destitute of God's help). [I Kings 9:7; Jer. 22:5.]

39 For I declare to you, you will not see Me again until you say, Blessed (magnified in worship, adored, and exalted) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!(F)

John 4
21 Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither [merely] in this mountain nor [merely] in Jerusalem.

PROVERBZ:

3rdly islam claims that Jesus would return on judgement dayz but to do what?? He was only a messanger and a prophet a man.
Jesus has not fulfilled all his messianic prophecy same reason the Jews rejected him..

John 17

Jesus was the messiah but that does not mean he was God Almighty, rather he was sent by God Almighty.

Isaiah 61

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] [a]and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,(B)

PROVERBZ:

And lastly I want to understand what Islam claims is wrong with Judaism?
They were cursed

Mathew 23
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, murdering the prophets and stoning those who are sent to you! How often would I have gathered your children together as a mother fowl gathers her brood under her wings, and you refused!

38 Behold, your house is forsaken and desolate (abandoned and left destitute of God's help). [I Kings 9:7; Jer. 22:5.]

39 For I declare to you, you will not see Me again until you say, Blessed (magnified in worship, adored, and exalted) is He Who comes in the name of the Lord!(F)

(1) (2) (Reply)

How You Can Use Google Earth To Prove That Islam Is A Lie / Who Really In Charge Of This World Affairs, God Or Satan? / "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.