Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,683 members, 7,975,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2024 at 09:18 AM

Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm (33980 Views)

Mummy G.O.'s Son: "My Mother Not Bothered About Hellfire Memes On Social Media" / Why Has Pre-marital Sex Become A Norm In Our Society Today? / Pastor Adeboye: Those Attacking Me On Internet Would Be Sent Out Of This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by desiredhome: 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
jaxxy:

That’s very true. I see a disparity in how Jesus walked and how these men perform. U can’t even question them. It’s not allowed. Why?

Jesus teaches Love, forgiveness, patient, etc which are all good virtues, but these pastorpreneurs teaches opposite......
they are demigod to their members, that is why they can't ask them questions grin grin grin .,.......
unfortunately hunger and greed have blindfolded their members.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Expresswriter: 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
Stop exaggerating issues.

Human beings are imperfect.

There are thousands of pastors, if not millions, in Nigeria.

Using few cases of 3 or 4 or a low figure as a yardstick to conclude that pastors are attacking each other is a faulty premise with a faulty logical conclusion.

You people just blow things beyond proportion to feed your selfish interests.

Learn to mind your own business.

You that is saying this about men of God are you perfect?

No one is perfect. Me too, I am not perfect.

I have my own flaws.

Stop focusing on people's flaws.

Bishop Oyedepo has given scholarships, provided jobs, built roads etc, none of you ever talk about this!!

You see it and ignore it.

When you hear that he has a jet you open your mouth and start running it.

In Canaan Land, Living Faith Church, they enjoy 24 hours power supply. It has been so for more than 10 years. This is good management and administration. The Nigerian government is supposed to learn from this.

But no, nobody talks about it.

Nobody talks about the people who got healed after the doctor has told them they have a terminal disease and have few days left to live.

It's fault, fault fault that all of you are looking for.

If you're looking for fault, you'll see many. I assure you. Nobody's perfect. God is our helper. Learn to celebrate the good in people.

Over 100 jets drove to Buhari's sons wedding yet only few people said anything about it.

If it's a man of God now, all of you will open your mouth to start ranting.

Remove the speck of dust from your own eyes first.

Period.

2 Likes

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Domino18: 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
triple996:
Christianity na joke 4 dis country

No, Christianity is not a joke in Nigeria. There are thousands if not millions of True Christians in Nigeria. Do no let the nonsense you see on social media deceive you. Stay blessed.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by fof1: 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2021
triple996:
Christianity na joke 4 dis country

My Friend...You have No Excuses...Find the Risen Lord Jesus Christ...He is d Saviour of Mankind...Follow him and Not Ur GO or Man of God. We are inexcusable b4 God for Refusal to Repent Genuinely from Sins and to find Ourselves in d Lake of Fire after Judgement...Pls. Hell FIRE is Real...No PRETENCES.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Bngf: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2021
Fake pastors
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by FORWARDEVERLY: 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
They are all fools..
PastorPreneurs
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2021
Eviana:

Yes, I understand that. It's a problem here in the U.S. also.
Hence why I said the enemy has a foothold in Christianity.
But it's not all.
You are focusing too much on the negative and giving no credence to the positive.

Born and raised a Christian. I am Igbo through my dad...and I am honoring him through stating my 50 percent direct lineage, that's all.
I wasn't born in Nigeria nor have ever lived there.
But there's no way on earth that in a nation of between 180-200 million, that you don't still have some genuine, sincere, Bible-believing and following churches?
What gets put in the media are the "mega" churches and that's for a reason and agenda.

So what you, as a follower of Christ, should do is
1). pray to God, get to know Him through His Word, and establish a relationship AND pray for sincere souls seeking for truth there in Nigeria.
2). pray for the church God would have you attend..(IF you feel led to leave your church)
3). develop friendships, and eventually invite others to --prayerfully attend your church-- and who are prayerfully willing to know more (The Holy Spirit can direct you to specific people)
4). nurture them and emphasize the importance of studying the Word in spirit and in truth

These are starts....and may not win all, but at least a few. While God wants all to accept the gift of salvation, not all will. He is not into numbers.

Totally agree with you on the 100% mega churches. You are right. Let me just cross it out. For sure, we are at the last days where false prophets are too many.

And yes, there are still good churches. And the way to really know a good church is the emphasis on John 3.16. And then, Spiritual growth - fruits and gifts of the holy spirit. If there is a church that preaches 90% - 100% on these issues, trust me, that is a living church. I do not care about the doctrine (as long as it is biblical and in line with God's word), I am all in. When I see myself developing. When i am motivated to read the Bible. As in the pastor preaches, and I am moved to start searching the word. Rick Renner is one pastor who moved me to do such. I still have his Sparkling Gem he signed right in my presence and we joked seriously that day.

At least on these two points we can agree. That's nice to know.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Successfulben: 4:46pm On Aug 29, 2021
Over to you Mr Righteousness.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Mycoin(m): 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Sorry, point of correction; pastors are not doing that. Business men fighting for larger share of the "market" are doing that.

And they are all on the pulpit preaching and guiding their followers.

I don't think that's business, it pretty much sound like religion to me
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Successfulben: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2021
When you see a man laying so much emphasy on the GIFTS of the Spirit and not the FRUITS of the Spirit, the same is a false prophet. Most of the places we call church is actually a cult. Most of the people you call men of God are actually men of mammon.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by xproducer: 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2021
"But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth" - 2 Timothy 2:23-25
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by leofab(f): 5:28pm On Aug 29, 2021
NwaNimo1:
fake pastors

[img]https://media1./images/3425851374de54af358557aac53c0d37/tenor.gif?itemid=20942356[/img]
hypocrisy but if it’s other religious leaders or members you will used jt to crucify them
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Okhuadams(m): 5:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
I am someone who goes to church with my brain intact, Bible at hand and not on device and my eyes opened wide
well-done I here u
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Victerica(m): 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2021
Maybe Religion is a political tool..
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by GardenOfGod(m): 7:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
uba1991:
you guys thought everybody that supports Nigeria to progress in this administration is a Muslim. Buhari will go and Nigeria will still remain, so if we destroy Nigeria now just because we don't like the president, what then are we going to called our home tomorrow.
Go to Jos and make this emotional statement to a young guy whose family were muthered. If you come back alive then Nigeria is your home.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by DLSReigns: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
Unfortunately the focus of many pastors are derailed from the substance to things of the world. As followers, when you sense your pastor is consistently losing focus, please its not a sin to seek a better shepherd elsewhere.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Mycoin:

And they are all on the pulpit preaching and guiding their followers.

I don't think that's business, it pretty much sound like religion to me

When they try their best to outdo one another to see who would build the largest auditoriums and buy the highest number of private jets. I don't think it's religion. It pretty much sounds like business to me.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by NairaMaster1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
you believe I just woke up and wrote this?
Go online, there are lots of confession videos of pastors who organized miracles and prophecy.
Google is your friend bro..
Recently, one of the so called pastor made a confessional statement of how he organized people for fake miracles and prophecy when the people he used was caught..
Bro, let's just worship almighty God in truth and spirit..
What is being preached nowadays is prosperity and they are meant to preach repentance preparing us for heaven..
How does prosperity prepare us for heaven?
Isn't it a motivation to join yahoo, rituals and robbery?

I don't have the capacity to monitor men of God online and condemn them online.

No! I don't. Never. May knowledge never fails me in my short life.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by uba1991: 9:04pm On Aug 29, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Go to Jos and make this emotional statement to a young guy whose family were muthered. If you come back alive then Nigeria is your home.
unfortunately for you,iam in jos. do you know how to read and understand at all? Is there any where that I supported the killing in jos?or any where? Iam not like you people that always jubilate when ipob kill our military personnel.
Mr Man iam in jos since 2001. I know how jos crisis started.
If you don't know anything about jos, pls ask anybody to tell you what happened in dogo na hawa in 2011.
We cannot destroy the country because we have crisis at hand, we have to support the government and stand against the terrorists and their sympathizers.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by AyoEniafe(m): 10:21pm On Aug 29, 2021
Crossroad1:
Seems the new trend right now or let me put it this way, seems the fastest ways for so called men of God to gain popularity and trend right now is to attack each other.
Tunde bakare attacks Oyedepo about his private jet.
Okotie attacks t.b Joshua that he is a demon. Now this particular one has so many counter attacks from the likes of indaboski, Iginla and the rest..
They now take each other to the cleaners with reckless abandon and some of them will even use curse words on the alter.
We now have proud men of God
Boastful men of God
Womanizers
Miracle arrangees
Magicians(they now command money into bank accounts)
Prophecy arrangee
So apparently, the church of God is now a business center which Jesus warmed against in

Luke 19:46
New King James Version
saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’

They've even turned the church into a place where they sell all sort of thing you can ever imagine..
They sell handkerchief, aprons, water, anointing oil for security purposes and health issues meanwhile they walk around with angry looking securities and fly their families abroad when they are sick..

John 2:16
New King James Version
And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”

This is not the Christianity I grew up knowing, this is not the Christianity of love, peace and tolerance they talked about when we were growing up.. The more the world advance, the more worse Christianity is becoming..
Pastors now boast of what they have and what they've acquired over their years and they termed it God's prosperity..
God can prosper you but what I see around in today's churches hennnnn, it is well..

Cc oam4j

You cited just two examples, and you're making seem like it's something that happens everyday
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by valoky22(m): 12:04am On Aug 30, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
Hmmmm
This is one of our PROBLEMS.
When GOD sent us to this world, he never gave us a CHURCH nor RELIGION. We were born without Language, Religion and cloths to Parents, who will now decide our fate for the rest of our lives.

GOD is neither a Christian nor Muslim.
He's just supreme.
Religion is a way through which one chooses to reverence God.
But in Nigeria the case is different.
They threaten you in Islam with Jihad.
They threaten you in Christianity with the wrath of God if you choose not to align with their teachings, pay tithes, and give pastors alms.
The cause of all these is that PEOPLE have allowed others to think for them.
You're very much on point bro. Their business centres wouldn't have thrived or be booming had their captives been able to think for themselves.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by GardenOfGod(m): 6:19am On Aug 30, 2021
uba1991:
[s]unfortunately for you,iam in jos. do you know how to read and understand at all?[/s] Is there any where that I supported the killing in Jos? [s]or any where? Iam not like you people that always jubilate when ipob kill our military personnel.
If you don't know anything about jos, pls ask anybody to tell you what happened in dogo na hawa in 2011.
We cannot destroy the country because we have crisis at hand, we have to support the government and stand against the terrorists and their sympathizers.[/s]
You are not in Jos don't lie! If you are, how many of your family members have been killed by killer herdsmen?
Like I said earlier, if you are affected by the brutality of killer herdsmen cum bandits/Taliban terrorists, you will be careful what you wish for. Nigeria has been destroyed by political leaders in power as revealed by the Rtrd. Col. So your unity quest bears no meaning to a family devastated by banditry.

uba1991:
you guys thought everybody that supports Nigeria to progress in this administration is a Muslim. Buhari will go and Nigeria will still remain, so if we destroy Nigeria now just because we don't like the president, what then are we going to called our home tomorrow.
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by AntiChristian: 8:23am On Aug 30, 2021
uba1991:
and who are those men of God?

lipsrsealed
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Aug 30, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

At least the judgement will be from God himself not a jihadist.

Even if your so called "Jihadist" is Judging Na God still be the Judge!
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Lashist(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2021
uba1991:
unfortunately for you,iam in jos. do you know how to read and understand at all? Is there any where that I supported the killing in jos?or any where? Iam not like you people that always jubilate when ipob kill our military personnel.
We cannot destroy the country because we have crisis at hand, we have to support the government and stand against the terrorists and their sympathizers.
If you care so much, why dont go and tell the bandits to stop killing people...instead of you carrying your stupid mouth daily to say rubbish here
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2021
Aurelius1:
What does little children know that a supposed prophet of God should command bears to kill them? It is the same Bible that tells us that Jesus loves little children. Do you think if it were Jesus, he would command bears to eat up those kids? I read the bible with an open heart. I encourage you to do the same.

So who are we to blame? The lads that called Elisha "baldhead'' or Elisha that cursed them or God that answered the curse?

And where was Jesus in the picture of things?
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by AntiChristian: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2021
Lucas4903:

For your mind now, you think say these Nigerian business men fit curse anybody and e go stand. Guy I go put my head down make dem curse am, I bet you nothing go happen. I respect babalawo and Alfa curse pass them.

grin
Re: Pastors Attacking Each Other On Social Media, the new norm by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:47am On Aug 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

Even if your so called "Jihadist" is Judging Na God still be the Judge!
I thought there is only one God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop / Ogun Preacher Dies During Sermon Against Ritualists / Christians Must Choose Between Apostle Paul And Jesus Christ - Femi Aribisala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.